The Coronavirus

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sadly I suspect rates of depression, drinking and family and spousal abuse will go up. 

I'm quite happy living up in my tree at the end of a gravel road on the west coast of nowhere myself.  If nothing else I suspect my property's value will only go up as isolation and remoteness becomes a desired commodity.   Berries will be coming soon and the crab trap is baited and set.  I was lucky enough to have cut and split a couple years worth of firewood this winter and my clones are coming along nicely.  People around here figured out how to live without toilet paper some 10000 years too so...I think I'm set for just about anything.    

Yah Eye I know you do not need toilet paper. That is why they call you guys leftists. I use  snow in winter, and marijuana leaves in the summer.  Either way I can not feel my ass when I sit on it. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Sadly I suspect rates of depression, drinking and family and spousal abuse will go up. 

I'm quite happy living up in my tree at the end of a gravel road on the west coast of nowhere myself.  If nothing else I suspect my property's value will only go up as isolation and remoteness becomes a desired commodity.   Berries will be coming soon and the crab trap is baited and set.  I was lucky enough to have cut and split a couple years worth of firewood this winter and my clones are coming along nicely.  People around here figured out how to live without toilet paper some 10000 years too so...I think I'm set for just about anything.    

I'm in Surrey.  I love my little place, it's got a small yard so I'm not stuck inside four walls if we get to total lockdown here.   But I think it's value will drop, and perhaps my parent's place will increase in value.  It's not remote, but rural and on acreage, so easy to maintain "social distance" with room to grow stuff and  raise food animals.

Interesting times, that's for sure. 

33 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I'm in Surrey.  I love my little place, it's got a small yard so I'm not stuck inside four walls if we get to total lockdown here.   But I think it's value will drop, and perhaps my parent's place will increase in value.  It's not remote, but rural and on acreage, so easy to maintain "social distance" with room to grow stuff and  raise food animals.

Interesting times, that's for sure. 

I want to run away with you to Tonga. 

An observation by Edward Jenner, the vaccination pioneer (quoted by Alun Evans):

Quote:

The deviation of man from the state in which he was originally placed by nature seems to have proved to him a prolific source of disease. From the love of splendour, from the indulgence of luxury, and from his fondness for amusement he has familiarised himself with a great number of animals, which may not originally have been intended for his associates.

I wonder what the long-term consequences of this crisis will be for the Chinese Criminal, sorry Communist, Party after western countries will look harder whether it is after all wise to outsource procuction to China because it is cheaper there.

If the western nations start withdrawing from China the standard of living in China will also drop, which makes the position of the CCP more vulnerable.

If people start dropping like flies in the USA because of this virus there may be serious consequences as there is already now a lot of talk that the Chinese are culpable of this, which is true, and they need to be brought accountable.

On 3/21/2020 at 12:03 PM, -TSS- said:

Yesterday when I came home from work and walked through the town-centre where keeping a distance of several metres from other people I noticed that the pubs and bars which were still open had a lot of customers.

That was a kind of a moment I lost my faith in people's rationality. Some people are just too extremely stupid beyond redemption.

The bar-owners of course keep the bars open until an official order from the government to shut them because they need the money but the people who voluntarily go to the bars show some sort of Darwinian stupidity which may harm the rest of us too that they need to be isolated from the rest of the population.

Because of people like that we will also ened up with a curfew. Fortunately, I work in what is considered a critical work which is logistics so I will evade the inevitable curfew by going to work as long as I stay healthy.

I believe that it is people like you who have been pretty much brainwashed that we all must keep our distance from someone else at about six feet. Such nonsense indeed. The virus is supposed to be an air born virus so how the hell will it make any difference whether you are one foot away or six feet away from someone else? All buses here are still running and what a better way to spread this so called virus and give it to other people. They say that it is an essential service. Flying can be an essential service also. 

And women are the worse. They will always believe most things told to them by their politicians or the media because they are so naïve. Most women will never question anything. They are just follow the crowd kind of people. They will always go into a state of panic and go around in fear because that is just the way they are. Way to naïve and emotional. Some women probably can even be convinced enough that the sky is falling down. The sad part about all of this is that nobody will question anything about this virus. It's silly nonsense social distance now. What is next? 

Lucky for you your pubs are still open. All restaurants and pubs are all closed here in Vancouver. Everybody here is following the leader. We tried to get an ice cream on a cone last night and we were told that they do not offer ice cream on a cone anymore because they are not allowed to touch the cone. I said well wear plastic gloves or wrap it up in a napkin and I was still told nope we cannot. Lockdown has to be next. It is coming because the so called experts say that we the sheeple are not doing enough to try and help fight and stop the spread of this "virus". It cannot be stopped if it is air born. Is there something wrong with this picture? Bloody dam right there is. Question more. 

1 hour ago, -TSS- said:

I wonder what the long-term consequences of this crisis will be for the Chinese Criminal, sorry Communist, Party after western countries will look harder whether it is after all wise to outsource procuction to China because it is cheaper there.

If the western nations start withdrawing from China the standard of living in China will also drop, which makes the position of the CCP more vulnerable.

If people start dropping like flies in the USA because of this virus there may be serious consequences as there is already now a lot of talk that the Chinese are culpable of this, which is true, and they need to be brought accountable.

I'm quite certain market forces or more to the point a lack thereof will make China's government accountable in a way we never could. No need to rub it in when doing so will surely make this into a matter of race as opposed to matters of governance. Much of which is a fricken' mess here too. 

On 3/21/2020 at 4:05 AM, Iceni warrior said:

They never really were, no one ever crossed the British border without being checked for eligability like you could in the Schengen zone. We even had the power to regulate the residential rights of fellow EU members but never exercised them because migration of labour was seen as mutually beneficial.

The lack of EU migrants is already causing problems in many sectors of industry especially healthcare and agriculture which are particularly vital right now.

Now Britain does not have to take in any more refugees wanting to enter Britain anymore. The Brits now control their own borders, and can deny anyone from entering their country. I am pretty sure that there are plenty of Brits that can fill those jobs. Just force the industry sector to pay better wages and there will be no shortage of labor. No western country needs to bring in hundreds of thousands of new immigrants every year. That is all bull crap. 

On 3/21/2020 at 11:16 AM, Dougie93 said:

This is how things are now, they are in such a complete panic, if you mess with the state right now, the gloves are off.

The sheeple will do pretty much as they are told. Especially the naive and emotional women out there who will believe almost anything the media or their dear leader politicians tell them. They will never question anything. And all the women that I know believe what is going on is the gospel truth. They all just sheeply follow along with other naive and emotional women. 

Women do need to question more if that is possible for them to do. Just saying. ;)

On 3/21/2020 at 11:16 AM, Dougie93 said:

This is how things are now, they are in such a complete panic, if you mess with the state right now, the gloves are off.

This six feet social distancing is such a laugh. I was buying groceries today and no one was staying six feet apart all that much from one another. I drove by a Walmart and the parking lot was packed with cars. Lot's of breathing going on in that store alright, eh? Lol. We will all know when we have messed with the state long enough. It will be lock down time for us all. What are they going to do with people who have dogs who need to go out and have a pee and a crap 4 times a day. Will they be given special permission to be able to walk their dogs or just arrest them on site? Even the bozo of a Mayor of White Rock, BC said that if people do not stay away six feet apart from each other he is going to close down the WR pier. Just how brainwashed are some of these stupid politicians anyway? Who cares if he shuts it down anyway. It's only just a stupid looking pier. Nothing great about it. Now some of the piers that I have seen in California, well those are real great looking piers to want to visit and walk on. They have restaurants and some amusement rides on them. Aw well. 

On 3/21/2020 at 11:45 AM, Dougie93 said:

Well I am bound by solemn oath to the Commander-in-Chief, thus under wartime conditions I rally around the colours

In terms of quarantine, it's not the government who is keeping me home right now, it's my wife

But I don't mind, because I like it here, I don't want to go anywhere, I'm happy to hunker down here in my own private Idaho, indefinitely.

Edited by taxme

On 3/21/2020 at 12:34 PM, Dougie93 said:

It's not the only reason, simply the ultimate reason, the thermonuclear war is coming, sooner than people think

Well, at least there have been many military men and women who did have plenty of children and who did not get themselves all worried and concerned over the possibility that some thermonuclear war may be coming sooner than what they ever thought. Maybe they knew a lot more than you do about things like that, eh? The cold war as been always just that, a cold war, and there was never any threat of any kind of a nuclear war ever happening between America and Russia. That would be committing suicide for them both. That was again all just more bull spread by the fake and lying media in those days. Worry more about this so called virus like so many other lemmings are doing. ;)

23 hours ago, ProudConservative said:

I never thought about that... If you break quarantine. You get sent to the hospital. A stupid person might think that's a free handout, but an intelligent person will see it as a trap.

Even if one is quarantined with the virus, and told to stay home, are they still allowed to go out onto their patios and breathe? Would they then be possibly spreading the virus by breathing off of their patio and then send it flying into the air where it can go out and look for another victim to catch their virus? The whole bloody thing is just such a bunch of bull crap. And when all of the doctors and nurses catch the virus and get quarantined, what are people like you going to do then? Boy, are you ever in chit then, eh? Just saying. 

47 minutes ago, taxme said:

Aw, quit with that "solemn oath to the Queen" nonsense will you. You said that you are retired from the military. You owe Her Majesty nothing anymore. 

What is your wife saying or doing to you that keeps you at home? No nukey-nukey if you leave the house? Lol. 

I like it where I am too. Only I do not want to be told by any politician of ours as to whether I can go out and play or not. I cannot even go to Idaho now. I am on lock down. 

I haven't disavowed  my Canadian citizenship, I'm still holding both passports, QEII is the sovereign of Canada, so as long as I am residing here, I'll still fight for her

I still have right of return to the USA, but I'll remain at my post here, this property here is perfect for hunkering down

In terms of what my wife said to keep me home, she said "please",  I'm not confined to the house, she just  asked me to let her do the shopping

There's no lockdown here, and even if there was, there's nobody around to enforce it, and even if there was, I back onto the woods, so I can roam without going out my front door

Situations like this is just another reason we moved out of Toronto and into the country

Edited by Dougie93

22 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Cheers

corona-beer-beach.jpg?fit=1024,750&ssl=1

I like my Corona with a twist of lemon...

I had three Corona Beers yesterday. I am starting to get into a panic and starting to fear for my life. Should I be all worried now? Just asking. ;)

On 3/21/2020 at 4:19 PM, eyeball said:

They'll probably never flock again until planes have far more room aboard them.

I suspect travel will never be the same. Two weeks ago I travelled to Vancouver and back by ferry. If I'm parked on the upper car deck I quite often stay in my vehicle and nap my way across unless I'm forced to go above due to safety regulations forbidding passengers to be in the lower deck while underway.

Those regulations aren't being enforced anymore.

Your sleeping in your car on the upper deck sure will help you to keep your "social distance" from the other people on the ferry. Good boy! 

So, are the BC ferries unsinkable now? Just wondering. ;)

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Well, at least there have been many military men and women who did have plenty of children and who did not get themselves all worried and concerned over the possibility that some thermonuclear war may be coming sooner than what they ever thought. Maybe they knew a lot more than you do about things like that, eh? The cold war as been always just that, a cold war, and there was never any threat of any kind of a nuclear war ever happening between America and Russia. That would be committing suicide for them both. That was again all just more bull spread by the fake and lying media in those days. Worry more about this so called virus like so many other lemmings are doing. ;)

Oh, America & Russia won't start the war, my guess is that it will be India & Pakistan, but then it would spread from there, lateral escalatory vortex

But that was simply my reason for not having kids when I was kid

Later I figured that parenting is vastly overrated, and when you have kids, then they got you by the balls, so that sealed the deal

No military personnel ever said the Cold War was safe and I remember when people were afraid for their kids, people were freaking out.

Like when NORAD came 2 minutes 12 seconds away from a launch on false alarm, and that's NORAD, I bet India & Pakistan ain't as reliable.

India, Pakistan & China can even have a nuclear war without Russia nor America firing a shot, but the radiation would still rain down here.

In terms of the virus, you can bet that it is making the nuclear powers go on a hair trigger, no way they wouldn't be when they were this vulnerable

If the virus causes the collapse of the global economy into a depression, that then further increases the tensions for war at the geostrategic level

Nuclear deterrence is not assurance, not everybody is as reliable as America, and even America almost blew the world up by accident, multiple times

This Covfefe-19 ain't just a virus, this is a Biological Warfare Military Emergency, in progress, including in India & Pakistan.

I don't know if we're at DEFCON 2 right now, but I'd bet money we ain't at DEFCON 5 neither.

Get with the times old man, this is Cold War Two, there are 9 nuclear powers now, not just Russia & America

Pakistan practically has a shadow Jihadist government, it's not run by the politicians, it's run by the ISI, who run the Taliban, and Laskar-e-Taiba, and Bin Laden

You think this Covfefe is a big panic ?   Just wait till Pakistan pops a suitcase nuke in India, then you'll see the fur fly.

Edited by Dougie93

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

Seems fairly obvious already. I guess some people just need to see it in writing before acting appropriately.

It’s irrelevant that’s its obvious.  It has to be declared officially to open up various governments powers that aren’t available in non emergency times.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Except none of that is being done, there isn't enough time to make up for the lack of preparation, or lack of resources. Stalling for few weeks or months will not result in that problem magically going away, the system is still going to be swamped, all you did was change the timing on when that happens, and you destroyed the economy on top of it, to no useful effect. Not great, Bob.

South Korea was smart enough not destroy their economy yet, proving that if you don't shut down the economy, the sky isn't going to fall like you think it is, or the sky would have fallen on South Korea already.

Not sure if anyone seen this coming in time to be prepared, our economy is now based on just in time delivery, nobody really stocks anything of great numbers, Our greed has pushed most of our industry into 3 rd world countries, because they can make more money doing so, creating this environment where we feel the effects of crises globally...I thought that was we were suppose to embrace was globalism, and everything that brought to us....Canada has a long history with not being prepared, where cheap bitches, more interested in liberal social programs than preparing for anything, like this crises, defense, immigration, coast guard, CSIS, cyber, border security  …. POGY checks and Hockey night in Canada is about it....everything else you can screw with...oh sorry, LGBT , i'm sure I forgot a few letters sorry, and climate change 2 more you can't screw with....

20 minutes ago, Shady said:

It’s irrelevant that’s its obvious.  It has to be declared officially to open up various governments powers that aren’t available in non emergency times.

I think it scares them , all the powers it will open up, and how many individual rights will be suspended. I think they already know Canadians are not going to like have anything suspended...and it would cost them in votes at the ballet box, maybe even a non confidence vote........last thing liberals want are their rights crushed by the government …..

https://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/flq-crisis-pierre-trudeau-s-right-hand-man-recalls-canada-under-terrorist-threat-1.4809054

3 hours ago, Shady said:

It's been obvious enough for many provinces to do so already. It looks to me like the federal government is pacing its response effectively.  If and when Ottawa does it should be able to do so in light of what provinces have done. This should eliminate the Feds duplicating something a province may already be doing or shore up something a province is struggling with.  Seems to me a sensible allocation of powers and resources amidst a rapidly moving unpredictable situation.

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm quite certain market forces or more to the point a lack thereof will make China's government accountable in a way we never could. No need to rub it in when doing so will surely make this into a matter of race as opposed to matters of governance. Much of which is a fricken' mess here too. 

Free markets make government more accountable, not less accountable. Communist governments are far less accountable than Capitalist governments, anyone with half a brain can see that, only left wing extremists are silly enough to claim otherwise.

Totalitarian Communists are more accountable then we ever could be? Hilarious.

Edited by Yzermandius19