Jump to content

WEF 2023


West

Recommended Posts

I can't see the posts in the thread but it's important to point out that lobbying isn't any better when it's close to home.  The right had more money than the Left and uses it for influence.

Is that bad then?

This lobby group Empower Texas for example openly publishes a scorecard on who to vote for, DIRECTLY funds and picks candidates, and is funded by the State through pension plans itself.

It's controlled by three founding businessmen.  And you never hear about them from the conspiracy sheep because they are sucking up propaganda from those funding WEP conspiracy stories.

At least WEP is in the open.  These people were fined for not registering as lobbyists.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empower_Texans

 

So not sure what people are saying about WEF, but... This.

  • Like 3
  • Downvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I can't see the posts in the thread but it's important to point out that lobbying isn't any better when it's close to home.  The right had more money than the Left and uses it for influence.

Is that bad then?

This lobby group Empower Texas for example openly publishes a scorecard on who to vote for, DIRECTLY funds and picks candidates, and is funded by the State through pension plans itself.

It's controlled by three founding businessmen.  And you never hear about them from the conspiracy sheep because they are sucking up propaganda from those funding WEP conspiracy stories.

At least WEP is in the open.  These people were fined for not registering as lobbyists.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empower_Texans

 

So not sure what people are saying about WEF, but... This.

Hilarious...it appears...Mikey has come out of the closet.

As for the WEF...fck 'em.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

At least WEP is in the open.

According to this article the WEF is a threat to democracy, freedom, and capitalism or private business.

"For years, the World Economic Forum, an unholy alliance of political leaders, corporate elites and wealthy aristocrats, has championed ESG , the “environmental, social, and governance” model of business administration, whose central premise is that private business should be compelled to achieve social good."

Bruce Pardy: ESG will kill capitalism, and freedom along with it (msn.com)

But we know you approve of the liberal, neo-Marxist model of globalist world control of everything and everyone.  That is what the primary purpose of the WEF is.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Its weird to me that people who are so upset about the past, will turn a blind eye to the corruption and influence going on right in front of them.

You can be sure many Trudeau fans will be blind to the 101 million dollars spend on consultant's firm being examined by a HOC committee soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Goddess said:

Learned about ESG/Stakeholder Capitalism in business school. It's not a "conspiracy theory" lol.. 

Most of the investment now goes to people based on the woke score (term as far as i know I coined)

Edited by West
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2023 at 7:06 AM, Michael Hardner said:

At least WEP is in the open. 

The WEF isn't really open. It seems the MSM only cover the event by stating that there is the annual meeting in Davos. There are things they will allow us to see, but there is much that is hidden from the public. Even the heads of media giants meet there but do not answer questions from independent journalists. 

Check out Chrystia Freeland and how "open" she is. She was not asked a difficult question but refused to talk.

To their credit, some people actually did answer questions but other big shots were not so forthcoming.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Freeland must provide recordings of her meetings with these unelected people.  I’m going to agree with Eyeball here.  Why are Canadians paying for Freeland’s Alpine vacation so she can plot the next phase of unaccountable government overreach?  All government employees are there on the public dime. Really they shouldn’t be there. We certainly shouldn’t be funding these cabal meetings. Freeland can go on her time off at her expense, though I don’t think she should be permitted to attend as long as she holds public office.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WEF is not a freakin' cabal.  No doubt it has a number of secretive politicians attending but they're certainly not gathering in a manner that fits the definition of the word cabal and certainly not with the policy making power that make them the rulers of all the known galaxy that people make them out to be.

First we make our government here at home more transparent and accountable and then...

Dr. Evil - Wikipedia

 

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, eyeball said:

WEF is not a freakin' cabal.  No doubt it has a number of secretive politicians attending but they're certainly not gathering in a manner that fits the definition of the word cabal and certainly not with the policy making power that make them the rulers of all the known galaxy that people make them out to be.

First we make our government here at home more transparent and accountable and then...

Dr. Evil - Wikipedia

 

They were literally talking about hiking your energy bill so high you can't afford to heat your home lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Bullshit they said that. No one says that. 

They did say that raising the price on natural gas in Europe where home heating prices are extremely high and unaffordable to many, especially the elderly, reduced natural gas consumption by 20%.  Duh.  Basically they’re saying people should risk their health and be reduced to poverty in the name of saving the planet. Cruel and sick.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

They did say that raising the price on natural gas in Europe where home heating prices are extremely high and unaffordable to many, especially the elderly, reduced natural gas consumption by 20%.  Duh.  Basically they’re saying people should risk their health and be reduced to poverty in the name of saving the planet. Cruel and sick.

Good response.. but these folks are sick enough to believe freezing everyone out is virtuous 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,415
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Chris Laburu
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • akayy earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Mako earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • CrakHoBarbie went up a rank
      Experienced
    • I am Groot went up a rank
      Mentor
    • mrmtg earned a badge
      First Post
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...