America under President Trump

16 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Oh yes they are, and Canada is the ONLY G7 nation without such a program.   Cheap...cheap....cheap.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-food-guide-school-food-program-1.4975302

U.S. spends more on healthcare and it gets a lot more too.

...cheap Canada gets long wait times.

Just blame Trump !

i'd back a food program. there you go. but would the other G7 countries be doing better with kids fruits and vegetables if they didn't have one?

you've never been to Canada have you... we have nothing like this here:

Image result for US slums

14 minutes ago, godzilla said:

my point does that the US simply spends too much on defense does not disappear because i've not included entitlement programs.

Possibly, but you mischaracterized what the spending actually is.  Healthcare and social security make up 50% of total spending.  Defense makes up 15%.  YOU ARE FAKE NEWS.

C050F79E-7BBA-468B-91FA-7F589B371426.png

Edited by Shady

2 minutes ago, godzilla said:

i'd back a food program. there you go. but would the other G7 countries be doing better with kids fruits and vegetables if they didn't have one?

you've never been to Canada have you... we have nothing like this here:

Sure I have....huddled masses so close to the U.S. border.

First Nations just want potable water....still don't have it.

Blame Trump !

2 minutes ago, Shady said:

Possibly, but you mischaracterized what the spending actually is.  Healthcare and social security make up 50% of total spending.  Defense makes up 15%.  YOU ARE FAKE NEWS.

C050F79E-7BBA-468B-91FA-7F589B371426.png

no i'm not.... non-discretionary spending is non-discretionary. its implied that there is more of a choice. a choice between housing and defense. a choice between transportation and defense. a choice between health care and defense.

again, the US spends more that the next 7 biggest defense spending countries on the planet! rip the numbers all you like and that doesn't change. and its all borrowed.

15 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sure I have....huddled masses so close to the U.S. border.

First Nations just want potable water....still don't have it.

Blame Trump !

you're hilarious.

first nations are definitely an issue... because we are still in a conflict over land. a big issue. and they chose how to spend the money that we give them. if they decide to build an ice rink instead of a water treatment plant? well, thats their prerogative it appears. the US just ignores first nations so... not much of an issue.

Edited by godzilla

44 minutes ago, godzilla said:

you're hilarious.

first nations are definitely an issue... because we are still in a conflict over land. a big issue. and they chose how to spend the money that we give them. if they decide to build an ice rink instead of a water treatment plant? well, thats their prerogative it appears. the US just ignores first nations so... not much of an issue.

I know.....sometimes I even crack myself up.

Still, worrying about Trump or Americans will do nothing to fix the many problems in Canada.

...but if I have learned only one thing from this forum, it is that Canada worries a lot about what happens in the United States.

Donald Trump is the president...until he isn't any more.

Then we will have another one for you to worry about.

OK, in other news...Trump wins again on his southern border battle.   

The Supreme Court on Wednesday granted an emergency request from the Trump administration to continue enforcing a policy that makes asylum seekers wait in Mexico for U.S. court hearings, despite lower court rulings that the policy probably is illegal.

The justices' order, over a dissenting vote by Justice Sonia Sotomayor, overturns a lower court order that would have blocked the policy, at least for people arriving at the border crossings in Arizona and California.

The high court action came a day before the lower court order was to have taken effect. Instead, the so-called Remain in Mexico  policy will remain in force while a lawsuit challenging it plays out in the courts.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-dc-mexico-mpp-migrants-1.5494082

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/3m-n95-masks-1.5520326

Medical device manufacturer 3M says it is under pressure from the White House to stop exporting N95 masks it currently produces in the United States to other countries, including Canada.

The Minneapolis-based company said in a press release Friday that while it welcomes the Trump administration's invocation of the Defense Production Act to compel domestic companies to produce critically needed medical infrastructure, it presents some problems, too.

Among other things, the order mandates that 3M stop making N95 masks that are destined for customers in Canada and Latin America, and instead keep them in the U.S.

Health-care workers around the world are currently facing a desperate shortage of such masks in their fight to contain the spread of the coronavirus, which causes COVID-19.

Murika First. :huh:

Just now, Shady said:

And?

Nothing. That's just crazy. 

He refuses to have a federal response to the Mask and ventilator shortage and has states bidding against each other. 

But he wants to stop exports to other nations. 

For someone who's all about Free Market and business, that's pretty commie. 

Just now, Boges said:

He refuses to have a federal response to the Mask and ventilator shortage and has states bidding against each other. 

For someone who's all about Free Market and business, that's pretty commie. 

You don't know what you're talking about as usual.

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

Fine by me....my son works for the 3M division that manufactures PPE all over the world.   They just gave him a $10,000 raise to stick around to help them count all the obscene amounts of money they are making on masks alone.   (He works in finance.)

Trump educated 3M about what "America First" means.....they got the message.

Trump is 100% creating an environment where States have to fight each other for Aid. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8144317/The-disgusting-bidding-war-states-federal-government-vital-medical-supplies.html

State and city leaders have revealed that they are having to bid against each other for crucial medical supplies like ventilators and surgical masks because Trump won't put into action the Defense Production Act which would steady prices. 

On Monday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo led a chorus of leaders asking Trump to start nationalizing the system to allow the federal government to buy the supplies then distribute them fairly to where they needed to be. 

In order to do that, Trump must tell the manufacturers behind the supplies to make what the country needs, then buy them from them and divvy them up. 

He has not yet done that, saying he does not - as the president - want to interfere with businesses and their freedoms to produce what they see fit for the market. 

On Sunday night, he said: 'We're a country not based on nationalizing our business. Call a person over in Venezuela. 

'How did nationalization of their businesses work out? Not too well.' 

And now he bans 3M from selling to Canada and Latin America? How does he square that circle? 

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

And you're providing useless commentary. Good Job! 

It's your commentary that's completely useless.  Everything you said is either a lie, or doesn't make any sense.  I've never seen somebody so inflicted with Trump Derangement Syndrome.  It's really said what you've become in this forum.  No federal response is a flatout lie.  

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Fine by me....my son works for the 3M division that manufactures PPE all over the world.   They just gave him a $10,000 raise to stick around to help them count all the obscene amounts of money they are making on masks alone.   (He works in finance.)

Trump educated 3M about what "America First" means.....they got the message.

No they didn't. They're not wanting to do what Trump is asking. 

Health-care workers around the world are currently facing a desperate shortage of such masks in their fight to contain the spread of the coronavirus, which causes COVID-19. 

"There are, however, significant humanitarian implications of ceasing respirator supplies to health-care workers in Canada and Latin America, where we are a critical supplier of respirators," the company said in a press release.

1 minute ago, Shady said:

It's your commentary that's completely useless.  Everything you said is either a lie, or doesn't make any sense.  I've never seen somebody so inflicted with Trump Derangement Syndrome.  It's really said what you've become in this forum.  No federal response is a flatout lie.  

I cited my claim. Have you? 

Just now, Boges said:

Trump is 100% creating an environment where States have to fight each other for Aid. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8144317/The-disgusting-bidding-war-states-federal-government-vital-medical-supplies.html

And now he bans 3M from selling to Canada and Latin America? How does he square that circle? 

LOL, Trump created it huh?  How so?   Trump created the free market?  Trump created a free economic system where people produce goods and services and then everyone is able to decide whether or not they wish to purchase said goods and services.  Trump created that! :lol: :lol::lol:

This shits hilarious!

Just now, Boges said:

They have no choice....or go to prison !

President Donald Trump has ordered Minnesota-based 3M to produce and sell as many medical-grade masks as the Federal Emergency Management Agency says it needs.

Trump invoked the Defense Production Act in an effort to speed up the distribution of desperately needed hospital masks.

3M CEO Mike Roman said earlier this week that the company is working closely with FEMA and is on track to double global production of N95 masks to 2 billion a year in 12 months.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/minnesota/articles/2020-04-03/the-latest-trump-orders-3m-to-meet-femas-mask-needs

Just now, Shady said:

LOL, Trump created it huh?  How so?   Trump created the free market?  Trump created a free economic system where people produce goods and services and then everyone is able to decide whether or not they wish to purchase said goods and services.  Trump created that! :lol: :lol::lol:

This shits hilarious!

He's in charge of the Federal government. They should be co-ordinating the distribution of PPE and not having states fight over it. 

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

There's a shortage because everyone in the world is ordering masks and other equipment at the same time.  And there's only so much that can be produced on a daily or weekly basis.  That's why there's shortages all over the world moron.