Prediction: Trudeau wins a majority this Fall

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

A "deplorable" who is "undermining" the "social cohesion" of Canada, which make you a "traitor". Silly Eskimo Communists.

Deplorables. That’s all language from the US political scene.  Not everything is about the US.  Canadians have their own interests and political language.  

My reference to social cohesion relates to Robert Putnam and has no political ideology attached to it.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

There is no voting out the Liberals, if the Red Liberals lose the only realistic alternative is the Blue Liberals. Then there is the Orange Liberals and Green Liberals, who are the two biggest parties with no real shot of winning, but play spoiler to the Red Liberals.

But it's all Liberals, hell, even the PPC is lead by a former Liberal Lite nomination runner up.

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Deplorables. That’s all language from the US political scene.  Not everything is about the US.  Canadians have their own interests and political language.  

Canadians also repeat Democrat Party talking points ad nauseam as well. You aren't fooling us by claiming that isn't you to a tee.
/shrugs

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Trudeau gets a lot of attention, the Trudeau brand attracts America's attention, if it wasn't for Trudeau brand recognition, America would take no notice at all.

It's still rather dull, even with Trudeau and his blackface troubles.   Rally attendance is not significant, and anything Trump related still gets top CBC headlines.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's still rather dull, even with Trudeau and his blackface troubles.   Rally attendance is not significant, and anything Trump related still gets top CBC headlines.

I know Democrats were fawning over him early on, I don't know about now, because I don't speak with Democrats unless they have flipped to Red Team.

All my Republican acquaintances just point to him as the Globalist poster boy.  

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I don't know anyone in the U.S. who is following the Canadian election (maybe my expat neighbour ?)

Oh I know  a few, but like I say, all they really know is Trudeau, it's not like they are following it closely, but they are always cursing Trudeau for this or that, "Castro's Bastard" sometimes they call him, Castro's illegitimate son.

They are kind of like you, they follow Canada as a kind of rival, they know Canadians are America bashers, so they like to take shots at Canada.  They know Trudeau is  propped up as the Anti-Trump so they are anti-Trudeau.

They want to know if Trudeau is doing well or badly and are happy to hear he's having troubles.  They know about the blackface that's for sure, they crow about that, virtue signalling Trudeau exposed as a fraud.

They know about the gun grabbing, they're all teasing me about Trudeau rounding up my AR.  They want to know how pissed off I am about it, to which I say pissed off on the principle of it, the property confiscation with impunity, even though I don't actually use it much, so mostly If it's getting grabbed, I just want what I paid for it and not to be short changed, to which they are sympathetic with more rounds of cursing Canada and Canadians.

Edited by Dougie93

On 9/4/2019 at 3:40 PM, WestCanMan said:

I don't believe what "the polls say". 

Fake polls were just used as a tool to back the media's stance that Trudeau's scandals weren't a big deal.

They throw out some lukewarm coverage and show some video footage of people downplaying the incident and they come out with "Look at the latest and greatest polling results - no one cares about these teensy scandals! And hey, look at these ducks that walked across the highway in Kitchener yesterday! Sooo adorable!!!!"

When Trump was drawing massive crowds all over the States the media down there used fake polling results to make Hillary seem like the more popular candidate too. 

Stick to your guns people. Vote.

I agree. I don't believe what the polls say. It is not accurate. If Trudeau gets back in, I will be shocked! Or maybe I'm just praying he does not! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

It didn't need to be made great. It already was (yes, under Harper) and continues to be. Some things are better, some things are worse. Continues to improve though, just like always.

Looks like you have nothing to offer me. But again, what has Trudeau done since in office that was great for you or Canada? Give me something that he did that was great? Come'on, eh? 

17 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada is a great country, but the things most people like about it are under threat: economic opportunity, clean air and water, plenty of space, liberal-democratic values, free speech, home ownership...A lot of overspending by government and immigrants flocking to cities, driving up the cost of housing, straining services, and adding congestion to highways and transit.  We’re paying today’s bills with tomorrow’s development charges on new condos.  The growth is feverish and rapidly changing Canadian society, not always for the better.  

Mass immigration into Canada will only hurt and destroy this country even further than what it has already done. Trudeau and his Somali immigration minister wants to bring in approx. 350,000 new immigrants into Canada every year. In three years that will be over a million new immigrants. In six years it will be over 2 million, and that is not counting all the criminal illegals that are entering Canada illegally every day. Those numbers are staggering. On average about 50 criminal illegals enter Canada every day. 50 times 365 days amounts to approx. 18,250, and all have to be taken care of while in Canada and waiting to see if they can stay in Canada which could last for years with the way our so called refugee system is setup. There is no way anyone here can tell me that all this mass legal and illegal immigration will be great for Canada. Only a fool will believe that crap. Sadly, they are plenty of pro immigration people in Canada. :(

23 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

That is what the vast majority of Canadians want, even the Conservatives are pandering to Liberal voters.

Canada is a lost cause for conservatism, just take your money and move on.

Well, all can be said here is that if globalist Trudeau gets back in power, we will now know that the insane people of Canada have been allowed to take over this insane asylum called Canada. 

True conservatism is just about dead in Canada. There is not much left of it. Bernier is the only politician in Canada that can help save true and real conservatism from being totally annihilated for good in Canada. Indeed, if anyone with any sense and has money to spare throw it all into the American economy because the Canadian peso should only get worse than what it is already. The only ones that will benefit and will be making plenty of money from another four more years of globalist Trudeau are the globalist liberal elite who will try to rob us all of everything that we have left. As far as I am concerned, Canada is only running and staying together on bull chit glue. Aw well.  

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

Well, all can be said here is that if globalist Trudeau gets back in power, we will now know that the insane people of Canada have been allowed to take over this insane asylum called Canada.

Like I've told you, the lunatic left being allowed to go loonie is being propped up by the policy stimulus free money party being incited by the central banks.

Moral Hazard.   There's no cost to anything right now.   Debt is cheap, so the Great Silent Majority is not intervening to constrain them.

Free money party; the consumer is propping the house of cards economy up with debt.  They are spending money they don't have.

It won't last.  When hard times come again, things will get serious, the masses will feel the pain, then the ferocious right wing backlash will come in the wake,

To the lampposts, fetch the rope.

Edited by Dougie93

6 hours ago, Teena said:

I agree. I don't believe what the polls say. It is not accurate. If Trudeau gets back in, I will be shocked! Or maybe I'm just praying he does not! 

Polls taken means nothing at all. Look at the poll that said Hillary was going to win the presidency. It was all just a bull chit poll created by the liars in the American leftist liberal fake media to try and make Hillary look like she would win the election. I am pretty sure that Trudeau is not all that popular at all. But it will be the job of the Canadian bought off leftist liberal media to make it appear as though Mr. Wonderful will win the next election. If Scheer or Bernier do not take advantage that will be given to them to hammer Trudeau into the ground with all of his scandals in the debates coming up they will have missed a great opportunity to take the guy out. It's all theirs to win. But will they do it? Hopefully they will otherwise they deserve to lose.  

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Polls taken means nothing at all. Look at the poll that said Hillary was going to win the presidency. It was all just a bull chit poll created by the liars in the American leftist liberal fake media to try and make Hillary look like she would win the election. I am pretty sure that Trudeau is not all that popular at all. But it will be the job of the Canadian bought off leftist liberal media to make it appear as though Mr. Wonderful will win the next election. If Scheer or Bernier do not take advantage that will be given to them to hammer Trudeau into the ground with all of his scandals in the debates coming up they will have missed a great opportunity to take the guy out. It's all theirs to win. But will they do it? Hopefully they will otherwise they deserve to lose.  

So true with Hilary. But she did win the popular vote? On another note, I will be attending Bernier's rally tonight in Essex, Ontario! Woo hoo. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Like I've told you, the lunatic left being allowed to go loonie is being propped up by the policy stimulus free money party being incited by the central banks.

Moral Hazard.   There's no cost to anything right now.   Debt is cheap, so Great Silent Majority is not intervening to constrain them.

It won't last.  When hard times come again, things will get serious, the masses will feel the pain, then the ferocious right wing backlash will come in the wake,

I have to admit that at times most Canadians do really scare the chit out of me a hell of a lot. They appear to be so clueless about politics. Even here, there are members who believe that Trudeau is still Mr. Wonderful and he can do no wrong. Scandals, Blackface, lying racist and so much more has happened with this prime mistake of Canada that it is hard to believe that those people still do want Trudeau to win the election. Canada cannot survive with another four more years of this Blackface fool. I cannot see how it will get better but only worse with him at the helm. Just saying. 

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It was lack of social cohesion for sure.  If this guy had friends to call him out when he started going off the rails, take him for a drink, play some pool, basketball, anything, maybe he wouldn’t have felt so alienated and angry. 

There was an article I read a short time back, about how dating sites like Tinder have shaken up dating among younger people. Because it's all based on looks, the handsome and beautiful get deluged with requests. The plain, not so much. This is particularly so of men. If you're a handsome well-built man you can date girl after girl just for sex. If you're not so good looking, and maybe not so suave and sophisticated as to make a good impression when you do meet a woman, you get nothing. This leads to bitter young men unable to compete, in jobs where, for the most part, they don't meet women, or can't do anything if they do, without the social circle, large family connections, religious belonging which would enable them to meet other young women in social settings.

Nor is this good for young women. They're not usually just looking for sex, but most of the men on the likes of Tinder are. I think it was Peterson who said in a lecture that nature made men want sex so badly that they'd stick around and help raise the resulting offspring. And society made it so that if you didn't marry a girl you weren't going to get any sex. Now that men can get sex easily (or at least the good looking ones) they're just doing that and making no commitments. That leaves young women without the kind of enduring male companionship they actually want.

None of it is good for society.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I don't know anyone in the U.S. who is following the Canadian election (maybe my expat neighbour ?), but clearly the U.S. election is already attracting lots of attention in Canada, even though it is over one year away.

What's more interesting, a circus or a guy reading Shakespeare?

4 minutes ago, Teena said:

So true with Hilary. But she did win the popular vote? On another note, I will be attending Bernier's rally tonight in Essex, Ontario! Woo hoo. 

Good for you. Hopefully Bernier can get a big crowd. Bernier needs all the help he can get because if Bernier starts climbing up in the polls the bought off Canadian media will go after him viciously and attack him and call him anti-immigrant, anti-gay, and a racist. Just the other day Bernier had a gathering at some hall in Ontario and ANTIFA were already outside the doors demonstrating and tried to disrupt the meeting. They are at it already. That is a sign that just maybe Bernier is doing well. When the leftist liberal elite establishment and paid off media and ANTIFA start to attack someone, like Bernier for instance, then we all should know by now that the person that they are attacking has something to say that those intolerant and bigoted leftist liberals and the paid off media are scared to death that Bernier could do well in the next election. It looks like Bernier is starting to scare the chit out of them already. Woo-hoo!  ;)

29 minutes ago, taxme said:

I have to admit that at times most Canadians do really scare the chit out of me a hell of a lot. They appear to be so clueless about politics. Even here, there are members who believe that Trudeau is still Mr. Wonderful and he can do no wrong. Scandals, Blackface, lying racist and so much more has happened with this prime mistake of Canada that it is hard to believe that those people still do want Trudeau to win the election. Canada cannot survive with another four more years of this Blackface fool. I cannot see how it will get better but only worse with him at the helm. Just saying. 

Money talks and bullshit walks.   When there is free money from the central banks, it's all bullshit; that's Moral Hazard.

Nobody is serious about anything when they can just keep frivolously racking up debt with no consequences.

$800,000 mortgage, 1.75% interest.  That's free money.   No need to be serious, you can indulge in whatever silliness as you please.

When the punch bowl inevitably has to be taken away, either by too much deflation, or too much inflation, then the shit will hit the fan.

Deflation is actually worse, deflationary spiral is a Depression, that can incite revolution.

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Argus said:

There was an article I read a short time back, about how dating sites like Tinder have shaken up dating among younger people. Because it's all based on looks, the handsome and beautiful get deluged with requests. The plain, not so much. This is particularly so of men. If you're a handsome well-built man you can date girl after girl just for sex. If you're not so good looking, and maybe not so suave and sophisticated as to make a good impression when you do meet a woman, you get nothing. This leads to bitter young men unable to compete, in jobs where, for the most part, they don't meet women, or can't do anything if they do, without the social circle, large family connections, religious belonging which would enable them to meet other young women in social settings.

Nor is this good for young women. They're not usually just looking for sex, but most of the men on the likes of Tinder are. I think it was Peterson who said in a lecture that nature made men want sex so badly that they'd stick around and help raise the resulting offspring. And society made it so that if you didn't marry a girl you weren't going to get any sex. Now that men can get sex easily (or at least the good looking ones) they're just doing that and making no commitments. That leaves young women without the kind of enduring male companionship they actually want.

None of it is good for society.

Very insightful remarks.  We’re essentially talking about the breakdown of the family unit.  The pill and abortion freed women up from the requirement of a committed supporter.  As for men using condoms, sex could be enjoyed without consequence.  Love could be pursued without fear of the economic consequences of unwanted pregnancy.  

The problem of course is that men and women are wired differently for relationships.  Generally women want an emotional connection prior to or in addition to sex.  Not always of course.  Many men enjoy sex without emotional connection.  The consequence in social media, where decisions (swipes) are mostly made about a person based on looks is that often there is no opportunity for an emotional connection that might have come through the natural progression of, say, meeting someone at a bar or club event.  

In the bigger picture, as people socialize more online, they tend to search for and attract people who see the world the same way, so there is little reason to come out of yourself and engage with different kinds of people who could make you more well-rounded.  

Even TV as a shared experience is in decline as everyone tunes into their own devices.  How this relates to politics is that there’s a winner take all attitude at each end of the political spectrum.  Neither side respects or even understands the other anymore because there’s no dialogue.  We all disappear to our particular camps.  

I’m not interested in conservative or liberal.  I’m interested in sensible.  We’ve lost the centre.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

come out of yourself and engage with different kinds of people who could make you more well-rounded. 

That must be how I ended up married to a gun grabbing nanny state liberal.  Mind you I am a classical liberal, I'm just too old for a nanny.

Actually it was love at first sight for me, but since it was in Toronto, I wasn't expecting her to be an arch conservative when I walked up to make my pitch.