asking what they should do

this could cause a run on the banks

get your money out now, convert it to physical gold at the counter

this is the brink of revolution

I just called my MP, but I got voicemail, because he is in hiding

I still left a message, begging him not to do this

seriously

even if you don't support the truckers

have you ever seen anything like this Canada ?

the government declaring war and seizing private bank accounts without a court order ?

no you haven't

because I haven't, and I have lived in Canada for over half a century

this is uncharted territory

that is what gold is for

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

you're a Christian ?

nice to have you here, brother

in His ministry together

God has nothing to do with law-breakers, anarchists and criminals.  He opposes them.  You can't claim to be on God's side and support anarchy,  sedition against the government and law-breaking.

" 3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain."   Romans 13: 3, 4 KJV

9 minutes ago, blackbird said:

God has nothing to do with law-breakers, anarchists and criminals.  He opposes them.  You can't claim to be on God's side and support anarchy,  sedition against the government and law-breaking.

" 3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain."   Romans 13: 3, 4 KJV

Listen to yourself.  The protests have had a carnival atmosphere.  The blockades at the border are clear. There were no riots or violence.  The Emergency Measures are oppression piled on top of oppressive mandates and restrictions.  Your freedoms are seriously curtailed and you throw around words like sedition.  More fear-mongering from the fearful.  Sad.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

You think this is just a peaceful protest?  The truth has been coming out.  This is run by a highly organized movement intent on overthrowing the democratically-elected government and Parliamentary system.  CTV just reported this again.  Wake up goof.

Well the Canadian version of over throwing a government is sure proving to be a slow and agonizing process, old people fuc*** are faster, how long do you think it is going to take to over throw the government a couple more months, next year sometime......say it often, say it loud enough and people will believe it...keep under your bed until the all clear is call out over the loud speakers...

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Well the Canadian version of over throwing a government is sure proving to be a slow and agonizing process, old people fuc*** are faster, how long do you think it is going to take to over throw the government a couple more months, next year sometime......say it often, say it loud enough and people will believe it...keep under your bed until the all clear is call out over the loud speakers...

brother, stand to

this is live fire

if you have any cash, convert it now

no duff, no duff

That is not RIGHT?

Canadian cops hound woman for posting about Freedom Convoy on Facebook while top political aide is forced out of her job for donating $100 to truckers - as Trudeau regime uses every trick in the book to crack down on COVID dissent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10519215/Canadian-police-charge-four-plotting-murder-cops-trove-guns.html

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taxesanddeath said:

That is not RIGHT?

Canadian cops hound woman for posting about Freedom Convoy on Facebook while top political aide is forced out of her job for donating $100 to truckers - as Trudeau regime uses every trick in the book to crack down on COVID dissent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10519215/Canadian-police-charge-four-plotting-murder-cops-trove-guns.html

Again, why is this coming to us through British and American media and not our own?  State media is a real thing in Canada.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, taxesanddeath said:

dude, over 2/3 of the country supports their cause. If you ask them that there is no way out unless you march to JT's house, I believe most of them will support it. It is true because provinces start to drop their c19 policies like there is no tmw. They can read the room.

2/3 of the country wants them to leave ottawa.. even though they also want mandates removed lol.. they have overstayed there welcome.

also

don't get cocky

even if there is not a run on the banks right away

it usually takes some time for things to sink in with Normies

and they are scared

and there is a $10,000 threshold where they get tracked by FINTRAC

so people will start sneaking money out of the banks, $9999.00 at a time

Edited by Dougie93

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

The Emergency Act is not the War Measures Act and there is no Army being sent in.  The Emergency act is not being applied everywhere. 

False...it is the direct and equivalent successor to the War Measures Act.   It is martial law by any other name, including banking transactions.

... It is 60% funded by far right radicals in other countries, mainly in the U.S.  The act gives the police and authorities more tools to effectively deal with the anarchy and occupation as well as stop the flow of money to fund it.

It is also funded by Canadians, who also fund partisan things in the U.S. (e.g. lobbyists).

• Like 2

I watched the Conservative MPs speaking in the Parliament and I was disgusted by them. They wanted to have it both ways. On one hand they accuse Trudeau of inaction and on the other hand they attack him for state of emergency. They play Canada for political gains only. Even the House leader called on them to watch their own benches before clapping or cheering for him asking not to use inflammatory words in the House.

Down with the Conservative party of Canada,

6 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I watched the Conservative MPs speaking in the Parliament and I was disgusted by them. They wanted to have it both ways. On one hand they accuse Trudeau of inaction and on the other hand they attack him for state of emergency. They play Canada for political gains only. Even the House leader called on them to watch their own benches before clapping or cheering for him asking not to use inflammatory words in the House.

You can’t wait for a one party system.  Don’t worry, almost there.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Bad idea. We need viable parties that can form governments. I'm hoping the Conservatives can move close enough to the centre to be a viable replacement for the Liberals rather than see them disappear, because they are really the only possible  alternative.

6 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm not going to cut & run

I've done nothing wrong

people who are harmed by this will eventually bring lawsuits against the government

this could end up getting you millions in damages in the courts

I dont want millions in damages. Just my beer and smokes is fine.

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I dont want millions in damages. Just my beer and smokes is fine.

no worries

this is spiraling out of cotrol

the knock on effects are not being considered

the Liberals are panicking about a near term expediency

oblivious to the unintended consequences

so now would be a good time to go to ground

I just find these tyrants to be so repugnant

I want to fight them,  any non violent way I can 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/emergencies-act-banks-ottawa-protests-1.6353968

The new emergency act allows government to order banks to freeze your accounts, including savings and credit cards, and stop doing business with you entirely. All financial assets can be seized. You would have no money, and no credit cards.

Seems excessively harsh. It was not illegal to donate under the circumstances before. There was no emergency declaration. By these actions it seems like they are making things illegal retroactively. 

Threatening to take kids away, and parents imprisoned for five years? For what, playing road hockey on Wellington?

What the government is doing now is overly punitive and possibly illegal. Lets hope this is the final nail in Mr. Trudeau’s political coffin.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

False...it is the direct and equivalent successor to the War Measures Act.   It is martial law by any other name, including banking transactions.

It is also funded by Canadians, who also fund partisan things in the U.S. (e.g. lobbyists).

The convoy donated money is funding illegal activities like blockading borders, illegal occupation of Ottawa, and all the illegal harassment, noise, and stopping people from going to work or do their jobs.

No it is not the same as the War Measures Act.  It is used for specific actions to stop illegal acts, enable powers to force tow trucks to tow vehicles, etc.  It also is different than the War Measures Act in that it has built in accountability to Parliament and must be approved by Parliament.

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Lets hope this is the final nail in Mr. Trudeau’s political coffin.

let's hope he doesn't drag us into fiscal crisis civil disorder

because this is some banana republic type shit now

and banana republics are poor for a reason

without the rule of law, by the rule of tyrants run amok, countries become Venezuela like

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The government has found links between people arrested in Coutts, Alberta with firearm offences /criminality and protesters in Ottawa.  They share the same ideology and extremism.

The Emergency Measures Act is the best way to deal with anarchists / criminals.   Thirteen people have been arrested at Coutts Alberta and four are charged with conspiracy to commit murder.  The Act also gives power to prohibit blockades of critical infrastructure such as border crossings, bridges, airports, etc. which would be targeted by insurrectionists/ anarchists.

A security expert says there are far right anarchists around which the government has to be prepared to deal with.  How did Canada get to this situation?

Edited by blackbird