America under President Trump

2 hours ago, Boges said:

No.....he's pretty stupid on the public stage. 

711 was a great tragedy. The day the Slurpee died. 

Imagine if a Dem confused 911 with 711, there'd be public hearings!!!

You mean like when Obama claimed to have campaigned in all 57 states?  Being dumb isn’t being senile either.  

Edited by Shady
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rue said:

...right his twitter rants sharpen his intelligence..talk about reaching...but hey you claim you're not a Trump partisan...lol.

But you claim to be a Trump hater, so of course you think he is "senile".

He's so "senile", he managed to destroy his political rivals in 2016 and there was nothing their sharp minds could do to stop him.

...and he is still doing it, four years later.

• Like 1

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why are the Democrats and the Trump haters in Canada so worried if Trump can so easily be defeated because of his policies and rants ?

Maybe it's because they remember 2004, when they thought George W. Bush would lose too.

Yet another case of wishful thinking being a helluva of drug. Deja vu.

• Like 1

February jobs report....crushed it again:

WASHINGTON — Hiring in the United States jumped in February as employers added 273,000 positions, evidence that the job market was in strong shape before the coronavirus began to sweep through the nation.

The Labor Department said Friday that the unemployment rate fell to 3.5% last month, matching a 50-year low, down from 3.6% in January.

http://www.startribune.com/us-added-robust-273k-jobs-in-february-before-virus-escalated/568555082/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Something also tells me you wouldn't be talking about the potential negatives of incumbency if we were discussing a politician you didn't hate, with other candidates you would easily admit to incumbency being an advantage, but with Trump you can't because you are that blinded by hate.

I laugh to read a member of the Trump cult accusing me of being blind. And I don't particularly hate Trump, I just have a vast contempt for him and everyone who supports him.

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

In 2016 the Democrats got to run against an imaginary Trump presidency that never happened and pretended he would be Literally Hitler

No one pretended he would be Hitler. I don't think had  exhibited his tremendous affection and respect for brutal, murderous dictators at that point in time. That arose only after he became president. He became the first one to express his dislike and contempt for almost all America's allies and his deep love and respect for all America's enemies.

People merely thought he was an ignorant buffoon and would make a terrible president. They were right. Although they underestimated just how deep his ignorance was about almost every facet of life.

22 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

But you claim to be a Trump hater, so of course you think he is "senile".

He's so "senile", he managed to destroy his political rivals in 2016 and there was nothing their sharp minds could do to stop him.

...and he is still doing it, four years later.

As Trump himself said "I love the poorly educated!"

Nuclear Hitler to be exact. He was going to start WWIII if America let him get his finger on "the button" because he'd get angry and overreact with nukes, all while deporting en masse and throwing Mexicans and Muslims into concentration camps. If you didn't hear any of that, it's because you weren't paying attention. 

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

No one pretended he would be Hitler. I don't think had  exhibited his tremendous affection and respect for brutal, murderous dictators at that point in time. That arose only after he became president. He became the first one to express his dislike and contempt for almost all America's allies and his deep love and respect for all America's enemies.

Lots of Americans have contempt for Americas deadbeat NATO allies...long before Trump.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Argus said:

I laugh to read a member of the Trump cult accusing me of being blind. And I don't particularly hate Trump, I just have a vast contempt for him and everyone who supports him.

Relax...you are in Canada, remember ? 

What does it matter to you ?    Americans will choose their president...again...same as always.

Trump is just another American president.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 8:53 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Lots of Americans have contempt for Americas deadbeat NATO allies...long before Trump.

you keep bringing this up and its complete bullshit. America can go fund NATO all it likes to the tune of half of all world military spending. go ahead. throw your money at the US military industrial complex. money that could be used for health care, day care, maternity leave, seniors care, roads, water, sewage, national debt repayment, tax breaks, free pop-cycles... you name it. but no, gotta keep that war machine that never gets used going. oh, and by the way... you don't pay for it do you? you borrow it!

hey, what about "no more wars"? that means there's no need to be spending such obscene money on stupid shit right? seriously, its like some trailer trash dad whose children go shoe-less and borrows money for guns. hahaha!

Edited by godzilla

1 minute ago, godzilla said:

you keep bringing this up and its complete bullshit. America can go fund NATO all it likes to the tune of half of all world military spending. go ahead. throw your money at the US military industrial complex. money that could be used for health care, day care, maternity leave, seniors care, roads, water, sewage, national debt repayment, tax breaks, free pop-cycles... you name it. but no, gotta keep that war machine that never gets used going.

The money is used for all of those things and a lot more.   That's why Canada has to partner with NASA...can't afford a decent space program (last in OECD).

hey, what about "no more wars"? that means there's no need to be spending such obscene money on stupid shit right? seriously, its like some trailer trash dad who spends half the family income on guns while his children go shoe-less. hahaha!

If you want peace...prepare for war.   Canada loves those defense contracts.

General Dynamics Land Systems in London Ontario is an American corporation.

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The money is used for all of those things and a lot more.   That's why Canada has to partner with NASA...can't afford a decent space program (last in OECD).

you lost me. no, its not used for "those things". its used for over priced guns and tanks and rocket launchers and $500 million dollar airplanes that never fly... and exotic sports cars and private islands for those who provide those things.

and what the fuck has the space program have to do with it? Canadians could care less about a space program. let me think... free health care, space program, free health care, space program... free health care!

and sure, we'll siphon off some of that sweet stupid cash and listen politely while you guys complain about us not borrowing our fair share. lovin it! :D

Edited by godzilla

1 minute ago, godzilla said:

you lost me. no, its not used for "those things". its used for over priced guns and tanks and rocket launchers and $500 million dollar airplanes that never fly... and exotic sports cars and private islands for those who provide those things.

Google U.S. federal budget....oh remember that Google is American too.

and what the fuck has the space program have to do with it? Canadians could care less about a space program.

and sure, we'll siphon off some of that sweet stupid cash and listen politely while you guys complain about us not borrowing our fair share. lovin it! :D

Because Canada has to....Canada is the only G7/industrialized nation without a federal school food program.

Canada is cheap...always has been.

oh i can use Google... 52% of discretionary spending goes to defense! wtf! 52%!

The United States spends more on defense than the next seven countries combined.

must be getting ready for a war with those seven countries.

we don't have a federal school food program because our children aren't starving!

The United States performs poorly in the child equality rankings.

are we cheap? or just fiscally conservative? cause fiscal conservatism in the US is a joke!

4 minutes ago, godzilla said:

oh i can use Google... 52% of discretionary spending goes to defense! wtf! 52%!

Majority of the budget is not discretionary...nice try !

are we cheap? or just fiscally conservative? cause fiscal conservatism in the US is a joke!

Cheap as hell.   Canadians are known around the world as cheapskates.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Majority of the budget is not discretionary...nice try !

Cheap as hell.   Canadians are know around the world as cheapskates.

Image result for us discretionary spending 2019

thats 52% thats not going to all of the things on the right.

being "cheapskates" on transportation, education, veterans, housing, health, foreign affairs, law enforcement etc etc..

Just now, godzilla said:

being "cheapskates" on transportation, education, veterans, housing, health, foreign affairs, law enforcement etc etc..

Still spending far more than Canada, which is so goddamn cheap it has no federal school food programs.

U.S. has twice as many hospital beds per capita than Canada....pretty handy when a pandemic hits.

Cheapskate Canada had patients in the hallways even before the virus happened.     Cheap as hell !!!

6 minutes ago, godzilla said:

again, our children aren't starving. in fact, what we are trying to get going at the moment is a national child care program... not a school food program. because we don't need one.

Oh yes they are, and Canada is the ONLY G7 nation without such a program.   Cheap...cheap....cheap.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-food-guide-school-food-program-1.4975302

U.S. spends more on healthcare and it gets a lot more too.

...cheap Canada gets long wait times.

Just blame Trump !

Edited by bush_cheney2004

18 minutes ago, godzilla said:

Image result for us discretionary spending 2019

thats 52% thats not going to all of the things on the right.

That’s incorrect.  You’re not including non-discretionary spending.  Why not?  Non-discretionary spending makes up most of the budget.  All entitlement programs such as Medicare and social security are non-discretionary mandatory spending which completely dwarf defence spending.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shady said:

That’s incorrect.  You’re not including non-discretionary spending.  Why not?  Non-discretionary spending makes up most of the budget.  All entitlement programs such as Medicare and social security are non-discretionary mandatory spending which completely dwarf defence spending.   

my point does that the US simply spends too much on defense does not disappear because i've not included entitlement programs.