Jump to content

What evidence is there to support Canada being 'systemically racist'?


Recommended Posts

I hear it from Trudeau and all sorts of others on the political Left. It looks like most of those on the political Right are just shrugging and saying 'whatever' because otherwise the media, academics, activists and the like all will start screaming about how they're racist. It's more than your job is worth in a lot of places to disagree or even express doubt about systemic racism, but examples seem few and far between and mostly consist of statistical discrepancies between groups. Correlation, however, is not causation.

And no, I'm not talking about discrimination practiced by government, the justice system or corporations against White people.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great question.

1. The Charter of Rights makes discrimination illegal.

2. Each province has their own human rights code so federally and provincially there is no systemic racism as it explicitly illegal

3. In 2022, there are no laws or rules or policies that are racist

 

The media, the government, and social justice warriors are like Ghostbusters looking for invisible racism. It doesn't exist.

 

When it does "exist " it is a hoax like Subban and the muscle flexing that ruined someone's life.

 

Can anyone radical left wing Ghostbuster name a single law in Canada in 2022 as racist?

 

Employment- Asians outearn whites... significantly. Look at third generation Japanese and Korean males. A third generation Korean makes 1.54 to a white dollar

 

Incarnation...Asians are 20% of population but 6% of incarcerated rate.

 

 

The only systemic racism is in favor of indigenous and black people.

 

Black business programs

Black housing programs

University entrance programs to make it earlier for black students

 

That's the only systemic racism in Canada.

Edited by Bill67
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

And no, I'm not talking about discrimination practiced by government, the justice system or corporations against White people.

?

You don't need anyone here to explain it to you.  If you actually wanted the evidence you'd just type "Examples of Systemic Racism" in Canada.  The first thing that will pop up is the residential school system. 

This thread is just another place for you to rant about the "others" and about how downtrodden all us poor white people are.   

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

?The first thing that will pop up is the residential school system. 

 

Residential schools? In 2022? What a poor factless argument. You are someone who Google's and takes the top hit as your answer with no depth or context or investigation.

 

" Google told me so...."

 

What percentage of the population today in 2022 can claim residential schools impact their life today? Let's talk 2022.

 

Let's use data.

Where is the data to show disparity that can be attributed to systemic Racism? Stats please.

 

History is history. 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

?

You don't need anyone here to explain it to you.  If you actually wanted the evidence you'd just type "Examples of Systemic Racism" in Canada.  The first thing that will pop up is the residential school system. 

This thread is just another place for you to rant about the "others" and about how downtrodden all us poor white people are.   

Exactly.  IOW "I'm looking for a fight please..."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

?

You don't need anyone here to explain it to you.  If you actually wanted the evidence you'd just type "Examples of Systemic Racism" in Canada.  The first thing that will pop up is the residential school system. 

This thread is just another place for you to rant about the "others" and about how downtrodden all us poor white people are.   

The only systemic racism that exists now is affirmative action which gives people jobs based on the colour of their skin

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Moonbox said:

?

You don't need anyone here to explain it to you.  If you actually wanted the evidence you'd just type "Examples of Systemic Racism" in Canada.  The first thing that will pop up is the residential school system. 

This thread is just another place for you to rant about the "others" and about how downtrodden all us poor white people are.   

I'm not saying that there is not racism in Canada, Racism is global problem. Residential schools are a very good example, but does it mean our entire country, and all of its policies are racist, that there are not any programs offered strictly for people of color or indigenous people. That our entire country and all of her laws and policies are designed to keep people of color and indigenous people down and to promote White or whiteness only... I would say that's stretching it a bit much. I could show you dozens of programs designed to help nonwhite people. 

Not only have we painted every white person in Canada has a racist, but we have also painted the rest of Canadians as disadvantaged in some way done deliberately...Like i said residential schools a perfect example, but how does that make todays Canada Systemic racist. Maybe we could say there were times when Canada was racist. And yet today white Canadians are paying for our ancestor's mistakes. Frankly i don't need help with being called names or accused of doing things that were distasteful like going to war... but i don't need this generation to tell me all my ancestors' faults are now mine as well.  I'm sure if you go back far enough there are skeletons in my family tree one would hope to learn from them and move on, which we can't seem to do just yet.

I used UBC examples becasue they are perhaps the most woke university on the planet. 

 

Quote

 

What is systematic racism?

Systemic racism, also known as institutional racism, refers to the ways that whiteness and white superiority become embedded in the policies and processes of an institution, resulting in a system that advantages white people and disadvantages BIPOC/IBPOC, notably in employment, education, justice, and social participation.

Systemic racism in Canada

In a settler colonial state like Canada, systemic racism is deeply rooted in every system of this country. This means the systems put in place were designed to benefit white colonists while disadvantaging the Indigenous populations who had lived here prior to colonialism. This power dynamic continues to be upheld and reinforced in our society, extending its impact on new racialized citizens.

According to a 2016 report from Statistics Canada, both Black women and men were less likely to obtain post-secondary education compared to women and men in the rest of the population in Vancouver, with a difference of about 10%. And the unemployment rate for the Black population was approximately one and a half times higher than that for rest of the population. In terms of socioeconomic impact of COVID-19, around one-quarter of Indigenous people living in Canadian urban areas were in poverty, compared to 13% of non-Indigenous population in these areas.

 

Systemic racism: What it looks like in Canada and how to fight it?   | VPFO | UBC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Jeez don't even know what it is and they want examples.

Go ask anyone who isn't white. Anyone at all. Try the first native woman you run into.

I don't have to ask, but the person wants you to name one policy or law that we have currently have that is racist, designed benefit white people only. I say that becasue in the past there was defiantly examples of systematic racism.

And perhaps we have learned from the past and have corrected those mistakes. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, herbie said:

 

Go ask anyone who isn't white. Anyone at all. Try the first native woman you run into.

Okay. I will ask an indigenous woman to tell me how no taxes, free education, every company in Canada dreaming of having that hiring box ticked, and so many programs available about systemic racism. 

Name a law or policy in Canada in 2022 that is racist.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I don't have to ask, but the person wants you to name one policy or law that we have currently have that is racist, designed benefit white people only. I say that becasue in the past there was defiantly examples of systematic racism.

And perhaps we have learned from the past and have corrected those mistakes. 

In the case of First Nations this is a process that will take years and probably a couple of generations to correct. It's not going to be matter of simply saying ah-ha we finally got the last system.  Don't be surprised if it means reopening our Constitution to amendment.

Most of us will likely be long dead and gone...don't take it so personally...let it go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The system is racist in that things are too expensive, making them unattainable by the poor, the majority of whom are blacks /visible minorities. 

They can’t buy no Patek Phillipe.

That’s exactly right.  The woke religion of race is a distraction from the obstacles that the elites (black, white, male, female, etc.) put in front of the workers they exploit.  What’s particularly disgusting is the way that educated leftists hide behind the most current iteration of progressive language.  This is how language is often used as a tool of oppression today. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bill67 said:

Okay. I will ask an indigenous woman to tell me how no taxes, free education, every company in Canada dreaming of having that hiring box ticked, and so many programs available about systemic racism. 

Name a law or policy in Canada in 2022 that is racist.

 

 

What matters to the woke inquisitors is the admission of racism, whether or not it still exists.  Public shame is what matters to them, whether or not someone is actually racist.  It also sets up a dichotomy between the supposedly pure and the biased, as though most people are easily divided between these two categories.  Again though, the overriding story is guilt by virtue of colour, as though white privilege still has such currency.  Also, in many communities 40 years ago where almost everyone was white, it wasn’t a matter of privilege; it was just being a citizen.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, West said:

The only systemic racism that exists now is affirmative action which gives people jobs based on the colour of their skin

That's the ONLY systemic racism now?  Oh boy wow!  Great to hear!  Someone tell all of the Indigenous in Canada that everything's been sorted out by Mr. West!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I'm not saying that there is not racism in Canada, Racism is global problem. Residential schools are a very good example, but does it mean our entire country, and all of its policies are racist, that there are not any programs offered strictly for people of color or indigenous people. That our entire country and all of her laws and policies are designed to keep people of color and indigenous people down and to promote White or whiteness only... I would say that's stretching it a bit much. I could show you dozens of programs designed to help nonwhite people. 

Nobody's actually saying that though.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, I am Groot said:

I hear it from Trudeau and all sorts of others on the political Left. It looks like most of those on the political Right are just shrugging and saying 'whatever' because otherwise the media, academics, activists and the like all will start screaming about how they're racist. It's more than your job is worth in a lot of places to disagree or even express doubt about systemic racism, but examples seem few and far between and mostly consist of statistical discrepancies between groups. Correlation, however, is not causation.

And no, I'm not talking about discrimination practiced by government, the justice system or corporations against White people.

I would suggest that a new puritanical religion has swept into power across the entire Western world

this religion takes it on faith that all Western countries are "systemically racist" to include Canada

there is no sense in attempting to argue with religion

thus you are engaging in a fool's errand

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, herbie said:

Jeez don't even know what it is and they want examples.

Go ask anyone who isn't white. Anyone at all. Try the first native woman you run into.

I've done just that. Would you like to know what the answer was?

You wouldn't like it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Not the slightest.

I did answer it but you don't seem to like the answer. 

Quote

Indignant white guys demanding what evidence is there to support Canada being 'systemically racist'?

That's your answer? Oh dear oh dear...ummm...do yourself a favour and hold you mommy's hand when crossing the street.

Just a piece of friendly advice.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Moonbox said:

That's the ONLY systemic racism now?  Oh boy wow!  Great to hear!  Someone tell all of the Indigenous in Canada that everything's been sorted out by Mr. West!

Yup.. certainly seems overtly racist to pass over someone for a job because they aren't brown. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,763
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    RevolutionPartyofCanada
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...