Jump to content

WEF 2023


West

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Okay, how about Keystone XL, denied expansion in January 2012 by the Obama administration weeks before Harper's speech to the WEF.  Nope nope.  The battle over fossil fuels is new and hasn't been going on for decades.  Nope!  ?

KXL was delayed a year by Barry. The Donald approved it all as soon as he took office.

Biden killed it finally as soon as he took office.

I didn't say this was a new battle...clown-boy...I said in 2012 they...you...were not actively squelching the oil industry.

Clown-boy...

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, West said:

You keep mentioning "cabal" a word I've NEVER used on here.. so you are delusional

But if you wanna use it in a sentence, it goes something like this:

"TNI, aka the Global Disinformation Cabal News Network, finally stopped censoring information about the BSL4 lab in May of 2021, 17 months into covid. Your CBC tax dollars only go so far."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Making a mistake is no biggy.  What's frustrating in your case is that you went into the debate poorly-informed, and then doubled-down after your error was pointed out and still didn't make the basic effort to confirm whether what you were saying was right. 

OMG get off your high horse.

Were you right about something for once in your life and now you can't let it go?

I can't even believe some of you guys didn't change your usernames again after all the things you said about covid that turned out to be just as stupid as they sounded. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

OMG get off your high horse.

Were you right about something for once in your life and now you can't let it go?

I can't even believe some of you guys didn't change your usernames again after all the things you said about covid that turned out to be just as stupid as they sounded. 

I just clued in the moonshine and eyeball may be the same dude

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I didn't say this was a new battle...clown-boy...I said in 2012 they...you...were not actively squelching the oil industry.

Gosh I guess if qualify the argument as "actively squelching" (whatever that actually means) you can portray it however you want.  

What, specifically, qualifies as "actively squelching?" ?.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Gosh I guess if qualify the argument as "actively squelching" (whatever that actually means) you can portray it however you want.  

What, specifically, qualifies as "actively squelching?" ?.

Gosh I think you should give it up.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Can you show me where eating bugs is part of their platform?  Is this perhaps another example of you reading the headlines and garbage-news and accepting it immediately without further thought?

Good grub: why we might be eating insects soon | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

They certainly have mentioned the idea of the people eating bugs in order to save the planet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Gosh I think you should give it up.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

This sort of natter would make more sense if you could actually tell me what I'm wrong about, coherently make your point, or even attempt to answer a challenge to your argument.  

What are we specifically doing to "squelch fossil fuels" today that we weren't doing 10 years ago, or even 3 years ago, before the WEF became the newest incarnation on the Illuminati?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Good grub: why we might be eating insects soon | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

They certainly have mentioned the idea of the people eating bugs in order to save the planet.

There's a wide chasm between mentioning the idea and potential benefits of bug farming, vs an actual plan or even a desire to replace traditional farming, especially in places where food is plentiful like Canada and Europe.  Anyone with an ounce of common sense would understand that pushing bugs onto our plates and taking away our BBQs is not happening.  

As I said, this was "mentioned" on the WEF website back in 2016, and for some reason eating the bugs, owning nothing and being happy didn't become THE AGENDA until it was dug up and went viral in 2021.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

This sort of natter would make more sense if you could actually tell me what I'm wrong about, coherently make your point, or even attempt to answer a challenge to your argument.  

What are we specifically doing to "squelch fossil fuels" today that we weren't doing 10 years ago, or even 3 years ago, before the WEF became the newest incarnation on the Illuminati?  

Trashing the XL Pipeline for starters. Not allowing drilling. Imposing edicts about electric cars. About killing the nat gas business.

I can't figure out if you're really this uninformed...or just plain old stubborn.

There is a way to execute a transition to "green energy" without all this hardship. But the Greenies won't stand for it. They want fossil fuels disposed of and they want it now. They act like a bunch of screaming babies. This whole fiasco has been a childish exhibition of panic, fear and propaganda. Not a single prediction from the doomsday crowd, has come to pass.

The sky is not falling today. Go have a beer...if you're old enough to drink.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I'll urge you again to try and find that a formal policy or even desire of the WEF or its membership. 

I think this would fit the definition of desires for the WEF.

8 predictions for the world in 2030 | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

I personally don't have much faith that the WEF is totally benevolent and open for all to see. Perhaps this image on the cover of  Chrystia Freeland's book is prophetic.

 

 

ThePlutocrats_72dpi.webp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I imagine you would favour a wealth tax ?

You think you’re going to win this debate by suggesting reasonable policies to conspiracy theorists?  
 

They’re going to take your wealth tax and turn it into a conspiracy about a government fund for transgender city planners locking you into a 5 block radius so they can read story books to your children while they have to eat worms as a snack.  
 

 It’s not about the wealth paying their fair share.   It’s about conspiracies of the wealthy people (at least the ones they disagree with… oil barons = good wealthy) making you eat bugs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I think this would fit the definition of desires for the WEF.

8 predictions for the world in 2030 | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

No, I think that's exactly what it says it is - 8 predictions from the former editor of an opinion pieces and analysis papers journal from 2016.  

19 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I personally don't have much faith that the WEF is totally benevolent and open for all to see. Perhaps this image on the cover of  Chrystia Freeland's book is prophetic.

That's fine.  I don't have much use for the WEF personally and doubt its usefulness or merits.  As the Conservative MP I quoted earlier said (in paraphrased terms), "Trudeau repeats WEF catchphrases because he's an idi*t and because he wants an invite back to the parties."

As for Chrystia Freeland's book, you should probably look beyond the title because it's supposedly about the super-rich getting richer and leaving everyone behind, and that it's not a good thing.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Trashing the XL Pipeline for starters. Not allowing drilling. Imposing edicts about electric cars. About killing the nat gas business.

There's tons of drilling capacity and open permits already, and as we've seen in recent years, producers are dragging their feet with drilling on purpose to keep prices inflated.  Trashing the XL Pipeline was a process that went on for 10+ years, starting with Obama.  

Electric cars are the future.  Sorry to tell you.  

The natural gas business is expanding and should continue, for the time being.  Some jurisdictions are banning it, which to me is crazy and I think those municipal governments etc will suffer for it.  Maybe not in Quebec, here hydro is cheap, but Vancouver/BC and the tree-huggers there will re-think when they get a cold winter.   

32 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

There is a way to execute a transition to "green energy" without all this hardship. 

We've already talked about this, and we've already agreed on the basic principle and that there has been a lot of bad policy over the years.  

Regardless, none of these issues are new, and certainly weren't invented by the WEF.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ironstone said:

The wealthy already carry most of the tax burden do they not?

Considering they carry all of the wealth, I you could look at it that way.  Another way to look at it is that the top 20% own 86% of the USA's wealth, but only pay 73% of the taxes, shouldering the difference on the middle class instead. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

No, I think that's exactly what it says it is - 8 predictions from the former editor of an opinion pieces and analysis papers journal from 2016.  

That's fine.  I don't have much use for the WEF personally and doubt its usefulness or merits.  As the Conservative MP I quoted earlier said (in paraphrased terms), "Trudeau repeats WEF catchphrases because he's an idi*t and because he wants an invite back to the parties."

As for Chrystia Freeland's book, you should probably look beyond the title because it's supposedly about the super-rich getting richer and leaving everyone behind, and that it's not a good thing.  

Some of it sure sounds like a wish list. 

We get labelled as conspiracy theorists for having serious concerns about the WEF and it's agenda. Why shouldn't be be concerned since it's not really an open event for everyone and many meetings are held in secrecy. A lot of the attendees already have a large degree of control over much of the world and everything indicates they want more. Yes it is a private organization, but one that has an enormous amount of influence with governments all over the world.

Yes, it seems like the uber rich are getting even richer. Chrystia Freeland said it. And she has a hell of a lot more influence and power than most people. It can be argued that this is happening under her watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

1. You think you’re going to win this debate by suggesting reasonable policies to conspiracy theorists?  
 

2. They’re going to take your wealth tax and turn it into a conspiracy about a government fund for transgender city planners locking you into a 5 block radius so they can read story books to your children while they have to eat worms as a snack.  
 

3. It’s not about the wealth paying their fair share.   It’s about conspiracies of the wealthy people (at least the ones they disagree with… oil barons = good wealthy) making you eat bugs. 

1. There is no "winning" to be done by anyone here.  This poster appears to find a problem with the power of oligarchs.

2. Let them.  Even conspiracy people feel constrained by principles.

3. Ah.  Well maybe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

There's tons of drilling capacity and open permits already, and as we've seen in recent years, producers are dragging their feet with drilling on purpose to keep prices inflated.  Trashing the XL Pipeline was a process that went on for 10+ years, starting with Obama.  

Electric cars are the future.  Sorry to tell you.  

The natural gas business is expanding and should continue, for the time being.  Some jurisdictions are banning it, which to me is crazy and I think those municipal governments etc will suffer for it.  Maybe not in Quebec, here hydro is cheap, but Vancouver/BC and the tree-huggers there will re-think when they get a cold winter.   

We've already talked about this, and we've already agreed on the basic principle and that there has been a lot of bad policy over the years.  

Regardless, none of these issues are new, and certainly weren't invented by the WEF.  

I am not sure who "invented" this crap, but the WEF is actively supporting/proposing it all, and they have more clout that they should.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Making a mistake is no biggy.  What's frustrating in your case is that you went into the debate poorly-informed, and then doubled-down after your error was pointed out and still didn't make the basic effort to confirm whether what you were saying was right.  I guess the saying is true about leading horses to water.  ?‍♂️ 

We haven't established much of anything.  The word "influence" is a meaningless term without further qualification.  Attaching "major" to a vague descriptor doesn't change that.  The WEF is a forum.  An organization and event through which to exchange ideas, good or bad.  The idea that it has a singular agenda is where you go wrong.  It doesn't.   

Can you show me where eating bugs is part of their platform?  Is this perhaps another example of you reading the headlines and garbage-news and accepting it immediately without further thought?

I'll urge you again to try and find that a formal policy or even desire of the WEF or its membership.  Some Danish MP wrote an essay in 2016 and the window-lickers on 4chan turned it into a viral meme that's spread everywhere.  Congratulations.  You've progressed to repeating conspiracy copypasta from 4chan.  That's where you're at now.  ?

I think i have apologized enough for my over sight, time to let it go...

Now we are into playing word games, Yes the WEF is a forum, made up of some very influential people, who according to your suggestions they are not very influential at all... which is why our government has used dozens of their ideas, ya no influence at all....And i did not point out a singular agenda, i originally pointed out dozens...including a WEF web sight that has 8 to 10 items they promote, not some 4 Chan site... and you have yet to look at, makes me think this conversation is going exactly where all our conversations go round and round until i get dizzy....It is easy to sit back and tell the world they are full of shit, but you have not provided one single piece of evidence to back your claim...instead your follow your own moto and deny deny deny... 

And just as a side note, not once have i promoted this topic as a conspiracy theory, what i have said countless times was the topic interests me and i want to follow it, and what i posted was what i thought was strange or unusual... you seem to think those items i did post are normal behavior...

Beware this is not a Chan4 theory...it is an actual WEF U tube video... I found the video becauase some of you are having issues with reading...

n a promotional video, the World Economic Forum summarizes the eight predictions in the following statements:

People will own nothing. Goods are either free of charge or must be lent from the state.

The United States will no longer be the leading superpower, but a handful of countries will dominate.

Organs will not be transplanted but printed.

Meat consumption will be minimized.

Massive displacement of people will take place with billions of refugees.

To limit the emission of carbon dioxide, a global price will be set at an exorbitant level.

People can prepare to go to Mars and start a journey to find alien life.

Western values will be tested to the breaking point..

8 predictions for the world in 2030 | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

Whoops did it again... these must be fake news 

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,742
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    CrazyCanuck89
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • DACHSHUND went up a rank
      Rookie
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      First Post
    • aru earned a badge
      First Post
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • User earned a badge
      Posting Machine
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...