America under President Trump

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Says YOU ! :lol:  

I don't, actually, support the Democrats.  We should add this to the list of Trump cult fallacies: "You don't like Trump therefore you must love Biden, Clinton, Olabama..."

All you lefties are nervous this morning. Get some bad news about your beloved Joe Biden?

27 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You didn't read the post you quoted ?  

You know, you have a nice avatar but I'm glad I have you ignore... back to the pile for you then...

I accept your unconditional surrender if that's the case. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Chuckle all you wish. I'm not surrendering the field. You are...suh.

I guess I am surrendering the field.  I told you that I don't support the Democrats.  You indicated that I would be feeling bad about some conspiracy site post about Joe Biden getting arrested or some shit I don't know about.

Even if it were true I wouldn't care.

So, yes, I'm leaving a discussion that involves you just saying "You like Biden" over and over again.  You won. :) 

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I guess I am surrendering the field.  I told you that I don't support the Democrats.  You indicated that I would be feeling bad about some conspiracy site post about Joe Biden getting arrested or some shit I don't know about.

Even if it were true I wouldn't care.

So, yes, I'm leaving a discussion that involves you just saying "You like Biden" over and over again.  You won. :) 

Poor devil...I'll take it easy on your fragile bones.

• Thanks 1

I'm eager to witness Trump's post POTUS life. 

Short of the legal exposure he faces, his "Brand" is worth mud right now. 

No banks will do business with him, he has no ability to market, his properties are worthless as long as he is the head of them. 

He owes hundreds of millions of dollars and his only revenue stream now is grifting his downtrodden base. 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2021 at 8:45 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Says YOU ! :lol:  

I don't, actually, support the Democrats.  We should add this to the list of Trump cult fallacies: "You don't like Trump therefore you must love Biden, Clinton, Olabama..."

They’re literally not smart enough to understand that. In their simple minds you are either one or the other. They get nosebleeds trying to imagine anything different. I’ve long noted that Black-and-White thinking and difficulty with nuances or gradients is a hallmark of many the far Right 

On the other hand, a few righties are smart enough to understand these things but it’s unhelpful to them so they just lie and falsely accuse because oversimplification and dishonesty and “ends justify means” logic is another of their hallmarks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boges said:

He owes hundreds of millions of dollars and his only revenue stream now is grifting his downtrodden base. 

Oh you can make a lot off people like that. Just look at some of the telepreachers and their fabulous mansions and multiple private jets.

30 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

On the other hand, a few righties are smart enough to understand these things but it’s unhelpful to them so they just lie and falsely accuse because oversimplification and dishonesty and “ends justify means” logic is another of their hallmarks

You need to divorce the idea of what is happening from the idea of left vs. right.

If you follow the Covid conspiracy theory you will see that the fringe right and left are joining forces... Left+Right = ... light ?  rift ?  I dunno but there is a surfeit of stupidity.

I now realize that conservatism calls back to traditions and institutions of the past, including mapping a way forward through politics and so I identify as conservative while maniacs of all stripes try to dress up in the clothes of grown-up members of a 'public'.

If you care about the future, drop your political allegiance and work towards putting sandbags up around democracy.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Argus said:

Oh you can make a lot off people like that. Just look at some of the telepreachers and their fabulous mansions and multiple private jets.

At least they can promise some sort of salvation. 

What does Trump offer now that he has no power? More disease-infested rallies? 

3 hours ago, Boges said:

I'm eager to witness Trump's post POTUS life. 

No banks will do business with him, he has no ability to market, his properties are worthless as long as he is the head of them. 

Are you hoping he'll be put to death . . . . perhaps burned at the stake might make you happy.  Awaiting your predictable response  . . . . .  "yeah but, . . . ."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Are you hoping he'll be put to death . . . . perhaps burned at the stake might make you happy.  Awaiting your predictable response  . . . . .  "yeah but, . . . ."

Useless hyperbole. 

An extended prison term would suffice. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Boges said:

Now we can see the violence that is inherent in the system.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

If you care about the future, drop your political allegiance and work towards putting sandbags up around democracy.

It would help if people on the left stopped salivating at the idea of going after him and enacting revenge on not only him, but "Trump supporters". I guess they forgot that about 1/2 the population has voted for Donald Trump. All kooks and useless vermin to be ignored. Vilified. Sweep them away!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Grift is a serious accusation. You'll need a credible cite for that. 

Using his phoney fraud claims to hound his supporters for donations “to stop the steal” and in the fine print it says the money raised isn’t going toward his failed lawsuits instead is going to his PAC slush fund.    

Trump Reaps $207.5 Million After Loss as Donors Answer His Fury

READ MORE: Trump Hits Up Donors for Court-Fight Funds He Can Use Elsewhere

The fine print in those solicitations says that 75% of money given to TMAGA will go to Save America, a political action committee Trump set up that allows him to spend the money on political activity, including holding rallies, advertising, fundraising, travel and supporting other candidates. The balance goes to the Republican National Committee.

The PAC is an alternative to raising money for the campaign directly, which is limited in what it can do with the cash in its coffers. Unless he officially files as a candidate running for president in 2024, Trump’s campaign can only raise money to pay down debts, fund his legal challenges or pay for modest wind-down expenses, said Larry Noble, a former general counsel at the FEC.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-12-11/trump-reaps-207-5-million-after-loss-as-donors-answer-his-fury

Amd then there’s all the government businesses that’s been redirected to businesses owned by Trump and patronage of Trump businesses by lobbyists, foreign governments and Republican sycophants trying to gain his favour  

7 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

The fine print in those solicitations says that 75% of money given to TMAGA will go to Save America, a political action committee Trump set up that allows him to spend the money on political activity, including holding rallies, advertising, fundraising, travel and supporting other candidates. The balance goes to the Republican National Committee.

Oooooohhhh shaaaaame. Some of the money goes back into the GOP. Are you joking right now? 

If he hosted events that his mom spoke at and she got $300,000.00 that would be worth mentioning, like the We Scam.

How fine is the fine print? Is it on P 560 of an omnibus bill like the DPA law that Trudeau created for SNC Lavalin?

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Bang on. And requiring honesty from our media is actually the key here.

As an example, when stations like CTV say something inflammatory like: "Killed after falling asleep at a drive-thru", it's not mere sensationalism and we shouldn't let things like that slide when we can do something about it. That's what their FB page is for. 

People need to resist the temptation to pump up their SJW status by showing the kind of outrage that CTV is trying to elicit; they need to make CTV feel the burn on social media. Instead they give them the clicks and likes and the shiny star that they want and both sides feel like it's a win-win.

It's just the community that loses.