Trucker's Convoy

West

9 minutes ago, taxesanddeath said:

That is why I am against passing EMA.  EMA should only be the gov't doomsday kit. It can only be gov't last resort, not use it for convenience. It is because EMA has many many many uncontrollable elements (trust me on this, after watching 8964 and the Anti-Extradition Law Amendment Bill Movement ). In fact, they have other options.

It is for actual national emergencies, not to temporarily protect the economy.

Massive overreach of power.

And there's no way Trudeau's gonna give it up now.

21 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It is for actual national emergencies, not to temporarily protect the economy.

Massive overreach of power.

And there's no way Trudeau's gonna give it up now.

Well he had a much bigger emergency with COVID the last 2 years and Trudeau never invoked any Emergency powers.  Took 3 weeks to do it with truckers.

Indigienous peoples blocked railway lines, highways, and border crossings in 2020 FOR OVER 2 MONTHS to protest the BC gaslink pipelines that caused VIA Rail to lay off thousands of employees but Trudeau never invoked the Emergencies Act.  He met with the leaders and signed an agreement of understanding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2020_Canadian_pipeline_and_railway_protests

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Well he had a much bigger emergency with COVID the last 2 years and Trudeau never invoked any Emergency powers.  Took 3 weeks to do it with truckers.

Indigienous peoples blocked railway lines, highways, and border crossings in 2020 FOR OVER 2 MONTHS to protest the BC gaslink pipelines that caused VIA Rail to lay off thousands of employees but Trudeau never invoked the Emergencies Act.  He met with the leaders and signed an agreement of understanding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2020_Canadian_pipeline_and_railway_protests

As we can see under the new laws that we must abide, protests by certain groups are flat-out illegal. Other groups can. So we know being fair and just has nothing to do with this. 

The Middle Class is a burden...remember. All those things you want and places you want to visit. Think of climate change!

• Like 1

Even as far as police getting involved, there've been way more violent affairs in other places, I'm sure. But it was the application of extreme force on normal Canadians not fighting back which was the shocker. The world saw it and gasped. But you might notice there have been little in the way of condemnations from the so-called world leaders...or the UN Human Rights Commission...so upset about so many rights abuses. The Pope? Anybody? 

Edited by DogOnPorch

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Can anyone find any MSM outlet that has covered this police abuse from Ottawa yesterday?  This cop should be fired:

What's the problem it's their state now. Forget dancing beavers muzak has changed.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

There will be nothing normal in Canada. Not any time soon and not in the visible future. A classic case of baby with the water and solutions that annihilate people with the problem. Stalin and Mao would be proud, full ahead comrades. But too bad Canada this is the way the system works and you can't have any other.

Edited by myata

1 minute ago, myata said:

There will be nothing normal in Canada. Not any time soon and not in the visible future.

There's still a lot in play. The people...while somewhat incredulous about the whole thing at first, simply will not stand it and will revolt. While Justin can stamp out a relatively small affair in Ottawa, a nationwide uprising is now in the works as the politicians have clearly failed them. Calgary today is an early example of this. The Bloc Quebecois also see the writing on the wall. As do other interests. 

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

There's still a lot in play. The people...while somewhat incredulous about the whole thing at first, simply will not stand it and will revolt.

Or they won't, because they're happy to see the protests end.  

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

While Justin can stamp out a relatively small affair in Ottawa, a nationwide uprising is now in the works as the politicians have clearly failed them.

Uh huh...Let's revisit this quote in 6 months and see how far along we are on this "nationwide uprising".  I think I remember hearing something like this from the qAnon brain-trust - the Coming Storm or something... ?

Just now, Moonbox said:

Or they won't, because they're happy to see the protests end.  

Uh huh...Let's revisit this quote in 6 months and see how far along we are on this "nationwide uprising".  I think I remember hearing something like this from the qAnon brain-trust - the Coming Storm or something... ?

Most Canadians were not affected by protests. They will be affected by martial law, though...a lot.

I have faith in the power of the people...oddly enough.

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I have faith that the intelligence of the average Canadian is high enough to understand we're not under martial law.  

What are you going to do? Send in the troops on every Canadian to explain that to them with a club? Seems that would just be a further confirmation of the fears running rampant tonight in our country.

15 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Most Canadians were not affected by protests. They will be affected by martial law, though...a lot.

I have faith in the power of the people...oddly enough.

How many people understand the EMA will affect them? Most of them believe this law will not affect them. By the time they feel the heat, it will be too late for them to react.

ANyway, something for the comic relief.?

29 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Calgary today is an early example of this. The Bloc Quebecois also see the writing on the wall. As do other interests. 

The country can disintegrate. But I don't see it coming together for a democratic renewal, a complete overhaul and reengineering of the political system. And short of that, there's no way forward.

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Even as far as police getting involved, there've been way more violent affairs in other places, I'm sure. But it was the application of extreme force on normal Canadians not fighting back which was the shocker. The world saw it and gasped. But you might notice there have been little in the way of condemnations from the so-called world leaders...or the UN Human Rights Commission...so upset about so many rights abuses. The Pope? Anybody? 

That’s exactly right.  It feels like Canada is the beta test for a coming world oppression.  That’s why I’ve been saying we need to throw all support behind the most liberating forces and not be afraid to speak out against injustice and tyranny.  The Republicans and an increasing number of Democrats are seeing the oppression unfold in Canada and wondering how this is possible in an allied western democracy.

Putin is drawing a line in the sand against Ukraine joining NATO because it would be akin to Canada joining China.  Oh wait…

At the end of the Cold War Russia should’ve been welcomed inside NATO or the nature of it should’ve changed.   Well where is NATO now that Canada is under foreign attack?   Why isn’t Article 5 being enacted by the U.S.?  The world can see that the government is oppressing its own people.  Musk, Putin, Trump, and some Canadian intellectuals (Peterson and Murphy for example) saw this coming.  This is literally the battle for democracy.  This is the battle against totalitarian capitalism and digital surveillance capitalism.  It’s not even going to be capitalism.  The World Economic Forum slogan is, “You will own nothing and you will be happy.”

This is a war on humanity.  The so called climate change “crisis” is the excuse for extinguishing humanity through carbon taxes, high energy costs, and hyperinflation of goods to reduce our “carbon footprint.”   Humanity is a carbon footprint.

We’re at grave risk (Musk knows this) of being enslaved by the algorithms we’re creating to measure our public health and environment.  Social credit is the digital totalitarian squeeze underway.  Freeland said “Follow the money” because she knows that material need and the threat of enslavement, including financial, is the stick to beat humanity into submission under this horrific 2030 plan.  “You will own nothing and you will be happy.”   Ukraine may be a false flag for the totalitarian takeover of Canada.  I think all arrows point in this direction.  That’s the real and present danger.  I’m not sure where the situation in Ukraine is going or its significance.  They’re basically Russians in many ways.  It has more Russian areas in the East that Moscow is trying to make or declare independent.

All I know is oppression of some is oppression of all.  We must support freedom everywhere and stop tyranny.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, taxesanddeath said:

How many people understand the EMA will affect them? Most of them believe this law will not affect them. By the time they feel the heat, it will be too late for them to react.

ANyway, something for the comic relief.?

Honk Honk is just a meme that went viral showing a Canada Goose taking a crap in the back of a cop's car as if under arrest. The picture isn't from the protest (US cop). 

Honk Honk = F*** Trudeau

11 minutes ago, myata said:

The country can disintegrate. But I don't see it coming together for a democratic renewal, a complete overhaul and reengineering of the political system. And short of that, there's no way forward.

It's basically a collection of shaky provinces atm. Your results may vary depending where you live. 

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Your results may vary depending where you live. 

Maybe that would be the way for the renewal to happen. Detach then build bottom up. It hasn't been working top down, in a country of unprecedented potential and natural wealth for well over a century. Maybe the time to wrap the experiment.