I've changed my mind on Donnie

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

I will agree that Trump is not a stand up guy that I would want to be connected to. However, my primary issue with him is his demonstrated agreement with conspiracy theories. Its one thing for random internet hack to buy into them but a public official is held to a higher standard. To base your comments and decisions on unfounded (and almost always unprovable) conspiracy theories is unforgivable. 

I don't believe anything Trump says can be taken at face value. Just because Trump promotes conspiracy theories, is not really evidence that he believes them; only that he believes he can use them to get what he wants, esp from the MAGA CULT cause they are so gullible.

4 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It tells mine that Trump is manipulatable by flattery

Because he's a pompous flake full of sh*t and his lies and brutal dictator thugs know exactly how to lead them around their little finger. Donny the conqueror, the pathetic comedy.

On 2/3/2024 at 10:11 PM, Zeitgeist said:

What made you decide?  I never liked Trump either, but it’s hard to trust what’s on offer, so it’s a choice of the lesser of evils.

Just curious . . .  If Donald Trump had a balding man's short haircut, and spoke in a calm manner in public, had not gone on social media, and generally exuded a calm and happy countenance . . . would you like him?

Were his policies anti-American, as our PM's policies are anti-Canadian?  Did Trump have the American citizens best interests in mind?  How bad was he overall, or is a visual impression  . . . ??

7 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Just curious . . .  If Donald Trump had a balding man's short haircut, and spoke in a calm manner in public, had not gone on social media, and generally exuded a calm and happy countenance . . . would you like him?

Were his policies anti-American, as our PM's policies are anti-Canadian?  Did Trump have the American citizens best interests in mind?  How bad was he overall, or is a visual impression  . . . ??

I can't speak for Zeitgeist, but I think if you strip all of that stuff away, he'd be waaaay less popular.

If you just put together a blinded list (no name) of the things that Trump has done--the policy, the lies, the corruption--nobody would say "Yeah that's all fine." Nobody on either side of the aisle would choose that resume.

He's beloved by the MAGA base specifically because he causes chaos and outrage. Because he provokes, through boorish behavior, both establishment conservatives and liberals. They love him like they love a professional wrestling heel (also on Trump's resume). They revel in spite and chaos. If they can't have it their way (and their way isn't very popular) they'd rather burn it all down. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Well exactly.  The world was a relatively peaceful and prosperous place under Trump except that he tended to ratchet up the bombastic rhetoric, which worried people. It was polarizing. I appreciate his outsider status and it’s obvious that there’s a concerted effort to destroy him for spurious reasons. The radical left has been far more dangerous than Trump.  The creepy alliance between the radical left and the neo-liberals/cons in deep state permanent Washington has generated culture and physical wars.  In that regard we were better off with Trump, but even he couldn’t reel them in.  They are still trying to destroy him and will continue to try throughout and after his presidency if he’s elected.  The radical left and the war mongers who use the radical left as a distraction are destroying America.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well exactly.  The world was a relatively peaceful and prosperous place under Trump except that he tended to ratchet up the bombastic rhetoric, which worried people. It was polarizing. I appreciate his outsider status and it’s obvious that there’s a concerted effort to destroy him for spurious reasons. The radical left has been far more dangerous than Trump.  The creepy alliance between the radical left and the neo-liberals/cons in deep state permanent Washington has generated culture and physical wars.  In that regard we were better off with Trump, but even he couldn’t reel them in.  They are still trying to destroy him and will continue to try throughout and after his presidency if he’s elected.  The radical left and the war mongers who use the radical left as a distraction are destroying America.

Trump's incompetence caused the pandemic to spread here much more than was necessary.

The economy crashed and many were out of work. Not prosperous.

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Trump's incompetence caused the pandemic to spread here much more than was necessary.

The economy crashed and many were out of work. Not prosperous.

The destructive lockdowns came from the Dems. Chicago basically shut down education and ruined kids for two years.  Florida kept its economy strong and maintained constitutional rights.  NY and California basically became quasi-totalitarian.  The death rates could’ve been lower in all those states, but at what cost?  China had a very low death rate but I wouldn’t want to live there.  Trump actually brought the vaccines to market faster than just about anywhere.

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 2/3/2024 at 9:02 PM, West said:

I do not believe he's a good person. There's a strong judgment on public figures right now in the US. 

West, I salute you. Regardless of your view of President Trump, you have demonstrated that rare virtue of re-examining your opinions and following a new path. That is maturity and courage.

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Florida, with half the population of Canada suffered almost 25% more cases and almost twice as many deaths. 

I wish I was in Florida instead of Canada throughout that period.  Canada became a suffocating totalitarian mess.  It isn’t fully recovered either.

23 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

The destructive lockdowns came from the Dems. Chicago basically shut down education and ruined kids for two years.  Florida kept its economy strong and maintained constitutional rights.  NY and California basically became quasi-totalitarian.  The death rates could’ve been lower in all those states, but at what cost?  China had a very low death rate but I wouldn’t want to live there.  Trump actually brought the vaccines to market faster than just about anywhere.

Nope. Pfizer didn't take any of the Trump's money.

CA closed non-essential businesses, but we were otherwise UNRESTRICTED other than wearing masks. 

Trump was RESPONSIBLE for FALSELY publicly MINIMIZING the danger and many in red states refused vaccination.

FACT IS Trump's travel ban was NOT. Tens of thousands flew back to the US with no masks, no testing, no tracking and no quarantining, resulting in MAJOR SUPER-SPREADER events.

IOW, you don't know what you're talking about.

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I wish I was in Florida instead of Canada throughout that period.  Canada became a suffocating totalitarian mess.  It isn’t fully recovered either.

So generous of your willingness trade OTHERS' LIVES for your "freedom." 🤮

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

We are happy you aren't among the 93,000 people in Florida who lost their lives to Covid. You would be missed.

14 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

However, he did get vaccinated and encouraged everyone to get vaccinated. 

You mean his secret vaccination he never told the public about?

Trump Got Vaccinated Secretly, Because Otherwise He Might Have Helped the Country

He also held mask free mass rallies which were super-spreader events.

Even killed one of his biggest supporters who got COVID at one.

'We killed Herman Cain': Trump staffers say they blame themselves for Cain's COVID-19 death after he attended Tulsa rally