Is the current occupation of Ottawa and the "freedom" convoys all American, Trump-inspired?

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

That guy in the video rocks!

Yup. It's great to see young(ish) people who have a proactive mindset and choose living life instead of following propaganda.

The easiest thing for that guy to do was join the haters, play up the victim card, and live off of sympathy. Instead he's bucking the status quo and showing the world what's really going on, from a person of colour's POV. He's risking cancel culture just to be a decent person. 

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Yup. It's great to see young(ish) people who have a proactive mindset and choose living life instead of following propaganda.

The easiest thing for that guy to do was join the haters, play up the victim card, and live off of sympathy. Instead he's bucking the status quo and showing the world what's really going on, from a person of colour's POV. He's risking cancel culture just to be a decent person. 

These are the kinds of people I need in my life.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they clearly did

the Charter isn't worth the paper it's written on

Which specific rights did they clearly remove and how did they do it without anyone invoking the notwithstanding clause?

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Ah, so not removed, after all. Our Charter must be worth more than you think.

since all those rights have been openly violated repeatedly

with no repercussions for the violators

and the violations are allowed to continue with no impediment

clearly it is not worth jack shit

it's a mere piece of paper that government disregards when it feels like it

the majority often approves of it being disregarded and rewards the government for doing so

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

since all those rights have been openly violated

with no repercussions for the violators

and the violations are allowed to stand

clearly it is not worth jack shit

Clearly it is or Trudeau simply would have removed them like....the guy Charlie was mocking.

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Clearly it is or Trudeau simply would have removed them like....the guy Charlie was mocking.

he doesn't need to remove them

he can just disregard them whenever he feels like it

and will often be rewarded by voters for doing so

you certainly support the violation of those rights, prime example

Edited by Yzermandius19

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Hmmm well I guess they must like it then. What a fickle little douche democracy is eh?  

indeed

rights > democracy

you and the majority supporting the restriction of rights

doesn't make them not rights

and it doesn't mean the rights aren't being restricted

Edited by Yzermandius19

43 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

indeed

rights > democracy

you and the majority supporting the restriction of rights

doesn't make them not rights

and it doesn't mean the rights aren't being restricted

It’s privileged hypochondriacs holding everyone else back. Eyeball and Blackbird live in fear.  Let them.  It won’t change no matter how many freedoms are stripped away from everyone.  Eliminating mandates and restrictions won’t please some people because freedom has always scared some people, even though life is never without risk.  This country just isn’t very free.  Our truckers and the Americans are trying to help restore freedoms that some of our own people don’t want.  It’s sad and sick. There will always be variants and there’s no acceptable level of risk for these people.  Trudeau panders to them and the entire country suffers because of it.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s privileged hypochondriacs holding everyone else back.  Eyeball and Blackbird live in fear.

Yeah you got me, I guess I could only expect to get away with faking bicuspid aortic stenosis for so long.  It's not fear, in my case at least I don't have to worry about some coercive authoritarian deity monitoring me in judgement and using threats of pain and suffering to keep my thinking in line with it.

I went into this pandemic concerned about the extent and scope of ignorance and delusion in the world and I fear the last few years have only made this much worse.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Yeah you got me, I guess I could only expect to get away with faking bicuspid aortic stenosis for so long.  It's not fear, in my case at least I don't have to worry about some coercive authoritarian deity monitoring me in judgement and using threats of pain and suffering to keep my thinking in line with it.

I went into this pandemic concerned about the extent and scope of ignorance and delusion in the world and I fear the last few years have only made this much worse.

I empathize with you for your condition.  It makes good sense for you to take extra precautions.  You can mask up with N95’s, make sure you’re boosted, and avoid large crowds where it’s hard to social distance, to the extent you and your doctor think necessary.  

31 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I empathize with you for your condition.  It makes good sense for you to take extra precautions.  You can mask up with N95’s, make sure you’re boosted, and avoid large crowds where it’s hard to social distance, to the extent you and your doctor think necessary.  

Oh for sure, it's no problem at all living with Covid, the only real problem is there's no cure for stupid.