Emergency Measures Act - Umm...

Moonbox

2 minutes ago, West said:

https://www.cjme.com/2022/02/23/trudeau-revokes-emergencies-act/

Just like that Trudeau ends the Emergencies Act. Must be scared of lawsuits. 

Don't worry they'll come

Makes me wonder. Was it his own caucus in revolt, that Senate that was going to vote it down, bad polls, or lawsuits? Maybe all of them to some degree

• Like 1

Just now, Nexii said:

Makes me wonder. Was it his own caucus in revolt, that Senate that was going to vote it down, bad polls, or lawsuits? Maybe all of them to some degree

Probably the Senate. It would've been a major embarrassment to admit he was wrong in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Nexii said:

Probably. Though it is curious how few polls have been released in February by polling companies compared to previous months

Trudeaus sycophants were trying to pressure the senate into rubber stamping it. When it became apparent they were getting embarrassed by some pretty awesome speeches in the senate and the vote itself would likely expose their sycophants in the senate they retreated. 

22 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I did hear her out...on the clip that was posted by Infidel Dog. And having heard her out on that clip, I have to say she makes some good points. I even watched this clip you've posted here. I find the guy is pretty loose with his terminology and analysis of migrations. He also does an interesting twist on "white Britons" being a minority in the coming decades. He makes reference to the Eugenics Society. Which I find interesting since the US abortion rights movement was lead by a eugenics expert and I would bet this person supports abortion in the USA...wouldn't you? Oh and "The Nazi shit". LOL...just had to throw that word in there eh?

And lets not forget that this person doesn't waste any time digging into the sources of information Lauren discussed, instead of the information itself. I see this over and over from people who can't really dispute a point, so they attack the messenger. "The data can't be correct because you hate JEWS!" Little secret for ya...not a lot of people in Central and Eastern Europe, a place I lived for about a decade and still hold property in, really think its reasonable to say 6,000,000 Jews were exterminated by Hitler. Nobody disputes what Hitler did was abhorrent. It most certainly was. But 6,000,000? Ya...probably not.

So this is your rebuttal. Attack the messenger instead of the message.

The words of Pixie-Dust will ring throughout history as his crowning failure. We'll make sure of that.

I follow information in search of truth. A complete idiot can be informational. But not to you. Which is why I say...your attitude is one of the biggest reasons Canada is so divided today. You have a prejudice that motivates you. Not a desire for the facts and truth. Prejudice and racism are brothers. Do try to keep the brothers in separate rooms?

There's a good lad...

She has been reporting the reverse racism and persecution of white Farmers in South Africa.  THOSE are the people we need to let immigrate to Canada.  Not the Jihadis.

16 minutes ago, West said:

Probably the Senate. It would've been a major embarrassment to admit he was wrong in the first place. 

This might be true.  There were even Liberal-appointed senators who'd made clear their intentions to vote against the measure.  Trudeau's justification for the Emergencies act was paper thin and set a bad precedent, and as the place for "sober second thought" I think we were going to see it fail OR at least see a lot more dissent against it.   

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

I would agree. White or not.

Yes, sure, the people in general there work very hard.  Part of the problem for South Africa has been the reliance on cheap black labour for its mining operations.  Because of that their mines are technologically backward compared to ones operated in the West.  Now that black workers are getting greedy and unionizing they are making labour impossibly expensive for the mining companies.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Let's be responsible for what we write including who we quote.  And let's do it as individuals.  Recognize that whatever position you have on this thing, there are utter wingnuts who generally agree with you.  It's not your job to pretend wingnuts are not wingnuts.

Depends what you mean by wingnuts but I don't ignore or shut anyone out, especially if they reach out in good faith. I myself don't agree that people should be put on ignore. You might simply not understand the person. They may not be well-educated members of the literati, but they still perceive a problem or injustice, and may have a good point now and then. Except of course for the forum BubberMileys, that's a different thing. Can never be taken seriously.

I have noted where you sometimes seem to be trolling, as when you trash a thread or certain poster, or try to introduce a new subject in a thread that's not your own. Also sometimes you give "ups" (emoticons) to posters who are blatantly trolling, which actually encourages it to continue.

I think the forum is fine, and the moderator can handle things. The real problem with irresponsible words and deeds that get people fired up is in the HOC. They set the bar for political dialogue, not you and me.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, West said:

The guy wasted so much resources all because he wasn't man enough to actually talk to his citizens

That was the sad how he hid and just throws out insults. He has so much contempt for most Canadians. But I haven't looked at the polls, but i doubt if it hurts him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PIK said:

That was the sad how he hid and just throws out insults. He has so much contempt for most Canadians. But I haven't looked at the polls, but i doubt if it hurts him.

You might see a different approach in the USA in coming weeks. Their convoy is expected to arrive in Washington next week. It will be interesting to see if US congressmen or senators will meet and have a dialogue with them.

On 2/16/2022 at 4:26 AM, blackbird said:

There are a number of reasons why the act is necessary.  But there is no need to for the government to give a detailed explanation, although they did issue a brief explanation.   The reasons have been on the media constantly since the protest convoy started three weeks ago.  It will also be debated thoroughly in Parliament as is required within seven days of enactment.

But why was it necessary to have to go freeze bank accounts of some people who supported the truckers convoy? I have heard of two instances already where a small donation to the truckers by two supporters got their bank accounts frozen. They now have no access to their money to feed their families. Even Christ Freeland laughed about it when she had her news conference with the MSM. Well? 

33 minutes ago, PIK said:

Marxist Trudeau was just acting like a communist tyrannical bully that he is. Marxist leaders do not speak to their citizen's. They prefer to avoid them and have them arrested and charged with something to make them go away. Now comrade Trudeau has put himself into the firing line because this is not over yet. He cannot be allowed to win this war on we the peasants. He must go. 

What this buffoon has done to the freedom and patriotic lovers of Canada is pretty much told them to go phk themselves. I am the boss here now. So go home and shut your freedom loving mouths or else I will come after you. Got it, peasants? 

There was no reason for comrade Trudeau to deny citizen's who donated money to the truckers cause to now deny them access to their bank accounts by freezing their bank accounts. That is something I thought would only be seen and done in some communist country, and not in Canada.

Today, we are all now living in a communist country where our dear Marxist so called leader as enough power given to him to be able to do whatever he wants to do to any and all Canadians. We are all now not safe from his Marxist wrath. The buffoon is going after his enemies now and it will begin with the truckers in this convoy. 

Only useful idiots and buffoons will go along with what this Marxist dictator has done to Canada and Canadians. When one day Trudeau decides to come after one of those supporters of Trudeau and he has them arrested for something they said that was politically incorrect they will then cry themselves, and say, why isn't there anybody here for me. By then it will be too late for them, and I will gladly say to them, too bad, so sad for you. Ha-ha. 

Edited by taxme
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You might see a different approach in the USA in coming weeks. Their convoy is expected to arrive in Washington next week. It will be interesting to see if US congressmen or senators will meet and have a dialogue with them.

Nope they will vilify them and compare them to the Jan 6 crowd.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, taxme said:

But why was it necessary to have to go freeze bank accounts of some people who supported the truckers convoy? I have heard of two instances already where a small donation to the truckers by two supporters got their bank accounts frozen. They now have no access to their money to feed their families. Even Christ Freeland laughed about it when she had her news conference with the MSM. Well? 

I heard that too but didn't know if it actually happened. THAT is damn scary.  Questioning the liberal orthodoxy these days is dangerous.  For instance if you don't like aboriginal renaming of schools you can get yourself run off a school board.  

2 hours ago, taxesanddeath said:

What is going on ? 

Jt ended  the ema few mins ago.

Some polls just came out with the CPC at 39% and the Libs down at 31 or 32%. 

Dialamah posted it somewhere, I just saw a quote of it.

The speed of him dropping the E-Act seems to be proportional to how fast his party was slipping in the polls. 

6 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I heard that too but didn't know if it actually happened. THAT is damn scary.  Questioning the liberal orthodoxy these days is dangerous.  For instance if you don't like aboriginal renaming of schools you can get yourself run off a school board.  

With this Emergency Marxist Act Marxist Trudeau can now do whatever he wants to do to anybody and they have no rights to challenge it in court. Nobody really understands that the Act is part of the great globalist reset agenda conspiracy. Trudeau is just a small time punk but an important punk in trying to get Canada into the great reset mode conspiracy. Trudeau is a but useful idiot puppet for the globalist great reset agenda. It's all over the internet for all to see. There are also plenty of alternative media websites out there that have pointed all this conspiracy stuff out. 

This truckers protest was not just about mandates but was also for fighting for freedom from the great reset ever taking hold in Canada. The alternative media talks about this all the time. No one is now safe from this Emergency Act to come after them. Say anything that comrade Trudeau does not like and it could be the gulag for you. Our Charter of Rights and Freedoms and our Canadian Constitution mean nothing to tyrant like Trudeau. He probably wipes his arse with a piece of the charter  every day. Just my opinion of course. ?