Canadian military bases mandate menstruation kits in men’s bathrooms

CdnFox

https://tnc.news/2023/12/08/can-military-mandate-menstruation-kits-mens-bathrooms/

In a move to align with the Liberal government’s commitment to “inclusivity,” Canadian military bases are required to provide menstrual products, including tampons and pads, in men’s washrooms by December 15.

This directive, issued by Employment and Social Development Canada, extends to all federally regulated workplaces and military installations.

True North has independently verified the implementation of this policy in at least one Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) military base, where menstruation kits are now available in men’s washrooms. 

"We could really use more ammo to practice with and some newer gear. Could you help us out?"  -  "Best we can do for you is menstruation kits in the mens bathrooms.  That's our budget blown."

And trudeau says the country isn't "broken" .  Sigh.

"menstruation kits"

Reminds me of a really old National Lampoon article on what teen boys imagined was on the instruction sheet in a pack of Kotex. Rube Goldberg contraptions to insert and remove tampons, 3 pages of strap, belt & button clamp arrangements to hold a pad in place,,,,?

So what? The real problem is why the hell still have Mens & Womens bathrooms. It's the Army, desegregate already.

13 minutes ago, herbie said:

"menstruation kits"

Reminds me of a really old National Lampoon article on what teen boys imagined was on the instruction sheet in a pack of Kotex. Rube Goldberg contraptions to insert and remove tampons, 3 pages of strap, belt & button clamp arrangements to hold a pad in place,,,,?

So what? The real problem is why the hell still have Mens & Womens bathrooms. It's the Army, desegregate already.

Kinda sounds like they basically have.

8 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

My understanding is the Trudeau government has mandated this for all federal government buildings.

Pretty sure you misunderstood LOL

Anyway, I am unaware of any "reverse" transgender military persons. Meaning she to he transformations.

When I served, I was aware of a number of female members that could pass as males??  LOL

19 hours ago, herbie said:

"menstruation kits"

Your stupidity never ceases to amaze.

You know that the men shower in open rooms, right?

How do you think it's gonna work if women just start showering with all the men? What woman is going to go take a shower there? 

----- Below is a generic response, not intended for herbie specifically, but the forum engine insists that they are merged ----

About 40% of male voters are Liberal, and we can't really deny them all the right to military service, so menstruation kits are a necessity. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

How do you think it's gonna work if women just start showering with all the men? What woman is going to go take a shower there? 

Oh yes, the sight of naked women invokes immediate rape response. Just like showering with a black soldier invoked instant lynch response in the old days.

5 hours ago, herbie said:

Oh yes, the sight of naked women invokes immediate rape response. Just like showering with a black soldier invoked instant lynch response in the old days.

A lot of men aren't comfortable showing their male privates to female privates for cultural reasons.  It's really odd you'd go straight to rape.

Did you have something you wanted to share with the class?

When the Army said they desperately needed MANPADS this is not what they meant!

But don’t you worry folks. This is actually all part of the CAF’s program to supply the new C-69 Used Tampon Extended Range Artillery System. (UTERAS). These ethically sourced, biodegradable, non-lethal munitions are guaranteed to cause even the most determined enemy to beat a hasty retreat!

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Haha 3

This didn’t really happen, did it?  It must be a joke.

The Canadian federal government led by Trudeau’s Liberal Party of Lunacy is an international laughingstock.  Both the creature who initiated this policy and the creatures who signed off on it must be fired immediately.

Actually I take it back.  Increase funding on the Manpads immediately.  Every male age 12 and up should get a menstruation kit for every day of the week.  In fact, out of an abundance of equity caution, every male should be forced to wear a pad stuck up his arse in solidarity with trans women who cannot menstruate, which is all of them.

Edited by Zeitgeist

21 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

This didn’t really happen, did it?  It must be a joke.

The Canadian federal government led by Trudeau’s Liberal Party of Lunacy is an international laughingstock.  Both the creature who initiated this policy and the creatures who signed off on it must be fired immediately.

Actually I take it back.  Increase funding on the Manpads immediately.  Every male age 12 and up should get a menstruation kit for every day of the week.  In fact, out of an abundance of equity caution, every male should be forced to wear a pad stuck up his arse in solidarity with trans women who cannot menstruate, which is all of them.

Will you shut up?!?!  You're ruining the gov't funded hypocrisy for everyone!!!

• Haha 1

Talk about brain locked ultra-conservatives. Can't even imagine having just a "bathroom" in a facility. Can't comprehend desegregation by race began in the military and by sex is no different.

Didn't ask why, gotta make up imaginary reasons that play to the fears of other so worried about their obvious latent sexuality. Probably grit their teeth and tighten the bunghole trying not to blush if they have to [or even think of) buying plugs and pads in their grocery list.
Go rant on how there's condom machines in the ladies room at the bar. They must be for trannies!

I mean can't differentiate between sex and going to the bathroom... that's sick.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Not just the government and military I'm afraid. I went into the office a couple weeks ago to find a tampoon machine in the men's room. I'm thinking there should be condom machines beside them.

I mean hell, let's get libbie as possible. All those desks...row after row...just begging for some good clean fun...right?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, herbie said:

can't differentiate between sex and going to the bathroom... that's sick.

There are people who have that problem. There are perverts, and stuff. Not a lot, but how many does it take before you want to make sure your daughter won't be confronted by some 50 y/o fat and balding guy wearinig a tutu? And saying, where's my tampon machine and where are the condoms?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Talk about brain locked ultra-conservatives. Can't even imagine having just a "bathroom" in a facility. Can't comprehend desegregation by race began in the military and by sex is no different.

Didn't ask why, gotta make up imaginary reasons that play to the fears of other so worried about their obvious latent sexuality. Probably grit their teeth and tighten the bunghole trying not to blush if they have to [or even think of) buying plugs and pads in their grocery list.
Go rant on how there's condom machines in the ladies room at the bar. They must be for trannies!

I mean can't differentiate between sex and going to the bathroom... that's sick.

If you believed any of that you wouldn't have to lie and pretend it wasn't a men's bathroom.

9 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

That’s why they’re in men’s bathrooms.  Why’s that a difficult concept?

Okay, a basic logical syllogism:

No men menstruate.

Men’s washrooms are for men.

Users of men’s washrooms don’t need kits for menstruation.

You can lie about biology and pretend that some women dressed up as men or with modified physical features are men, but they are not.

A country that legislates lies and funds policies to support the lies is on a path towards self-abnegation.

That’s reality.  We are being told to lie and support lies to make some people feel affirmed, which has implications for other rights and truth itself.

The fact that it’s controversial to question such laws and policies says much about why we’ve become a society that can’t get the basics right, like housing people.

At some point citizens became accustomed to swallowing such absurdity on a regular basis.  Now it’s infused in our institutions under the banner of Equity, Inclusivity, and Diversity.

What more nonsense have we already swallowed and what more will be required of us?   My educated guess is, a lot.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, herbie said:

This is not about brain lock, it's about social norms....PT plays a huge role in the military, after morning  PT a large majority shower at work... most 99 % of military bathrooms have showers / locker rooms attached , not all of them are single use showers with privacy curtains , but rather communal, shower heads surround the wall where dozen shower together...my question to you would be what would you think of your wife sharing the same shower facility...

This is not star ship troopers, in Canada we still have separate showers for both sexes...now while in Afghanistan, we found several European nations have much different social norms and everyone showers together without much problems, but we Canadians are not there yet...shit we are still coming to grips with women going topless at the beach...

This is just another woke social act to appease a very few individuals...who are making good money and could probably afford to by there own feminist products or atleast have them on hand when that time comes...put a tampon dispensing machine in each bathroom, it really makes no difference to anyone...except to an organization already cash strapped being forced to put a machine in each bathroom when there are probably only a couple dozen trans women in the entire forces. It would make more sense to purchase a machine once that trans women got posted in...

14 hours ago, CdnFox said:

If you believed any of that you wouldn't have to lie and pretend it wasn't a men's bathroom.

WTF are you talking about pretending, you're the one imagining things. Or should I just point out you usual habit when you're incapable of discussion of lying and claiming people stated whatever you claim they did?

BTW they'gonna be in all federal men's bathrooms soon, and for FREE. Now you can whine how women get things free but men don't and that's discrimination. Even though you can use the pads as bandages and the tampons top plug the bullet holes or shove them up your butt and mince around if you want to.

FFS 'social norms' like your wife has to have a separate bathroom or if you're in the Army you gotta shower & share the shitter with openly gay guys? Social norms change in case you haven't noticed. And in a democracy they always will no matter what blockhead you vote for.

20 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You do, most of us live in reality.

Reality is stranger than any dystopian novel or movie that's ever been produced. Reality has been stranger than fiction forever.

In reality there are cultural and practical differences between men and women.

And now there are a few more, a reality you people seem to need medication to get over.  Lay off the LSD and try mushrooms maybe.