Jump to content

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19


WestCanMan
Message added by Charles Anthony

The thread "Trudeau Government FAILED in Handling the Pandemic" was merged into this thread. 

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Does Trump have to answer for it as well? 

The entire Western World started taking COVID-19 about the same time. March 11th. 

The main reason masks weren't advocated early in the pandemic was that manufacturing hadn't ramped up for the impending demand for PPE. So having Joe Public hoard them wouldn't have been good. If you remember people were hoarding everything back them.

Yeah, this is crap. I"m not interested in what Trump did or didn't do. The Liberal government allowed its stockpile of PPE to expire and threw it away, then didn't order more. When word of the pandemic reached them they did nothing for months. They didn't even begin to order new PPE gear until after we'd started closing down our cities! What bullshit is that!?

As for Joe F"ing public, ie, ME, I started ordering mine in January because unlike the Trudeau government I was paying attention. Tons of others were doing the same. By the time Trudeau woke up and started looking around there was none to be had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Trudeau government was put on notice in early February....not March 11th (NBA shutdown...not western world).

 

Quote

Ottawa slow to respond to PPE shortages flagged in February: documents

The public servants who manage the National Emergency Strategic Stockpile (NESS) warned in early February that there was a shortage of the personal protective equipment (PPE) needed to weather a pandemic but it took weeks for the federal government to sign contracts for goods like N95 respirators, the masks used by health-care professionals to protect themselves from COVID-19.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ppe-shortages-slow-response-1.5684962

 

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2020 at 6:19 PM, dialamah said:

I'm sad for the people lost, and hardships suffered by so many.  I'm glad our leaders paid attention to experts, including changing their response and advice as more was learned about this virus.  I've no doubt mistakes, large and small, were made by people in leadership roles, individual healthcare workers and citizens across the country and the world.  With rare exceptions, I do not believe mistakes were made through maliciousness or because someone didn't care.

I remain grateful that Canada has fared relatively well and that few people can answer "yes" to the question "Do you know anyone who has Covid-19."

As much as i like the liberals, i agree i don't think they acted maliciously , i truly believe they thought they were doing what was best for the country... Reality would suggest they were way out of their league , shit even the experts were out of their league on this one... but this was not the first pandemic to hit the globe , some sort of play book was already on the table from Sars and other pandemics...but nobody followed it very well, there is no excuse next pandemic....i really do hope that when we see the tail end of all of this someone sits down and records what went wrong and develops a new course of action, like staffing old folks homes, medical equipment, and our national drug supply to start with and we make changes to make sure thos issues don't happen again....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

As much as i like the liberals, i agree i don't think they acted maliciously , i truly believe they thought they were doing what was best for the country...

So it comes down to either an act of malice or an act of utter stupidity.

On the bright side, the possibility of the existence of corruption has been ruled out of a conversation about Trudeau.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

So it comes down to either an act of malice or an act of utter stupidity.

Maybe it's just incompetence.  You've said Trudeau has been deliberately infecting as many Canadians as possible and that he's been doing worse than Trump all along.  Given how Trump's kill rate quickly pushed the US from 4th position to 1st in the world in the same time Trudeau's kill rate dropped from around 11th down to 24th Trudeau is obviously doing something wrong.

Edited by eyeball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

.i really do hope that when we see the tail end of all of this someone sits down and records what went wrong and develops a new course of action, like staffing old folks homes, medical equipment, and our national drug supply to start with and we make changes to make sure thos issues don't happen again....

We need to go back to a normal life. Those are the things that need to be changed, so that normal life can continue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, eyeball said:

Maybe it's just incompetence.  You've said Trudeau has been deliberately infecting as many Canadians as possible and that he's been doing worse than Trump all along.  Given how Trump's kill rate quickly pushed the US from 4th position to 1st in the world in the same time Trudeau's kill rate dropped from around 11th down to 24th Trudeau is obviously doing something wrong.

We have the world's 39th-highest population, we're 189th in population density, and we have universal health care.

The only reason we were 11th in covid deaths is because Trudeau did everything possible to get covid here in the first two months. Period. 

If every country on earth did literally nothing to slow or stop C19 then by all rights we should be about 50th in deaths. Maybe 60th, maybe even lower. We never should have been 11th. 

Our country's built-in social-distancing, our health care and the fact that Trudeau is finally doing the same things that Trump was doing months earlier is starting to pay off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trudeau's early response in Jan., Feb., and half of March was horrendously bad.   There was virtually no action in helping the problem.  Flights weren't restricted, there was no airport screening, we gave away out PPE to China etc.  He's more concerned about being PC than defending this country, and Canadians have DIED because of it.

Trump, for all his stupidity since then, at least had the balls to close down travel from China and the UK early on, in freaking January!, and he was hammered for it.  This is why you ignore the PC crowd and offending people and just do what's right.

The moronic WHO not only recommended against the public wearing masks, but it recommended AGAINST travel restrictions because it was said to have no real effect and that the virus "was destined to spread" no matter what.  The WHO is, sadly, incompetent, they failed the world when it really needed them.  Trump retaliates because of their nonsense and people again freak out.

I'm not a Trump flag-waver but the total insanity where 100% of his decisions are automatically labeled as wrong needs to stop.  Just look at things without emotions.  His domestic policy is a mess, but his foreign policy, for the most part, has been surprisingly decent.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2020 at 11:26 AM, dialamah said:

Translation:  Trump does not have to answer for anything, even if it costs 100s of thousands American lives. Let any be lost in Canada, and Trudeau must pay!  :rolleyes:

Irrelevant to this topic.

 

 

Quote

Anyway, how would Trudeau "pay"?  Given that the issues in LTCs existed long before this party came to power  shouldn't Harper also have to "pay"?  Why not Mulroney and Chretien too?    Why haven't all governments prepared for a pandemic; warnings about them have been around for years so why wasn't SARS a wake-up call to galvanize our government, Conservative and Liberal alike? 

surprise-smiley-emoticon.gif

Because the COVID-19 happened on Trudeau's watch!  

The warning of shortages was delivered to Trudeau's administration!  Stay focused, please.

 

 

Quote

so why wasn't SARS a wake-up call to galvanize our government, Conservative and Liberal alike? 

Indeed.....a question for Trudeau!   Especially so when the Feds had received the warning of shortages several weeks before the s*** hit the fan!

 

 

Quote

 

Ottawa slow to respond to PPE shortages flagged in February: documents

Despite warnings of limited and depleting stockpile, government signed few contracts until March

The public servants who manage the National Emergency Strategic Stockpile (NESS) warned in early February that there was a shortage of the personal protective equipment (PPE) needed to weather a pandemic but it took weeks for the federal government to sign contracts for goods like N95 respirators, the masks used by health-care professionals to protect themselves from COVID-19.

 

"We anticipate increased demand and further requests, and also shortages, limits to availability and impacts on the global supply chain. We want to be as ready as possible to meet immediate needs," the presentation said.

 

The first orders for N95 masks weren't finalized until March 18 — days after the PHAC, led by Dr. Theresa Tam, co-ordinated a national shutdown as provinces issued emergency orders amid a surge of COVID-19 cases.

 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ppe-shortages-slow-response-1.5684962

 

And indeed, the global demand made it difficult to contract more equipments - and most likely due to the global demand - prices for them were also high!  If I remember correctly, at some point countries were on a bidding war for shipments!

 

PEOPLE DIED ..............................BECAUSE OF THAT NEGLECT!

Trudeau's government has to be held accountable for that!

Edited by betsy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, betsy said:

Irrelevant to this topic.

 

 

surprise-smiley-emoticon.gif

Because the COVID-19 happened on Trudeau's watch!  

The warning of shortages was delivered to Trudeau's administration!  Stay focused, please.

 

 

Indeed.....a question for Trudeau!   Especially so when the Feds had received the warning of shortages months before the s*** hit the fan!

 

 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ppe-shortages-slow-response-1.5684962

 

PEOPLE DIED ..............................BECAUSE OF THAT NEGLECT!

Trudeau's government has to be held accountable for that!

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2020/03/31/prime-minister-announces-new-partnerships-canadian-industries-fight

 

These things don't just happen overnight you know.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

It seems so unfair that those will likely be our Halcyon Days.  At this rate Trudeau will never catch up to Trump.

It seems bizarre that people who have talked and researched so much about this topic over the past EIGHT MONTHS still know absolutely nothing. 

It's hard to say whether they're just trolls having a laugh or if they are really that stupid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Trudeau's early response in Jan., Feb., and half of March was horrendously bad.   There was virtually no action in helping the problem.  Flights weren't restricted, there was no airport screening, we gave away out PPE to China etc.  He's more concerned about being PC than defending this country, and Canadians have DIED because of it.

Honestly if you have the "Spreading C19 Handbook" in the left hand and the "Fighting C19 Handbook" in the right hand, Trudeau and the WHO read exclusively from the first one. And it's not like their actions at that time seemed sensible, everything that they said was counter-intuitive (idiotic) at the time and our MSM acts like Trudeau was moving mountains to keep us safe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Honestly if you have the "Spreading C19 Handbook" in the left hand and the "Fighting C19 Handbook" in the right hand, Trudeau and the WHO read exclusively from the first one. And it's not like their actions at that time seemed sensible, everything that they said was counter-intuitive (idiotic) at the time and our MSM acts like Trudeau was moving mountains to keep us safe. 

The MSM were also criticizing Trump when he was doing the right things, and then criticizing him when he was doing the wrong things.  People are completely brainwashed into this mouth-foaming Trump-is-Satan mentality.  Imagine going on your Facebook and defending ANY policy decision the guy makes, you'd be raked over the coals and deemed some racist alt-right Trump supporter, because the mob says we all have to hate him & everything he does.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CBC news was interviewing an infectious disease expert today, on the topic Are we ready for the fall peak...during the conversations they say Canada has on order 40,000 ventilators, and only 400 have been delivered todate.. currently there is enough PPE, but if their is a surge their will not be enough....

My question is i thought Canadian companies were retooling and starting to make this stuff here, including ventilators... i get it retooling takes some time, but how much time is needed to get production up and running ? and how much time and funding is the government providing these companies to accomplish all of this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

Things are planned years ahead. This Covid 19 has always been a planned exercise plandemic by the globalist billionaire elite to see how far they can push their new world order and one world government. So far it is looking and working out good for them as there are just too many covidiots and fools out there who still do believe in this hoax of a virus joke. If we the people do not put an end to this hoax and keep going along with this hoax flow, then Covid 20 will be waiting for us all come fall. It will then be even worse than the first hoax virus. 

Think about what life was like just six months ago before before all of this hoax virus came along and the freedom that you back then. Look at us today. Travel restrictions. Wear face diaper masks. Stay at home orders. Lock downs and shut downs. No more attending big sports or other events. Is this what Canadians want forever? I would rather live and have my past old normal life than live this new normal life. What we see happening in Canada today appears to be a case of communism gone wild. We the people are now subject to the whims of what our dear comrade leaders and the lying Canadian media and those so called health experts, and we must obey their every word and command if we do not want to die. Trudeau is one big liar and crook who cares little for we the people. Matter of fact that communist hates all of our guts. Start becoming a leader and stop becoming a follower. Just saying. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

CBC news was interviewing an infectious disease expert today, on the topic Are we ready for the fall peak...during the conversations they say Canada has on order 40,000 ventilators, and only 400 have been delivered todate.. currently there is enough PPE, but if their is a surge their will not be enough....

My question is i thought Canadian companies were retooling and starting to make this stuff here, including ventilators... i get it retooling takes some time, but how much time is needed to get production up and running ? and how much time and funding is the government providing these companies to accomplish all of this? 

No kidding, I would have thought capitalism would be all over this opportunity. Is it just sitting around waiting for someone to tell it's lazy ass it's time to get back to work or holding out for more compensation or something? 

Edited by eyeball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It seems bizarre that people who have talked and researched so much about this topic over the past EIGHT MONTHS still know absolutely nothing.

What's so hard about comparing kill rates? Trump in number one and Trudeau isn't.

It's hard to say whether they're just trolls having a laugh or if they are really that stupid.

The 1st one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

No kidding, I would have thought capitalism would be all over this opportunity. Is it just sitting around waiting for someone to tell it's lazy ass it's time to get back to work or holding out for more compensation or something? 

My local walmart has bins upon bins of hand sanitizer at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...