Is the current occupation of Ottawa and the "freedom" convoys all American, Trump-inspired?

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

And TBH, it's sad that a guy like that has to feel like he's in danger from the freedom convoy just because our hatemongering idiot of a PM felt the political need to discredit them on live TV. 

It was just interesting to me that he was at the trucker convoy for 2 days and saw no Nazi or Confederate flags, yet MH (who has not been to the trucker convoy) insists they are all over the place.

I've watched tons of the videos and have yet to see one in any of them. Videos that pan the crowds constantly.  Not a one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

the Democrats want to overturn elections they lose too

obvious lesser evil is obvious though

and the Republicans are a notable upgrade on every major party in North America

with the Democrats and the major Canadian political parties having gone totally insane

the bar isn't exactly set all that high

I'm holding out hope that Brad Wall or Pierre Poilievre can set the tone for conservatives in the near future.

I don't blame Scheer for tip toeing around the media, but O'Toole put on clown shoes and danced for them. It was sad to see.

I can appreciate that M Bernier never would have done any of that, but he lacks PP's class and his ability to effect scathing criticism without giving the MSM ammo. 

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It was just interesting to me that he was at the trucker convoy for 2 days and saw no Nazi or Confederate flags, yet MH (who has not been to the trucker convoy) insists they are all over the place.

I've watched tons of the videos and have yet to see one in any of them. Videos that pan the crowds constantly.  Not a one.

The guy with the Rebel flag was ejected. The guy carrying the Nazi flag was seen going into a nearby high-end apartment building.

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

"Insists" is the key word.

He believes that they're everywhere because that's what the alt-left MSM has told him, but the few examples that were briefly shown were nothing more than photo ops which were quickly staged at the very outer edges of the protest and then the culprits were whisked away. 

I did see a picture of a swastika, but Trudeau's face was (suitably) in it. 

Who was it that said that someone used a truck to ram one of the trucks in the freedom convoy?

I've never seen that on any news, and I couldn't find it on Google or FB. 

It was on the convoy facebook page.

The driver whose rig was smashed into was pretty shaken and posted a video of it right after it happened.

I'll see if I can find it.  I didn't save it anywhere.

• Like 1

"Insists" is the key word.

He believes that they're everywhere because that's what the alt-left MSM has told him, but the few examples that were briefly shown were nothing more than photo ops which were quickly staged at the very outer edges of the protest and then the culprits were whisked away. 

I did see a picture of a swastika, but Trudeau's face was (suitably) in it. 

There are no Nazi flags...or Confederate in the protest. Even US flags are scarce. Lots of Maple Leaf flags...many provincial flags. Some flags from around the world. They had to find these creatures slinking along the edge lest they get the shit kicked out of them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

There are no Nazi flags...or Confederate in the protest. Even US flags are scarce. Lots of Maple Leaf flags...many provincial flags. Some flags from around the world. They had to find these creatures slinking along the edge lest they get the shit kicked out of them.

"Find" them, or were they planted there? 

The guy who was wearing the confederate flag with the truck on it was photographed with Trudeau's own propaganda photographer. 

The only nazi flag I saw had Trudeau's face on it. 

The MSM and their lapdogs are referencing naziism and racism a lot but evidence of it is non-existent. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

"Find" them, or were they planted there? 

The guy who was wearing the confederate flag with the truck on it was photographed with Trudeau's own propaganda photographer. 

The only nazi flag I saw had Trudeau's face on it. 

The MSM and their lapdogs are referencing naziism and racism a lot but evidence of it is non-existent. 

The Nazi flag guy was likely a local by what I observed. Perhaps a plant as he disappeared into an apartment before he could get the ever-luvin' crap beat out of him. And they were out to find him. He was actually not at the protest but further down one of the main streets.

Rebel flag guy had a modified Army of Northern Virginia flag with a truck plastered across it. He was ejected from the protest by attendees. He lasted like...a minute. Not sure if he just ditched the flag...but he was seen leaving.

• Like 1

Same deal with Trump flags. They are rare and discouraged as this isn't about Trump. This is about Dear Leader turning full fascist.

I'll note, however, that that the many FUCK TRUDEAU flags look a bit like Trump 2020 flags from a distance.

Edited by DogOnPorch

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You haven’t got a clue how much children have suffered throughout the pandemic. Their childhoods have been stolen.  No sports or activities or play dates for much of the past two years.  I’m surprised that you don’t appreciate this as a grandfather.  

Well, I've helped out where I can. The kids come up in the summer and we rip around in the boat and pick-up and hoot and holler FREEDOM!.  Of course its like something out of the Dukes of Hazzard what with cops in boats, their own pick-ups and helicopters chasing us around.

Why I even let them wave firesticks around the firepit when the other adults aren't watching.  I'm not as bad as Bob but I am the black pappa in the family.

I ground what I have to teach in reality with just a little irreverence.  I'm sure as hell not filling their inquisitive healthy little minds with nonsense about authoritarianism and the end of the free world.  I'd sooner try to freak them out with stories about Beelzebub although at this point they'd probably just laugh their asses off and make circular motions around their temples.

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that the kids freaking out the most over COVID have parents who are freaking out the most over COVID.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well, I've helped out where I can. The kids come up in the summer and we rip around in the boat and pick-up and hoot and holler FREEDOM!.

One dad and his kids were all Bravehearted-up in the -20 weather....it was super cute. They knew what FREEEEEEEDOM is (at the top of their lungs)

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

One dad and his kids were all Bravehearted-up in the -20 weather....it was super cute. They knew what FREEEEEEEDOM is (at the top of their lungs)

Hey dog,  thugs, racists, Nazi's , white nationalists are not cute OK, makes for bad press...

31 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Well, I've helped out where I can. The kids come up in the summer and we rip around in the boat and pick-up and hoot and holler FREEDOM!.  Of course its like something out of the Dukes of Hazzard what with cops in boats, their own pick-ups and helicopters chasing us around.

Why I even let them wave firesticks around the firepit when the other adults aren't watching.  I'm not as bad as Bob but I am the black pappa in the family.

I ground what I have to teach in reality with just a little irreverence.  I'm sure as hell not filling their inquisitive healthy little minds with nonsense about authoritarianism and the end of the free world.  I'd sooner try to freak them out with stories about Beelzebub although at this point they'd probably just laugh their asses off and make circular motions around their temples.

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that the kids freaking out the most over COVID have parents who are freaking out the most over COVID.

You and others like you are freaking out over Covid and the rest of us are waiting for you to stop screaming that the sky is falling so we can end all restrictions and get on with our lives.  We’re not scared of Covid.  It’s the hypochondriacs and overbearing helicopter parents holding everyone back.  

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You and others like you are freaking out over Covid and the rest of us are waiting for you to stop screaming that the sky is falling so we can end all restrictions and get on with our lives.  We’re not scared of Covid.  It’s the hypochondriacs and overbearing helicopter parents holding everyone back.  

I'm way more concerned about dictatorships and right-wingers.

On 2/7/2022 at 3:09 PM, WestCanMan said:

And TBH, it's sad that a guy like that has to feel like he's in danger from the freedom convoy just because our hatemongering idiot of a PM felt the political need to discredit them on live TV. 

That guy in the video rocks!

Edited by Zeitgeist