The end of Canadian dream

That's it. A mindless careless ride can only go for so long: no free lunch in the entropy world and the destination is near.

Canada cannot provide universal prosperity.

The claim to egalitarianism is nowhere near the entitled reality with obscene, self-appointed, not earned and undeserved benefits.

The claim to inclusion and cohesion is undermined and upended by vigilante division on most remote issues, only for the sake of rising ideological banner

The promise of own place: gone. Not possible anymore.

The economy is monopolized and ineffective. Price / quality / value don't make any sense in many sectors.

The inflation and cost of housing make Canada not a livable place anymore.

The political system is in an impassable dead end. Outdated and archaic, self-absorbed and entitled system cannot effectively serve the needs of a modern democratic society.

Public debt is at all time high. There's no path to restoration of budgetary balance without dramatic cuts to services, already struggling to compete with the best practice offered by thriving democracies. Canada will be losing more of talent.

The only promise that remains is relative security for unstable, dangerous third world. That is not a path to advancement and prosperity in the new age, but race to the bottom.

I want to see arguments to the contrary. Let's see them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, myata said:

That's it. A mindless careless ride can only go for so long: no free lunch in the entropy world and the destination is near.

Canada cannot provide universal prosperity.

The claim to egalitarianism is nowhere near the entitled reality with obscene, self-appointed, not earned and undeserved benefits.

The claim to inclusion and cohesion is undermined and upended by vigilante division on most remote issues, only for the sake of rising ideological banner

The promise of own place: gone. Not possible anymore.

The economy is monopolized and ineffective. Price / quality / value don't make any sense in many sectors.

The inflation and cost of housing make Canada not a livable place anymore.

The political system is in an impassable dead end. Outdated and archaic, self-absorbed and entitled system cannot effectively serve the needs of a modern democratic society.

Public debt is at all time high. There's no path to restoration of budgetary balance without dramatic cuts to services, already struggling to compete with the best practice offered by thriving democracies. Canada will be losing more of talent.

The only promise that remains is relative security for unstable, dangerous third world. That is not a path to advancement and prosperity in the new age, but race to the bottom.

I want to see arguments to the contrary. Let's see them.

When did Canada ever promise to "provide universal prosperity."

When did Canada ever "promise of own place: "

"The economy is monopolized" ? By who?

"Canada not a livable place anymore" Yet, millions apply to come to Canada every year and a million make it in.

Public debt has been high and getting higher every year for the past 5 decades (maybe more but I could only find 50 year data).

Your points I did not address make no sense.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Just the latest in a long series of useless Myata threads all saying the same thing:  Everything is BAD.  We need to do SOMETHING.  

Western Canada separation . . . .  remove deadbeat Quebec/parasitic Ontario from the mix. 

Pipedream, I know . . . . but, Canada in its present form doesn't work anymore unless you're from Quebec/Ontario.

Please name one public service or area that is working at the level of world's benchmarks. No standard tax utility in the 21st century. I can buy great freshly baked bread in Portugal, Poland and Romania for a few dozen cents. At the current housing cost, for a median income Canadian family, living standard wouldn't be much any better, with food prices up to 10 times higher. What is the problem? What is wrong with Canada? Wheat is in  shortage? Milk? Why does not make any sense anymore? Why supermarkets ding bred prices year upon hear with no alternatives, while in Europe it can be baked on every corner?

If one defines Mexico North as median family moving from relative prosperity to mostly survival, are we already there?

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

"Canada not a livable place anymore" Yet, millions apply to come to Canada every year and a million make it in.

Are you reading carefully? They are almost 100% from unstable third world places, the only human resources Canada can find. Canada is coasting on a reputation of G7 economy decades old by for how much longer? Then I betcha many of those who succeed would begin looking for better options. World is a large place.

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

You can’t buy bread in Portugal for a few cents!  LOL

Not only that, you but he's listing off some of the poorest countries in Europe.  You may as well compare food prices in Africa to Canada while you're at it (chart shows GDP per capita).  

gdpdataportugalpoland.thumb.png.4420816eef394fbcf52599e6b3b2ad43.png

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, myata said:

Are you reading carefully? They are almost 100% from unstable third world places, the only human resources Canada can find. Canada is coasting on a reputation of G7 economy decades old by for how much longer? Then I betcha many of those who succeed would begin looking for better options. World is a large place.

Says you, the continual constant complainer. LOL

Immigrants are leaving because of the policies of this Gov. PP is right when he says Canada is broken. If we can ever get rid of this gov,we will find out that we are in big trouble. No other PM would have survived what this clown show gets away with. 

12 minutes ago, PIK said:

Immigrants are leaving because of the policies of this Gov. PP is right when he says Canada is broken. If we can ever get rid of this gov,we will find out that we are in big trouble. No other PM would have survived what this clown show gets away with. 

it's still a frozen bug infested wasteland, no matter who is in government

9 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Just the latest in a long series of useless Myata threads all saying the same thing:  Everything is BAD.  We need to do SOMETHING.  

I don't think this is just Myata thing, many organizations are pointing out that overall things are not as rosy as some point them out to be, food prices, housing prices, gas prices, etc, etc. all the highest they have ever been, poor fiscal spending by the liberals is a source of alot of this... i get it the house is not on fire, but the roof is and a lot of people are saying what do we do about it... and it is certainly not another 4 years of justin.... And someone needs to act soon...

4 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I don't think this is just Myata thing, many organizations are pointing out that overall things are not as rosy as some point them out to be, food prices, housing prices, gas prices, etc, etc. all the highest they have ever been, poor fiscal spending by the liberals is a source of alot of this... i get it the house is not on fire, but the roof is and a lot of people are saying what do we do about it... and it is certainly not another 4 years of justin.... And someone needs to act soon...

People are always saying things aren’t as good.  Criticizing poor Liberal fiscal policy is fair, but your ill informed opinions on gas prices and inflation being their fault is little more than your raging bias.  

Regardless, you’ve the common sense not to start a new thread about it once a week, saying essentially the exact same thing over and over, as certain others do here.    

9 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I don't think this is just Myata thing, many organizations are pointing out that overall things are not as rosy as some point them out to be, food prices, housing prices, gas prices, etc, etc. all the highest they have ever been, poor fiscal spending by the liberals is a source of alot of this... i get it the house is not on fire, but the roof is and a lot of people are saying what do we do about it... 

Here's something to think about (when you hear about "equality" south of the border):

-GDP per capita in Alberta is 2x what it is in PEI. (IOW, according to StatsCan, people in Edmonton -on average- produce twice as much stuff as people in Charlottetown.)

IMHO, we have a good country - une société civilsée.

Edited by August1991

Someone I know personally went to a social services office for help with paying for an expensive medical equipment she needs. All they could give her is a single trip bus ticket, a food bank ticket and a condom.

Canada is moving to a oligarchic model of society where a smaller and smaller fraction of the population can enjoy life while the majority struggles to survive. The economy just doesn't have and doesn't bother to create enough jobs that can provide long term prosperity. A low paying job in a bank or as a service clerk? Yes one can have a decent life in a country with a reasonable rent, good climate, cheap food and hundreds of independent bakeries and small businesses. Not where everything, from housing to supermarket is monopolized and out of control including multiple levels of excessive and super expensive bureaucracy.

The destination is looming. To get a job in a provincial or municipal government one has to win a lottery. A public budget crunch, massive reductions in federal and other public services and mass poverty is a reality. Will one-time handouts help? Not too far now.

Edited by myata

19 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

You can’t buy bread in Portugal for a few DOZENS cents!  LOL

Fixed for ya. Of course you can, right now wanna know the address? Pretty much any supermarket in Lisbon, and Poland and Ukraine, many other places too. What the miracle, why? Wheat's cheap, milk and oil too so why shouldn't it cost ten or thirty times more, from a monopolized chain courtesy of your great smiley CEO with a multif@k million paycheck? Keep laughing loud!

In Ukraine saw a funny expression, next to cheese (cheap), "cheese product" (incredibly cheap) never bothered to find out the distinction. But to the point, the "bread" that you buy in your super" market here is in fact "bread product", having very little in common, by taste or texture, freshness I'm sure the ingredients, with real quality bread. You just don't know and don't even want to. You can't tell the difference between imitation circus politics and the real issues anymore; and you don't know what real food is as opposed to "food products" and don't even care to find out. So crappy "bread product" in a monopolized chain at x10 price of the real thing or something remotely similar, "artisan!" double more is your choice. Still laughing?

The first crappy food I bought in a long while was in a food court in Ottawa. How could a place that sells crap stay afloat even for a few weeks? Easy! Nobody cares. There's only one other country like that I visited a long time back: Russia. Super expensive and under par or plain crappy food. Nobody cares. And you will get right there, you know that sure?

Some f@cked up brains here flash GDP numbers. But of course, you can eat the great numbers, live in them, ride in them (you can get pretty much from anywhere to anywhere in continental Europe for under 30 Euros; Ottawa to Montreal, less than 200 km $65 the lowest; mobile rates; Internet rates; transit ticket Lisbon 1.50 Ottawa 3.70 even the gas these days approaching the rates in Europe, all f@cked up nowhere to run MP and CEO getting annual rise); university education is free or nominal in many countries; but we have the greatest numbers, see!

You are living in a painted, unreal reality. A pretense of a country that works for its citizens. And you don't even want to know. So what's the next station, where?

15 hours ago, PIK said:

Huh? You making up stuff again??

There is always emigration but there are very few. Your statement that Immigrants are leaving is unsubstantiated. In fact, there are less emigrating now than when Harper was the boss.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/443066/number-of-emigrants-from-canada/

14 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Show me where, over the decades, that those things have gone down and stayed down?

Thing is, everything has gone up every year, year after year during the tenure of every government, forever.

Someone needs to act soon and do what??

Not defending any government, just putting broad statements into perspective.

2 minutes ago, myata said:

At the time of great rescue Canada had to evacuate next to a half of Lebanon, all the great Canadian citizens. But no, you have to see the numbers!

We have allowed dual citizenship forever. It has created many issues with individuals as well as groups (Hong Kong dual citizens and the house price upsurge).

In my mind, dual citizenship should not be available nor tolerated. You are either Canadian or not.