Prediction: Trudeau wins a majority this Fall

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Since you assert that America is a relatively dangerous area, because of guns and lack of gun control, clearly you don't know the difference, and are just repeating the anti-American propaganda you've heard other anti-American Canadians spouting.

I’ve spent lots of time in the US and other countries.  My experiences are first hand.  Canada has its bad areas too, but less of them.  It’s no paradise anywhere.  

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’ve spent lots of time in the US and other countries.  My experiences are first hand.  Canada has its bad areas too, but less of them.  It’s no paradise anywhere.  

Anecdotal evidence colored by confirmation bias. Your experience is not representative of reality, it's an outlier, and your experience is filtered through anti-American/anti-gun lens, distorting it even further.

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I agree that not everyone can be stabilized.  I do think some societies are more volatile than others though.  I saw it in Russia, Marseille, the US, parts of Canada too.  You can smell the desperation and hate in some places.  No doubt there are some seriously disturbed people who are capable of acts most people wouldn’t dream of doing, but social conditions make a big difference.  

Canada is getting more volatile all the time, you know I'm not an immigration hysteria guy, but Canada ain't like it used to be and its getting kind of crazy now.

Even you are Americanized, you don't even think the Queen is Queen, you think Julie Payette is Queen,

You are killing the less volatile cohesive British Canada and turning into America as much as anybody.

Edited by Dougie93

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Zeitgeist is the classic aegrescit medendo academic, because he "knows" everything and yet is actually a fool. but these are the people who make policy in Canada.

You reveal your ignorance because most of what I’m saying is obvious to anyone who has lived in both the US and Canada.  It doesn’t take academic analysis.  You need two things to commit a crime: motive (desire) and opportunity.  Bad social conditions will make people more vulnerable to giving into bad choices.  Guns give people carrying around such ill will the opportunity to express it in the worst ways, obviously.  

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Guns give people carrying around such ill will the opportunity to express it in the worst ways, obviously.  

Guns give people carrying around such good will the opportunity to express it in the best ways, obviously.

It's not one or the other, it's an inanimate object, it's not inherently positive or negative. It's the person, not the tool. Stop demonizing inanimate objects just because you don't like them.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

You reveal your ignorance because most of what I’m saying is obvious to anyone who has lived in both the US and Canada.  It doesn’t take academic analysis.  You need two things to commit a crime: motive (desire) and opportunity.  Bad social conditions will make people more vulnerable to giving into bad choices.  Guns give people carrying around such ill will the opportunity to express it in the worst ways, obviously.  

You're a fool because you think guns are hard to get in Canada and that gun control is the reason there are less shootings here.

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You reveal your ignorance because most of what I’m saying is obvious to anyone who has lived in both the US and Canada.

Being "better than America" is a Canadian value and something Trudeau hopes to bank on to win an election (by associating Scheer with Trump).

What Trudeau will not tell you is that far more Canadians have lived, worked, and emigrated to the U.S. than Americans going to Canada, a nation with 10X the population.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Guns give people carrying around such good will the opportunity to express it in the best ways, obviously.

It's not one or the other, it's an inanimate object, it's not inherently positive or negative. It's the person, not the tool. Stop demonizing inanimate objects just because you don't like them.

Zeitgeist coming to confiscate my property because of a nonsensical fallacy

This is why I despise Canada and Canadians, no rule of law, just the rule of a mob, and yet he spews on about "social cohesion"

Its pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada is getting more volatile all the time, you know I'm not an immigration hysteria guy, but Canada ain't like it used to be and its getting kind of crazy now.

Even you are Americanized, you don't even think the Queen is Queen, you think Julie Payette is Queen,

You are killing the less volatile cohesive British Canada and turning into America as much as anybody.

I’m a dual citizen, British and Canadian.  I’m very attached to an old English sensibility and I cherish it in Canada, but part of that outlook is a sense of reasonableness.  

I do think Trudeau is pushing this country into dangerous territory because he’s pushing an agenda that has few clear upsides and many pitfalls.  He is overspending and making Canadians feel that they are responsible for cleaning up the problems of every subgroup and individual.  It’s overly interventionist and, yes, nanny-like.  Still beats a Trump type character, but Trudeau doesn’t see that we will probably end up swinging right as a result of these moves.  We’re watching it unfold.  

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Zeitgeist coming to confiscate my property because of a nonsensical fallacy

This is why I despise Canada and Canadians, no rule of law, just the rule of a mob, and yet he spews on about "social cohesion"

Its pathetic.

I've found that the "social cohesion" canard is often code for, "society would be better off if everyone agreed with me and want to implement my counter-productive policy proposals".

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

I do think Trudeau is pushing this country into dangerous territory because he’s pushing an agenda that has few clear upsides and many pitfalls. 

I welcome it, I can't wait for Canada to get its comeuppance.  Nobody is more deserving of what is going to come.  Smug sneering priggish Canadians; I despise them

I welcome it, I can't wait for Canada to get its comeuppance.  Nobody is more deserving of what is going to come.  Smug sneering priggish Canadians; I despise them

This already happened when Trump bitch slapped Trudeau with tariffs and NAFTA 2.0.

Canada's economic dependence and vulnerability were stripped naked for all to see.

Trudeau had to learn who the daddy is in this relationship, just like his father did.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This already happened when Trump bitch slapped Trudeau with tariffs and NAFTA 2.0.

Canada's economic dependence and vulnerability were stripped naked for all to see.

Trudeau had to learn who the daddy is in this relationship, just like his father did.

Yeah, but he went easy on them, that was just a warning shot,  Americans are too nice, even Trump just talks a big game but then lets Canadians off the hook.

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I've found that the "social cohesion" canard is code for, "society would be better off if everyone agreed with me and voted for the government to implement my counter-productive policy proposals".

No actually it isn’t political at all.  It’s straight psychology.  Isolation is psychologically dangerous.  Many people in today’s digital hall of mirrors feel isolated.  Add a rapidly shifting society where people feel left behind and don’t know how to connect with the new prevailing identities or lack thereof, and you have recipes for depression, aggression, and radicalization.  Left wing extremism only stokes the extreme right fires.  Both extremes are dangerous.  What’s concerning is the increasing polarization and lack of centrism.  It makes it harder for people to share experiences and get past their ideosycrasies.  Again, there are too many destabilizing forces and you can always find affirmation in social media of even the most twisted views.  Most people navigate this brave new world without too much trouble, but for someone who is on the edge...That’s why community matters as much as policing violence. 

Still, it is probably satisfying for Trump to see Trudeau and his party struggle this campaign season, victims of their own virtue signaling and policy/personal missteps after looking down their smug noses at Trump for so long.

Now Trudeau is promising the moon to his base....just like Trump did.

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No actually it isn’t political at all.  It’s straight psychology.  Isolation is psychologically dangerous.  Many people in today’s digital hall of mirrors feel isolated.  Add a rapidly shifting society where people feel left behind and don’t know how to connect with the new prevailing identities or lack thereof, and you have recipes for depression, aggression, and radicalization.  Left wing extremism only stokes the extreme right fires.  Both extremes are dangerous.  What’s concerning is the increasing polarization and lack of centrism.  It makes it harder for people to share experiences and get past their ideosycrasies.  Again, there are too many destabilizing forces and you can always find affirmation in social media of even the most twisted views.  Most people navigate this brave new world without too much trouble, but for someone who is on the edge...That’s why community matters as much as policing violence. 

Some people who think social cohesion is a good thing don't think government intervention can make it better, you do.

You use the social cohesion argument as a way to sell bullshit government intervention to infringe on the rights of those you disagree with.

You are using "social cohesion" as cover to push your left wing extremism. You think social cohesion is when people embrace Eskimo Communist extremism, which you exalt as safety, and hate on American freedom, which you vilify as dangerous.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Still, it is probably satisfying for Trump to see Trudeau and his party struggle this campaign season, victims of their own virtue signaling and policy/personal missteps after looking down their smug noses at Trump for so long.

They look down their noses at every American.   Canadian insecurity makes them into sneering buffoons.  Time for all Canadians to get their comeuppance, not just Trudeau.

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump has to get re-elected to avoid going to jail.  Maybe after impeachment he’ll resign and hope President Pence pardons him like Nixon was pardoned.  Trump is too proud and his base too confident, however.  He will seek re-election and , given the fragmentation of the Democrats, he could get re-elected.  

Trudeau is the lefty version.  As his dad made mince meat out of Joe Clark, even after electoral defeat, and as Reagan made mince meat out of Carter, so too may Trudeau overtake Scheer.  I don’t like it but I’ve come to expect it.  Trudeau is a more compelling figure than Scheer, though he has to go.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

They look down their noses at every American.   Canadian insecurity makes them into sneering buffoons.  Time for all Canadians to get their comeuppance, not just Trudeau.

Most of the provinces have moved right at the premier level, but it remains to be seen if the shift will follow federally.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Most of the provinces have moved right at the premier level, but it remains to be seen if the shift will follow federally.

The "social cohesion" in Canada is that they despise the friendliest most upstanding forthright people on earth, for no good reason, I'm just despising them right back, yet they'll still whine that I'm picking on them.

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The "social cohesion" in Canada is that they despise the friendliest most upstanding forthright people on earth, for no good reason, I'm just despising them right back, yet they'll still whine that I'm picking on them.

"Social Cohesion" according to the Eskimo Communists, is hating on American Freedom and embracing their worldview. If you don't do that, then you are a "deplorable".

Edited by Yzermandius19

Well, it's the one thing that some Canadians can rally around, even as they fight domestically between provinces.   It's funny to watch from here in the U.S., each region/province battling with the others for influence, pipelines, tax policy, spending, language laws, etc.

Canada will have a federal election in about three weeks, but most of the world will hardly notice, as the differences are slight and any impact quite small. 

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

"Social Cohesion" according to Eskimo Communists is hating on American Freedom and embracing their worldview, if you don't do that, then you are a deplorable.

Proudly deplorable, with my Six Eight Six Dash Three Point Three Five Seven Magnum, suck it, speech banning, gun grabbing farm team for the Democrat Party.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Well, it's the one thing that some Canadians can rally around, even as they fight domestically between provinces.   It's funny to watch from here in the U.S., each region/province battling with the others for influence, pipelines, tax policy, spending, language laws, etc.

Canada will have a federal election in about three weeks, but most of the world will hardly notice, as the differences are slight and any impact quite small. 

Trudeau gets a lot of attention, the Trudeau brand attracts America's attention, if it wasn't for Trudeau brand recognition, America would take no notice at all.

Your problem is that you use the language of an extremist   You “despise” Canadians, though you’ve said most Canadians are basically Americans.  You also call Canadians communist.  That’s ridiculous 1950’s McCarthy shit.  

The Liberals are more left than they’ve ever been, which stems from them stealing the NDP platform in the last election.  Interestingly, they’re promising big tax cuts now in an effort to steal the Conservative platform.  I just see a fiscally irresponsible party that will say anything to get elected.