Canada at the start of Delta dominated fourth Covid wave, so get vaccinated to save lives.

The DeathSantis effect.

"Florida had over 7,400 confirmed Covid-19 admissions in the most recent seven-day window," a rate similar to what hospitals faced during the surge in early January, but not as much as seen during the summer 2020 wave.

Bottom line: Florida has reported 22 percent of the nation's Covid cases over the last two weeks, but makes up only six percent of the US population, by far the largest disparity among the states.

Florida ranks first in per capita Covid hospital admissions and second for child hospitalizations. Over the last week, it is second only to Louisiana in new cases per capita.

Edited by Aristides

13 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The DeathSantis effect.

"Florida had over 7,400 confirmed Covid-19 admissions in the most recent seven-day window," a rate similar to what hospitals faced during the surge in early January, but not as much as seen during the summer 2020 wave.

Bottom line: Florida has reported 22 percent of the nation's Covid cases over the last two weeks, but makes up only six percent of the US population, by far the largest disparity among the states.

Florida ranks first in per capita Covid hospital admissions and second for child hospitalizations. Over the last week, it is second only to Louisiana in new cases per capita.

those are low numbers

DeSantis is doing a great job

no need for useless lockdowns

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

The DeathSantis effect.

Reality Check.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Florida is the 3rd most populated state in the union and is fourth in total deaths. There were no deaths yesterday and if you check out the graph for deaths at the link you'll see nothing scary or unprecedented is happening.

There was a spike in cases. Spikes in cases caused by the variant have been happening all over lately. They tend to happen then plummet down as fast as they spiked up. Hysterics like to hit you at the peak of the spike with a scary claim. And left-wing hysterics have a particular enmity for Florida. If a hysteric tries to scare with stories of how dangerous the variant is make him show you his data. It's less dangerous than the flu.

Admissions is a bogus stat. Was the test taken before or after the admission. That matters and seeing as they don't generally want to tell us where the stat came from we can only guess.

I've seen too many stories like the one below to take stories of hospitalizations seriously. I even saw a video on Youtube one-time where a videographer was at an empty looking hospital that had been making claims on how busy they were. They wound up calling the police on the guy. Embarrassed I guess.

"

On Friday, the Associated Press reported that Florida broke the ‘record’ with more than 21,000 new cases in the state. One of the key contentions was that hospitals were closed to being ‘overrun,’ a common claim in COVID reports that have nearly all turned up hollow.

“The Florida Hospital Association said Friday that statewide COVID-19 hospitalizations are nearing last year’s peak, and one of the state’s largest health care systems, AdventHealth’s Central Florida Division, this week advised it would no longer be conducting nonemergency surgeries in order to free up resources for COVID-19 patients,” the AP reported.

The Delta variant is indeed fueling a surge in ‘cases,’ which are actually infections for those who are vaccinated or otherwise asymptomatic. The Delta variant is far less deadly than the original ‘wild’ variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It raises the question of whether or not people are being hospitalized for COVID, or merely testing positive for COVID after going to the hospital for other reasons.

One citizen decided not to take the Associated Press or any other mainstream media outlet’s word for it and decided to check it out for themself. Dr. Shay, Phd., who goes by AMA Black Patriot on Twitter (@DrShayPhD) went to a hospital at Cape Canaveral, Florida, which the AP had used as the location for one of its report.

“So the Associated Press wrote an article saying that Cape Canaveral, FL hospital is bursting at the seams with Covid patients,” Dr. Shay tweeted. “I had to go see for myself, so I drove there. The first set of pictures are of the hospital’s parking. More to follow.”

A collection of photos of a quiet hospital is at the link

And here's another thing I'd like the Florida scare-mongers to explain to me. 

It's true if you look at the graph for Daily New Cases there's a noticeable spike comparable to previous waves but if you look at the graph for "Active Cases" it's not that scary at all.

Why is that?

Another graph of Daily New Cases the Florida scare-mongers might want to check out is the one for the United Kingdom. That was another one where they rushed to tell you about the scary spike in cases. They haven't been telling you though about the recent precipitous decline in that curve.

14 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

That is FALSE.

Nope. That was not false. STOP THE LIES AND FALSE RUMOURS CITIZEN. YOU ARE KILLING PEOPLE BY YOUR MISINFORMATION.

See below:

CDC study shows three-fourths of people infected in Massachusetts coronavirus outbreak were vaccinated but few required hospitalization

FYI people are dying just from taking the vaccination. 

Not just the people who were in danger from covid either, but healthy people who would never have died from covid.

At Canada post at the Vcr Int'l airport they have about 600 employees and one of them just died 3 days after getting the second shot. My best friend here worked around him and knew him quite well. He was in his 50s but still quite happy and healthy. 

The media in Vcr isn't blaming the vaccine, and talking about how "he shoulda or coulda or shouldn'ta", the media doesn't even talk about healthy people dying from the vaccine. But for some strange reason, every person under 60 who dies from covid is an important anecdote for the masses. 

As long as the MSM and leftist politicians are busy engaging in disinformation I'm busy ignoring everything that they say. 

Deaths

• Up to and including July 23, 2021, a total of 162 deaths were reported after the administration of a vaccine. Following medical case review using the WHO-UMC causality assessment categories, it has been determined that: 
    • 33 are still under investigation
    • 66 of these deaths are unlikely linked to a COVID-19 vaccine
    • 57 deaths could not be assessed due to insufficient information.
    • 6 deaths followed a diagnosis of TTS (refer to the TTS bullet above)

That's from: https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccine-safety/#seriousNonSerious

As usual, all covid-related information has to be presented with a political outcome in mind, so never expect a site like this to come out and blame the vaxx, but the '66' and the '57' there are kind of strange. How can they not know? What about the 33?

Seeing as there's not even 1 single case there where they can safely say that the vaxx was even likely to be the cause of death, why won't they say that "no one is known to have died from their vaccinations yet"? That's exactly what their stats there say, so why don't they just come out and say it?

Why don't they talk about the relative health of the people who died? 

Anyone who sneezed or coughed who died in 2020 "died of covid", so why don't people who die after the jab get instantly thrown into the "vaxx deaths" category?

Don't think using the CBC as your rod and your shield Citizen, actually think for yourself, and tell me why you think that this disinformation keeps coming from the MSM and the gov't? 

I'm sure this is the kind of thinking a lot of employers are going through about the anti-vaxxers. Just as a lot of other people are considering it about those they know.

As employers, local business owners try to build a team of leaders who can think independently, use good judgment, and make smart, thoughtful choices. But if someone reveals they can’t do that with something as important as a critical medical decision, if they are prone to believe conspiracy theories, if they are susceptible to the pressure of others, if they can’t independently evaluate evidence, how can we count on them to apply rational, evidence-based thinking in the workplace?

I’ve never been one to divide people into binary groups. And I’ve tried to keep an open mind and acknowledge that not everyone will see things the way I do. But the vaccine question has become an illuminating test of judgment and critical thinking. I can’t help but be more trusting of those who believe the evidence, and more skeptical of the skeptics.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/sutcliffe-vaccine-question-an-illuminating-test-of-judgment-and-critical-thinking

12 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

what is being done and what should be done according to actual rights are two different things

freedom haters abounding doesn't change that

So you think people shouldn't have to get their kids vaccinated for measles, mumps, chicken pox and the like before they go to school?

11 hours ago, Winston said:

If this is the argument, where is the scientific evidence that answers each one of these questions? I asked CITIZEN_2015 but nothing was produced. There is potential to this argument. 

Why would you be asking when it is all around you? We can see the impact of vaccines just on the way the spread of the disease and the death rate plunged as vaccinations rose. Do you think that's a coincidence?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

This one below was referred to as "The Catch of the Day" at the archive site where I found it. You can enlarge it by clicking.

2.jpg

Obviously this would be a site run by crazed anti-vax loonies desperately seeking evidence that the covid disease is made up or at least isn't serious. It's all a big conspiracy. What they seemed to ignore from the woman's own twitter self-description is that while she is indeed a vet she also works in hospitals as a physical therapist. 

Oh they would have SEEN it. They just would have ignored it to use it as 'evidence' that someone is lying to them.

"Democrat taking on Lauren Boebert: mom, veterinarian, hospital Physical Therapist"

Edited by Argus

36 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

FYI people are dying just from taking the vaccination. 

Not just the people who were in danger from covid either, but healthy people who would never have died from covid.

These vaccinations have been monitored more closely than any previously for side-effects. All medicines have side-effects because people react differently to the same medication. What one person takes with perfect ease can cause another to go into convulsions.  I'm not sure anyone even knows why. The number of deaths directly linked to the vaccinations is tiny, even for the astrazeneka. Compared to the death rate for covid that's entirely acceptable and any sane person acting with facts and logic would take the vaccine.

14 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

The vulnerable are represented by two groups:

Those over 70 years of age. Those who are fat, diabetic, asthmatic.

1.  I would argue the vulnerable - those who treat their personal health so poorly should not be protected whatsoever.  Of course this doesn't extend to our senior citizen population. Fun fact: It's the health care unions who refused certain practices like working at just one facility that ended up spreading the disease to different nursing homes.

2.  The arrogance of our health officials in pretending to know everything about viruses is damning, since clearly people like Flam Flam Dr. Tam do not know what they are talking about. The ignorance (never admitted) of our medical elites helps feed conspiracy theories.

1.  That would be about 40% of our population, so that'll never happen.

2.  The people who claim experts don't know what they are talking about because their guidelines change means they don't understand, how research works and how science and knowledge evolve.  Sort of like conspiracy theorists that way.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

These vaccinations have been monitored more closely than any previously for side-effects. All medicines have side-effects because people react differently to the same medication. What one person takes with perfect ease can cause another to go into convulsions.  I'm not sure anyone even knows why.

Correction - any sane person who's at risk from covid, and no longer plans to have children, would take the vaccine (which still isn't approved by the FDA yet). I wouldn't get anyone, especially female, to get an MRNA injection or whatever it is if they still plan to have kids. 

Why don't they test people to see if they already have covid before they juice them up? Why don't they test to see if they've already had covid before they just vaxx them? There's no science behind just juicing everybody. It just fits the big pharma narrative of "Ignore cheaper solutions! Covid kills everyone! Get the jab!"

The number of deaths directly linked to the vaccinations is tiny, even for the astrazeneka. Compared to the death rate for covid that's entirely acceptable and any sane person acting with facts and logic would take the vaccine.

It's not tiny, especially when people who had zero chance of dying from covid are dying from the shot. 

Would you buy a gadget that has a .0005% chance of killing you to save you from falling into the crack of your couch? 

The vast majority of people who died from covid were already dying, or near death. It has a near-zero mortality rate in children, unlike the seasonal flu, and deaths among healthy adults are near zero as well. If you don't try to go to the gym and do a heavy workout while you have covid, there's no evidence that it's a threat.

Do you think you have some evidence that covid kills healthy people? Even the anecdotes that come out are of morbidly obese or immunocompromised people. 

2 hours ago, Argus said:

while she is indeed a vet she also works in hospitals as a physical therapist. 

The twit's tweet says "I work on the covid floor of my hospital."

How is that a thing then, if she's not lying?

IE, if there's a whole floor of the hospital dedicated to covid, then why is the physical therapist working there? Is C19 pilates a thing? Is there a C19 spin class? Why do you think there's a physical therapist working on the covid floor Argus? 

Coincidentally, I'm a plumber working in the carpentry division in the radioactive waste wing of my local Nuclear Power plant. 

Edited by WestCanMan

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Obviously this would be a site run by crazed anti-vax loonies desperately seeking evidence that the covid disease is made up or at least isn't serious. It's all a big conspiracy. What they seemed to ignore from the woman's own twitter self-description is that while she is indeed a vet she also works in hospitals as a physical therapist. 

Oh they would have SEEN it. They just would have ignored it to use it as 'evidence' that someone is lying to them.

"Democrat taking on Lauren Boebert: mom, veterinarian, hospital Physical Therapist"

" a site run by crazed anti-vax loonies"

Which? You mean Twitter? People began noticing the boastful claim by the buffoon claiming "Doctor" status on Twitter. 

Debby's claim of also being a physical therapist - and apparently there's a big call for physical therapists on covid wards in Debby's world - came in reply to those who mocked her tweet telling how being a Doctor gave her insight into crowded hospitals.

But hey, don't be shy. Show us the whole tweet:

HC9ktU_W_normal.jpg

My name is Dr. Debby Burnett. I'm a mom, veterinarian, COVID frontline worker, tractor driver, & small business owner. I’m also the Democrat taking on Lauren Boebert. Please help support our grassroots campaign by chipping in here!

BTW, is Dr. Debby, Veterinarian, tractor driver, claimed physical therapist, and Democrat activist the "expert" you would like to call forward as your evidence to the crowding of hospitals?

Cause if it is, I'm still laughing.

And speaking of funny tweets Donald Trump JR. had one where he took a stance something like yours that those who hadn't been vaxed need to be segregated from society.  His was a mock though. It tweeted "#Vax to Vote." He found it funny and a little bit shocking how many Liberals and their RINO supporters thought it was a good idea.

Edited by Infidel Dog

33 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

BTW, is Dr. Debby, Veterinarian, tractor driver, claimed physical therapist, and Democrat activist the "expert" you would like to call forward as your evidence to the crowding of hospitals?

Cause if it is, I'm still laughing.

I don't need to call evidence that water is wet. No one sane needs evidence of the crowding of hospitals in areas where low vaccine rates have resulted in widespread hospitalizations. Only crazy people pretend there's some kind of enormous conspiracy among virtually all scientists, health care workers and politicians to 'pretend' that covid is bad so they can inject you with a deadly serum which will turn you gay and put microchips in your blood.

But you were the one who posted this as some sort of 'evidence' that one of the people complaining about it was caught in a lie and they clearly weren't. 

29 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

So she claims.

She also claims she's a physical therapist, tractor driver and therefore an expert on crowded hospitals though, so who knows?

Yeah I guess it takes an 'expert' to know if a hospital is crowded. I mean, just working in one wouldn't do it, huh?