Trucker's Convoy

West

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I understand children's aid in Ottawa is being notified that they may have wards soon. ?

I’ve worked closely with child protection services and can tell you that removing children from parents, especially when it’s a warm family where all the child’s needs are addressed, is not something they pursue.  It means finding a stranger foster parent or relative to provide the care.  If kids start getting taken from these parents, you will see a widely publicized “Sixties Scoop” revisited.  Many truckers have native blood.  This would not end well.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

CBC just reported that 1,400 people have died from Covid since the trucker's convoy arrived in Ottawa.

Saskatchewan's Scott Moe and Alberta's Jason Kenney saying they're are going to open up completely and things will go back to normal.  This is like tearing the bandaid off a wound that hasn't healed yet.  We have seen how Kenney has tried to do this before and has had to apologize repeatedly.  We are all getting tired of the pandemic, but the virus doesn't just disappear because Kenney or Moe say so.  How many more apologies must we listen to from Kenney?  It never ends.

Edited by blackbird

20 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Supporters are defying police by carrying water and fuel to the protesters.  

My guess is that much of the police force is with the protesters; Police officers were also facing  mandatory vaccinations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

I just heard that 1,400 people have died since the trucker's convoy arrived in Ottawa.

God told you that, I assume. ?

Died of what - COVID, fear, heart attacks, noise, laughter, CO2 emissions.   Are you ever laughable!

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Could be....this is the same tactic that goverments have used against First Nations children for generations.

It looks like it is the protesters not government using children. Ottawa police said there are over 100 children living in the trucks so they are unable to carry out some policing tasks as a result to enforce law and order.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cougar said:

God told you that, I assume. ?

Died of what - COVID, fear, heart attacks, noise, laughter, CO2 emissions.   Are you ever laughable!

I should have said Covid and CBC said so.   Glad you get a laugh out of nothing.  You're easily entertained.

Edited by blackbird

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

They have done it themselves with native blockades... of course these protesters are 'special' somehow, so we can't use the same methods

Cant explain it myself, though it could be an example of systemic racism.

It could be that the situation is more complicated and they dont have many options.

I am glad everyone is showing restraint. Good Canadian conservative values, evidently. ;) 

However, it cannot last forever and the sounds of whinging from on high are changing to increasingly angry tone. Mr. Trudeau’s doing his best to dehumanize them. But then we hear there are whole families there. Scenes of them playing hockey in the streets. These are Canadians. Nothing less.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60293708

Brings a tear to the Laurentian eye...

27 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Could be....this is the same tactic that goverments have used against First Nations children for generations.

Do you think it might be more comparable with people who get arrested?  Do they just leave those children to fend for themselves?  Or do they take the children from the home and find suitable places for them, likely with other family members?

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think it might be more comparable with people who get arrested?  Do they just leave those children to fend for themselves?  Or do they take the children from the home and find suitable places for them, likely with other family members?

Depends on the circumstances, but governments have used such tactics in the past to intimidate and affect policy outcomes.   Using child welfare as leverage is hardly new in Canada (and elsewhere).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is not protest. This is breaking the law. Blocking bridges and goods that many Canadians rely on for living and jobs and occupying our Capital city and clear display of lack of respect for law and order is not a protest. GO HOME.

The law disagrees with you.

press release3.jpg

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Depends on the circumstances, but governments have used such tactics in the past to intimidate and affect policy outcomes.   Using child welfare as leverage is hardly new in Canada (and elsewhere).

These people are a bit different than what child services will be used to. Stealing children from junkies is one thing...taking them from their parents for holding unacceptable views is going to be quite another. They'd better be armed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

These people are a bit different than what child services will be used to. Stealing children from junkies is one thing...taking them from their parents for holding unacceptable views is going to be quite another. They'd better be armed.

Indeed...as long as the protesters hold their powder and remain "peaceful" then the government will be hard pressed to move on the children.   Canadians will not accept a Waco North.

The FLQ Crisis was different and far more limited...does Justin Trudeau have the balls of his father ?   Methinks not.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Goddess said:

The law disagrees with you.

This is just an update by illegal occupiers of our Capital but likely purposely you displayed it so small, unreadable so that people think that it is a law saying occupation, illegal parking, blocking of main streets, forcing closure of businesses, disturbing the peace, harassment and intimidation is allowed in the law for protesting!!!!!. Not so. It is not going to work. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This is what "democracy" looks like...and it looks frick'n awesome from this side of the border.   Seems that local, provincial, and federal governments had zero planning for such a conflict and don't know what to do for fear of making the impasse even worse.

Supporters are defying police by carrying water and fuel to the protesters.   Blockages are spreading to other choke points.  

michael jackson mj GIF

All the usual characters are running with it on your side of the border which is fantastic. Far better coverage of the events on the US side...as usual. I expect a US trucker convoy to DC within a month. That will be a BIG one...very hard to stop, I might add. We have only one main route into/outta Ottawa...really. You've got many many many....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The FLQ Crisis was different and far more limited...does Justin Trudeau have the balls of his father ?   Methinks not.

I think he's under a lot of pressure from his bosses whom he promised Canada to on a silver plate...done-up like a Thanksgiving turkey. The turkey is still squirming.

6 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is just an update by illegal occupiers of our Capital but likely purposely you displayed it so small, unreadable so that people think that it is a law saying occupation, illegal parking, blocking of main streets, forcing closure of businesses, disturbing the peace, harassment and intimidation is allowed in the law for protesting!!!!!. Not so. It is not going to work. 

Use your computer or phone to enlarge it.

I wonder how many of the protesters who are saying their freedom of choice has been taken away feel the same way about womens freedom of reproductive choice.

My other concern is in another thread, people worry about China's attempts to influence politics in Canada but here we see a much larger and overt attempt by Americans to disrupt and interfere in Canadian affairs. The money is coming from an American corporation and there are American flags all over the place.I am not saying there is some "yankee imperialist" conspiracy going on but at the moment, the CCP has far less impact than the USA. (Apologiies to the delightful Ms. Bush-Cheney USA USA USA ?)  The USA is a wonderful country, but we are not Americans.

13 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Indeed...as long as the protesters hold their powder and remain "peaceful" then the government will be hard pressed to move on the children. 

I saw a funny comment on one of the threads today.  A picture of the kids enjoying the bouncy castles and playground equipment and a comment about declaring a state of emergency.

One lady commented, "We are planning a state of emergency for our 3 year old daughter, when she turns 4 this spring."

Edited by Goddess

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I wonder how many of the protesters who are saying their freedom of choice has been taken away feel the same way about womens freedom of reproductive choice.

They seem to have normal well adjusted children that enjoy street hockey. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Nothing to do with racism and it is racist to suggest it is. It's only logical that new variants would come from highly populated areas with low vaccination rates. The first came from the UK before vaccines were available, then South Africa, Brazil, and India.

It's only logical that variants come from highly populated areas| FULL STOP. Checkmark.

Vaccination rates have nothing to do with it, unless the vaccines are highly effective and knock replication down to a great extent, but that's definitely not the case with the covid jabs. 

FYI, not all antibodies are created equally. If your body makes shitty antibodies they can actually help viruses invade cells, or invade cells that they don't normally invade. 

It's possible that the antibodies that are produced by the jabs will eventually come across a strain of covid which they worsen.

Just remember that the viruses came from a lab that is run by the Chinses military. The Chinese gov't can definitely research viruses that respond 'a certain way' to the antibodies produced by the Pfizer and Moderna vaxes. 

You just can't explain why new variants aren't originating in areas with high vaccination rates so you play the racism card.

That's entirely stupid, stupid, stupid. There hasn't even been a part of the world that had 'high vaccination rates' until summer of 2021. 

The government announced over a billion toward vaccine and therapy development back in the spring of 2020 and more since then. Where have you been?

CERB was seventy-five times as much. Where have you been? 

The data has been out for a long time that people under 30 weren't at risk from covid. Did they need to stay home?