Jump to content

Where’s the red wave?


Recommended Posts

In 2019, the Democrats discovered Krytonite: early voting.

====

The American Left has always thought that too many ordinary people don't vote - or maybe these ordinary people foolishly vote against their best interest.

With at-home, drop-box ballots, the Left can encourage these ordinary people to vote in a way that is in their best interest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Canada, whether provincial or federal, a ballot is a simple list of names. One X.

In the US, a ballot is a complicated list of names, titles, positions - most unknown to voters.

(In Canada, the closest comparison to a US election would be a municipal/school trustee election.)

Now, imagine if a Canadian school election were spread over several weeks - and yet we were deciding our MP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Imagine using voting machines and still lining up for hours to vote. These people are brainwashed enough to charge them $1.00 for the convenience of using the WalMart self check-out...........

I'm trying to imagine having to line up.  I've never had to line up to vote, not once ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2022 at 2:32 AM, eyeball said:

I'm trying to imagine having to line up.  I've never had to line up to vote, not once ever.

I line up to vote almost every time, no matter what time of day I go.  I run my company so I can go when I please, and it doesn't matter.  9:00am. 10:30am, 2:00pm, 3:30pm - doesn't matter.  I have at least 5-10 people waiting in front of me.  

Either way, talking about voting lineups etc is a weird direction for this conversation to go considering the original (albeit low-effort) OP.  

Edited by Moonbox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2022 at 11:51 PM, herbie said:

Imagine using voting machines and still lining up for hours to vote. These people are brainwashed enough to charge them $1.00 for the convenience of using the WalMart self check-out...........

Brainwashed?

Not at all.

====

The honest, perfectly-correct get-out-the-vote is not one day, but several weeks.

Those homeless people in the center? On the street? Sign them up!

They would vote for what is good for them. And we have several weeks to get the vote, to do good.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2022 at 5:46 PM, August1991 said:

In 2019, the Democrats discovered Krytonite: early voting.

====

The American Left has always thought that too many ordinary people don't vote - or maybe these ordinary people foolishly vote against their best interest.

With at-home, drop-box ballots, the Left can encourage these ordinary people to vote in a way that is in their best interest.

Sky high inflation and homeless bums defacating on public sidewalks is in your best interest?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

You are omitting the other thing: 

Democrats Keep Senate Control.

= )

Yes. I think most realized getting control of both houses would have been a tad difficult.

At least now though, the Republicans have the opportunity to do some real investigations..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

In a democracy, the purpose of government is not “retribution”. But then then again you guys have already made it crystal clear that you no longer have use for democracy. 

Why how absolutely hypocritical and absurd.

Do you know why Ol' Joe and his party have been howling about "saving democracy"? It's because they know that a Republican congress is gonna expose them for what they really are. Lying, cheating, back-stabbing little hypocrites.

All those whistle-blowers from the FBI and DOJ. All the abject horseshit of that January 6th circus.

And then there's Hunter. Ohhh Beave. As they drag Hunter's ass through the mud, America will be forced to see the truth of the depth of Joe's corruption and seething lies of the Democrats and their corrupt abuse of the law. Yes Beave...it's gonna be a bonified shitshow. 

I truly hope you enjoy all the proceedings. 

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Why how absolutely hypocritical and absurd.

Do you know why Ol' Joe and his party have been howling about "saving democracy"? It's because they know that a Republican congress is gonna expose them for what they really are. Lying, cheating, back-stabbing little hypocrites.

All those whistle-blowers from the FBI and DOJ. All the abject horseshit of that January 6th circus.

And then there's Hunter. Ohhh Beave. As they drag Hunter's ass through the mud, America will be forced to see the truth of the depth of Joe's corruption and seething lies of the Democrats and their corrupt abuse of the law. Yes Beave...it's gonna be a bonified shitshow. 

I truly hope you enjoy all the proceedings. 

What a load of BS. Sounds  like another of your failed predictions. Enjoy your witch hunt and fake news extravaganza.
 

I think they’ll have a hard time finding anything other than Hunter was an addict who misspent money, which we already know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2022 at 8:32 AM, Nationalist said:

The Republicans have taken back Nancy's gavel. She can now retire and go protect her warped hubbie.

...

I disagree.

I know Canadian/Newfoundland politics.

On 11/16/2022 at 8:32 AM, Nationalist said:

 

Until 2024, there will be lots of offers = comfy fur, for many of the federal HR supposed Republicans.

Among several hundred, any one or two could change the House.

 

Edited by August1991
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

What a load of BS. Sounds  like another of your failed predictions. Enjoy your witch hunt and fake news extravaganza.
 

I think they’ll have a hard time finding anything other than Hunter was an addict who misspent money, which we already know. 

Well then...you won't mind at all, while the POTUS gets dragged through the mud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2022 at 5:14 AM, Nationalist said:

Why how absolutely hypocritical and absurd.

Do you know why Ol' Joe and his party have been howling about "saving democracy"? It's because they know that a Republican congress is gonna expose them for what they really are. Lying, cheating, back-stabbing little hypocrites.

All those whistle-blowers from the FBI and DOJ. All the abject horseshit of that January 6th circus.

And then there's Hunter. Ohhh Beave. As they drag Hunter's ass through the mud, America will be forced to see the truth of the depth of Joe's corruption and seething lies of the Democrats and their corrupt abuse of the law. Yes Beave...it's gonna be a bonified shitshow. 

I truly hope you enjoy all the proceedings. 

Bengazi 2: Electric Bugaboo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2022 at 11:01 AM, BeaverFever said:

What a load of BS. Sounds  like another of your failed predictions. Enjoy your witch hunt and fake news extravaganza.
 

I think they’ll have a hard time finding anything other than Hunter was an addict who misspent money, which we already know. 

Why do you suppose Hunter Biden has been getting paid so much money by foreign governments given his well-publicized issues with drug addiction?

Is Hunter Biden the kind of person that you would put at the top of any hiring list?

You guys just can't bring yourselves to admit that Hunter makes tons of money for selling access to Joe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ironstone said:

Why do you suppose Hunter Biden has been getting paid so much money by foreign governments given his well-publicized issues with drug addiction?

Because he provided access to the the White House 

 

6 hours ago, ironstone said:

Is Hunter Biden the kind of person that you would put at the top of any hiring list?

Yes, if I wanted access to the White House

 

6 hours ago, ironstone said:

You guys just can't bring yourselves to admit that Hunter makes tons of money for selling access to Joe. 

No YOU GUYS just can’t bring yourselves to admit that access to important politicians is always for sale by both parties. I don’t condone it but given Republicans track record you’re kinda like the first guy to go in gang rape complaining about the guys who went after him, while he’s standing in line a second turn. 
 

AND LETS BE CLEAR:  Russia vs the west have been fighting for control over Ukraine and its assets such as Burisma for over 20 years!!!  There were non-Ukrainian board members connected to prominent European leaders in addition to Hunter, for this same reason 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,770
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Akalupenn
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...