Trucker's Convoy

West

31 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So your hero’s are hiding behind their kids. Nice.

You're hiding behind children.

Children are at statistically zero chance of dying of covid.  But you demand that they risk their lives and health so you can increase your already high chances of surviving covid by a fraction of a percentage.

100 previously healthy children in Toronto alone already have myocarditis from the shots.  Statistically 50% of them will die in the next 5-6 years.  Even if we're generous and say 30% of them will die for you, that's more than died of covid in 2 years.

That's just Toronto.

You've refused to say how many children need to die for you to feel safe.  Obviously you don't care how many children need to die for you.  So it's pretty rich you accusing others of hiding behind their children because they want to keep them safe from the jab you demand they risk for you.

3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

True in the macro-economic sense, but not for this specific protest action in Canada.   What is remarkable is that Canadians have mustered together to fight tyranny on their own terms regardless of what the Americans may do.

A lot of people seem to think the Canadian convoy is the start of a bigger struggle with convoys against anti-vax/covid measures planned or underway in other countries. Perhaps, but if it is, it's more like an opening shot in a struggle between the 'free world's' hard right and...the free world, that's been simmering for decades and getting closer to the boiling point.  And I know this will puff you back up lest you become troubled over Canada seemingly snatching the world's freedom flag from US hands, the convoy's protesters are definitely following American terms laid down by decades of incessant ideological fighting between the Bickerson's in your political system. Like a lot of other right-wing reactionaries around the world Canada's know who's side they're on and who's on their's.  

Like me I guess you're hoping to live long enough to see how it all turns out. I suppose there'll be lots of little ground zero's popping up all over but I've got lots of orange and blue territory between me and the worst of it how about you? Surrounded by a sea of red?  That's kind of ironic actually.

As for popcorn!

25+ Best Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn Memes | Animated Gif Memes, Meme  Memes, Micheal Jackson Memes

Edited by eyeball

11 minutes ago, West said:

I wonder if those who believe God supports segregation papers are willing to listen to one of their own now

Organized religion has a long history of justifying evil.

I've noticed the supposedly most religious ones here are the ones advocating for and most excited about seeing violence occur in the convoy.

28 minutes ago, eyeball said:

...And I know this will puff you back up lest you become troubled over Canada seemingly snatching the world's freedom flag from US hands, the convoy's protesters are definitely following American terms laid down by decades of incessant ideological fighting between the Bickerson's in your political system. Like a lot of other right-wing reactionaries around the world Canada's know who's side they're on and who's on their's. 

Quite to the contrary, Canadians have resisted going down the violent protest spasms regularly witnessed in American media, purposely being different if only to define a separate identity.   Protest critics want to associate the convoy blockades with U.S. "right wing" groups because it fits their (your) narrative...but this time it is different...and organic to Canada.   Other nations are now following Canada's freedom lead.

Like me I guess you're hoping to live long enough to see how it all turns out. I suppose there'll be lots of little ground zero's popping up all over but I've got lots of orange and blue territory between me and the worst of it how about you? Surrounded by a sea of red?  That's kind of ironic actually.

I have lived long enough to see many things and found peace long ago, being neither red or blue.   Dust in the wind...

56 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Wall Street Journal is paying attention to Canada:

I was just saying to my wife that the only way Trudeau ends this is if Biden tells him to. I was just watching a US news channel in Detroit and they were commenting on how the Ambassador Bridge blockade is starting to cause issues in the US. That’s the start of the end as far as I’m concerned

Trudeau loses because he condemned the convoy from the get-go, alienated the industry that kept our economy afloat through the scariest periods of the pandemic, and now that neither the threat of the virus can justify the mandates nor will the public’s patience endure them, Trudeau is refusing to shift positions.  Basically he will be associated with maintaining oppressive policies.  Good, let him wear it.  The backlash is just beginning.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

I was just saying to my wife that the only way Trudeau ends this is if Biden tells him to. I was just watching a US news channel in Detroit and they were commenting on how the Ambassador Bridge blockade is starting to cause issues in the US. That’s the start of the end as far as I’m concerned

Biden has definitely been telling him to end it

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Quite to the contrary, Canadians have resisted going down the violent protest spasms regularly witnessed in American media, purposely being different if only to define a separate identity.   Protest critics want to associate the convoy blockades with U.S. "right wing" groups because it fits their (your) narrative...

While US protest supporters send cash to bolster their own narratives at home. Thank god we're not some hapless developing nation halfway around the planet or you'd also be sending weapons and tactical targeting intel. In any case the international scope of BLM protests suggests it's not common cause based on just right-wing sentiments going global.  

but this time it is different...and organic to Canada.   Other nations are now following Canada's freedom lead.

Jack Ripper himself would be proud of us!

I have lived long enough to see many things and found peace long ago, being neither red or blue.   Dust in the wind...

I hear you...the only boat you can truly steer is the one you're sailing.

Edited by eyeball

9 hours ago, blackbird said:

"16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"  2 Timothy 3:16 KJV

" 36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. " John 3:36 KJV

Seems clear to me.  The above verse says the Scripture (King James Bible) came from God.  Secondly, he that believes in the Son, Jesus Christ, has everlasting life (goes to heaven) and he does not believe in the Son shall not see everlasting life in heaven, but the wrath of God will be on him.  From the gospel of John.  Better get busy and read it.

Ya thanks but...every time that burning bush Gawd shows up, horrid things happen.

I wonder which Gawd Abraham really spoke with.

9 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they are standing up for everyone's rights

not just their own

unlike some people around here

They don't seem to be standing up for auto workers who stand to be laid off this week because of this blockade. 

Or the Food service workers who may see a supply crunch if this continues. 

This blockade helps absolutely no one. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

They don't seem to be standing up for auto workers who stand to be laid off this week because of this blockade. 

Or the Food service workers who may see a supply crunch if this continues. 

This blockade helps absolutely no one. 

they are standing up for all of them

their rights have been restricted too

not just the truckers

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

they are standing up for all of them

their rights have been restricted too

By effecting their income stream now? 

Sounds pretty dumb to me. 

I'm sure that Gym Owner or Restaurant owner could give two fucks about some morons blocking the border. Does nothing to actually get things open any quicker. Things have already started opening up. 

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

By effecting their income stream now? 

Sounds pretty dumb to me. 

I'm sure that Gym Owner or Restaurant owner could give two fucks about some morons blocking the border. Does nothing to actually get things open any quicker. Things have already started opening up. 

things are opening up

due to political pressure on the politicians

in reaction to these protests

if the Truckers never protested

things would be opening up a lot slower

it's even causing big political changes in America

and elsewhere in the world

these protest are inspirational af

Edited by Yzermandius19