Trucker's Convoy

West

On 2/15/2022 at 2:11 PM, Nexii said:

A government can be quite far left/right and still be good for the people. Today there's way too much focus on wedge issues instead of looking at efficiency, corruption, and equality as metrics of good government. Scandinavian countries as noted on the left. I'd say on the right South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan all did it correctly to become developed. 

Canada used to have a pretty good balance although we've always been stifled by inefficiencies, too many monopolies, too much protectionism. It's going to make it all the harder to come out of this. Inflation is just starting.

As I understand it, South Korea is effectively an oligarchy that has quite a bit of corruption by western standards and much of the economy is owned or controlled by a cabal of uber-rich families that hold a lot of political power. 

10 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

As I understand it, South Korea is effectively an oligarchy that has quite a bit of corruption by western standards and much of the economy is owned or controlled by a cabal of uber-rich families that hold a lot of political power. 

Much of SE Asia has stagnated in recent years, it wouldn't surprise me. Was referring more to how those countries rapidly went from from being extremely poor and undeveloped to developed. 

A recent very disturbing video. Three of protesters interviewed at the beginning. One saying he prefers to go home dead rather, second claiming there will be a civil war in Canada and third saying tht he will become a terrorist (I guess he meant attacking Canada and Canadians not Jamaicans) unless he gets his way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6hMMkNbNw4

My comments -

1 - It proves government's position that these protesters are very radical (at least some are) not just ordinary families exercising their rights.

2 - Nobody has to go back home in a box. This is ridiculous. End the occupation and let the elected government work in a democratic manner.

3 - The fact that someone coming on national TV threatening the government, the county and the nation with civil war and terrorism unless their way is granted (mob's dictatorship) is very unfortunate and the fact that they get away with such public threats in fact proves that we do have a democracy. I dare these people to say the same things in China, Russia, Iran. They will be shot the next day.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, blackbird said:

...A security expert says there are far right anarchists around which the government has to be prepared to deal with.  How did Canada get to this situation?

There have always been anarchists and anti-government groups in Canada.  How was Canada prepared before ?

If you are OK with martial law and even more suspension of Charter rights then that is your position, but it does not apply to all Canadians.

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I watched the Conservative MPs speaking in the Parliament and I was disgusted by them.

Their words are marshmallows of hate, bouncing off of golden boy's glistening granite pectorals. 

They wanted to have it both ways. On one hand they accuse Trudeau of inaction

They expected our dear leader to grace the smelly peasant horde with his glorious presence. HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! The great one shall not debase himself by allowing the words of unwashed truckers to assail his perfect ears.

and on the other hand they attack him for state of emergency.

OMG, could you be any more right?

Why should The Exalted One talk to the godless minions when he can just smite them with divine might and drive them to economic ruin and incarceration? 

Conservatives are doing ?'s  work!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

A recent very disturbing video. Three of protesters interviewed at the beginning. One saying he prefers to go home dead rather, second claiming there will be a civil war in Canada and third saying tht he will become a terrorist (I guess he meant attacking Canada and Canadians) unless he gets his way.

My comments -

1 - It proves government's position that these protesters are very radical (at least some are) not just ordinary families exercising their right.

1) For sure these 3 people that CBC interviewed represent all Freedom Convoy members.

Trudeau has done nothing but speak well of these people and he gave them more consideration than they deserve!

This is definitely not a case of planting people in the crowd and then interviewing them to cast the movement in a bad light. Lots of people want to be on camera saying that they're terrorists and that they want to start a civil war!

2 - Nobody has to go back home in a box. This is ridiculous. End the occupation and let the elected government work in a democratic manner.

2) Correction: THE MOST DEMOCRATIC MANNER EVER!

JFK, step aside. The new leader is bold, and slanders his peasants gloriously!

3 - The fact that someone coming on national RV threatening the government, the county and the nation with civil war and terrorism unless their way is granted (mob's dictatorship) is very unfortunate and the fact that they get away with such public threats in fact proves that we do have a democracy. I dare these people to say the same things in China, Russia, Iran. They will be shot the next day.

Great find Citizen! This is real news, for sure!

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You guys sure have your knickers in a knot. The over the top rhetoric just keeps getting more strident.

born & raised in Canada, it's been over fifty years now

this is the craziest most tyrannical thing I've ever seen done in Canada

bar none, it's not even close

I am just glad my father is not here to see this

Just now, Aristides said:

China would have cleared this bunch out before their engines cooled and we would still be looking for them.

Canada is still looking for them.   Having failed miserably in planning, intelligence gathering, law enforcement response, and policy...the government has now overreacted by declaring martial law for the entire country, doubling down on the incompetence.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

China must be laughing its ass off about now..."Please tell China about freedom and human rights thing again ?"

I just feel bad for these kids

growing up in a dystopia

they don't know what Canada was like before "Social Media"

actually free, could do pretty much whatever you wanted short of indictable offence

nobody bothered you

they literally live in George Orwell's 1984

but they don't know what you are talking about

because they have never read the book, most of them have never heard of it

and they will not listent to their elders, they think they know everything

bizarro world, and not in the Jerry Seinfeld sense

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada is still looking for them.   Having failed miserably in planning, intelligence gathering, law enforcement response, and policy...the government has now overreacted by declaring martial law for the entire country, doubling down on the incompetence.

The emergency act is quite specific in what it allows and it's actions are limited to 30 days. It can also be withdrawn by Parliament. It isn't martial law or anything close.

I do agree that the fact it is being used is a failure on government's part but expect that to be corrected in future. 

Edited by Aristides

Just now, Aristides said:

The emergency act is quite specific in what it allows and it's actions are limited to 30 days. It can also be withdrawn by Parliament. It isn't martial law or anything close.

Oh, so its a good thing, right ?   It's only 30 days of officially specific tyranny....that makes it so much better !

"Peace, Order, and Good Government" at any cost...including the loss of Canadian freedoms.  

..."It's only for 30 days !!! "

https://web.archive.org/web/20220210182132/https://aflds.org/news/post/psychiatrist-bans-child-masking-and-all-forms-of-child-abuse-in-his-practice/

I will no longer accept your ill-informed, foolish, immature rationalizations for the ongoing abuse of your children.......Unfortunately in my adult patient population, many have developed a fear addiction.  I STRONGLY encourage them to remove facemasks whenever possible.....as a necessary step in overcoming this fear addiction.

This is what I see from ones like blackbird, aristedes, dialamah, citizen, MH, et al........a fear addiction.

There is no asymptomatic spread, people.

Look it up.