Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Governments brainwashed legions of useful idiots like you to help them force vaccine passports upon people who are not at risk from covid and who don't want to take experimental MRNA vaccines which sometimes kill people or cause grievous bodily harm. 

Talk to the hand, crazy man.

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

Again, this sounds EXACTLY like the truthers. "I'm giving you science!" they shout, even though their 'science' is cobbled together nonsense unsupported by more than a few cranks.

The "science" of truthers comes from every shred of covid data ever gathered. They're a weird lot, to be sure.

24 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You obviously have no clue what "cherry-picking stats" means.

I used world-o-meter, which uses every shred of data available from this planet. FYI that's the exact opposite of cherry-picking Aristedes. Stop using words when you don't know what they mean. 

In any event, you're sitting there with a computer, and this thread is about "getting vaccinated in Canada" so obviously you're in the developed countries that we're talking about.  Like I said before, stats are not your friend.

LMAO, you just talked about cherry-picking stats and then you trot out this, which is 1) cherry-picked 2) a much smaller sample size and 3) anecdotal. 

You're way out of your depth here Aristedes. 

I use Worldometer as well and none of what you maintain is there. Worldometer uses actual data, not opinionated projections.

Just now, Argus said:

Talk to the hand, crazy man.

Maybe you should ask yourself this before you post:

Am I contributing in a meaningful way to the discussion, or resorting to childish insults because the propaganda I saw on TV last night doesn't stand up to the arguments put forth by people who use stats, and think for themselves? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Governments brainwashed legions of useful idiots like you to help them force vaccine passports upon people who are not at risk from covid and who don't want to take experimental MRNA vaccines which sometimes kill people or cause grievous bodily harm. 

mRNA vaccines are a miracle which are revolutionizing vaccines. As well as Covid they are making possible the first truly effective malaria vaccine, a disease that kills over 400,000 a year. Instead of having to guess over six months ahead which strains will be prevalent in order to produce a flu vaccine, they will be able to tailor one to the actual prevalent strains because the vaccines can be changed and produced so quickly. Look for consistent 80% effective flu vaccines in future instead of anywhere from 20% to 60% depending on how much they guessed right six months before.

26 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I use Worldometer as well

Looking at stats and interpreting them intelligently are two different things. 

Judging by your recent posts, you interpret stats like Tide Pod-eaters follow instructions. 

and none of what you maintain is there. Worldometer uses actual data, not opinionated projections.

There's nothing opinionated about stating that "case mortality rates" isn't the same as "your chance of dying if you get this disease".  If you just used google then you'd know that I am correct. CMR is simply a measure of how many people died vs the number of confirmed cases that had final outcomes, nothing more. It falls well short of actually stating your chances of surviving covid, period. 

For you to think that "every single person who had covid was included in that stat" is just sadly and horribly wrong. For you to think that "lots of people who are so sick that they think they're gonna die don't go see a Dr" is equally laughable. 

I can't explain any of this to you, you won't even do a .0001 second google search to help yourself understand these basic things.

It's just over your head dude, you're just digging yourself deeper every time you post. 

Edited by WestCanMan
added 'confirmed'

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

mRNA vaccines are a miracle which are revolutionizing vaccines.

... still experimental. 

Aside from the emergency-use-only approval granted for C19, no mRNA vaccines have ever gotten FDA approval.

Can you name a vaccine that wasn't hyped up to be super-exciting? The swine flu vaccine of just a few decades ago had horrible, permanent, life-altering side effects. Thalidomide created tens of thousands of malformed babies. Common medications for all kinds of things like acid reflux are now known to cause cancer and a whole host of other issues.

Thousands of people have died within 3 days of getting vaxxed for covid, many more had extremely bad side-effects, and 3/4 of the people who were found to be infected with Covid in a large, recent Massachusetts study were already vaccinated. 

You're waving the pom-poms for something that you have no useful knowledge of. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Looking at stats and interpreting them intelligently are two different things. 

Judging by your recent posts, you interpret stats like Tide Pod-eaters follow instructions. 

There's nothing opinionated about stating that "case mortality rates" isn't the same as "your chance of dying if you get this disease".  If you just used google then you'd know that I am correct. CMR is simply a measure of how many people died vs the number of cases that had final outcomes, nothing more. It falls well short of actually stating your chances of surviving covid, period. 

For you to think that "every single person who had covid was included in that stat" is just sadly and horribly wrong. For you to think that "lots of people who are so sick that they think they're gonna die don't go see a Dr" is equally laughable. 

I can't explain any of this to you, you won't even do a .0001 second google search to help yourself understand these basic things.

It's just over your head dude, you're just digging yourself deeper every time you post. 

World o meter doesn't take into age or co-morbidities, your individual chances of dying or theorize on how many people might have had it. That is all conjecture on your part.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

... still experimental. 

Aside from the emergency-use-only approval granted for C19, no mRNA vaccines have ever gotten FDA approval.

Can you name a vaccine that wasn't hyped up to be super-exciting? The swine flu vaccine of just a few decades ago had horrible, permanent, life-altering side effects. Thalidomide created tens of thousands of malformed babies. Common medications for all kinds of things like acid reflux are now known to cause cancer and a whole host of other issues.

Thousands of people have died within 3 days of getting vaxxed for covid, many more had extremely bad side-effects, and 3/4 of the people who were found to be infected with Covid in a large, recent Massachusetts study were already vaccinated. 

You're waving the pom-poms for something that you have no useful knowledge of. 

Thousands have not died from Covid vaccines. Thats the problem with your BS. If someone died after having a vaccination it had to be the vaccine but if someone dies after being infected with Covid, it must have been something else. You change the parameters according to your bias.

Just now, Aristides said:

World o meter doesn't take into age or co-morbidities, your individual chances of dying or theorize on how many people might have had it. That is all conjecture on your part.

It's not conjecture at all Aristedes. I posted the links that showed covid deaths by age group. I posted a link that shows how many people are in each age group. What part of that is conjecture? What part, Aristedes? 

FFS man, you trying to win a debate about stats is like an ant trying to kick in the door to the Federal Reserve. 

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Thousands have not died from Covid vaccines. Thats the problem with your BS. If someone died after having a vaccination it had to be the vaccine but if someone dies after being infected with Covid, it must have been something else. You change the parameters according to your bias.

Within 3 days. 

I didn't say that "in every instance where people died of covid, something else was 100% to blame". I said that "in the majority of cases where people died with covid, they were already near death".

The average age of people who died with covid is pretty close to the average age of life expectancy. Have a look. Go learn something instead of bloviating and regurgitating idiotic propaganda. 

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

He's the picture of health. He looks like he could have competed in the 100M at the Olympics. J/K, he's old and fat. IE - he's right in the target demographic for C19. Do you have something intelligent to add or was that post just a waste of bandwidth? 

Can you imagine someone saying:

"It's hard to feel sorry for that woman whose kid was born without legs - she was pimping the experimental mRNA vaccines on social media and she doesn't even have a high school diploma".  

Seems pretty loser-ish, right? Well, that's exactly what you sound like. 

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Within 3 days. 

I didn't say that "in every instance where people died of covid, something else was 100% to blame". I said that "in the majority of cases where people died with covid, they were already near death".

The average age of people who died with covid is pretty close to the average age of life expectancy. Have a look. Go learn something instead of bloviating and regurgitating idiotic propaganda. 

How the hell do you know who is near death? Just because someone is older doesn't make them near death.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

He's the picture of health. He looks like he could have competed in the 100M at the Olympics. J/K, he's old and fat. IE - he's right in the target demographic for C19. Do you have something intelligent to add or was that post just a waste of bandwidth? 

Can you imagine someone saying:

Seems pretty loser-ish, right? Well, that's exactly what you sound like. 

So now 45 is old.

So now 56 with no underlying health conditions is old and fat.

"David Parker, 56, passed away at Darlington Memorial Hospital in County Durham on Monday despite having no underlying health conditions."

Edited by Aristides

On 7/31/2021 at 6:06 AM, OftenWrong said:

Also true for the unvaccinated.

And if we still need a mask, social distancing and other restrictions whether vaccinated or not... because covid... I see no reason for it myself. None at all. I’m totally unafraid of going it alone. 

Just me... and my immune system.

tophat_tophatwhitetieandtails_FC_470x264

The vaccinated have more to fear from taking an experimental gene therapy vaccine than the non vaccinated have to fear from getting covid. Those that took the covid shots are now only known as a bunch of guinea pig fools. They will pay for their stupidity and ignorance. The survival rate of those not vaccinated who do come into contact with covid have a very small chance of becoming sick or die. 

Those that allowed themselves to be conned into taking the covid jabs are your typical not so bright fools. 

Last year in America, there were approx 1.5 million Americans that got tuberculosis and died. Tuberculosis is a respiratory disease that can be passed on to others by droplets to another person. But did we see a covid like reaction like we saw with covid 19 where we were all forced to wear masks and practice social distancing? NOPE sir, we did not. 

And all of those people that supposedly died from covid, did they die from tuberculosis instead by chance and blamed it on the covid virus? Hey, we never know, eh? ?

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Again, this sounds EXACTLY like the truthers. "I'm giving you science!" they shout, even though their 'science' is cobbled together nonsense unsupported by more than a few cranks.

Let's check that out.

Because if it's true why do the guys who claim only their science matters keep turning out to be wrong.

The vaccine was supposed to fix the problem. It didn't. Your science is telling us we may need to go into lockdown again with mask mandates. Our science tells us that didn't work the first time and won't this time. The guys you follow tell us they're "following the science" and want to do lockdown Hell part 2. Our guys are telling us covid and its variants are here to stay. Use the vaccine to lessen symptoms if you like but learn to adapt to the new reality in general.

Skeptics wanted to investigate therapeutics. Your science kept telling us they didn't and wouldn't work even though all kinds of real scientific studies and real world evidence were telling us they would, did and do assist in healing the infected.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

It will be a real crime if we wind up with lockdowns to protect people who won't get vaccinated.

"Just watch them". With cases in single digits in many places, were there any changes to masking rules? Here. It has nothing to do with: facts, science, logic or even basic common sense. Just because.

Edited by myata

9 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

The vaccine was supposed to fix the problem. It didn't. 

As the vaccines became widely available Canada went from over 10,000 cases per day to under 1,000, most of whom are unvaccinated idiots. It went from 250 deaths per day to 11. 

9 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Your science is telling us we may need to go into lockdown again with mask mandates.

Because of faux American Trumptards and immigrants (mostly Black) who won't get vaccinated.

Edited by Argus

On 7/30/2021 at 6:20 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Science is backed up by data and the message is clear. Get vaccinated and save lives of others and yourself. This message is particularly important as the Delta dominated fourth wave is coming to Canada, Vaccines are doing a great job to protect you and your family, friends and neighbors as well as strangers you come across on a bus, in a shopping mall, theaters and groceries, SO DO TAKE THE VACCINE ASAP IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8073598/covid-coronavirus-vaccine-hesitant-hospital-deaths-modelling/

“The data show that 85 per cent of hospitalized COVID-19 cases were unvaccinated, with only 0.7 per cent of hospitalized cases occurring in fully vaccinated patients,” she said during the Friday press conference.

“The majority of cases, hospitalizations and fatal outcomes are occurring among unvaccinated people,” Tam said.

Compared to cases among those who have been fully vaccinated, unvaccinated Canadians are three times more likely to be hospitalized if they catch COVID-19. With the Delta variant ripping across the country, it’s more important than ever to try to get your jab, Tam said.

“We need more eligible people vaccinated,” she said.

Roughly 6.3 million Canadians still haven’t had a vaccine.

Last year in America alone there were approx 1.5 million Americans that died from tuberculosis, a transmittable disease, that affects the lungs. Tuberculosis can be passed on to others from TB droplets. 

So, why the no big deal about a disease like TB not being treated the same as covid 19? Why are we not being told or forced to wear masks and social distance? Tuberculosis was by far a worse disease to come into contact with than covid. With all of the viruses running around out there, we might as well wear masks forever and social distance and quarantine and hide in our homes forever. It's gawd dam dangerous out there. ?

41 minutes ago, Aristides said:

How the hell do you know who is near death? Just because someone is older doesn't make them near death.

When people are at the high end of life expectancy, and have 1 or more co-morbidities, they are absolutely "near death". 

You're trying to act like "a death is a death is a death" but that's not the case at all. 

Spanish Flu killed a lot of people in the healthiest demographics of all. 28 yr olds had a high mortality rate. Pregnant women had a high mortality rate. That's scary. 55M people died from it and the world had a much lower population. That's scary. 

You obviously have no clue about covid deaths so why don't you research it and get back to me? You should at least do the bare minimum to educate yourself on a topic before you run your mouth in such an opinionated fashion.

42 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So now 45 is old.

So now 56 with no underlying health conditions is old and fat.

"David Parker, 56, passed away at Darlington Memorial Hospital in County Durham on Monday despite having no underlying health conditions."

Why do think they had to mention "no underlying health conditions" in this instance? That's pretty odd, right? Unless having underlying health conditions is quite common among covid deaths.

Also, FYI, being a smoker, or smoking a lot of weed, isn't an "underlying health condition", but it reduces your chance of surviving a respiratory illness, don't ya think? So do certain occupations. Maybe he has mold in his house. There are a lot of reasons why anecdotes don't pass muster. 

Do you think that this is an example of an anecdote, Aristedes? 

I used stats from over 200M deaths and you had to trot out two anecdotes that are chock full of fear mongering. 

FYI there are also anecdotes about healthy people who died from the jab, and 17 yr-old athletes who got serious inflammation around the heart and were in excruciating pain from just breathing for two weeks. But the plural of anecdotes isn't stats so I don't generally throw those kinds of things around. 

49 minutes ago, Argus said:

How about this guy? He's one of yours, I think. He's a good RINO.

In early August, Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham announced that he tested positive for COVID-19 despite being fully vaccinated

How about these people?

Republican Florida Rep. Vern Buchanan announced that he tested positive for COVID-19 despite being fully vaccinated in late July. Later that month an aide for Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi tested positive for COVID-19 after meeting with the Texas Democrats who fled the state to hold up voting legislation. 

At least five members of the Democratic delegation tested positive for the virus, a person familiar told The Associated Press. All of them had been fully vaccinated.

Are you authorized to care about them?

18 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Skeptics wanted to investigate therapeutics. Your science kept telling us they didn't and wouldn't work even though all kinds of real scientific studies and real world evidence were telling us they would, did and do assist in healing the infected.

The MSM does two things - 1) pump up the hysteria about covid and 2) vilify anything or anyone who poses a threat to the "VAXX UBER ALLES" line of thought.

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

How about this guy? He's one of yours, I think. He's a good RINO.

How about these people?

Are you authorized to care about them?

You mean, the same Nancy Pelosi that creates all kinds of mask regulations for the entire population and then keeps getting busted for not following them herself? 

• Haha 1