What evidence is there to support Canada being 'systemically racist'?

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

indignant and sh*tty that is... somebody told them that not taking accountability and not caring about people is really cool...

Yes... the skin colour means we are responsible for Liberal policy of residential schools. Because lumping all white people together based on the characteristic of their skin colour isn't racist... it's anti racist ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

but that's...the only systemic racism in Canada?  ? 

Provide a current example of systemic racism in Canada.  The only examples I see are “racialized-only” job postings and EDI point systems that discredit white people on the basis of the colour of their skin.  The problem is that if you try to go to the provincial human rights tribunal or even the courts, they are stacked with radical left ideologues who apply different standards of treatment to different people based on skin colour/race.  It’s racist but white people deserve to be mistreated.  It’s not about individual accountability anymore.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Moonbox said:

?

You don't need anyone here to explain it to you.  If you actually wanted the evidence you'd just type "Examples of Systemic Racism" in Canada.  The first thing that will pop up is the residential school system. 

I had to check my calendar to be sure. It does seem we're in the year 2022. There are no residential schools in Canada.

Care to try again?

18 hours ago, Moonbox said:

This thread is just another place for you to rant about the "others" and about how downtrodden all us poor white people are.   

Since I explicitly wrote that I wasn't interested in reverse racism cases you're either too ignorant to comprehend plainly written words, or too filled with raging fanaticism to accept it. 

16 hours ago, herbie said:

Jeez don't even know what it is and they want examples.

Go ask anyone who isn't white. Anyone at all. Try the first native woman you run into.

And you are the third individual  (I must presume you are individuals) certain of its existence but without any example to bring to the table.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

indignant and sh*tty that is... somebody told them that not taking accountability and not caring about people is really cool...

Are you speaking about me?

This is a forum to discuss political issues. Yet it seems even asking for an example of something causes the hackles of certain people to rise to the point all they can do is fulminate and issue sanctimonious proclamations about the suspected motivation of whoever dares question them.

It is like certain policy beliefs have reached the level of religious devotion among some people, and anyone daring to even question - not even disagree - but just question them or ask for evidence is committing blasphemy.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I had to check my calendar to be sure. It does seem we're in the year 2022. There are no residential schools in Canada.

Care to try again?

So there were no long-term consequences for it.  Gotcha.  ?

24 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Since I explicitly wrote that I wasn't interested in reverse racism cases you're either too ignorant to comprehend plainly written words, or too filled with raging fanaticism to accept it. 

Captain Projection is back folks!  You're the one starting threads about this, not me. ?

The fact that you started a thread to whine about the idea of "systemic racism" in Canada means that you obviously have a problem with it.  If you're not interested in talking about "reverse racism", then what exactly is your problem with claims of the "systemic" version?  

1 hour ago, West said:

I'd say so. I can't think of any other policy that's overtly racist at this point. Can you?

And that's the one question they will not even attempt to answer.

"RACISM" has been turned into a club. Like the accusation of "NAZI", these Libbies have nothing but accusations up their sleeves and apparently...even less in their heads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Provide a current example of systemic racism in Canada.  The only examples I see are “racialized-only” job postings and EDI point systems that discredit white people on the basis of the colour of their skin.  The problem is that if you try to go to the provincial human rights tribunal or even the courts, they are stacked with radical left ideologues who apply different standards of treatment to different people based on skin colour/race.  It’s racist but white people deserve to be mistreated.  It’s not about individual accountability anymore.  

I have long complained about race-based hiring in Canada, especially in public-facing positions with lots of interaction with citizens.  The last 3 times I've called CRA, I couldn't understand a damn thing the person on the other end of the line was saying.  I get that part. 

It's dumb to say there's no systemic racism in Canada though.  I don't think you guys really understand what it means.  You're looking for overt examples of racism or something.  You could just go and look at how the average 3rd generation black Canadian makes ~35% less than non-visible minorities.  Trying explaining that without saying something really dumb.  

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/five-charts-that-show-what-systemic-racism-looks-like-in-canada-1.4970352?cache=%3FclipId%3D86116%3FcontactForm%3Dtrue

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It started with simple bleating about having to pay for it. As for the angst from having to suffer bleeding hearts...conservatives everywhere in the universe get that. Cry me a river.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

So there were no long-term consequences for it.  Gotcha.  ?

Captain Projection is back folks!  You're the one starting threads about this, not me. ?

You remain an angry, immature person.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

The fact that you started a thread to whine about the idea of "systemic racism" in Canada means that you obviously have a problem with it.  

I didn't whine. I spoke of how it seemed to be in vogue for the politicians to talk about its evils but that no one had yet shown any present day examples. 

And so far none of you has been able to do so. Instead all I've received is indignation that I would dare ask for any.

Edited by I am Groot

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

And the fourth individual confident of the existence of something they are unable to provide examples of.

I'm quite serious. People like you are directly responsible for keeping progress to a slow crawl. You're simply another barking sealion asking stupid questions that have been asked and answered a thousand times and ways.

Unfortunately politicians and governments are easily distracted by sealions and often pause to listen which slows things down.

Like I said it'll take generations.

18 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

You remain an angry, immature person.

and you're projecting your own insecurity.  ?

18 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I didn't whine. I spoke of how it seemed to be in vogue for the politicians to talk about its evils but that no one had yet shown any present day examples. 

I already did.  Scroll up.  

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

1. Are you speaking about me?

2. This is a forum to discuss political issues. Yet it seems even asking for an example of something causes the hackles of certain people to rise to the point all they can do is fulminate and issue sanctimonious proclamations about the suspected motivation of whoever dares question them.

3. It is like certain policy beliefs have reached the level of religious devotion among some people, and anyone daring to even question - not even disagree - but just question them or ask for evidence is committing blasphemy.

1. Not specifically

2. I suppose.  It's a pretty broad question, and mea culpa I didn't recognize that you posted it and so I gave a flippant answer.

3. Yes this is true... but did you look into this question before asking us?

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I'm quite serious. People like you are directly responsible for keeping progress to a slow crawl.

Maybe we don't see dividing everyone along racial lines is so much progress as it is regression. We have segregation again! Only this time it's the proponents of equity arranging it!

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

You're simply another barking sealion asking stupid questions that have been asked and answered a thousand times and ways.

And yet, you can't answer it now.

Edited by I am Groot