What improvements would you like to see in this discussion forum?

Greg

The sex and gender issues forum should be renamed sex, gender issues and social justice, because it is difficult to discuss sex and gender issues without discussing social justice. That is what 3rd wave 'feminism' is all about (intersectionality).

• 2 weeks later...

I am new and I have responded to quite a few topics over the past weeks. I can't find my posts and don't know why. If their is a process that removes posts I think the person should be told why it has happened. I am not sure if this is a forum closed to certain people but maybe an email of introduction and explaining the censorship and moderator process would help.

I am new and I have responded to quite a few topics over the past weeks. I can't find my posts and don't know why.

Open up your own profile. On the left side of the screen, there should be a vertical menu that appears thusly:

LittleGuy1's Photo

Overview

Profile Feed

Friends

Topics

Click on the last one and it will display your posts. In the top right corner of that following page, there should be a vertical menu with the following "Add as Friend" and "Send me a message" and "Find Content" buttons. Depress that the last "Find Content" button and you should get a new screen which gives you more sorting and display options.

If their is a process that removes posts I think the person should be told why it has happened. I am not sure if this is a forum closed to certain people but maybe an email of introduction and explaining the censorship and moderator process would help.

If we take down a post, we usually send a message explaining why. Lately, we have not been doing that if the post is indesputably and 100% trolling. In simple terms, if there is no hint of addressing the topic of discussion and we have to explain why stupid is stupid, we do not bother sending a message.

I am signed in on my smart phone and it's not very mobile friendly at all. Can we work on getting this working more favourably for us mobile workers? It's very frustrating for me to post and I'm sure it is for other mobile users. I post stuff and then I lose it. I would rather walk away then try and have to post it again. Can we fix that?

Can we fix that?

Hi WCR, I don't have an answer but I feel the need to point out: the software for this forum is open-source, and not maintained by anybody here. It's "out there" on the web somewhere, and there are people smarter than us who design it. I don't really like the phone experience that much, but you shouldn't be losing posts. You can only do the basic stuff on mobile.