America under President Trump

22 hours ago, hot enough said:

Read: We have a totally fucked system of "government". 

And everyone should take the time to learn as to who is behind this "totally fucked system of government" that we are all stuck and have to live with. I don't want to say as to who I believe is behind it all because I am pretty sure that I would get called an anti semite. So I will just keep it to myself. :D 

54 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Still waiting for President Trump's impeachment any day now...surely it will happen tomorrow...just to keep his critics in Canada happy.

In all likelihood there will be a further step down the road tomorrow. It's hilarious to watch from this vantage point.  

2 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

We've had 260 odd days of outrage, at some point you have to question whether O'donnell, Maddow, Lemon and Cooper might be full of chit?  A sane person would! 

You think those people make up Donald's tweets for him do you? 

On 7/31/2017 at 7:59 AM, Michael Hardner said:

That's a fair observation,

I went to lunch in a restaurant with my Scottish Chinese family today so I think it's a bit of stupid observation that doesn't deserve the time of day you're giving it.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I went to lunch in a restaurant with my Scottish Chinese family today so I think it's a bit of stupid observation that doesn't deserve the time of day you're giving it.

Totally agree. Does that guy get out much?  I mean, come on. This is ridiculous.   

Are we living in the 60's or does this guy only see what he wants to see?  

Edited by WestCoastRunner

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

How is an observation 'stupid' ?  You're just reporting what you see.  Assuming that the observation is honest, it at least provides a point of discussion.  

4 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Are we really sure that this observation is incorrect ?  The perspective is important.  You will see different mixes at a tony Toronto restaurant at night, a downtown food court at noon, and a Sudbury diner on a Saturday.  It's a point-in-time check-in to report what you see, nothing more.  And it's valid, if honest.

4 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Totally agree. Does that guy get out much?  I mean, come on. This is ridiculous.   

It depends on where you are.  When I was living in the Lower Mainland I rarely ate out with only white folks.  Now I'm in central AB, the opposite is true.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

As was suggested, perhaps you needs to get out more.

How so ?  It's not my observation so why do *I* need to get out more ?  

Sometimes people get so upset over objectivity, it seems to me.  You can either call Argus mistaken, or a liar I suppose, or deep dive into his observation to find out if it means anything.

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

It depends on where you are.  When I was living in the Lower Mainland I rarely ate out with only white folks.  Now I'm in central AB, the opposite is true.

There you go.  Is your observation now invalid because you live in a predominantly white part of Canada ?  No.  Does it mean anything to the discussion at large ?  Maybe.  Let's see.

When I took a cross-Canada trip 12 years ago, I noticed there was something ... off ... about billboard ads in Saskatchewan.  I finally put my finger on it: all white people, all the time.  It struck me as weird coming from a place where every grouping of people in ads features different colours.  An observation, nothing more.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

How so ?  It's not my observation so why do *I* need to get out more ?  

Sometimes people get so upset over objectivity, it seems to me.  You can either call Argus mistaken, or a liar I suppose, or deep dive into his observation to find out if it means anything.

You don't have to dive very deep to know it means nothing.

I mean of we were talking about aliens from another little pale dot malevolently crowding us out you'd have a point. But we don't and it's 2017 and we have far more important relevant things that need discussing.

And don't tell me we should start discussing them if that's the case because we have and it's not getting anyone anywhere far or fast. Going backwards is more like it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

1. You don't have to dive very deep to know it means nothing.

2. But we don't and it's 2017 and we have far more important relevant things that need discussing.

3. And don't tell me we should start discussing them if that's the case because we have and it's not getting anyone anywhere far or fast. Going backwards is more like it.

1.  Ok, well why not go there to find out ?

2.  I for one think multiculturalism is important to discuss.

3.  If Argus says "I don't see people mixing" then how is it going backwards, unless you are reading more into it than what is said ?

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  Ok, well why not go there to find out ?

2.  I for one think multiculturalism is important to discuss.

3.  If Argus says "I don't see people mixing" then how is it going backwards, unless you are reading more into it than what is said ?

1. How many times do you need to go there to know? 

2. Except what they're discussing is ending or putting a stop to multiculturalism.

3. Case in point..go see the thread on rampant antisemitism. It just doesn't matter how much you try to discuss it's how much you agree that matters and if you don't...you'll only get shit on.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, eyeball said:

3. Case in point..go see the thread on rampant antisemitism. It just doesn't matter how much you try to discuss it's how much you agree that matters and if you don't...you'll only get shit on.

I've experienced this #3 point quite often from the usual suspects.