Sad Announcement

Since this is under the "off topic discussions sector" I hope all of u won't mind me posting this.. On July 6th of this year, my hubby and I were coming back from London On from getting a Scan for my hubby's skin cancer of the nose he's been fighting for some years. They gave him a dye with the scan and was told to wait 15 minutes before leaving to see if he had any reactions to it. Since he didn't we left and he drove out of the city to Talbotville, on the edge of London On were Picards have a peanut store. We went in and then I drove home which is about 1 1/2 hr away. About 30 minutes later he started to go into a seizure and gasping for air....it was all over within 2 minutes....he died. I was in the middle of nowhere, and only though I had to get to our doctor and so I drove mostly 140 all the home, lucky not much traffic on rural highway. When I got back into our county, I reached over and felt for pulse and there was none. I don't know how I kept my head but when I got home , my youngest son, called 911 and then I lost it. I had met my hubby 48 years ago, and we dated 4 years before getting married. His passing is bitter-sweet. The scan showed he had cancer of the nose and would have to lose his nose, which he had said, he couldn't living with a false nose and have to breath out of his mouth. He was in a lot of stress and his nose itched 24/7 and I felt so sorry for him. So now I'm TRYING to go on with my life for my kids, but I miss my hubby, he was such a really nice guy had lots of friends. Since this forum is like a family, especially for those who have been on here for years, I just wanted u all to know. Thank you for your time Topaz.

After the tears have dried and the goodbyes have been said, all we have to hold onto are the happy memories that we’ve shared with our loved ones who have passed, this is what keeps them alive in our hearts and in our minds, and they will continue to live on, through us.

My condolences.

My sincerest sympathies for your heartbreaking loss. I hope you find it within yourself to get the support you need to be able to carry on not just for your kids, but for yourself and to honour his memory. Transitions in life are frightening because the path before you is unknown. But please, keep him in your heart always, keep your head high, and just keep taking one step at a time forward.

Thank you all for your kind words, its tough because I was 16 and he was 19 and he was my whole life. The basis item that keeps me going at my adult kids, there's no gr kids but to get all the business done, which will take about 1-2 years with the estate and paying income taxes and getting everything cleared and paid for. I know he's in a better place and I thought he would die of cancer, not of getting a CT Scan and not riding home. BTW, my son's friend, had a CT scan with dye, and he too was diabetic and he had seize also, but, at least, he was in the hospital at the time. The poor guy, he lost his foot to the disease. My hubby and I talked about the chances of his dying and it did scare him greatly but he was the kind of guy who only thought of good positive thoughts. Talks, that's what I miss the most about him. He was soooooo easy to talk to and at times, what would start out for 15 minute chat, would ended up a couple of hours. So now, I know I have to start life without him but like I told him IF I died before him.... its like a book... the lives of Topaz and Hubby and when one dies, the book comes to an end, u close it, remember the good parts and move to your next book. Again, thank you for your kind words, it helps me to tell u all.

So sorry for your loss. His love for you and yours for him shines on brightly, it will never dim and he will be with you always. I was glad to read that you have family to mourn him with and also to celebrate him with, because nothing matters more than family.

Since this is under the "off topic discussions sector" I hope all of u won't mind me posting this.. On July 6th of this year, my hubby and I were coming back from London On from getting a Scan for my hubby's skin cancer of the nose he's been fighting for some years. They gave him a dye with the scan and was told to wait 15 minutes before leaving to see if he had any reactions to it. Since he didn't we left and he drove out of the city to Talbotville, on the edge of London On were Picards have a peanut store. We went in and then I drove home which is about 1 1/2 hr away. About 30 minutes later he started to go into a seizure and gasping for air....it was all over within 2 minutes....he died. I was in the middle of nowhere, and only though I had to get to our doctor and so I drove mostly 140 all the home, lucky not much traffic on rural highway. When I got back into our county, I reached over and felt for pulse and there was none. I don't know how I kept my head but when I got home , my youngest son, called 911 and then I lost it. I had met my hubby 48 years ago, and we dated 4 years before getting married. His passing is bitter-sweet. The scan showed he had cancer of the nose and would have to lose his nose, which he had said, he couldn't living with a false nose and have to breath out of his mouth. He was in a lot of stress and his nose itched 24/7 and I felt so sorry for him. So now I'm TRYING to go on with my life for my kids, but I miss my hubby, he was such a really nice guy had lots of friends. Since this forum is like a family, especially for those who have been on here for years, I just wanted u all to know. Thank you for your time Topaz.

I'm hugging you, Topaz.

So now I'm TRYING to go on with my life for my kids, but I miss my hubby, he was such a really nice guy had lots of friends. Since this forum is like a family, especially for those who have been on here for years, I just wanted u all to know. Thank you for your time Topaz.

Hi Topaz, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong, and take comfort in your loved ones.

-k