Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.

It appears Canadians have lost their patience with the vaccine holdouts.

An overwhelming majority of Canadians want people who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 banned from gatherings in public places, a new poll has found – proof of this country’s solidarity in limiting the rights of those who refuse to be inoculated.

Seventy-eight per cent of respondents said they would support (59 per cent) or somewhat support (19 per cent) such a ban. Only 15 per cent opposed a ban, and 5 per cent were somewhat opposed. Two per cent were unsure.

There was no difference in support between men and women. Regionally, support ranged from 75 per cent in Atlantic Canada to 81 per cent in Ontario.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-poll-shows-majority-of-canadians-support-barring-unvaccinated-from/

36 minutes ago, Argus said:

An overwhelming majority of Canadians want people who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 banned from gatherings in public places, a new poll has found – proof of this country’s solidarity in limiting the rights of those who refuse to be inoculated.

Seventy-eight per cent of respondents said they would support (59 per cent) or somewhat support (19 per cent) such a ban. Only 15 per cent opposed a ban, and 5 per cent were somewhat opposed. Two per cent were unsure.

There was no difference in support between men and women. Regionally, support ranged from 75 per cent in Atlantic Canada to 81 per cent in Ontario.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-poll-shows-majority-of-canadians-support-barring-unvaccinated-from/

Glad youre so impressed with what Canadian dunderheads think is good for everybody. I follow the advice of people who know a lot more about this. The new doc in charge of Ontario’s covid plan does not agree this is needed. 

I wonder what kind of fool he is, must be a nut job.

/end sarcasm

4 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is a lie and lies like this discourage people from getting the vaccines and some may die as a result. 

You just lied to accuse me of lying, GJ c2015.

Out of one and a half million at least 25000 have died in Canada (likely more but their death never established). This alone is 98.3% survival rate and most of that is not even with the mutated Delta.

Wrong. 

You're talking about case mortality rate, but there are many many more people who got infected but either didn't know it or didn't go to their doctor. 

That mortality rate is almost totally due to the high number of people who were extremely old with one or more co-morbidities. 

The chance of a healthy person dying from covid is probably quite a bit lower than the .02% chance that I mentioned. 

4 hours ago, Aristides said:

You claim that more people were infected than were confirmed but reject the idea that more people could have also died than were confirmed

As I said, a number that came out of your ass.

If you think that the survivability rate for covid is less than what I mentioned then why don't you try to find some stats that support your seemingly ludicrous claim? 

As it stands, I made a claim which is extremely well backed up by the data I posted, which includes all the known cases on the planet (the largest sample size possible) and your retort was basically just whining without a shred of valuable info.

Thanks for comin' out. 

1 hour ago, Argus said:

It appears that 78% (or 59%) of Canadians are going to have to kiss my ass. 

18 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If you think that the survivability rate for covid is less than what I mentioned then why don't you try to find some stats that support your seemingly ludicrous claim? 

As it stands, I made a claim which is extremely well backed up by the data I posted, which includes all the known cases on the planet (the largest sample size possible) and your retort was basically just whining without a shred of valuable info.

Thanks for comin' out. 

The only stats we have are 4,270,089 known deaths for 200,994,742 known cases. That's a 2.12% death rate. Anything else is just shit you make up.

Edited by Aristides

10 hours ago, Argus said:

How is it working for you?

Covid transmission at schools is very low and kids that get it fair better than every other demographic

unlike the other diseases you mention, where the kids are the primary transmitters and the most vulnerable, with covid it is the exact opposite

there was zero scientific reason to close schools and zero scientific reason to require mandatory covid vaccinations for kids

you are really anti-science while claiming the mantle of science

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

The only stats we have are 4,270,089 known deaths for 200,994,742 known cases. That's a 2.12% death rate. Anything else is just shit you make up.

That number is averaged. If that is good enough for you, fill your boots.

For those of us who prefer understanding instead of just following, we know it is even higher than 2%, depending on age and other health issues.

Westcanman showed you the age distribution data already. That’s true and it makes good sense.

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Who is is behind this power grab, and why ?

Why? You think they'd tell you? 

Globalists behind the global reset is a guess I've heard. China? Big Corporate did well in the first lockdown.

My guess would be it wasn't so much a conspiracy as a discovery by the "never let a tragedy go to waste crowd. But now they've seen the personal power advantage in a Pandemic and even though death rates aren't impressive some are calling for more lockdowns and mask mandates. Why is that, do think? And whose behind them? Figure that out and I'll point the finger saying, "Them. Those guys. They're the ones."

Edited by Infidel Dog

28 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

That number is averaged. If that is good enough for you, fill your boots.

For those of us who prefer understanding instead of just following, we know it is even higher than 2%, depending on age and other health issues.

Westcanman showed you the age distribution data already. That’s true and it makes good sense.

Averaged to what, everyone is expendable except you? 

The majority of Candians think they know about health care now that they were all given a crash-course in immunology. All of a sudden everyone thinks they’re an expert.

If you dont work in this feild and have not had proper training, you’re just a useless tit with a big mouth, better to be ignored.

But now the idiot horde is all worked up, and it’s the politician’s and the media’s fault for the way this was handled.

Here, learn something. An admission from Alberta’s Dr. Hinshaw

”She said in the column that lifting precautions, including isolation requirements, asymptomatic testing and contact tracing will support the whole health of Albertans by allowing the province to focus on other health threats, opioid deaths and syphilis.”

This in response to people freaking out on her, too scared to let it go. Read the whole article- its the words of a health professional, not the opinion of some jackass.

Link

See what I tole you people.

But you people do not listen

Lemmings will take everyone over a cliff

a frightened, mass panicking self loathing hoard

if you follow them you will become one

who knew lemmings were all leftists?  :blink:

Edited by OftenWrong

27 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Look in a mirror bud.

Since you don't understand after multiple persons have tried to describe the technical issues, it's not a problem I have. You absolutely misinterpret what I say.

Your problem. Learn math, and sceince

12 hours ago, Aristides said:

From your extremely limited understanding, sure, but that has nothing to do with reality.

FYI the case fatality rate is always going to be higher than the mortality rate, because everyone who's sick enough to die goes to see a Dr but no one who is asymptomatic goes to the Dr and people who only get mildly ill don't usually go either. 

That's actual science, not just some Trudeau/CNN/CBC bullshit. Go look up case fatality rates if you want. 

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Since you don't understand after multiple persons have tried to describe the technical issues, it's not a problem I have. You absolutely misinterpret what I say.

Your problem. Learn math, and sceince

Leftists don't need science and math because they don't think for themselves. If they did then they wouldn't be leftists.

In all honesty, the only way that leftist talking points make sense is if you don't think about them. 

"Voter ID IS RACIST!"

"WALLS ARE RACIST!"

"AN ACCUSATION BY A VICTIM WHO CAN'T NAME A YEAR OR A LOCATION AND WHO HAS NO WITNESSES AND HAS NEVER EVEN TALKED ABOUT HER VICTIMHOOD FROM 3 DECADES AGO WITH FRIENDS, FAMILY OR POLICE NEEDS TO BE BELIEVED, EVEN IF SHE'S CAUGHT LYING DURING HER TESTIMONY!" 

"Covid spreads like wildfire in public parks and on beaches, but not during rioting or looting."

"Leftist politicians are so right to call for the defunding of police, and it makes sense for them to hire a bunch of those same police to protect them personally."

"It made sense for Cuomo to force C19-infected seniors back into their care homes, and to forbid anyone to test them for covid at that time, and the fact that he forced his staff to fudge the care home death tolls to make it look like the massive death rate there was lower than it actually was is no big deal either. Cuomo is still a C19 hero, and his Emmy for talking awesomely while those snow-cones were dying in their C19 inducement camps was well-deserved. Cuomo's ass-grabbing, on the other hand, is an extremely serious issue, and if he did any of that then he has to resign."

13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Fixed spelling for you

Let’s hope the medical experts, social scientists and politicians who oppose vaccine mandates and certificates stay the course, and do not succumb to the idiot herd.

Apparently you're too ignorant to tell the difference between people wanting a vaccine mandate and people wanting to exclude the retards who won't get vaccinated. Which somehow doesn't surprise me.  Canadians also don't support forcing vaccines into people. They just don't want people like you around them.

11 minutes ago, Argus said:

Apparently you're too ignorant to tell the difference between people wanting a vaccine mandate and people wanting to exclude the retards who won't get vaccinated. Which somehow doesn't surprise me. 

and then...

Canadians also don't support forcing vaccines into people. They just don't want people like you around them.

Leftist logic is laughable.

Sooooooo.... no vaccine mandate, and no forcing people to take vaccines, but unvaccinated people can't be around other people........

That's some really idiotic shit there Argus. If unvaxxed people can't be in society anymore, how is that any different from, say, forcing people to get the vaccine? ?

If you got the vaccine, and you're so confident that the vaccine works, then why don't you just run around licking doorknobs and hugging rioters/looters? You're safe, right?

Can you acknowledge that people got very sick, and even died, from taking the vaccine? Is it impossible for you to engage in an honest conversation? Can you acknowledge that some of the vaccines use technology that has never been approved by the FDA, and no one knows the long-term effects of them, and some of the vaccines apparently don't work, like the ones that Trudeau tried to order initially? Some people don't want to take a chance at dying, just to be used as lab rats and for a chance at improving their chance of survival from 99.98% to 99.99%. That's understandable.

Honestly, the best reason for taking the jab is if you're a conspiracy theorist, and you feel like the next commie plot to eliminate dissidents revolves around vaccinating the sheep and then killing the people who don't blindly gobble up propaganda. 

We put up with your idiotic lockdowns (and just trust me if you don't understand me, covid lockdowns and protocols were handled with the utmost stupidity), now that you have your precious vaxx you need to simmer down and carry on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

From your extremely limited understanding, sure, but that has nothing to do with reality.

FYI the case fatality rate is always going to be higher than the mortality rate, because everyone who's sick enough to die goes to see a Dr but no one who is asymptomatic goes to the Dr and people who only get mildly ill don't usually go either. 

That's actual science, not just some Trudeau/CNN/CBC bullshit. Go look up case fatality rates if you want. 

So a lot of people get Covid and don't report it but no one who isn't a confirmed case dies from it. Not even in third world countries with next to no health care. And you call that science.

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

and then...

Leftist logic is laughable.

If this is "Leftist" you must be further out on the right than Hitler was.

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Sooooooo.... no vaccine mandate, and no forcing people to take vaccines, but unvaccinated people can't be around other people........

It means no one is going to tie you down and inject you against your will. But Canadians don't want you around them or their families. 

28 minutes ago, Argus said:

It means no one is going to tie you down and inject you against your will. But Canadians don't want you around them or their families. 

Why not? If the jab made you impervious to infection or spread what are you afraid of?

Oh wait, that's right. The shots aren't actually as effective as they told you they would be, are they?

Covid and it's variants are here to stay. Get off the corporate and state media. They've been lying to you. Find some accurate information and learn how to live with the new reality. 

Edited by Infidel Dog

56 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So a lot of people get Covid and don't report it but no one who isn't a confirmed case dies from it. Not even in third world countries with next to no health care. And you call that science.

Did you even bother to just google: "Case Infected Rate"? I guess not.

Dude, what I wrote was so easy that you should have been able to figure it out yourself, but the fact that you can't understand it yet is bizarre.

1) When people are super sick, they go see a Dr. That's especially true if they're sick enough that they're going to die. Those people become "cases" in the "Case Infected Rate". 

2) When people just get a little bit sick, or they get infected but remain asymptomatic, they generally don't go to see a Dr. Those people don't get included in the "Case Infected Rate" because medical professionals don't know that they were sick, but they had covid too. 

Those 2 things should be really easy for you to understand, right?

Have you never gone to work when you were sick? Have you never been sick enough to take a day off work, but not sick enough to go to the Dr? Did you ever go to the Dr to see if you had the flu when you had no symptoms? Probably not. FYI, everyone who falls into one of those categories is excluded from case infected rate, but obviously they'd be included in a calculation to see whether or not you'd survive if you contracted the virus. 

Did you ever get so sick that you thought you might die, but didn't go see a Dr? I doubt it. 

This isn't something that you have to understand, but it will save you from public humiliation if you just ignore the topic.