Conservative Leadership September 10th

23 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Until the Conservative party gets serious about returning to the idea of good government, the Trudeau dynasty will continue. I have always supported Mr. Charest and it is telling that when the Quebec Liberal Party was looking for a leader to defeat the separatists, they turned to Mr. Charest, the federal leader of the Conservative party. That is how much respect people have for him. 

except he governed like a liberal.

19 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Wow, I didn't see this until now... Leadership campaign isn't even over and Poilievre has been called unfit for p.m. by the National Post.

This is because he vowed to fire the governor of the Bank of Canada of course.  It'll be interesting to see where this goes but if the National Post and Globe and mail don't support him, then that says something.

National Post: Kelly McParland: Pierre Poilievre is too big a risk to lead the Conservatives.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kelly-mcparland-pierre-poilievre-is-too-big-a-risk-to-lead-the-conservatives

Central banking is the epitome of Keynsian p

19 hours ago, PIK said:

He can beat Trudeau.  Only one that looked like a leader last night. But Aitchison also sounded good. Maybe a dark horse.  At the start I was pushing for PP, but not now.

so what, Trudeau will beat Trudeau

17 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Trumpism.  If you don't support him, you aren't pure.  So ridiculous.

We don't need cults.  If the NP doesn't like you, it might be because you have a flaw.  It's not because the NP is Libbie.

Yeah the NP took a hard left once Black was out.  

On 5/12/2022 at 4:29 PM, Infidel Dog said:

They want to gift us with Charest. Just say no. 

The Cabal knows Trudeau’s days as leader are numbered, and the Liberal brand has become unelectable because of what he did.

So they are now seeking to take over the conservative nomination process, in order to place someone under their control.  Proof?  The Canadian Conservative party has now disqualified 3 applicants for the leadership contest, all for non existent reasons.

All 3 of these applicants would be competing directly with Poilievre.  Also, his wife is refusing to disclose her finances to the party, and has apparently lawyered up.  The CPC is letting this slide.

it’s obvious that they are protecting their favourite, and they have become corrupt.

6 hours ago, sharkman said:

The Cabal knows Trudeau’s days as leader are numbered, and the Liberal brand has become unelectable because of what he did.

So they are now seeking to take over the conservative nomination process, in order to place someone under their control.  Proof?  The Canadian Conservative party has now disqualified 3 applicants for the leadership contest, all for non existent reasons.

All 3 of these applicants would be competing directly with Poilievre.  Also, his wife is refusing to disclose her finances to the party, and has apparently lawyered up.  The CPC is letting this slide.

it’s obvious that they are protecting their favourite, and they have become corrupt.

Most people are afraid to say what they know to be true because they worry about their jobs and reputations in this age of woke and green purity inquisitions.  Individual rights, private property, family, and merit are under attack.  We’re watching our cost of living go through the roof because radical ideologues decided that the energy we need to survive should be heavily taxed and that they should throw our tax dollars at their woke-green causes.  The Bank of Canada has backstopped this special interest spending spree.

Polievre is trying to kick these ideologues out of the Bank and out of government.  He’s the only CPC candidates who has the intellect and enough popular support to actually remove the radicals who are trying to eliminate rights and lower living standards for citizens.  If they could take down Polievre they would.  The MSM, especially the usual state-funded suspects, are doing a full-court press against Polievre right now.  The goal is to ensure that the Conservatives are the same as Liberals and divide the party so the Liberals can retain power.  The Liberal Party of Canada is the internationally approved party. The CPC won’t be supported unless it makes clear that there will no challenges to international consensus policies like the UN “sustainability goals”, UNDRIP, the Paris Agreement, Great Reset, digital ID, etc.   Even after the freezing of bank accounts, imposition of the Emergencies Act, maintenance of federal vax digital passports/ID, and other violations of Charter rights, the majority of Canadians believe the Trudeau and state media take that people who oppose these violations are racist-fringe-misogynist with unacceptable views.

Canada probably isn’t a democracy anymore because there’s barely a free press and government has handed the authority for policy to unelected international organizations like the WEF. I don’t know if Canada can get its sovereignty back.  When bills like C-11 get enacted, it will be hard to criticize government without censorship.  Basically we’re on the way to a Chinese-style social credit system.

Does anyone really think any CPC leader can stop this?  I’m doubtful.  Lewis is called too socially conservative.  Polievre is called too harsh. The reality is that our society is too radical left and needs correcting.  The youth are confused and the Canadian way of life that we enjoyed of high living standards and freedom is under attack by our own government.

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Does anyone really think any CPC leader can stop this?  I’m doubtful.  Lewis is called too socially conservative.  Polievre is called too harsh. The reality is that our society is too radical left and needs correcting.  The youth are confused and the Canadian way of life that we enjoyed of high living standards and freedom is under attack by our own government.

I think the only way the right wing in Canada will ever correct our society and replace it with one more to its liking is through violent overthrow of the left.  You'd probably be better off just migrating somewhere new.  Maybe you could convince the Red States that you're actually refugees.

Edited by eyeball

48 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I think the only way the right wing in Canada will ever correct our society and replace it with one more to its liking is through violent overthrow of the left.  You'd probably be better off just migrating somewhere new.  Maybe you could convince the Red States that you're actually refugees.

You are blind to what’s going on in Canada and the world.  That’s okay, by summer you’ll be screaming bloody murder.  

51 minutes ago, sharkman said:

You are blind to what’s going on in Canada and the world.  That’s okay, by summer you’ll be screaming bloody murder.  

Screaming about what exactly? If it involves what passes for conservative angst these days I'll probably be laughing my ass off.

• Like 1

To win, Poilievre would have to convince many Canadians that the federal PM doesn't care.

Justin Trudeau (or rather Gerald Butts) has convinced about 30% of Canadian voters that he cares about them. As Trudeau Jnr says. "We have your back."

Poilievre would have to convince these Canadian voters that this is obviously a fraud. (In Quebec and in Alberta, this is easier.)

Charest has an easier task: He merely has to show that he is good at what he does - like a good lawyer. 

On 5/12/2022 at 11:17 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Watched most of the leaders debate. I was surprisingly most impressed with Pierre.  *Shudder*.

And I watched Pierre for 5 minutes, which left no doubts in me, he is a weasel evading the question asked of him.

Edited by cougar
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, West said:

What is it with Conservatives tripping all over themselves to denounce "racism"?. They play the sick liberal game. Pretty pathetic 

I think it's because the party realizes just how pathetic the base is at denouncing racism and wish it would just stfu.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Does anyone on here actually think racism is okay?   

Maybe ?  I don't know... if denouncing it is "sick" then maybe that says somebody thinks it's ok ?  

I'm not sure.  I do think that a guy who wears blackface shouldn't be the person who defines morality in this area - whether you are Liberal or Conservative.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Maybe ?  I don't know... if denouncing it is "sick" then maybe that says somebody thinks it's ok ?  

I'm not sure.  I do think that a guy who wears blackface shouldn't be the person who defines morality in this area - whether you are Liberal or Conservative.

I think he means that it’s disgusting when people play politics with race by accusing people of racism without a credible reason in order to defame someone’s character.  Ironically, our leader who wears blackface has played politics this way.  

On 5/14/2022 at 1:05 PM, eyeball said:

I was just thinking of bribing all the left ( liberals, NDP, Green)to get on large ships for free all-inclusive cruises "the left likes free things" and then drop them off in some other country or Antarctica,  Hey, it is not like it has not been done already in our history. we'll call it the purge, make it a national holiday... somewhere in the future, we will just say sorry we do it for everything else...