Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19

Message added by Charles Anthony

The thread "Trudeau Government FAILED in Handling the Pandemic" was merged into this thread. 

Did Trudeau Fail His Country On Covid-19  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, eyeball said:

People who believed travel was actually being blocked were given a false sense of security

I only recall one world leader ever making the claim "We have it totally under control". Strangely enough his country got whacked harder than any other.

The country that has been "whacked" the hardest is Belgium.

54 minutes ago, eyeball said:

People who believed travel was actually being blocked were given a false sense of security

I only recall one world leader ever making the claim "We have it totally under control". Strangely enough his country got whacked harder than any other.

Travel was actually blocked, regardless of your feelings.

No one creates a travel ban that forbids their own citizens from coming home. That would be political suicide.

Who knows what a country like China would even do to an American stuck there with covid. They might show up at a wet market. 

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The country that has been "whacked" the hardest is Belgium.

Yes but you're ignoring the fact that Belgium is also attributing more deaths to COVID-19 especially in senior care homes than other countries are based on doctor's assessments of the cause in lieu of a test - i.e. they're not pointing at subways and density and what have you.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Travel was actually blocked, regardless of your feelings.

No one creates a travel ban that forbids their own citizens from coming home. That would be political suicide.

Who knows what a country like China would even do to an American stuck there with covid. They might show up at a wet market. 

Who cares about your silly political suicide schtick, that doesn't explain away the 1000's upon 1000's of flights that carried well over a million travellers from all over the planet into America within a couple months of the so-called ban and millions more that have arrived since.  Travel has never been blocked, it's merely been diverted and delayed, at best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes but you're ignoring the fact that Belgium is also attributing more deaths to COVID-19 especially in senior care homes than other countries are based on doctor's assessments of the cause in lieu of a test - i.e. they're not pointing at subways and density and what have you.

I'm not ignoring anything...Belgium would still have a much higher number of deaths per capita compared to previous years' baseline without the pandemic.

30 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Who cares about your silly political suicide schtick, that doesn't explain away the 1000's upon 1000's of flights that carried well over a million travellers from all over the planet into America within a couple months of the so-called ban and millions more that have arrived since.  Travel has never been blocked, it's merely been diverted and delayed, at best.

Grow up eyeball. You're the only person who even debates whether or not Trump blocked (non-American) travellers who had been to China in the past 14 days from entering America. The rest of the world knew on Jan 31st.

Why don't you just call it racist like all the others of your ilk? r haven't you gotten to that stage yet? 

Japan also blocked travellers from China and kept letting the rest of the world in. What a waste of time, hey? Or was it racist? I'm sure that it was bad, whatever it was, because Trump also did it.

On 6/9/2020 at 1:46 PM, New World Disorder said:

More mixed messages from our government.  Protests in the thousands are ok, but you still have to drastically limit how many people can be in your store.

You can only have 44 guests at a wedding, but you can 2,000 people at a protest against pre-marital sex.

18 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You can only have 44 guests at a wedding, but you can 2,000 people at a protest against pre-marital sex.

Boggles the damn mind now does it not!?  Oh and apparently you can have sexy time..  but please wear a mask.  And to think after all my years with my gal, I could not get her to wear a mask otherwise :D.   Sure it's not a mask that protects against covid... but ..  .... I digress..

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 4:46 PM, New World Disorder said:

More mixed messages from our government.  Protests in the thousands are ok, but you still have to drastically limit how many people can be in your store.

All about spacing. You can not put 2000 people inside a store the same way you can outside in terms of spacing. You are overthinking it.

If the government preventd open demonstrations would you not also be arguing they are using Covid to repress democracy?

Maybd there is no conspiracy or double standard? 

Get back to me when you can explain how you distance 2000 people or 40 people the same way in any limited space.

p.s. you can only come to my bar mitzvah if you wear a mask..we will have special ones with a wide range of motifs to capture the moment...

Edited by Rue

5 minutes ago, Rue said:

All about spacing. You can not put 2000 people inside a store the same way you can outside in terms of spacing. You are overthinking it.

If the government prevented open demonstrations would you not also be arguing they are using Covid to repress democracy?

There is no conspiracy or double standard. You want to see one. 

Get back to me when you can explain how you distance 2000 people or 40 people the same way in any limited space.

p.s. you can only come to my bar mitzvah if you wear a mask..we will have special ones with a wide range of motifs to capture the moment...

People were not social distancing at riots Rue. 

The social distancing guideline for people in a store casually walking is different for people who are exerting themselves by throwing molotovs and bricks. 3' isn't enough. 

Kids can't even play baseball outside because of social distancing rules. That's 9 people on an acre of grass. 

8 minutes ago, Rue said:

You can only have 44 people at a wedding, but you can have 2000 people at a protest against pre-marital sex. 

On 6/9/2020 at 11:18 AM, eyeball said:

Grow up.

Was it a silly political shtick that Japan has triple our population, 84x our population density, and 1/8th of our covid deaths? 

You have no clue wtf you're talking about. 

Banning travel from covid hotspots is the right thing to do, regardless of whether or not you understand it. 

Telling people not to wear masks was the wrong thing to do, regardless of whether or not you understand it.

Trudeau failed us 110%. 

FYI if every country just banned travel from China early enough, that would have been enough. Because of China and the WHO that didn't happen. The WHO is worse than useless. Only 1 government on the whole planet was dumb enough to take all of the WHO's sinister advice....

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Banning travel from covid hotspots is the right thing to do, regardless of whether or not you understand it. 

Of course its the right thing to do. I never once said it wasn't. All I've done is point out that there was no ban, it was a charade and so incompetently applied it created a false sense of security that you're still crowing about.

FYI if every country just banned travel from China early enough, that would have been enough.

Sure, assuming every country applied the actual definition of the word ban to their action.

Because of China and the WHO that didn't happen. The WHO is worse than useless. Only 1 government on the whole planet was dumb enough to take all of the WHO's sinister advice....

You're only saying that because the death rate under your useless god became the highest on the planet. Up until then he was happy with both the WHO and China.  I won't be surprised if Trump starts a war to deflect from his own failures.

On 6/9/2020 at 2:53 PM, WestCanMan said:

Grow up eyeball. You're the only person who even debates whether or not Trump blocked (non-American) travellers who had been to China in the past 14 days from entering America. The rest of the world knew on Jan 31st.

Why don't you just call it racist like all the others of your ilk? r haven't you gotten to that stage yet? 

Japan also blocked travellers from China and kept letting the rest of the world in. What a waste of time, hey? Or was it racist? I'm sure that it was bad, whatever it was, because Trump also did it.

It seems we don't really have closed borders when you look  at the number of people coming in. The left wing has let us all down.

11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Of course its the right thing to do. I never once said it wasn't. All I've done is point out that there was no ban, it was a charade and so incompetently applied it created a false sense of security that you're still crowing about.

Sure, assuming every country applied the actual definition of the word ban to their action.

You're only saying that because the death rate under your useless god became the highest on the planet. Up until then he was happy with both the WHO and China.  I won't be surprised if Trump starts a war to deflect from his own failures.

OMG You’re such a child. NO COUNTRY WILL EVER CLOSE THEIR BORDERS TO THEIR OWN CITIZENS. 

FYI the death rate per capita in the US isn’t the highest in the world, and ours isn’t much better, but we don’t have the UN HQ here or a subway system with 4M riders per day. 

9 hours ago, Rue said:

The wind blows. Is 6 feet enough?

9 hours ago, Rue said:

If the government preventd open demonstrations would you not also be arguing they are using Covid to repress democracy?

That appears to be what they are doing.

9 hours ago, Rue said:

Maybd there is no conspiracy or double standard? 

Not many of these protests are doing the social distancing!

Most stores have high throughput ventilation systems. You can also feel that wind inside.

Slap that mask on and welcome to your new normal! No mask? No service.

1 hour ago, New World Disorder said:

The wind blows. Is 6 feet enough?

Social distancing guidelines change when you're exerting yourself. Heavy exhalations blow out a lot more moisture, a lot further. 

Just think how much stuff is flying out of their mouths when they're yelling profanities at police.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:34 PM, WestCanMan said:

Social distancing guidelines change when you're exerting yourself. Heavy exhalations blow out a lot more moisture, a lot further. 

Just think how much stuff is flying out of their mouths when they're yelling profanities at police.

How about two people standing 20 feet apart in a high wind, exerting nothing.  Wind is directly going from one to the other.

3 hours ago, New World Disorder said:

How about two people standing 20 feet apart in a high wind, exerting nothing.  Wind is directly going from one to the other.

I don't know, tbh. I personally wouldn't worry about it, but it's just covid. 

IMO sunshine (UV) is great for killing viruses. I'd trust it to kill covid from 20' but not Ebola lol. 

Interesting comparisons in the States and Canada:

In the 7 Dem-controlled States with the highest death tolls, with a combined population of 111M people, there were 75,419 deaths. 679 per million

In the 7 GOP-controlled States with the highest death tolls, with a combined population of 92M people, there were 23,523 deaths. 255 per million

Canada has 8,250 deaths, 217 per million.

• 2 weeks later...

On the worldmeter site they're saying that Canada does 72,000 tests per million. That's just a bit under 1/10 people. 

I know a lot more than 10 people and I don't know anyone who has been tested, aside from my father-in-law, and he just got tested because he died.

Does anyone here know people who were tested?