Is the current occupation of Ottawa and the "freedom" convoys all American, Trump-inspired?

It was reported in the media that Trump had some harsh words about Trudeau lately and threw his support behind the convoys and occupation of Ottawa.

A lot of the money donated to Go Fund Me for this came from anonymous foreign sources, some of which were donations over $30,000.  Could this money be coming from American Trumpsters?

Donald Trump Called Trudeau A 'Far Left Lunatic' Who 'Destroyed' Canada With COVID-19 Mandates (msn.com)

Ottawa protest battle lines harden on both sides amid concerns chance for peaceful end has passed (msn.com)

Edited by blackbird
  • Haha 1

The convoy represents a massive national and worldwide opposition to the arbitrary and unwarranted suspension of rights and freedoms.  In Canada these are enshrined in our Charter.  In the US they’re in the Bill of Rights.  Some will try to politicize, but all democratic parties should protect constitutional rights from government overreach. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

It was reported in the media that Trump had some harsh words about Trudeau lately and threw his support behind the convoys and occupation of Ottawa.

A lot of the money donated to Go Fund Me for this came from anonymous foreign sources, some of which were donations over $30,000.  Could this money be coming from American Trumpsters?

Ottawa protest battle lines harden on both sides amid concerns chance for peaceful end has passed (msn.com)

Ahhh...there it is.

That overwhelming Libbie affliction of TDS.

Can we develop a jab for these poor frightened folks. It all must really hurt...their poor feelings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

The convoy represents a massive national and worldwide opposition to the arbitrary and unwarranted suspension of rights and freedoms.  In Canada these are enshrined in our Charter.  In the US they’re in the Bill of Rights.  Some will try to politicize, but all democratic parties should protect constitutional rights from government overreach. 

Don't spread false info. Latest Abacus poll only yesterday indicted two-thirds of Canadians do not support the illegal occupation of their Capital by these crowd and 57% think their behavior has been rude and inappropriate. I attached the link to such post in other thread.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/one-third-of-canadians-say-they-have-a-lot-in-common-with-freedom-convoy-protesters

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Thanks 1

I pity ones like blackbird. I really do feel sorry for them.

We have all been the victims of psychological abuse by our government.  Like any abusive relationship, people wake up to it at different times.  And some never do.  They remain in the grip of the abuser.

https://www.hartgroup.org/ethical-concerns-arising-from-the-governments-use-of-covert-psychological-nudges/?fbclid=IwAR2wIWo448kJX8nFaNxkMhc4VGTGj8oORU9BlmDzE4lsvDBHlUvLxsAykwE

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/info/ppih/if-ppih-covid-19-sag-rapid-evidence-report-attitudes-and-adherence-to-covid-19-guidelines.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1mJlY6adTNn3bFDCLAvEzDQSlnRPV8VeGoHf-OKw-5peDLzPHBZC435ns

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I pity ones like blackbird. I really do feel sorry for them.

We have all been the victims of psychological abuse by our government.  Like any abusive relationship, people wake up to it at different times.  And some never do.  They remain in the grip of the abuser.

https://www.hartgroup.org/ethical-concerns-arising-from-the-governments-use-of-covert-psychological-nudges/?fbclid=IwAR2wIWo448kJX8nFaNxkMhc4VGTGj8oORU9BlmDzE4lsvDBHlUvLxsAykwE

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/assets/info/ppih/if-ppih-covid-19-sag-rapid-evidence-report-attitudes-and-adherence-to-covid-19-guidelines.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1mJlY6adTNn3bFDCLAvEzDQSlnRPV8VeGoHf-OKw-5peDLzPHBZC435ns

Like frightened sheep being herded from one deadly precipice to the next...

It really is.

16 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Don't spread false info. Latest Abacus poll only yesterday indicted two-thirds of Canadians do not support the illegal occupation of their Capital by these crowd and 57% think their behavior has been rude and inappropriate. I attached the link to such post in other thread.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/one-third-of-canadians-say-they-have-a-lot-in-common-with-freedom-convoy-protesters

Don't spread false info.

86.31 % of 56,495 support the convoy of truckers protesting the vaccine restrictions to Canada. 

https://www.saanichnews.com/web-poll/poll-do-you-support-the-convoy-of-truckers-protesting-vaccine-restrictions-in-canada/

The polls you link are extremely small, find larger sample sizes. Also reread your polls, they do not say what you claim they are saying. 

Edited by Winston
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Winston said:

Don't spread false info.

86.31 % of 56,495 support the convoy of truckers protesting the vaccine restrictions to Canada. 

https://www.saanichnews.com/web-poll/poll-do-you-support-the-convoy-of-truckers-protesting-vaccine-restrictions-in-canada/

The polls you link are extremely small, find larger sample sizes. 

web polls are worse despite the sample size

selection bias is a helluva drug

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Winston said:

Don't spread false info.

The polls you link are extremely small, find larger sample sizes. 

Where on earth is Saanich news!!!!!. Did you hand-pick that? Maybe i start a news agency myself.

20 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

"Those baaad ol' truckers are rude and inappropriate!"

LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Where on earth is Saanich news!!!!!. Did you hand-pick that? Maybe i start a news agency myself.

Go for it. My point is anyone can find polls indicating their desired outcome. Cherry picking polls is also easy. Unless you counter for bias and use large sample sizes, polls have little value. 

Instead counter with solid arguments. For example, The convoy is probably not going to end well, thus a different route should be taken to push a position. 

5 minutes ago, Winston said:

That is precisely my point. Polls do not indicate anything useful unless you counter for biased samples and use massive sample sizes. 

indeed

but web polls let anyone vote on them

so they biased in favor of causes that are far more popular on the internet than in real life

and the website who does the poll has an audience bias too

for example

Ron Paul used to win all the online polls after every debate

still never came anywhere close to winning the Republican nomination

beware of web polls

no matter the sample size

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Winston said:

Instead counter with solid arguments. For example, The convoy is probably not going to end well, thus a different route should be taken to push a position. 

Not sure why not ending well. The use of force is ruled out and it will be up to police to enforce the law and order so unless they start rioting and destruction eventually they get tired and will leave. This weekend crowd and protest is less than last weekend and will be even less next weekend.

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Not sure why not ending well. 

There are 4 options, end the mandate, use force, the convoy becomes aggressive, the convoy goes home. Only two of these will end well.

Given the growing mass of the convoy and global publicity/support, home is several weeks away. 

3 minutes ago, Winston said:

There are 4 options, end the mandate, use force, the convoy becomes aggressive, the convoy goes home. Only two of these will end well.

Given the growing mass of the convoy and global publicity/support, home is several weeks away. 

I don't think there is growing support at home. Downtown residents are more fed up every day demanding police action and as the nation watch their Capital City under occupation over time, even those minority who may support the illegal blocking of streets will turn against them. They have to leave sooner or later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1