Trucker's Convoy

West

56 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

What's the controversy exactly ?

This is exactly the same kind of naivite that led to bad, bad things before and will again because its two plus two but hey, we never learn here. Who "trusts", the employees, their boss? A colourful wrapper isn't the same as a candy, just try to taste.

4 minutes ago, myata said:

This is exactly the same kind of naivite that led to bad, bad things before and will again because its two plus two but hey, we never learn here. Who "trusts", the employees, their boss? A colourful wrapper isn't the same as a candy, just try to taste.

You are saying it leads to bad bad things... but 'what' ?

The PM leads the government... lack of trust means lack of confidence, hence a non-confidence vote brings down the 'government' right ?

Can you describe your concerns in more parliamentary language than general so we can understand better ?

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

You are saying it leads to bad bad things... but 'what' ?

1. What: any sort of government without effective, constant and ongoing checks and controls by the society.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

lack of trust means lack of confidence, hence a non-confidence vote brings down the 'government' right

2. In a real functional democracy it may. In a painted imitation of employees run behind a thin curtain by all-powerful managers it means... no, not even little just: nothing. A wrapper is not the candy, just not the same thing and the purpose is different too.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Can you describe your concerns in more parliamentary language than general so we can understand better

3. Society has no control over all-powerful governments and the political system serves only as a thin cover of this reality for decades now. If it worked in the 18th century is not a guarantee for the 21st. Dinosaurs learned it the hard way.

6 minutes ago, myata said:

1. What: any sort of government without effective, constant and ongoing checks and controls by the society.

2. In a real functional democracy it may. In a painted imitation of employees run behind a thin curtain by all-powerful managers it means... no, not even little just: nothing. A wrapper is not the candy, just not the same thing and the purpose is different too.

3. Society has no control over all-powerful governments and the political system serves only as a thin cover of this reality for decades now. If it worked in the 18th century is not a guarantee for the 21st. Dinosaurs learned it the hard way.

1. 2. Ok - so I see your point but this is a side-discussion about how parliament works, nothing that the PM said here.
3. 'No' control is hyperbole.  Lots of examples of people shooting down 'the agenda' such as Brexit...

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Randy Hillier - psycho criminal anarchist and Member of Parliament - apparently deleted this Tweet.  

Trying to confirm - anybody have more on this ?

Please don’t use inflammatory language like “psycho criminal anarchist”.  There are too many real concerns at play.  

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. Parliamentary system - pretty close

I don't think it is. The tradition of parliamentary independence, free thought and independent act, conventions and traditions, the history are not contained in a dry copy. A wrapper is not the candy. You can try to convince yourself otherwise all you want but the taste tells instantly.

Edited by myata

So the government enacted permanent spying on your personal bank account for the crimes of wrongspeak. 

If I hear any lefty cry the next time a conservative government freezes the assets of unions on strike, "racial justice" protest organizers, etc this will be the justification I will use. 

1 minute ago, West said:

So the government enacted permanent spying on your personal bank account for the crimes of wrongspeak. 

The wrong is a government out of controls, any government that is out of the control by the society, not only Liberal ones. If this experience wouldn't convince us, I'm pretty sure nothing will.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, West said:

If I hear any lefty cry the next time a conservative government freezes the assets of unions on strike, "racial justice" protest organizers, etc this will be the justification I will use. 

Well the point is that none of this invasion of privacy, suppression of expression and opposition, and horrible arbitrary unconstitutional punishment for state-defined new “crime” should ever be allowed in a real democracy.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Please don’t use inflammatory language like “psycho criminal anarchist”.  There are too many real concerns at play.  

Frankfurt School postmodern Neomarxists

they believe that "words are violence"

this is their method of making war

this is rubric that they have officially invoked as the justification for indefinite martial law

the have put it in writing now, in the official record

what is the "emergency" they claim ?

the truckers used "inflammatory rhetoric"

therefore the protests are "violent"

you are back against the wall now

so let them come, let them throw gasoline on the fire they have made

it will be their undoing in the end, burning themselves down in this fire of their own making

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well the point is that none of this invasion of privacy, suppression of expression and opposition, and horrible arbitrary unconstitutional punishment for state-defined new “crime” should ever be allowed in a real democracy.  

I'm all for retaliation. Form a true conservative government, declare the ndp and liberals a terrorist organization, get ahold of their membership list and lock down their bank accounts. 

1 minute ago, West said:

I'm all for retaliation. Form a true conservative government, declare the ndp and liberals a terrorist organization, get ahold of their membership list and lock down their bank accounts. 

no, do not succumb to that

stay on the side of right

stay in the light

do not succumb to rage

stand your ground

but be a happy warrior

we will prevail in the end

patience

Trudeau announcing that the EMA vote was actually a no confidence vote was dirty pool.

I think there is more dissent in the Liberal party than we know.  Don't know about the NDP.

A no-confidence vote would have triggered an election and both the Libs and NDP know they are at the bottom of the stack right now and they weren't willing to lose their positions by dissenting from the party line and losing their tight grip of control over Canadians.

If we ever do have another election (I don't think we will, I believe Trudeau will keep this "emergency" going for the full 5 years he is able to) I hope the Libs and NDP parties are voted out of existence.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Trudeau announcing that the EMA vote was actually a no confidence vote was dirty pool.

I think there is more dissent in the Liberal party than we know.  Don't know about the NDP.

A no-confidence vote would have triggered an election and both the Libs and NDP know they are at the bottom of the stack right now and they weren't willing to lose their positions by dissenting from the party line and losing their tight grip of control over Canadians.

If we ever do have another election (I don't think we will, I believe Trudeau will keep this "emergency" going for the full 5 years he is able to) I hope the Libs and NDP parties are voted out of existence.

It's excellent leverage. And a way to get legislation through in a Minority parliament.