The Coronavirus

22 minutes ago, ProudConservative said:

I wouldn't see the virus as fake. You this virus could very well be real, and the globalist plans for a new world order. They could be trying both at the same time LoL It's called "Order out of chaos". You need to let the disaster unfold first.

The police didn't overeat. An infected person should stay home, and not get anyone else sick.

Indeed, this virus could be for real, but then again, it could be not. But as you said, it could be all just a part of the plans of the globalists to implement a new world order. We must all be very vigilant about ever allowing that to happen. Another reason why people should own a gun. Just saying. 

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Well, maybe we will all should self quarantine ourselves then, eh? I have a tough time trying to stay home for one day. Two days will not work out well for me. I would have to try and sneak around outside somewhere and try to avoid the political police and hope they do not see me walking around. Hello Johnny! 

Well I am bound by solemn oath to the Commander-in-Chief, thus under wartime conditions I rally around the colours

In terms of quarantine, it's not the government who is keeping me home right now, it's my wife

But I don't mind, because I like it here, I don't want to go anywhere, I'm happy to hunker down here in my own private Idaho, indefinitely.

6 minutes ago, Abies said:

Emergency powers gives the government the power to ignore agreements and rights.

And to take away your rights and freedoms. The governments that we have today must never be trusted anymore. They do appear to have total contempt for we the people. Everything they do shows just that. We are over taxed, and over governed, and freedom of speech is no guarantee just because the COR says so that we do have the right to freedom of speech and assembly. Just saying. ;)

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Well I am bound by solemn oath to the Commander-in-Chief, thus under wartime conditions I rally around the colours

In terms of quarantine, it's not the government who is keeping me home right now, it's my wife

But I don't mind, because I like it here, I don't want to go anywhere, I'm happy to hunker down here in my own private Idaho, indefinitely.

Good for you. But there are others who do not feel the same way as you do. We all want the freedom of movement and if that is denied to us then we must fight back. There should never be any quarantine placed on everybody just because of this so called virus is supposed to be in the air everywhere. Christ, one can catch it sitting on their patio outside then. To shut down a whole city and country is bloody well ridiculous as far as I am concerned.

But before that ever happens our politicians must first tell everyone that they must stock up on food now because we are not going to deliver food to anyone. Can you imagine all the panic and the fear, especially by the toilet paper hoarders and the sky is falling in morons out there, and what the store shelves would look like after 24 hours of total panic by people trying to fill up their grocery carts? One buggy load per person, please. :D

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Good for you. But there are others who do not feel the same way as you do.

Vastly outnumbered in Canada, Canada is not going to change, it hasn't actually changed in 150 years

Confederation itself is the result of an hysterical national panic, without the Fenians in 1866, there would have been no Canada

Edited by Dougie93

Yesterday when I came home from work and walked through the town-centre where keeping a distance of several metres from other people I noticed that the pubs and bars which were still open had a lot of customers.

That was a kind of a moment I lost my faith in people's rationality. Some people are just too extremely stupid beyond redemption.

The bar-owners of course keep the bars open until an official order from the government to shut them because they need the money but the people who voluntarily go to the bars show some sort of Darwinian stupidity which may harm the rest of us too that they need to be isolated from the rest of the population.

Because of people like that we will also ened up with a curfew. Fortunately, I work in what is considered a critical work which is logistics so I will evade the inevitable curfew by going to work as long as I stay healthy.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

This is really just an issue for the young

I'm an old warhorse, I've had all the adventures I care to, I partied for twenty years straight, now I just want to kick back on my homestead with my wife, grilling steaks on my deck

The problem with your kind of thinking is that as a parent and grandparent we must first think about our kids and grand kids, and not just about our old selves. Do you want them to be living in a new world order kind of world where all that we have today they will not have tomorrow? That is what I get from people all the time. They say, I don't care what happens in the future, I am alright today, like you always like to say, and that they will also say that I will probably be dead by then when the shit hits the fan. Selfishness is everywhere these days. We do indeed live in a me-me-me world where nobody really gives a shit about the next guy or gal. This is why the world is like it is. Nobody gives a chit anymore. So sad indeed. :(

Just now, taxme said:

The problem with your kind of thinking is that as a parent and grandparent we must first think about our kids and grand kids, and not just about our old selves. Do you want them to be living in a new world order kind of world where all that we have today they will not have tomorrow? That is what I get from people all the time. They say, I don't care what happens in the future, I am alright today, like you always like to say, and that they will also say that I will probably be dead by then when the shit hits the fan. Selfishness is everywhere these days. We do indeed live in a me-me-me world where nobody really gives a shit about the next guy or gal. This is why the world is like it is. Nobody gives a chit anymore. So sad indeed. :(

We don't have any kids, we have Labrador Retrievers

My generation is the Gen X Latchkey Kids who raised themselves under the shadow of the Third World War, I've been a survivalist since I was ten years old

We knew back in the 1980's that the future was not brighter but rather things were going to become evermore disasterous

When the Millennials came along, we tried to warn them, but they didn't believe us

This is not the big crash, this is not the doomsday bug, but it will come, and then there will be a thermonuclear war

No place to be raising children

Edited by Dougie93

19 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

We knew back in the 1980's that the future was not brighter but rather things were going to become evermore disasterous

When the Millennials came along, we tried to warn them, but they didn't believe us

This is not the big crash, this is not the doomsday bug, but it will come, and then there will be a thermonuclear war

No place to be raising children

Well of all the reasons not to have kids, bad things might happen to them is a fairly silly one. The sky is falling so don't have kids, very SIFCLF.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

That's only going to be temporary though. Once the outbreak has receded the borders will open up again.

Free movement is one of the 4 pillars of the EU and it's non-negotiable.

You think everything will return to as it was before when this crisis is over? I don't think so. Airliners are going bust because people are not travelling and even when the restrictions are lifted are unlikely to flock into countries like Italy or Spain.

It's not the only reason, simply the ultimate reason, the thermonuclear war is coming, sooner than people think

Even so, the sky is falling so don't have kids, very silly. Your other reasoning regarding not having kids is vastly superior to this reason.

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Even so, the sky is falling so don't have kids, very silly.

Have kids as you like, I didn't say don't have them,  I said we don't have them, and I gave the ultimate reason why

I've been a survivalist since I was in short pants, first thing I decided was that kids were not worth the grief.

Like me ol' pappy used to say "son, I love you, but parenting is vastly overrated"

Parenting is mostly a chick thing, the job of the apex predator male is war.

Edited by Dougie93

Have kids as you like, I didn't say don't have them,  I said we don't have them, and I gave the ultimate reason why

I've been a survivalist since I was in short pants, first thing I decided was that kids were not worth the grief.

Like me ol' pappy used to say "son, I love you, but parenting is vastly overrated"

Fair enough, just saying your other reasons are way better than your "ultimate reason".

Edited by Yzermandius19

25 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

That was my first and foremost reason, from there I found other reasons, mostly needing to be able to move fast with no attachments if the shit hit the fan

But look what happened to Neil, I would have rather been Chris, personally, though I get the appeal of Neil's philosophy. If he just trusted Eady, he could have gotten in the car and drove away, instead he thought she ratted him out, so bailed and ended up getting killed by Vincent. Killed by his own code.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

But look what happened to Neil, I would have rather been Chris, personally, though I get the appeal.

I am McCauley, I fell head over heels for the girl, but we don't have kids, she never wanted them, if she did, I couldn't have married her, if I wanted them she wouldn't have married me.

It's just about us, rolling down the road together, relaxed in the saddle

I just have to make sure that I don't go after Waingro, that I just let it go, and move on.

Life is Heat.

I am McCauley, I fell head over heels for the girl, but we don't have kids, she never wanted them, if she did, I couldn't have married her, if I wanted them she wouldn't have married me.

It's just about us, rolling down the road together, relaxed in the saddle

I just have to make sure that I don't go after Waingro, that I just let it go, and move on.

Life is Heat.

Yeah, True, if you just don't go after Waingro, that's the way to go, at least for you and your wife. I'd rather just be Chris with Neil's smarts and discipline though. Some attachments are worth it, just got make sure you pick Eady over Waingro in the end, Neil simply made the wrong choice.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Thus why I am a recluse, we're already home free, don't go looking for Waingro

But I want the healthy middle ground between Neil and Chris. In the end Neil's own philosophy caused him not to trust Eady when he needed to most, while Chris's philosophy caused him to trust Charlene when he needed to most. Got to watch out for that fatal flaw.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, -TSS- said:

You think everything will return to as it was before when this crisis is over? I don't think so. Airliners are going bust because people are not travelling and even when the restrictions are lifted are unlikely to flock into countries like Italy or Spain.

They'll probably never flock again until planes have far more room aboard them.

I suspect travel will never be the same. Two weeks ago I travelled to Vancouver and back by ferry. If I'm parked on the upper car deck I quite often stay in my vehicle and nap my way across unless I'm forced to go above due to safety regulations forbidding passengers to be in the lower deck while underway.

Those regulations aren't being enforced anymore.