Jump to content

Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.


Recommended Posts

Science is backed up by data and the message is clear. Get vaccinated and save lives of others and yourself. This message is particularly important as the Delta dominated fourth wave is coming to Canada, Vaccines are doing a great job to protect you and your family, friends and neighbors as well as strangers you come across on a bus, in a shopping mall, theaters and groceries, SO DO TAKE THE VACCINE ASAP IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8073598/covid-coronavirus-vaccine-hesitant-hospital-deaths-modelling/

 

“The data show that 85 per cent of hospitalized COVID-19 cases were unvaccinated, with only 0.7 per cent of hospitalized cases occurring in fully vaccinated patients,” she said during the Friday press conference.

 

“The majority of cases, hospitalizations and fatal outcomes are occurring among unvaccinated people,” Tam said.

Compared to cases among those who have been fully vaccinated, unvaccinated Canadians are three times more likely to be hospitalized if they catch COVID-19. With the Delta variant ripping across the country, it’s more important than ever to try to get your jab, Tam said.

“We need more eligible people vaccinated,” she said.

Roughly 6.3 million Canadians still haven’t had a vaccine.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you might get 30 maybe 40 % of that number to get the jab if we are really lucky, the others all think their is some government conspiracy going on that they are trying to control their mind or something...until they make it mandatory there is going to be a large chunk that will say no way, and until they see the bodies stacked up in the hospitals nothing will convince them of anything...by then it will be to late... Sometimes i have to shake my head and wonder how these people can navigate life with having kids, buying cars and homes, managing money they whole life thing, but somehow mange to convince themselves this is all a conspiracy theory or the vaccines are going to kill you... 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get the vaccine.  Our best chance of totally escaping the pandemic is to have as high percentage of the population with immunity as possible.  However, if the unvaccinated don’t get the vaccine their risk of death or serious illness is much higher.  However, the first time we heard about herd immunity the number was about 70% infected or exposed.   We’re already there.   Yes the Delta is persistent, but we’re well on our way to far more than 70% vaccinated.  I just think that making the choice to not get the vaccine is foolish.

The unvaccinated will have a harder time protecting themselves and they will need to be in PPE longer.  The vaccinated should not face restrictions, but really the vaccinated will be fine even if the unvaccinated don’t face restrictions.  The risks of death to the fully vaccinated from Covid are minute.  I don’t think mandatory restrictions are necessary anymore.  Protect yourselves and your children by getting vaccinated where possible.  Otherwise be extra careful.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The risks of death to the fully vaccinated from Covid are minute.

Also true for the unvaccinated.

And if we still need a mask, social distancing and other restrictions whether vaccinated or not... because covid... I see no reason for it myself. None at all. I’m totally unafraid of going it alone. 

Just me... and my immune system.

tophat_tophatwhitetieandtails_FC_470x264

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Looks like the unvaccinated depending on the vaccinated to protect them with herd immunity are going to be disappointed.

I am not an anti-vaxer, no. I’m more of a conscientious objector. I object to the government assuming they have the authority to do so. Or any business or corporate entity for that matter.

Since the vaccine is mRNA, therefore this is eugenic racism. 

...

Statistically, I’m with the 99% who survive covid without a vaccine.

You people go with the 1% .

;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reality is that if government requires vaccinated people to mask up to protect the unvaccinated, fewer people will bother to get vaccines.  That’s enough now.  End all mandatory restrictions.   They’re over the top.   The unvaccinated can protect themselves.  Parents can protect unvaccinated children.   Death rates due to Covid-19 will remain low going forward in Canada.  We don’t mandate PPE for flu.  We’re at the flu death rate now.   Mandatory restrictions now are draconian.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm on the fence on this. I wonder what kind of consequences there are going to be if I don't take the jab. 

Apart from the obvious one of getting the virus but I'm more interested in how sidelined would you be pushed if you don't get the jab. 

You can forget about traveling abroad? Fine by me. I have done enough of that already in the 90s when it was still worth it. 

Can't go to restaurants and bars? Couldn't care less. 

Can't go to a grocery store to buy food? That would be something unbearable but legally couldn't happen, could it? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

The reality is that if government requires vaccinated people to mask up to protect the unvaccinated, fewer people will bother to get vaccines.  That’s enough now.  End all mandatory restrictions.   They’re over the top.   The unvaccinated can protect themselves.  Parents can protect unvaccinated children.   Death rates due to Covid-19 will remain low going forward in Canada.  We don’t mandate PPE for flu.  We’re at the flu death rate now.   Mandatory restrictions now are draconian.  

How do parents protect unvaccinated children, lock them in their rooms?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Also true for the unvaccinated.

And if we still need a mask, social distancing and other restrictions whether vaccinated or not... because covid... I see no reason for it myself. None at all. I’m totally unafraid of going it alone. 

Just me... and my immune system.

 

I like how people scared shitless at the thought of getting a vaccine keep pretending they're the brave ones...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’m concerned that the ability for vaccinated to spread the Delta will be used to justify endless masking.  
https://apple.news/AuPannCIMTKqpk4qS05Jb4g

Because government wants us to be masked? Because there's a cabal of deep state people whose interests are served by people wearing masks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The government should mandate vaccines for its employees, including the military. All governments should, in fact. Colleges should require it for attendance, as should schools for those old enough to be eligible. There should be vaccine passports and any business which wants to should be able to refuse service to the unvaccinated and refuse to employ them UNLESS they can show they are unable to get a vaccine for a medical reason. So the government should issue exemption cards too. 

Enough tolerance. Start getting tough on these losers.

Edited by Argus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I am not an anti-vaxer, no. I’m more of a conscientious objector. I object to the government assuming they have the authority to do so. Or any business or corporate entity for that matter.

Since the vaccine is mRNA, therefore this is eugenic racism. 

...

Statistically, I’m with the 99% who survive covid without a vaccine.

You people go with the 1% .

;) 

Just as well because there is a good chance you will get it.

 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/why-delta-variant-spreads-fast-covid-1.6120982

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Argus said:

The government should mandate vaccines for its employees, including the military. All governments should, in fact. Colleges should require it for attendance, as should schools for those old enough to be eligible. There should be vaccine passports and any business which wants to should be able to refuse service to the unvaccinated and refuse to employ them UNLESS they can show they are unable to get a vaccine for a medical reason. So the government should issue exemption cards too. 

Enough tolerance. Start getting tough on these losers.

I am curious what is your supporting argument for this action? There are a few, which one holds the most ground. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I think you might get 30 maybe 40 % of that number to get the jab if we are really lucky, the others all think their is some government conspiracy going on that they are trying to control their mind or something...until they make it mandatory there is going to be a large chunk that will say no way, and until they see the bodies stacked up in the hospitals nothing will convince them of anything...by then it will be to late... Sometimes i have to shake my head and wonder how these people can navigate life with having kids, buying cars and homes, managing money they whole life thing, but somehow mange to convince themselves this is all a conspiracy theory or the vaccines are going to kill you... 

 

You gotta step away from the propaganda machine bro.

Just remember that the same people who lied to you all along about C19 are the same ones who are telling you that you are in a position to look down your nose at unvaccinated people.

If you don't think that they're liars, look at all of the things that they said about HCQ when we first heard that it might help to fight covid.

Sure, there was a chance that HCQ was useless, probably even a 90% chance, but it was never a risk to kill people or make them go blind, and that's what the disinformation specialists starting blurting out frantically. You need to consume a full Kg of HCQ to start experiencing vision problems (5 years of dosing), but if you take a year off HCQ you can start again.

People are dying of the vaccination. Not just a few, a lot. And with the vaxx it's not just elderly folks with co-morbidities that are dying. That's another fact. 

This has nothing to do with conspiracies, or mind control, it's verifiable facts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Winston said:

I am curious what is your supporting argument for this action? There are a few, which one holds the most ground. 

The health and wellbeing of the community. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Argus said:

The health and wellbeing of the community. 

Which community? I can show many ways health and wellbeing were not provided, even unto the elderly who were most at risk. Never did nothin to take the pressure off overloaded ER’s.

Just stay home.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But hey, all about “me, me, me”. All you fucking people are selfish, shit filled rabbits. I like how people go smugly talk about how much they care. 

Maybe give some more of that charity money at Christmas, make you feel all better. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

But hey, all about “me, me, me”. All you fucking people are selfish, shit filled rabbits. I like how people go smugly talk about how much they care. 

Maybe give some more of that charity money at Christmas, make you feel all better. 

And it takes real bravery to stand up like you do and say "I don't care about anyone! I'm too scared to get vaccinated and if I get the disease and kill others that's just to damn bad!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...