America under President Trump

This latest North Korea thing is a tad troubling. I think a lot of people kept fingers crossed that there wouldn't be any sort of serious issue/crisis while Trump was in the WH, but NK apparently having nukes could become a bit of an issue. Hopefully a more level headed man like Tillerson will persue the diplomatic approach and keep Donald's little fingers off "the button".  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Omni said:

Too much popcorn apparently. They say it stifles brain function.

Most popcorn is GMO popcorn these days and bad for ones health but we all like to eat it especially at the movies. It would appear as though your brain has not properly functioned for decades now. Maybe you have been eating to much liberal popcorn which has stifled you from thinking with more common sense and logic. Just saying. 

12 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Here is what we can expect once trump gets involved. 

I hear he tweeted Intel sensitive information today too regarding their response to NK.

Trump's policy has been U.S. nuclear weapons policy since Eisenhower, and Canada provided the nuclear fuel cycle to help make it all possible.

Buy some gluten free marshmallows for roasting.

Trump has retweeted a fox news story based on anonymous intelligence sources. Hehe. This is hilarious. Especially after this:

"Trump has repeatedly complained about leaks of government information to the press. Last week, Attorney General Jeff Sessions vowed a crackdown, arguing such leaks could harm national security."

And Nikki Haley said this about the news report: 

"Asked about the story on Fox & Friends, U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley said, "I can't talk about anything that's classified and if that's in a newspaper, that's a shame.""

She also said this:

"Pressed on whether this was a leak, Haley said: "It's one of these things I don't know what's going on. But I will tell you that it's incredibly dangerous when things get out into the press like that.""

Don't miss the late night talk shows tonight!!

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4238758

3 hours ago, Omni said:

This latest North Korea thing is a tad troubling. I think a lot of people kept fingers crossed that there wouldn't be any sort of serious issue/crisis while Trump was in the WH, but NK apparently having nukes could become a bit of an issue. Hopefully a more level headed man like Tillerson will persue the diplomatic approach and keep Donald's little fingers off "the button".  

Well, so glad you've finally caught on to a real important problem. A "tad"? A "bit of an issue"? You must be as nuts as the other little guy. This is an goddamn emergency. Diplomatic approach? It's way, way too late for that.

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Well, so glad you've finally caught on to a real important problem. A "tad"? A "bit of an issue"? You must be as nuts as the other little guy. This is an goddamn emergency. Diplomatic approach? It's way, way too late for that.

So you would prefer bombs over diplomacy. Good thing you have no power. Luckily Tillerson is there to keep some sanity in the picture. 

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What approach would you like to see?

3 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

What approach would you like to see?

I don't know. It's very late in the game, since they've succeeded in what they were trying to do now for many years. Options are limited. The problem is the leader of the DPRK seems like a madman. I read he's had some of his own family member butchered. I don't have faith that the guy can be reasoned with.

At the very least they could surround NK with anti-ballistic missiles (already being done). Other risks are that they might provide technology or nuclear material to a terrorist black market, which they know would be used against western targets. These are grim times, just gotta hope that some form of leadership exists that knows what they're doing.

On 8/3/2017 at 3:26 PM, Wilber said:

You  wonder what kind of operation he is running in that place. These are after all supposed to be his people. People he selected. It seems his management style is based more on survival of the fittest (or meanest), rather than team building. Except for family of course.

The best explanation I saw on this came from (hold your breath) FOX news, the other night. The big problem with the Trump White House is you have two groups of people there. For want of a better term, FOX called them the Internationalists, and the Nationalists. Bannon, of course, and his cadre are on the Nationalist side. On the other side are guys like the generals and Tillerson. The problem is that Trump himself has not actually established any real policy preferences himself. He hadn't come down on one side or the other, particularly when it comes to international affairs. That leaves the people in the White House competing with each other, arguing with each other, leaking against each other, and trying to make their case both to Trump, both in person and through the media. If Trump would decide something then everyone could get together. But he can't. So the two sides continue to war against each other to convince him, convince the public and convince congress.

Edited by Argus

39 minutes ago, Argus said:

The best explanation I saw on this came from (hold your breath) FOX news, the other night. The big problem with the Trump White House is you have two groups of people there. For want of a better term, FOX called them the Internationalists, and the Nationalists. Bannon, of course, and his cadre are on the Nationalist side. On the other side are guys like the generals and Tillerson. The problem is that Trump himself has not actually established any real policy preferences himself. He hadn't come down on one side or the other, particularly when it comes to international affairs. That leaves the people in the White House competing with each other, arguing with each other, leaking against each other, and trying to make their case both to Trump, both in person and through the media. If Trump would decide something then everyone could get together. But he can't. So the two sides continue to war against each other to convince him, convince the public and convince congress.

Some leader. So he really does follow the last person who spoke to him.

• Like 1

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

They were good enough for President Harry Truman, and all those who followed.

Canada will do what it does best...just worry about it.

Can we have the Grand Canyon when you're gone...?

1 minute ago, Omni said:

No, I am totally aware of what great circles are. Do you know what a rhumb line is?

Of course...I was a commissioned officer of the line in the U.S. Navy, not a contract rent-a-pilot for the United Nations.

You probably used American GPS to find your way.   I can still do it with celestial navigation.