America under President Trump

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

If your avatar is any indication of who you are . . . . you look in good shape.

Thanks, but the person in the avatar is the late Right Honourable Colonel George Francis Gilman Stanley, former Lt. Gov. of New Brunswick, one of the people credited with creating the Canadian flag, the longest serving officer in the Canadian Forces (or so I've been told) and one of Canada'd formost historians.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Thanks, but the person in the avatar is the late Right Honourable Colonel George Francis Gilman Stanley, former Lt. Gov. of New Brunswick, one of the people credited with creating the Canadian flag, the longest serving officer in the Canadian Forces (or so I've been told) and one of Canada's foremost historians.

It's not a question to be asking Mike . . . . 

Thinking President Trump will just pack his bags and leave out the side exit . . . . . 

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

It's refreshing to just turn the radio/TV off. Take your dog for a walk, do something/anything to get away from the barrage of crap we're fed every day.  Remove the portrait of Justin from above your fireplace and toss it into the flames. If your avatar is any indication of who you are . . . . you look in good shape.  Put on the 'tights' and do those new yoga poses  . . . to the newest Justin Bieber tunes (oops - said the Justin word again. Apologies). Have fun, don't listen to the doom-gloom.  Smile!  :D

Good advice.

This perhaps explains now why Fatso Arruda and Fatso Ford have issued their curfews and stay at home orders. Must not go outside... stay at home and continue to be brain-washed by the internet/ lying media and their corporate whores* at all times!

* Reference to the late, great Sherman Skolnik

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bcsapper said:

You do understand what literally means, don't you?

Absolutely, but the word wasn't in your post or your previous one. Not sure what you're jabbering about.

Your previous post did have some comedy in it though:

"We will not tolerate misinformation, conspiracy theories, and lies from our Representatives."

It was Democrats that said that lol. 

In retaliation, Trump is sending them a letter telling them not to be so boastful and crass. 

29 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Absolutely, but the word wasn't in your post or your previous one. Not sure what you're jabbering about.

Your previous post did have some comedy in it though:

It was Democrats that said that lol. 

In retaliation, Trump is sending them a letter telling them not to be so boastful and crass. 

Well, the word was in your post so I can understand your confusion.

Who's writing the letter for Trump?

I wonder were they going to leave Trump alone after his Presidency is over if the Capitol-incident hadn't happened. I don't think so. They were going to destroy him anyway.

However, with the Capitol-incident something really snapped. Now they are going to destroy him even more completely and enjoy it.

I think Trump should go into exile while he still can as if they can treat him like this when he is still President you can only guess what they are going to do to him after the 20th.

17 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

I wonder were they going to leave Trump alone after his Presidency is over if the Capitol-incident hadn't happened. I don't think so. They were going to destroy him anyway.

However, with the Capitol-incident something really snapped. Now they are going to destroy him even more completely and enjoy it.

I think Trump should go into exile while he still can as if they can treat him like this when he is still President you can only guess what they are going to do to him after the 20th.

He will have to pick a country without an extradition treaty. Some of his favourite countries don't have extradition treaties with the US so he should be alright.

Trump is a total narcissist with no empathy for anyone other than his immediate family. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Who is "they" ?   You are assuming there is one jurisdiction who wants to pursue him.  Furthermore, you assume it's just one class of case.  Furthermore you assume that it's public departments, not private debtors or Russian gangsters or unpaid Indonesian brothel bosses ....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, -TSS- said:

From all I've read Trump enterprises broke the law with great enthusiasm prior to him becoming president. They played fast and loose with rules, regulations, laws and particularly tax requirements and statements. Remember how Trump famously said he was under audit before the election? We've read a number of stories of him, his family and his business overvaluing and under-valuing assets for tax purposes. And we know he did a lot of deals with the Russians. Both his sons have said that it was Russian investment which saved their company after all the banks stopped doing business with them. 

Steve Bannon suggested that collusion wasn't what he'd be caught out on but money laundering. And, I would guess, helping these Russian oligarchs evade sanctions, as well.

These sorts of investigations take a while, but New York State has been doing them for some time now. Soon the Justice Department and IRS will be free to join in and exchange information. I have no doubt, given his lifelong attitude (taken from his father, who cheated on his taxes and lowered value estimates of buildings he passed on to his son) that Trump has broken numerous laws and can be convicted if the government or governments so choose.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Well, the word was in your post so I can understand your confusion.

I used the word correctly.

Leftist dolts laughed about all kinds of seditious posts & comments over the past few years.

Comments like "I will take Trump out tonight!" and "How long has it been since an actor assassinated a President?" aren't jokes. Posting a photo of yourself holding an effigy of the President's severed head isn't funny. Telling people in your constituency to verbally assault and harass politicians isn't a joke.

ha ha ha oh the merciless rapier wit, spare us sap

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I used the word correctly.

Leftist dolts laughed about all kinds of seditious posts & comments over the past few years.

Comments like "I will take Trump out tonight!" and "How long has it been since an actor assassinated a President?" aren't jokes. Posting a photo of yourself holding an effigy of the President's severed head isn't funny. Telling people in your constituency to verbally assault and harass politicians isn't a joke.

ha ha ha oh the merciless rapier wit, spare us sap

I suppose language changes all the time.  Liberals keep telling me to get used to it, but I'm too conservative and old fashioned for that.  Not to worry.

Incitement certainly isn't a joke, and such should be punished by law.  That's why I'm hoping Trump is impeached and then jailed.  At least we can agree on something.  That's very encouraging.

As for the other stuff, like it or not, it's protected by the first amendment.  And rightly so, in my opinion.

Last point, what wit?  Who's writing the letter for Trump?

16 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I suppose language changes all the time.  Liberals keep telling me to get used to it, but I'm too conservative and old fashioned for that. 

Words like literally and sedition have meant the exact same thing ever since I was born. It's not the language that's changing, you're just learning it here.

Subscribe to my feed son. You're still at the steep end of the learning curve.

Not to worry.Incitement certainly isn't a joke, and such should be punished by law. 

That's an accurate and truthful statement. 

Am I supposed to congratulate you now or something?

That's why I'm hoping Trump is impeached and then jailed.  At least we can agree on something.  That's very encouraging.

Lol. "The equal application of justice" appears to be a subject that's way over your head sap.

The time to mention that sedition is a crime is when someone is making comments that are actually seditious, not when you see someone that you don't like saying something that you disagree with. 

You had dozens of examples of sedition to be offended by over the past 6 years and you missed your chance every single time.

Now you're screaming that the sky is falling. (FYI that is not happening)

As for the other stuff, like it or not, it's protected by the first amendment.  And rightly so, in my opinion.

Some of it isn't protected at all. Telling a group of people that "maybe it's time" [for an actor to assassinate a President] is no joke, although it may seem funny to a bunch of drunk college kids. 

Also, it's highly hypocritical of you to act like Madonna's speech about her lucid dreams of blowing up the WH, in front of a large group of angry dissidents during a period when there was rioting and arson going on, did not constitute sedition while Trump's call for protestors to peacefully walk down to the Capitol and offer some courage to Republicans did.

Like I said before, you just utterly fail to understand the concept of 'equal application of justice'. 

Last point, what wit? 

Exactly. Humour requires high brain function. 

If you can do it, anyone can.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Words like literally and sedition have meant the exact same thing ever since I was born. It's not the language that's changing, you're just learning it here.

Subscribe to my feed son. You're still at the steep end of the learning curve.

That's an accurate and truthful statement. 

Am I supposed to congratulate you now or something?

Lol. "The equal application of justice" appears to be a subject that's way over your head sap.

The time to mention that sedition is a crime is when someone is making comments that are actually seditious, not when you see someone that you don't like saying something that you disagree with. 

You had dozens of examples of sedition to be offended by over the past 6 years and you missed your chance every single time.

Now you're screaming that the sky is falling. (FYI that is not happening)

Some of it isn't protected at all. Telling a group of people that "maybe it's time" [for an actor to assassinate a President] is no joke, although it may seem funny to a bunch of drunk college kids. 

Also, it's highly hypocritical of you to act like Madonna's speech about her lucid dreams of blowing up the WH, in front of a large group of angry dissidents during a period when there was rioting and arson going on, did not constitute sedition while Trump's call for protestors to peacefully walk down to the Capitol and offer some courage to Republicans did.

Like I said before, you just utterly fail to understand the concept of 'equal application of justice'. 

Exactly. Humour requires high brain function. 

If you can do it, anyone can.

You used the word incorrectly then.  Based on your definition.

The rest of your post is a combination of the type of insult you accuse me of making, and outright lies.

You're wrong about freedom of speech, you're wrong about Trump, and you're wrong about anything at all to do with justice.  You've seen your emperor naked, and worse, stupid, and you have to decide.  Stick or twist.  You decided to stick, and I can't help you other than to point out the error of your ways.

8 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

You used the word incorrectly then.  Based on your definition.

The rest of your post is a combination of the type of insult you accuse me of making, and outright lies.

You're wrong about freedom of speech, you're wrong about Trump, and you're wrong about anything at all to do with justice.  You've seen your emperor naked, and worse, stupid, and you have to decide.  Stick or twist.  You decided to stick, and I can't help you other than to point out the error of your ways.

You and I both know what's up sap. 

You're caught up in the never-ending lie that's CNN coverage and you're too invested in it to give up now.

Like the frog who jumped into some cool water, you'll stay there until the bitter end regardless of how hot it gets.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

You and I both know what's up sap. 

You're caught up in the never-ending lie that's CNN coverage and you're too invested in it to give up now.

Like the frog who jumped into some cool water, you'll stay there until the bitter end regardless of how hot it gets.

Sure, except I'm not the one who decided to support a self absorbed, narcissistic loser with the IQ of said frog, and continued to do so as he gave a very convincing impersonation of the Hindenburg in its last moments. 

That was you.

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Sure, except I'm not the one who decided to support a self absorbed, narcissistic loser with the IQ of said frog, and continued to do so as he gave a very convincing impersonation of the Hindenburg in its last moments. 

That was you.

Cite?

I find it hard to believe that I ever supported you. 

Ironically, while CNN was pretending to have a change of heart regarding the crime of sedition, they interviewed the guy who started the 'Insurgence USA' website lol. 

20 seconds into the video, they even put "John Sullivan, Founder of Insurgence USA" up on the screen lol.

If you're keeping score, CNN just gave a national platform to a guy who was caught on video making an impassioned speech calling for the violent removal of the POTUS.

The coronavirus served as a good reason for favouring mail in-ballots but in the future when things get back to normal, if they ever will, mail in-ballots should only be used when a voter is too ill to vote in person or when a voter lives abroad.

This is the case in French elections.

21 hours ago, -TSS- said:

The coronavirus served as a good reason for favouring mail in-ballots but in the future when things get back to normal, if they ever will, mail in-ballots should only be used when a voter is too ill to vote in person or when a voter lives abroad.

This is the case in French elections.

An even better idea would be to take elections out of politician’s hands entirely.

1 minute ago, Nefarious Banana said:

But, then again, your perception is somewhat stunted.  Carry on.

Just because some weren't looking to hurt police, many where. And even if many weren't looking to hurt Capitol police, I'm sure they were looking to cause harm to members of congress or Mike Pence if they were able to get their hands on them.