Is the current occupation of Ottawa and the "freedom" convoys all American, Trump-inspired?

12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So why did they want overturn an election and make Trump king?

the Democrats want to overturn elections they lose too

obvious lesser evil is obvious though

and the Republicans are a notable upgrade on every major party in North America

with the Democrats and the major Canadian political parties having gone totally insane

the bar isn't exactly set all that high

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And if I see a confederate flag or a N**i symbol ?  Should I look away ?  Or is somebody making my eyes see things that did not happen ?

you look the other way when left protests are far worse

but the slightest outlier from a right wing protest and it's the end of the world to you

you are Herbert Marcuse's repressive tolerance incarnate

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

but the slightest outlier from a right wing protest and it's the end of the world to you

Yes, you are misrepresenting me 100% which is why you are not a worthy discussion partner.

I didn't say the protests were discredited - but keep lying about me, that's fine...

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes, you are misrepresenting me 100% which is why you are not a worthy discussion partner.

I didn't say the protests were discredited - but keep lying about me, that's fine...

you misrepresent yourself

your left leaning bias is obvious to all

as is your obvious anti-right bias

you might fool yourself

but you don't fool me

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Haha 1

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

you misrepresent yourself

your obvious left leaning bias is obvious to all

as is your obvious anti-right bias

you might fool yourself

but you don't fool me

Hahahaha.... I'm conservative.  I believe in principles, you see.   This is why I ask about such things in the abstract.

You need a punching bag - I recommend the local YMCA

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm working from memory here, but I believe that Canadian security agents have and use monitoring ability on all phone calls without warrant at present.

The legal thing to do would be to get a warrant if they want to track terrorist or other criminals.  The illegal thing to do is treat everyone as a potential criminal and infringe on their charter rights.

21 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hahahaha.... I'm conservative.  I believe in principles, you see.   This is why I ask about such things in the abstract.

You need a punching bag - I recommend the local YMCA

you're the classic fake conservative Canadian

your principles are anti-liberty

you are for conserving an iron curtain against American freedom

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

1. The legal thing to do would be to get a warrant if they want to track terrorist or other criminals.  The illegal thing to do is treat everyone as a potential criminal and infringe on their charter rights.

2. Section 8 of the Charter.  The same reason police can't enter your home to search without a warrant.

1.  2.  You apparently were not here when we were discussing that.  Go find the threads - this is about honk honk.  But yeah you are not wrong.

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

No.  I just give a shit what all this is doing to the children.

I care too. Do you have kids? I have 4 grandkids, two are school age. They all seem to be fine, I'm not hearing reports from family or friends in my circle and herabouts regarding insurmountable psychological issues or problems with their kids.  I think media reports may be a little over the top but that's to be expected, it's controversial, it's scary and has other newsworthy qualities that serve the media's needs. I think I can safely use my own experience and what I see on the ground to adjust my inbound information filters to account for that. 

I just don't think its doing as much damage as some would like us to believe.  It's like the stories about hunger due to bare shelves and food shortages due to supply chains and protests.  I don't see starving emaciated shoppers pushing empty carts around the grocery stores everywhere I go and I have plenty of food to keep me happy.

I admit I nearly melted down when I couldn't find my favourite ice cream the other day...thankfully I'll be seeing my psychiatrist later this week.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

How so?

The NSA in the States has been recording every phone call that anyone makes for years decades. Sound files are very small, they don't take up a lot fo hard drive space.

If you start saying a lot of their buzzwords on the phone (or around your cellphone nowadays), for example the things that you can't say in an airport or on a plane, you can trigger closer inspection of all your phone calls.

Also, if you start making too many calls to people who are on their radar, they can go back further and snoop through all of your older calls. 

This isn't something that they use to solve murders, they don't their intelligence gathering capabilities to be public knowledge because they want to use them to catch the bigger fish, but they definitely have it and they definitely use it.

Snowden leaked some of this information, and another famous example of the NSA's technology is when they were hunting for Pablo Escobar: they used voice recognition on every single phone call within hundreds of miles of where they expected him to be. Maybe every phone call in NA for all I know. He couldn't talk personally on a cell phone or the DEA would be all over him. 

25 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I care too. Do you have kids? I have 4 grandkids, two are school age. They all seem to be fine, I'm not hearing reports from family or friends in my circle and herabouts regarding insurmountable psychological issues or problems with their kids.  I think media reports may be a little over the top but that's to be expected, it's controversial, it's scary and has other newsworthy qualities that serve the media's needs. I think I can safely use my own experience and what I see on the ground to adjust my inbound information filters to account for that. 

I just don't think its doing as much damage as some would like us to believe.  It's like the stories about hunger due to bare shelves and food shortages due to supply chains and protests.  I don't see starving emaciated shoppers pushing empty carts around the grocery stores everywhere I go and I have plenty of food to keep me happy.

I admit I nearly melted down when I couldn't find my favourite ice cream the other day...thankfully I'll be seeing my psychiatrist later this week.  

You haven’t got a clue how much children have suffered throughout the pandemic. Their childhoods have been stolen.  No sports or activities or play dates for much of the past two years.  I’m surprised that you don’t appreciate this as a grandfather.  

On 2/5/2022 at 10:20 AM, Winston said:

Don't spread false info.

86.31 % of 56,495 support the convoy of truckers protesting the vaccine restrictions to Canada. 

https://www.saanichnews.com/web-poll/poll-do-you-support-the-convoy-of-truckers-protesting-vaccine-restrictions-in-canada/

The polls you link are extremely small, find larger sample sizes. Also reread your polls, they do not say what you claim they are saying. 

This is a perfect example of polls being used for fake news.

I really doubt the 57% stat that the alt-left MSM is pushing (I'll clarify: I saw that quoted on this site), but it's not really worth fighting about. They might have done that poll in Ottawa, or on one of their own disinformation websites, but every major poll that I've seen shows that Canadians are done with lockdowns and mandates. 

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

New idea: round up all old people that want to be safe and put them in a special quarantine zone so everyone else can go back to normal. Do it for the children.

That's a terrible idea. It's like putting fish in a barrel for guys like Gov Cuomo.