Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.

Macleans puts it right, when saying it's time to stop arguing with toddlers, to stop waving carrots and bring out the stick.

There is an inevitable moment, familiar to all parents and babysitters, when you realize that reasoning with a toddler will only get you so far. Soothing tones and patience may work for a while, but eventually the child once again picks up their bowl, looks you straight in the eye, and slowly pours their cereal onto the floor.

Canada has arrived at this moment, and the toddlers in question are the approximately 20 per cent of Canadians who have yet to get even one dose of a vaccine. 

Who are these people? The University of Sydney conducted a study of the unvaccinated in  Australia, Canada, the U.K. and the U.S. It found that, in comparison to the population at large, these people tended to have “less agreeable personalities”, be less cooperative with others, more selfish, and more extroverted. (In the vernacular, the term is “assholes”.) 

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/vaccinations-no-more-carrot-bring-out-the-stick/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

As to the idea that the powers that be want more mandates and more power.? Yeah...and who on this thread has denied that's happening? So those in power want more power. What else is new?

Walk me through this more power comment, If Justin wanted absolute power all he would have to do was declare it a national emergence and invoke the Canada emergence act giving him the power to do what basically  he wants to really...So how did we get to this is nothing more than a power grab. 

2 hours ago, Shady said:

The UK is already past it’s delta peak.  Lots of cases, not very many deaths.

COVID-19: UK records another 138 coronavirus deaths - the highest daily total since 17 March

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-records-another-138-coronavirus-deaths-the-highest-daily-total-since-17-march-12371825

31 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Walk me through this more power comment, If Justin wanted absolute power all he would have to do was declare it a national emergence and invoke the Canada emergence act giving him the power to do what basically  he wants to really...So how did we get to this is nothing more than a power grab. 

Ah, but you don't take into account Justin's incredible subtlety! He knows the real way to take absolute power is to... make people wear masks...

That'll do it! 

This should have been done already. And that includes those working in long term care homes.

The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) and the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) are jointly calling for COVID-19 vaccinations to be made mandatory for health-care workers.

The two organizations today joined a growing number of calls to make vaccines a mandatory condition of employment in the health care sector.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cma-cna-mandatory-vaccines-1.6128140

12 hours ago, Argus said:

So you think people shouldn't have to get their kids vaccinated for measles, mumps, chicken pox and the like before they go to school?

Kids are not at risk for covid

and they don't transmit it much either

the covid vaccine should not be mandatory for them to attend school

demanding they should is not only being a panic monkey but totally anti-science

it's not about science with you though, it's about everyone behaving the way you want them to, and you want public schools to be leveraged to push them into behaving that way

totalitarian freedom hating is a helluva drug

Edited by Yzermandius19

18 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Apples and oranges, one is the results of a tragic mistake, most likely avoidable. The other is a virus, that is mutating fairly quickly and will continue to do so.  So there is a trust issue over numbers, lets forget about numbers for one second, and ask Why are they lying about the numbers ? What is it they hope to gain by imposing all these lock down measures ? stories out of India are false ?  Having nations spent trillions of dollars to fight a virus, and spending more than any vaccine would hope to generate in sales does not make sense, at all. 

It goes further back than numbers.

Why are the spokespeople for covid the same ones who funded gain of function research? Why does the media let Fauci squirm out of whether or not he ok'd funding for that? Why did the Dems and Libs and the MSM lie about almost everything covid-related? How is it possible that the people who did everything wrong are still the ones who get to do all the talking?

Leftists governments exist because a lot of people want to be taken care of by the government. Covid made the gov't our daddy. It's a leftist dream come true.  

Fair enough, but in the end it was covid that pushed them over the edge, had they all died of a gun shot wound to the head, the Cause of death would read "gun shot to the head", not heart problems, or any other medical issue. 

If you're bleeding out from a gunshot wound to the head and then you sneeze right before you die, did you die because some pepper got in your nose? No.

In the end I don't think that it was covid that pushed a lot of those 600K people 99 yeards down the field, it was just present at the one yard line, or maybe not even then. Maybe they just had the normal seasonal flu when they died (weird that no one got that in 2020 - how is that a thing?  Millions of people a year got the seasonal flu for the past century, then in 2020, the flu took a whole year off and infected only 10,000 people...), or maybe they were just coughing because they were so unhealthy at that point. Then their sleazy Dr just wrote down covid at the time of death to suit their political agenda.

There were a lot of Dr Fords out there who lie and do any sleazy thing that they could to bring down Trump, and we know that's true because Dr Ford still has the full respect of almost every liberal in North America. If only 1/3 of the people who died of the things I mentioned got shuffled into the covid category, that's almost 600,000 people. 

Think about it - roughly half of all the Drs in the US would be Dem voters. Almost every one of them is smart enough to know that a rape accusation without a year, a location, a single witness or even a person who heard her talk about it in the past 30+ years is not a credible accusation at all. They also know that she lied about certain aspects of her debacle. Yet she still has their full support. How hard would it be for a scumbag who still believes Dr Ford to just put an X in the right box to help make Trump look bad? In the end it's just a medical opinion anyways. If people in the medical profession can get away with 250,000-440,000 "medical mistakes causing death" then for sure they can get away with checking the wrong box a few times in one year. 

I have no doubt in my mind that those unvaccinated portion of population are causing the pandemic to drag on, continued sickness and death of innocent bystanders who have no choice but to go to work, to malls and grocery and continued downward economy and loss of jobs. Therefore I am doing my part to force them make the right decision and get vaccinated. I will ask and will boycott the services of any individual or any business like my barber, bank, auto mechanic, clinic, restaurant, bar...etc. whose any of its employees have refused vaccination. I suggest we wise people (80% of population) all do this. If you are a business owner, refuse to hire or continue the employment of those unvaccinated as they pose a threat to you, your business and your customers.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I have no doubt in my mind that those unvaccinated portion of population are causing the pandemic to drag on, continued sickness and death of innocent bystanders

I wish it would go away, and the vaccine was a magic silver bullet but alas. It seems the vaccine is not. The vaccine is not.

Have you herd what is going on in Israel? Were they not touted a while ago as the ideal and model nation, with the highest level of vaccine compliance?

Well look at them now. They went and shut themselves down again. Numbers on the rise, not lowering, not even staying constant.

So. Mandatory vaccines will help us, you say? Not if they dont work.

Folks who took the shot, took the risk they bought the song and dance sales show. Me? No thanks. I know a buncha used-car salesmen when I see ‘em.

22 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I wish it would go away, and the vaccine was a magic silver bullet but alas. It seems the vaccine is not. The vaccine is not.

Have you herd what is going on in Israel? Were they not touted a while ago as the ideal and model nation, with the highest level of vaccine compliance?

Well look at them now. They went and shut themselves down again. Numbers on the rise, not lowering, not even staying constant.

So. Mandatory vaccines will help us, you say? Not if they dont work.

Folks who took the shot, took the risk they bought the song and dance sales show. Me? No thanks. I know a buncha used-car salesmen when I see ‘em.

You brought up a good example which is Israel. As seen in the diagrams in the link attached only about 62% of Israel's population is fully vaccinated which is even 10% lower than Canada (so there are many ignorant or selfish people in Israel too causing deaths and sickness to the rest of population AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY YOU NOW SEE RISING COVID CASES BECAUSE OF THOSE SELFISH SEGMENT OF ISRAEL'S POPULATION).  BUT IN SPITE OF THAT AS SHOWN IN ATTACHED LINK EVEN WITH SIGNIFICANTLY RISING CASES, THE DEATH NUMBERS ARE SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER COMPARED TO BEFORE VACCINATION.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/israel/

This map indicates the level of vaccinations in every country. You will see that Israel is among the highest level in the world. It is in fact quite comparable to Canada in that regard.

Yet the record speaks for itself. Despite good levels of vaccination, result looks the same. Shut it down shut it all down.

34 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

BUT IN SPITE OF THAT AS SHOWN IN ATTACHED LINK EVEN WITH SIGNIFICANTLY RISING CASES, THE DEATH NUMBERS ARE SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER COMPARED TO BEFORE VACCINATION.

That is what we have seen in many places so far. No big rise in number of deaths, and not many hospitalizations. Yet the media keeps shouting in all capitals that we are in danger. Grave danger!

It should also be noted that the numbers in Canada right now are almost the same as they were last summer. Everything was open then exactly as it now, until the fall when the infection numbers rose back again. During that whole time there was no vaccine. So this fall will tell us what benefits we have attained by this mass-inoculation science experiment.

Why else do you think they are even considering a third booster.

Another round of Russian roulette, anyone?

9 hours ago, Shady said:

Covid is absolutely a gift to authoritarians.

5B449BA9-9ACF-4503-B48C-68A856BF9364.jpeg

Well, you must love authoritarians, then because once everyone gets vaccinated covid goes away. And clearly you don't want that to happen.

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I have no doubt in my mind that those unvaccinated portion of population are causing the pandemic to drag on, continued sickness and death of innocent bystanders who have no choice but to go to work, to malls and grocery and continued downward economy and loss of jobs. Therefore I am doing my part to force them make the right decision and get vaccinated.

I have no doubt that a large percentage of the population is going to believe everything that they see on TV, even when almost everything that they've seen in the past was such blatant bullshit.

I will ask and will boycott the services of any individual or any business like my barber, bank, auto mechanic, clinic, restaurant, bar...etc. whose any of its employees have refused vaccination. I suggest we wise people (80% of population) all do this. If you are a business owner, refuse to hire or continue the employment of those unvaccinated as they pose a threat to you, your business and your customers.

Cancel culture Karens UNITE!

19 hours ago, Argus said:

Macleans puts it right, when saying it's time to stop arguing with toddlers, to stop waving carrots and bring out the stick.

There is an inevitable moment, familiar to all parents and babysitters, when you realize that reasoning with a toddler will only get you so far. Soothing tones and patience may work for a while, but eventually the child once again picks up their bowl, looks you straight in the eye, and slowly pours their cereal onto the floor.

Canada has arrived at this moment, and the toddlers in question are the approximately 20 per cent of Canadians who have yet to get even one dose of a vaccine. 

Who are these people? The University of Sydney conducted a study of the unvaccinated in  Australia, Canada, the U.K. and the U.S. It found that, in comparison to the population at large, these people tended to have “less agreeable personalities”, be less cooperative with others, more selfish, and more extroverted. (In the vernacular, the term is “assholes”.) 

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/vaccinations-no-more-carrot-bring-out-the-stick/

And just like that, when faced with a virus that has a 99.98% survival rate, the people who said that there would never be mandatory quarantines or vaccination passports admitted that they had succumbed to the constant messaging [aka propaganda] of the state broadcasters, and they demanded that their fellow citizens have their rights stripped away from them.

18 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

And just like that, when faced with a virus that has a 99.98% survival rate, the people who said that there would never be mandatory quarantines or vaccination passports admitted that they had succumbed to the constant messaging [aka propaganda] of the state broadcasters, and they demanded that their fellow citizens have their rights stripped away from them.

I never said a thing about opposing mandatory quarantines or passports. Ever.

Also

As of July 22, 2021, a total of 1,425,097 confirmed cases caused by the novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) and 26,526 deaths were reported in Canada. 

If the survival rate was 99.98% we'd have had 285 deaths, not over 26,000.  The survival rate is more like 98%

Edited by Argus

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Well, you must love authoritarians, then because once everyone gets vaccinated covid goes away. And clearly you don't want that to happen.

?

Clearly you have no idea how this whole mandatory covid vaccination story is going to play out.

3/4 of the people who were infected by the Delta variant in Massachusetts were fully vaxxed. How long 'til they need to be re-vaxxed? 

In the face of a virus with a 99.98% survivability rate you're knuckling under to total government control. "Protect us Justin!  Save us CBC! We trust you!"

1 minute ago, Argus said:

I never said a thing about opposing mandatory quarantines or passports. Ever.

How do you feel about living in a country where you can be forced to take a test to see if you're infected with a virus that has a 99.98% survivability rate, even though you've got no symptoms, and then when you're "found to be positive" you can be put into a quarantine where the majority of the population expects you to die from said virus [even though it has the 99.98% survivability rate...]?

Chairman Mao is rolling over in his grave right now saying: "OMG WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?"

27 minutes ago, RedDog said:

I’ve reached a point whereby I don’t want unvaccinated people around me. By and large I expect they’re people I didn’t want around me before either.

I reached the point long ago where I don't want to be around people who gobble up blatantly idiotic propaganda like it's the cure for cancer. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

How do you feel about living in a country where you can be forced to take a test to see if you're infected with a virus that has a 99.98% survivability rate, even though you've got no symptoms, and then when you're "found to be positive" you can be put into a quarantine where the majority of the population expects you to die from said virus [even though it has the 99.98% survivability rate...]?

Chairman Mao is rolling over in his grave right now saying: "OMG WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?"

Still pulling that 99.98% number out of your ass I see.

20 hours ago, Argus said:

Be careful what you wish for. As political tides change, so will you be an eventual target to the same things you supported for others. The way you're punching down on those who do not get the vaccine is absolutely incompatible with living in a functioning, democratic society. 

Taking away the rights of your peers will just legitimate the same things against you in the future, for the exact same reasons, with another purpose.  

Incredible a guy with 50k posts online would advocate for more restrictions on personal freedoms; at one point, if there is a dictatorial coup or an uptick in authoritarianism which you advocate for, you have a chance of being scrutinized for just a thought you had 10 years ago on this forum. 

In Australia, you can get a hefty fine, just for Facebook posts questioning the pandemic, or calling for protests; 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/facebook-post-lockdown-protest-11000-fine-080358345.html

Canada, being culturally close to Australia, could get into these kinds of policies. 

In Australia, they're doing it 'temporarily' to prevent COVID spreads they say. Just like income tax was supposed to be temporary back then. Imagine they use the same excuse 'to protect the public' and now the State intervenes against hate speech on a broader scale... well, it could very much happen.

And you would be targeted. And you would deserve it, since you promoted the same to your counterparts who you deem inferior.

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

In the face of a virus with a 99.98% survivability rate you're knuckling under to total government control. "Protect us Justin!  Save us CBC! We trust you!"

That's not the survival rate. and I still don't see how Trudeau benefits from people getting vaccinated. 

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Be careful what you wish for. As political tides change, so will you be an eventual target to the same things you supported for others. The way you're punching down on those who do not get the vaccine is absolutely incompatible with living in a functioning, democratic society. 

Oh quit the hysteria. Its just a vaccine. I get one every year for the flu.