What improvements would you like to see in this discussion forum?

Greg

Right, so you believe that women don't care about politics? Is that your belief? And why would you care that I said they were and why would you question it?

I didn't (and don't care). I simply happened upon the article earlier in life, and I don't forget much of anything. You seem to care a lot about something that really doesn't matter.

I didn't (and don't care). I simply happened upon the article earlier in life, and I don't forget much of anything. You seem to care a lot about something that really doesn't matter.

You happened upon the article earlier in life and yet you referenced it recently? How convenient of you.

Why would I care about something that doesn't really matter? You need to get your facts together before you challenge me.

I dont agree with your narrow minded attitude.

You actually do. It's happened several times, you just never seem to realize it. I also don't see how open discussion involving everyone is closed minded.

You happened upon the article earlier in life and yet you referenced it recently? How convenient of you.

I have tha ability to remember things from the past and reference them in the present. I'll probably do the same in the future. I apologize if this is confusing.

I'm pretty sure you have no idea of what OGFT is referring to. But nice try.

I'm pretty sure, given his response and your's, that neither of you know what I said...or even that he agreed.

Why would I care about something that doesn't really matter? You need to get your facts together before you challenge me.

I don't know. You'll have to figure that out. Why you'd want to bring people who don't care about politics to a political forum is beyond me. It doesn't encourage good political discussion. You can't create artificial demand for something like this.

You actually do. It's happened several times, you just never seem to realize it. I also don't see how open discussion involving everyone is closed minded.

I have tha ability to remember things from the past and reference them in the present. I'll probably do the same in the future. I apologize if this is confusing.

I'm pretty sure, given his response and your's, that neither of you know what I said...or even that he agreed.

I don't know. You'll have to figure that out. Why you'd want to bring people who don't care about politics to a political forum is beyond me. It doesn't encourage good political discussion. You can't create artificial demand for something like this.

Apparently your understanding of what was being said went seriously off the rails there somewhere.

Seriously, why would I give a dam what you think. You are a 30 something year old. You have no idea what us women have gone through to get where we are. I seriously wish that you would offer serious contemplation to this conversation. You are up against seasoned women.

Apparently your understanding of what was being said went seriously off the rails there somewhere.

I think I understand what I was saying better than you.

Seriously, why would I give a dam what you think. You are a 30 something year old. You have no idea what us women have gone through to get where we are. I seriously wish that you would offer serious contemplation to this conversation. You are up against seasoned women.

I'm 25. Ageism on your part is irrelevant.

I was referring to what I was saying. You totally issed it if you thought I was agreeing with you.

You said something that was an important part of what I was saying. I know you were trying to use anecdotal evidence to say that women are in fact interested in politics when I said the contrary (of course there are women - and many - who are interested in politics, just not as many as there are men, according to research), but agreed that each person who is interested in politics and wants to discuss it should be judged on their own merits on each issue. Gender should be irrelevant.

I'm quite sure it's not irrelevant.

Then you're just a closed minded bigot and I can't help you.

You said something that was an important part of what I was saying. I know you were trying to use anecdotal evidence to say that women are in fact interested in politics when I said the contrary (of course there are women - and many - who are interested in politics, just not as many as there are men, according to research), but agreed that each person who is interested in politics and wants to discuss it should be judged on their own merits on each issue. Gender should be irrelevant.

Then you're just a closed minded bigot and I can't help you.

Right, I'm a closed minded bigot concerned with women's rights. I sincerely hope you can't help me.

Why you'd want to bring people who don't care about politics to a political forum is beyond me. It doesn't encourage good political discussion. You can't create artificial demand for something like this.

This is an important point, that is echoed in many other places. I see it a lot at the gym. My daughter and I both train Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and the topic always comes up that we need to find ways to get more women to train martial arts. My answer is always "why?". We need people who are interested in the sport to come, sure. But what gender they are is irrelevant. Some want to change the conditions and culture both at the gym and of the sport in general to make it more "female friendly". In doing so, they are alienating the people (male and female) who already like it for what it is, AND people who are not interested still don't want to come. You can't make people like something they don't, and you shouldn't take things that others do like away from them. Let people do what they want to do where they want to do it.

Edited by Bryan

This is an important point, that is echoed in many other places. I see it a lot at the gym. My daughter and I both train Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and the topic always comes up that we need to find ways to get more women to train martial arts. My answer is always "why?". We need people who are interested in the sport to come, sure. But what gender they are is irrelevant. Some want to change the conditions and culture boith at the gym and of the sport in general to make it more "female friendly". In doing so, they are alienating the people (make and female) who already like it for what it is, AND people who are not interested still don't want to come. You can't make people like something they don't, and you shouldn't take things that others do like away from them. Let people do what they want to do where they want to do it.

OMG, you are kidding me right! Please explain to me why women aren't attracted to this site?

Edited by WestCoastRunner