I've changed my mind on Donnie

34 minutes ago, West said:

I've seen the pattern of the press on both sides of the issue and no longer trust high profile characters including Donnie. 

I've also deleted my mockery of Trudeau photos. While I still cannot stomach the guy, I prefer to not engage in that type of behavior any longer. 

No one should be trusted without corroborating evidence.

Of course, once a person has demonstrated a pattern of honest BEHAVIOR, they can be trusted MORE than those who have demonstrated a long standing pattern of dishonesty.

2 hours ago, robosmith said:

Wow! Cult recovery therapy really can work.

Unless Trump told West to say that....

ummmm   (god i don't know how to break this to him.... )    Robo,  donnie  IS  trump.  

Unless you mean that people who DIDN"T like Trump were the cultists :)

Edited by CdnFox

7 hours ago, West said:

I've also deleted my mockery of Trudeau photos. While I still cannot stomach the guy, I prefer to not engage in that type of behavior any longer. 

I hope this is genuine and if so I would be very close to a full agreement. We can have differences. We can discuss them and try to come to understanding and seek solutions. But once it becomes the cult game: my version of truth against yours, my Idol is greater than yours there's no chance for any meaningful conversation and any solutions. It's a dean blind end, as dead and blind as can be.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, West said:

I do not believe he's a good person. There's a strong judgment on public figures right now in the US. 

Change one's mind is hard. Admitting it is sometimes harder. Good for you on both counts. 

And you're right. He's definitely not a good person.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, West said:

I do not believe he's a good person. There's a strong judgment on public figures right now in the US. 

What is a 'good person'? Does that mean you think Joe Biden is one?

Some of the greatest leaders are not very nice in person. Shouldn't policy and ideas matter more than whomever is portrayed as a nice guy in their projection on the media?

2 minutes ago, West said:

No I think the system of name calling and attacks strays away from what politics should be

Well, let he who is without sin do so then. Except there are none.

Looking back at your posts I see you haven't changed your mind at all. You've been a never-trumper consistently.

Am now wiping off my boots here. Adieu

Edited by OftenWrong

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

What is a 'good person'? Does that mean you think Joe Biden is one?

Some of the greatest leaders are not very nice in person. Shouldn't policy and ideas matter more than whomever is portrayed as a nice guy in their projection on the media?

What makes you believe Joe Biden is not a good person? Him breathing near women's hair?

Did Joe tell an armed mob dressed in body armor to go to the Capitol and "fight like hell" during the EC vote certification?

35 minutes ago, West said:

I think Joe has been portrayed as something bad in the public.

Of course. Always happens for POLITICAL PURPOSES. Mostly they TRY to tar him with Hunter's businesses.

Selling influence is NOT ILLEGAL. DELIVERING political favors for money is. AKA bribery.

35 minutes ago, West said:

Ultimately hes a human being, a grandfather, husband, etc. even if his actions are wrong. 

What "actions are wrong"? Even the House Republicons cannot find a crime by Joe to justify impeachment in spite of Trump's demands they do it. 

3 hours ago, West said:

I think Joe has been portrayed as something bad in the public. Ultimately hes a human being, a grandfather, husband, etc. even if his actions are wrong. 

Lots of bad people are humans.  While i appreciate the "Just because your a badguy doesnt' mean you're a bad guy" meme, being an grandfather etc etc does not make them good people.

Edited by CdnFox

4 hours ago, West said:

I think Joe has been portrayed as something bad in the public. Ultimately hes a human being, a grandfather, husband, etc. even if his actions are wrong. 

I think that Biden is the Democratic President of the United States, and that it does not matter who the Democratic President of the United States is, the Republican Party and right wing media will definitely portray that person as “something bad.”

They begin by saying, “Hey, this person is pro-abortion. Therefore, the person is a baby murdered and every single decision the person makes is immoral and evil.” It is a deeply flawed argument, but that’s what they do.

17 minutes ago, Rebound said:

I think that Biden is the Democratic President of the United States, and that it does not matter who the Democratic President of the United States is, the Republican Party and right wing media will definitely portray that person as “something bad.”

They begin by saying, “Hey, this person is pro-abortion. Therefore, the person is a baby murdered and every single decision the person makes is immoral and evil.” It is a deeply flawed argument, but that’s what they do.

Right.  Because the dems don't do ANYTHING like that right :P  LOLOL

Honestly between the two the dems are the worst. But both do it for sure. And this is very historical, today's version is much much tamer than what you'd ahve seen in centuries gone by. Back in the day it was pretty wild.

5 hours ago, West said:

Joe is bad. 

Not Hitler bad, but he's grifter/liar/scum bad, and he doesn't have America's best interests at heart. He's also a completely useless human being. 

If we're being honest here, there's not a single person who posts on this site that would hire Joe to run a hot dog stand. Do you think Joe could cook hot dogs and mind the cash for two hours straight? Plus sell some chips and pop? If not, he shouldn't be president. 

I think we need to make peace with a simple concept -

The kind of person who has the drive, ambition and skills to get to the top and become president or even a presidential candidate successfully is almost certainly going to be a bad person. They may be slighlty more or less bad than others, and they may have good parts as well, but NOBODY rises to take that job without being a bit of a slimy scumbag. It's like having a 100 percent honest and fair person win survivor - that's just not how that game works.

45 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Joe is bad. 

Not Hitler bad, but he's grifter/liar/scum bad, and he doesn't have America's best interests at heart. He's also a completely useless human being. 

If we're being honest here, there's not a single person who posts on this site that would hire Joe to run a hot dog stand. Do you think Joe could cook hot dogs and mind the cash for two hours straight? Plus sell some chips and pop? If not, he shouldn't be president. 

I couldn't do that either, because I would be bored to death.

7 hours ago, West said:

I appreciate this post and am willing to be wrong about Joe Biden. When I say "even if his actions are wrong" I mean even if you disagree with him he should still be treated as a human being. 

I will try to be more mindful about what I read and how I interpret it, willing to change opinions if new facts warrant it. 

This is the heart of the problem —we’ve gone way, way past simply disagreeing about which policies are best for America. It’s sad.  

On 2/3/2024 at 8:02 PM, West said:

Trump isn't a good person for left-wingers, but since when was that a bad thing? It never has been, nor will it ever be. 

On 2/3/2024 at 10:13 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

You thought he was a good person?

As opposed to Joe Biden? Yes. Trump is a saint compared to that hair sniffing pedophile. 

I will agree that Trump is not a stand up guy that I would want to be connected to. However, my primary issue with him is his demonstrated agreement with conspiracy theories. Its one thing for random internet hack to buy into them but a public official is held to a higher standard. To base your comments and decisions on unfounded (and almost always unprovable) conspiracy theories is unforgivable. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, myata said:

Putin: "a genius"

Jong Un: "very honorable person"

The eyes and a brain is all that one needs. It's all right there.

What does your brain tell you that means?

It tells mine that Trump is manipulatable by flattery and believes others are also susceptible to that manipulation.

Despite extensive evidence that it doesn't work with HIS targets, cause they see right through him.