Prediction: Trudeau wins a majority this Fall

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

GTA and PQ scarcely know there IS a ROC.

Oh, no, when I was a Torontonian I was fully aware of the RoC.  We are the Guardians of Confederation here in Upper Canada.

The RoC just didn't matter, it was all going to be decided in the GTA & Montreal, forming the Iron Triangle of the Eastern Elites with Ottawa.

Then you have the Toronto Porgressives in their academic Ivory Towers which are hostile to both Western Energy & Quebec Ethnonationalism.

Then you've got Quebec outside of Montreal which is hostile to the RoC in general.

Edited by Dougie93

14 hours ago, jacee said:

You really miss the point, Army guy.

Government works best for us when parties have to negotiate. 

No one party is 'best'.

Majority governments are corrupt governments. 

Minority governments have to play nice. That's best for all of us. 

Jacee I get it , but in the art of negotiating one must make comprises to get what you want. My question is what are they willing to comprises on, and what will it cost them....getting into bed with thieves and lairs can only hurt their image, And lets not forget a lot of those voters are coming from the NDP and carry their values as well making it even that much harder to find the middle ground, with driving them away. 

Minority government also tend to get little done, all this negotiating takes time and effort. 

What part of Mays platform do you see the liberals jumping on ? I really don't see much common ground do you. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 11:37 AM, Army Guy said:

Jacee I get it , but in the art of negotiating one must make comprises to get what you want. My question is what are they willing to comprises on, and what will it cost them....getting into bed with thieves and lairs can only hurt their image, And lets not forget a lot of those voters are coming from the NDP and carry their values as well making it even that much harder to find the middle ground, with driving them away. 

Minority government also tend to get little done, all this negotiating takes time and effort. 

What part of Mays platform do you see the liberals jumping on ? I really don't see much common ground do you. 

I see lots of room to push the Liberals or Conservatives to do a whole lot better. 

Remember, a minority government in parliament needs votes from another party to be able to pass any legislation at all, so they're motivated to negotiate.

ETA... because they have no alternative.  Lol  

Edited by jacee

1 minute ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Justin Trudeau's approval in Quebec reaches 52%, higher than anywhere in Canada.

He has 41% of the votes in the province.

Conservatives are 19 points behind.

Quebecers have no issue with him trying to influence criminal charges against a big company in Quebec. In fact, they very much approve of it. Now if it had been a company located outside Quebec, that would be different.

If he was to say he was going to disallow Quebec's bill 21 that would throw a wrench into the works, which is why he refuses to talk about what he intends doing until AFTER the votes are counted.

Edited by Argus

Zero chance Trudeau invokes Disallowance in Quebec or anywhere else, that law will never be invoked again, it's political suicide,

Mind you, I am all in favour of it, as a Monarchist Tory.

Disallowance is an archaic law which predates the Canada Act, being used to override Canadian democracy with the monarchical powers in the BNA Act.

But it's not going to happen, for that very reason.

The Canada Act is the Liberal's baby,  they're not going to go ultimate Tory to overrule their own Charter, that would be admitting that it is a failure.

Disallowance is the Queen, Disallowance is Britain overruling Canada, the Liberals will never do that.

Edited by Dougie93

10 minutes ago, Argus said:

Quebecers have no issue with him trying to influence criminal charges against a big company in Quebec. In fact, they very much approve of it. Now if it had been a company located outside Quebec, that would be different.

If he was to say he was going to disallow Quebec's bill 21 that would throw a wrench into the works, which is why he refuses to talk about what he intends doing until AFTER the votes are counted.

Well now I get why you have disdain for Qcers when you see a criminal, openly saying he's going to challenge Law 21 (approved by 70% of the population), who caused huge housing problems in Montreal because of the immigrants he let in for free... and still the Quebecers vote for this dick. And massively.

16 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

.. and still the Quebecers vote for this dick. And massively.

Only because he is bribing them with money from the rest of Canada.   Money which Canada doesn't actually have.   He's bribing the CAQistes  with Canada's debt.

It's only possible in the near term, because the central banks are keeping the interest on Canada's debt abnormally low in buying their own bonds

Otherwise known as policy stimulus. Otherwise known as a Free Money Party and/or the Punch Bowl.

This moral hazard will come back to haunt Canada, then the Federalists wont have the money surplus to bribe the CAQistes anymore.

That's when the CAQistes will go back to being Pequistes.

Edited by Dougie93

Bear in mind that you are living through the Greatest Free Money Party in History.

Policy stimulus incited longest Bull Market of all time.

I can go out and mortgage an investment property at 1.75% variable under prime, literally free money.

It won't last.  This bubble will pop.   So hedge yourselves appropriately.

• 2 weeks later...

After recent events with blackface etc., I'm inclined to think Mr. Trudeau will win with a majority as well. Prior to this I was more inclined to Liberal minority. So in a way, the blackface scandal has only solidified liberal love for Mr. Trudeau, the act of forgiveness providing them a perverted form of catharsis, soul healing, cleansing. He was black, but now he has repented. From now on he is and will always be white. 

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

We desparately need a majority government to deal with very tough decisions regarding carbon emmissions. With the Greens' irrational anti-nuclear hysteria, we cannot afford to let them have the balance of power. The same applies to the NDP.

The desperate need to deal with climate change is irrational in itself. Canada doesn't need to do much of anything as long as the rest of the world isn't. And anyway, climate change is not exactly going to destroy us.

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

The desperate need to deal with climate change is irrational in itself. Canada doesn't need to do much of anything as long as the rest of the world isn't. And anyway, climate change is not exactly going to destroy us.

Apparently 500,000 people in Montreal completely disagree with you.

20 minutes ago, Argus said:

Morons, the lot of them.  Adolescents and the adolescent minded.

Morons in the sense they probably don't even understand what she's saying is false. It's the media here again.

Mr. Trudeau was trying to get in on the action of course. Glad to see she told him where to go. +1 Greta Thunberg

On 9/18/2019 at 12:37 PM, QuebecOverCanada said:

Justin Trudeau's approval in Quebec reaches 52%, higher than anywhere in Canada.

He has 41% of the votes in the province.

Conservatives are 19 points behind.

Quebecers ALWAYS vote for their own self interest and little else. How much can they keep getting from the rest of Canada? Lot's and lot's.

I think Trudeau get's another majority thanks to the hypocrisy of progressive voters  and naïve young Canadians.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

After recent events with blackface etc., I'm inclined to think Mr. Trudeau will win with a majority as well. Prior to this I was more inclined to Liberal minority. So in a way, the blackface scandal has only solidified liberal love for Mr. Trudeau, the act of forgiveness providing them a perverted form of catharthis, soul healing, cleansing. He was black, but now he has repented. From now on he is and will always be white. 

Apparently, lying, lack of ethics, obstruction of justice along with the severe lack of judgement re:  blackface isn't enough to stop the love in - Trudeau could murder someone in the middle of downtown Toronto and the idolaters would still vote for him .   
He should be careful, his finger's on the trigger, he does like to dress up.

Trudeau with gun.jpg

Edited by scribblet

13 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

I still can't decide between the Liberals and Jagmeet. Maybe if Trudeau shot someone, that would help me make up my mind.

Mr. Singh is unquestionably the only true leader on this stage. That doesn't mean I agree with his politics, but at least he is what he appears to be. Mr. Trudeau, not so much.

That doesn't appear to stop his fanatical following though. So, fill yer boots.

Edited by OftenWrong
added highly relevant content

I'm still bitter about them dumping Mulcair, but I could support Jagmeet. My only problem is I live in a liberal/Conservative swing riding where an NDP vote is more likely to support the Conservative candidate than anyone. And normally I wouldn't care about that and vote NDP anyway because there really is little difference between the Libs and Conservatives, but the rabid hatred of Trudeau on this board has made him more intriguing to me.

1 hour ago, BubberMiley said:

I still can't decide between the Liberals and Jagmeet. Maybe if Trudeau shot someone, that would help me make up my mind.

Vote for Trudeau.

He's the best PM, and by far the prettiest in my Facebook feed. I know you loved Trump's looks, but Trudeau is known just for that. Might consider this crucial point, Bubber?

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I'm still bitter about them dumping Mulcair, but I could support Jagmeet. My only problem is I live in a liberal/Conservative swing riding where an NDP vote is more likely to support the Conservative candidate than anyone. And normally I wouldn't care about that and vote NDP anyway because there really is little difference between the Libs and Conservatives, but the rabid hatred of Trudeau on this board has made him more intriguing to me.

I actually agree with you.  Mulcair was a very competent party leader, whom I had a lot of respect for.  I think if he were still leader he’d be set up to do fairly well this time around.

The rabid hatred is mostly a result of the most vapid and superficial prime minister in the history of the country.  Constantly reminding everyone how much better and progressive he is than everybody else.  It’s also a result of his many ethics violations and his Santa Claus like governing, promising everything to everyone, by borrowing tens of billions of dollars every year to pay for it.  Not giving a damn about how he’s completely erased all of the hard work and difficult decisions made by previous governments, particularly Liberal governments to pay down significant debt, and put Canada in fiscal envy of other G7 countries.  It’s all for nothing now.  And the bullions we pay in just interest on our debt grows every year.  Billions that could be better spent on important things like heath care and education.  I feel sorry for guys like Chrétien and Martin the most.  Somebody like Jagmeet would be just like Trudeau, but on steroids.  

On 9/4/2019 at 5:26 PM, WestCanMan said:

Trudeau has literally no chance.

He will be eviscerated on the debate stage for his lies about the debt, his love of terrorists & islamic state, his crimes, and his divisive rhetoric.

This is where Scheer or Bernier can crucify globalist Blackface Trudeau. This will probably be the only time those two can get to work on Trudeau in front of the nation. It is their game to lose if they so choose. I hope that they make an ass of the Blackface racist liar. Besides, the green party will pick up many liberal or NDP seats as many liberals have noticed that their leader is a loser and a racist. How can Canada have a leader like Blackface and that he be able to show his face in a third world country and show them that he is not a bold faced liar and racist. I see Scheer possibly forming a minority government. Better than nothing. 

3 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

So, I guess from your reply is that you want to see Canada turn into a country that will reflect the rest of the world and their cultures and watch as our British and European traditions and culture go down the tubes. So sad. The minority will take over one day and that will be the end of Canada especially if this Blackface liar and racist wins another election. This fool is a globalist and does not really care about Canada at all, and I guess that you do not have much love for Canada either. Just wondering.