America under President Trump

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

The first thing the Nazis did upon attaining power was to ban all contrary opinions.

The pressure has always been there to go authoritarian. Like in Star Trek episode with the Nazis- "Patterns of Force"

KIRK: But why Nazi Germany? You studied history. You knew what the Nazis were.
GILL: Most efficient state Earth ever knew.
SPOCK: Quite true, Captain.

What is different today is that politics in America has become increasingly influenced by the internet. Imagine the Nazis attaining their dream- control people by force-feed the propaganda directly into their mind.

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The pressure has always been there to go authoritarian. Like in Star Trek episode with the Nazis- "Patterns of Force"

What is different today is that politics in America has become increasingly influenced by the internet. Imagine the Nazis attaining their dream- control people by force-feed the propaganda directly into their mind.

Well, we all witnessed our Reichstag fire...didn't we?

Who is behind all that violence? Including during the spring summer & fall????

Guess who.

11 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I should also point-out that Nancy Pelosi went to the military yesterday and tried to get them to commit to not following anything Trump said to do. The military...thank goodness...refused. 

Now who is the coup-meister?

I'm pretty sure that came with a wink...

31 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The first thing the Nazis did upon attaining power was to ban all contrary opinions.

Inciting a riot has never been protected speech, and you can't force a private company to host an incitement to riot.

Though if you tried, Mao would be proud.

55 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Every conservative forum I've ever run across bans contrary opinions.  They're kinda the same as Muslim forums that way.  So conservatives have this message - "Free speech!  Free speech!  But only if its conservative"

Also, it seems that the attack on the Capitol was the tipping point.  Can you imagine if antifa, BLM or ISIS were posting on Twitter/Parler/Facebook/Instagram/Reddit pics and descriptions of themselves invading the Capitol and their plans to disrupt the inauguration how quickly these Trumpists would want them shut down on social media?  

But you know what they say: one man's terrorist is another man's patriot.

Last year, the City of Minneapolis burned for three days because BLM's George Floyd protests turned into riots and looting.  Democratic leadership at the city, county, and state level refused to intervene early on.  Several dead, $500 million in damage, 1500 businesses impacted, one police precinct burned down.

Yay democracy !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Last year, the City of Minneapolis burned for three days because BLM's George Floyd protests turned into riots and looting.  Democratic leadership at the city, county, and state level refused to intervene early on.  Several dead, $500 million in damage, 1500 businesses impacted, one police precinct burned down.

Yay democracy !

Despicable scenes.  I sure hope those responsible were charged, and if found guilty, punished very severely.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not exactly...Black Lives Matter leadership was elevated in status....even Canadians started to drink the BLM Kool-Aid.

Bummer.  There's no justice, is there?

11 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Crying “media conspiracy” whenever the facts don’t support your bullshit is so pathetic. You don’t even try to dispute or debate the many objective facts cited in the article. 

Naturally, you've got one of your Big Tech 'fact checkers' to check the 'facts'. They never lie...well...they never lie to you, eh?

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Every conservative forum I've ever run across bans contrary opinions.  They're kinda the same as Muslim forums that way.  So conservatives have this message - "Free speech!  Free speech!  But only if its conservative"

Also, it seems that the attack on the Capitol was the tipping point.  Can you imagine if antifa, BLM or ISIS were posting on Twitter/Parler/Facebook/Instagram/Reddit pics and descriptions of themselves invading the Capitol and their plans to disrupt the inauguration how quickly these Trumpists would want them shut down on social media?  

But you know what they say: one man's terrorist is another man's patriot.

You're free to justify the Nazis.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yay democracy !

History will now show that Donald J. Trump personally came and burned your city down.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

He’s a well-known pro-Trump QAnon nut and I didn’t see anything in your link to suggest otherwise 

As always Beave when you can't contradict what I'm saying you simply accuse me of saying something else.

I never said that nut you're obsessed with wasn't Q. I said radicals from both sides appear at political events to stir things.

This masked guy trying to break windows at the Capitol Building wasn't a Trump supporter but the guys who pulled him off were.

• Like 1

You don't know that.

There were definitely instigators there. Who they were has yet to be determined. I personally doubt that ever will be.

Nevertheless you won't stop others from having opinions by posting yours as fact. 

People on the left posting their opinions as facts tend to make the right quietly ignore them and consider more radical possibilities.

For example I'm starting to think Ashli Babbitt may have been herded into a kill zone by agents of the swamp.

Come to think of it if you take Ashli Babbit out of the equation nothing much happened at the capitol building that remotely compares to what happened at the leftist riots this last summer.

Take away Ashli and the trained seal horde of the left doesn't have much if anything to pretend to be ourtraged about.

Edited by Infidel Dog

5 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

You don't know that.

There were definitely instigators there. Who they were has yet to be determined. I personally doubt that ever will be.

Nevertheless you won't stop others from having opinions by posting yours as fact. 

People on the left posting their opinions as facts tend to make the right quietly ignore them and consider more radical possibilities.

For example I'm starting to think Ashli Babbitt may have been herded into a kill zone by agents of the swamp.

Come to think of it if you take Ashli Babbit out of the equation nothing much happened at the capitol building that remotely compares to what happened at the leftist riots this last summer.

Take away Ashli and the left doesn't have much if anything to pretend to be ourtraged about.

You can't back up one word of that with evidence. Ashli Babbitt was a victim of the swamp, give me an effing break. She was in that building of her own free will. Those people broke into that building and put themselves in front of that gun, it didn't go after them.

A conspiracy theory only requires enough evidence to create a suspicion.

I'm admitting 'Ashli Babbit herded into a kill zone' is a conspiracy theory.

I'm saying these corporate leftist, media pushed outrage chants of "Nothing to see here. Don't believe your lying eyes. Pay not attention to the man behind the screen," inspire conspiracy theories.

For example when I notice trained outrage at people who notice the guys actually instigating the rush on the capitol building didn't look very Trumpy, it makes me wonder what else I'm supposed to ignore.

Like for instance, why did agents open the first gates to the capitol building and herd people through?

Why does the killing of Ashley Babbit look so much like an assassination. The agent was close enough to her to see she was just a small woman. He could have stood in front of the door. He could have pushed her back through the window. He could have waited until she dropped down and arrested her. He could have fired a warning shot.

But no he hid off in a corner about two or three feet from her and shot her through the side of the neck once he'd identified her as a target. 

And now you're outraged that I dared to notice all that, right? Not to worry its part of your training. You're supposed to react that way. Now you're supposed call out my tin foil. Go ahead. Might as well play out the script.

Edited by Infidel Dog