The Coronavirus

Guest ProudConservative

In 2008 Canadian oil hit $147 a barrel. Life was great for Albertans. I remember being in Fort McMurray, and you would see tones of F350 jacked up Trucks.... Blue Collar paradise.

Edited by ProudConservative

Here's the thing you are missing tho, folks

The bull market was an inflated bubble incited by the central banks buying their own bonds to lower the interest rates to juice the market

Those interest rates are now at zero

So there is nowhere to go from here  except negative interest rates

Which are the stuff wage and price spirals are made of

Otherwise known as a depression

Trying to juice the market now, is not going to work

Guest ProudConservative
11 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

RIP.

I thought we were going to hit peak oil, and Alberta would become the next Saudi Arabia. Poor Albertan's now. They have to deal with environmentalist who hate their guts, a liberal government that blocks pipelines, an open cartel engaging in predatory pricing, a french province that wants to steal all their money, and now a global economic depression. Who would of thought?

O yah... I forgot one more thing... Cheap American's who won't give them a fair price for their oil.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

You see, it's a boom & bust world and the booms & busts are getting bigger

This bust was caused by the solution to the last bust and so it is compounding

Like staying drunk to avoid a hangover, the longer you put it off, the worse it gets when it happens.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Like staying drunk to avoid a hangover, the longer you put it off, the worse it gets when it happens.

This is why I am an economic prepper first, you can't secure any rights at all until you secure your property rights

My paramilitary prepping is just a hobby.

Guest ProudConservative
4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

This is why I am an economic prepper first, you can't secure any rights at all until you secure your property rights

My paramilitary prepping is just a hobby.

Gun's, Gun's, and More Gun's.

Guest ProudConservative
5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Oh I have far more than just guns, I am for intents and purposes an Operator, full spectrum dominance

Don't mess with the Italians

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

You see, it's a boom & bust world and the booms & busts are getting bigger

This bust was caused by the solution to the last bust and so it is compounding

This is why we Prep

Prepping is a mindset based on experience....hope for the best...prepare for the worst.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Prepping is a mindset based on experience....hope for the best...prepare for the worst.

I probably go a little further than the average civilian prepper

Although I am not a Doomsday Prepper, because that is an oxymoron

Doom is doom,  there is no preparation for it, other than the God of the Hebrews is with me, always

2 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

One EMP could fry every computer in North America.

Not the military ones, an EMP attack is a nuclear attack it would result in a launch on warning retaliation

EMP's are just another type of nuclear strike, so they are deterred the same as all the other nuclear weapons

Not saying it can't happen, nuclear deterrence is not assurance, but it was the same chance as happening as a thermonuclear war, as an EMP strike would be first strike counterforce

CDC reports that the virus can survive for up to 17 days on surfaces

Remember, surgical gloves are single use and throw away, you can't wear them around all the time, because that's no different than your hands

So keep them handy, but like a whole box of them, wash your hands before you put them on, do the task, throw them away, wash your hands again, is the proper method

5 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Meh, whatever, I'm prepped to hunker down indefinitely, and I bought low and sold high

What happens to your wealth if printing money and government handouts lead to hyperinflation?

Economics is not my strongpoint but I'm not too bad at history and we've seen what inflation can result in. Wheelbarrows full of cash to buy a loaf of bread.