America under President Trump

44 minutes ago, eyeball said:

1. How many times do you need to go there to know? 

2. Except what they're discussing is ending or putting a stop to multiculturalism.

3. Case in point..go see the thread on rampant antisemitism. It just doesn't matter how much you try to discuss it's how much you agree that matters and if you don't...you'll only get shit on.

1. Maybe once, to look into it.

2. That's a separate issue.  Everyone has an agenda.  The question is about the observation.

3. Sounds like discussion to me.

The political system in the USA is in such disarray that the president can't even talk on the phone with other leaders without it being leaked!

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/why-leaking-transcripts-of-trumps-calls-is-so-dangerous/535809/

Leaking the transcript of a presidential call to a foreign leader is unprecedented, shocking, and dangerous. It is vitally important that a president be able to speak confidentially—and perhaps even more important that foreign leaders understand that they can reply in confidence.

55 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

The political system in the USA is in such disarray that the president can't even talk on the phone with other leaders without it being leaked

I can imagine it being an even more chaotic/tense day in the WH. I wonder if we will see further firings.  

You  wonder what kind of operation he is running in that place. These are after all supposed to be his people. People he selected. It seems his management style is based more on survival of the fittest (or meanest), rather than team building. Except for family of course.

Edited by Wilber
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wilber said:

You  wonder what kind of operation he is running in that place. These are after all supposed to be his people. People he selected. It seems his management style is based more on survival of the fittest (or meanest), rather than team building. Except for family of course.

The thing is, he is such a nut that I wouldn't put it past him to be doing the leaking himself.  

16 hours ago, Omni said:

This could get even more interesting now that Mueller has issued subpoenas, and begun probing Trump's finances with regard to the Russian issue.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/mueller-grand-jury/index.html

Yes it looks like it's going beyond comedy now, to real substance. 

If Trump tries to get rid of Mueller, he really exposes himself. Either way, the shadow of this investigation will really interfere with his credibility and ability to get anything done. Maybe he'll resign to avoid his business and tax affairs being scrutinized.

26 minutes ago, jacee said:

Yes it looks like it's going beyond comedy now, to real substance. 

If Trump tries to get rid of Mueller, he really exposes himself. Either way, the shadow of this investigation will really interfere with his credibility and ability to get anything done. Maybe he'll resign to avoid his business and tax affairs being scrutinized.

And he still whines that all his troubles are the fault of the Dems., while most know who controls congress as well as the WH.

This is a tragedy, not entertainment. If the POTUS manages to recover some stability in the Administration and become effective, that would be the best outcome. I disagree with everything he campaigned on but he is the President. He has so far failed to surround himself with people who are smarter and more experienced than himself. That was what Reagan did. My other concern is Vice President Pence becoming President. OTOH, that would still be better than no effective government.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

This is a tragedy, not entertainment. If the POTUS manages to recover some stability in the Administration and become effective, that would be the best outcome. I disagree with everything he campaigned on but he is the President. He has so far failed to surround himself with people who are smarter and more experienced than himself. That was what Reagan did. My other concern is Vice President Pence becoming President. OTOH, that would still be better than no effective government.

He has surrounded himself with some duds for sure: his kids, his son in law, Kelly Ann Conway, more recently Scaramucci,etc., but he does have a few smart people: Tillerson, Kelly, Sessions, etc., but he doesn't seem to have the brains to be able to determine which are which.

I got a kick out of one of the latest ways Trump opened mouth/inserted foot. He claimed he won New Hampshire because, "it's a drug infested den". Yikes! And as it turns out that was a lie as he didn't win NH, but the big backfire is he is suggesting that whacked out drug addicts are part of his fan base. I wonder if that has donned on the "god ole' boys" from Alabama etc.

On 8/3/2017 at 0:26 PM, Wilber said:

Yes.  Like other authoritarian kleptocratic leaders, Trump promotes his family to positions for which they have 0 qualifications.  Anyone else is used as long as they are useful, then demonized and dumped.

Trump must have had something big on Priebus.  After Trump got Scaramucci to completely and publicly humiliate him, Priebus went on national TV like a whipped dog and proclaimed his undying devotion to the man that made him look like a fool.

As the Trump shit show drags on and the walls of cognitive dissonance that protect many Trump supporters from seeing clearly crumble, Trump's approval ratings drop lower and lower.  It will be interesting to see how many people stay loyal, particularly within the congressional GOP, when Mueller starts to issue indictments. 

Trump supporters can loosely be categorized as following:

• Sociopaths - these are people who know what Trump is but support him because they think they can get some personal advantage from his presidency, like a tax cut.  Sadly, this category currently includes most of the congressional GOP.
  • Sycophants - sociopaths wouldn't be as dangerous if they didn't have their hangers on.  Like remoras riding sharks, they feed on the trail of carnage.
  • Extremists - include many of the people who show up at Trump rallies, a collection of racists, misogynists, single issue fetishists (e.g. abortion is murder), anti-globalists and other right wing crackpots.  This group will be the last to abandon their hero, although he will do little of substance even for them.
  • Fools - Underemployed, under-educated, under-informed, these are ordinary people who believed Trump when he said he would bring back jobs and put things back to the way they were in the (fill in your favorite decade here).  I feel badly for these people.  I grew up in a situation where money was hard to come by and things were tight.  There was a time when I was younger when I might have been fooled by a con artist also.

As time drags on and the Trump debacle worsens, the fools will gradually overcome their cognitive dissonance and realize that the MSM, whatever their flaws, are not pawns of the deep state and that what they say about Trump have truth.  They have started to drift away and that trend will continue.  Most of the sociopaths never intended to support Trump over the long haul (their goals were dismantling Obamacare, getting big tax cuts and getting fat contracts from Trump's infrastructure spending) and they will drop him once the gig is up.  They will take the sycophants with them.  Then, we'll get to see how large the pool of right wing nutbars in the USA really is.  it would be nice if it were in the neighborhood of 5% but I suspect is is much larger - perhaps 20% or more.

7 minutes ago, ReeferMadness said:

As the Trump shit show drags on and the walls of cognitive dissonance that protect many Trump supporters from seeing clearly crumble, Trump's approval ratings drop lower and lower.  It will be interesting to see how many people stay loyal, particularly within the congressional GOP, when Mueller starts to issue indictments. 

Trump supporters can loosely be categorized as following:

• Sociopaths - these are people who know what Trump is but support him because they think they can get some personal advantage from his presidency, like a tax cut.  Sadly, this category currently includes most of the congressional GOP.
  • Sycophants - sociopaths wouldn't be as dangerous if they didn't have their hangers on.  Like remoras riding sharks, they feed on the trail of carnage.
  • Extremists - include many of the people who show up at Trump rallies, a collection of racists, misogynists, single issue fetishists (e.g. abortion is murder), anti-globalists and other right wing crackpots.  This group will be the last to abandon their hero, although he will do little of substance even for them.
  • Fools - Underemployed, under-educated, under-informed, these are ordinary people who believed Trump when he said he would bring back jobs and put things back to the way they were in the (fill in your favorite decade here).  I feel badly for these people.  I grew up in a situation where money was hard to come by and things were tight.  There was a time when I was younger when I might have been fooled by a con artist also.

As time drags on and the Trump debacle worsens, the fools will gradually overcome their cognitive dissonance and realize that the MSM, whatever their flaws, are not pawns of the deep state and that what they say about Trump have truth.  They have started to drift away and that trend will continue.  Most of the sociopaths never intended to support Trump over the long haul (their goals were dismantling Obamacare, getting big tax cuts and getting fat contracts from Trump's infrastructure spending) and they will drop him once the gig is up.  They will take the sycophants with them.  Then, we'll get to see how large the pool of right wing nutbars in the USA really is.  it would be nice if it were in the neighborhood of 5% but I suspect is is much larger - perhaps 20% or more.

trump has succeeded in bringing back many jobs, as US employment is rising. Their economy is hitting record highs as well.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/business/economy/jobs-report-unemployment.html

Your conclusions couldn't be more wrong. You have no idea why people want someone like Donald Trump to be president. It has nothing to do with sociopaths, sychophants and whatever other big S words you left wing psychologists want to ascribe to people. The fact that you dismiss people with these ignorant pejoratives only makes them stronger.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

trump has succeeded in bringing back many jobs, as US employment is rising.

As many jobs were created during the same time frame of Obama's presidency, and look at the shit show of an economic mess he was handed. Then take a look at what each accomplished, Trump nothing much beyond appointing a SC judge, and a huge turmoil in the WH. And look at hos approval ratings (33%) and the profile of those people. Mostly unemployed, uneducated who voted hoping to see jobs. Well I guess they can crawl back into a coal mine, while "the hair" flies to his golf course at taxpayers expense.

10 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

trump has succeeded in bringing back many jobs, as US employment is rising. Their economy is hitting record highs as well.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/business/economy/jobs-report-unemployment.html

Your conclusions couldn't be more wrong. You have no idea why people want someone like Donald Trump to be president. It has nothing to do with sociopaths, sychophants and whatever other big S words you left wing psychologists want to ascribe to people. The fact that you dismiss people with these ignorant pejoratives only makes them stronger.

Interesting that even though Trump and Trudeau govern differently, both countries are experiencing economic gains.  How is that possible?

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Interesting that even though Trump and Trudeau govern differently, both countries are experiencing economic gains.  How is that possible?

The answer is that Canada's economy is far more dependent on the U.S.

That's why Trudeau has an army of ministers and staffers swarming U.S. federal and state government before NAFTA negotiations begin.

16 minutes ago, Omni said:

As many jobs were created during the same time frame of Obama's presidency, and look at the shit show of an economic mess he was handed. Then take a look at what each accomplished, Trump nothing much beyond appointing a SC judge, and a huge turmoil in the WH. And look at hos approval ratings (33%) and the profile of those people. Mostly unemployed, uneducated who voted hoping to see jobs. Well I guess they can crawl back into a coal mine, while "the hair" flies to his golf course at taxpayers expense.

You're free to ignore reality all you wish. There is no pill for the disease you suffer from.

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What a laugh.  He's done nothing but golf, brag about the election, flip White House staff and unsuccessfully try to repeal Obamacare.  How has that affected employment? 

They better be stronger because already there is a lot fewer of them.  Let's see how many are left when the indictments start to drop.

:D:D