Where’s the red wave?

9 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Because he provided access to the the White House 

Yes, if I wanted access to the White House

No YOU GUYS just can’t bring yourselves to admit that access to important politicians is always for sale by both parties. I don’t condone it but given Republicans track record you’re kinda like the first guy to go in gang rape complaining about the guys who went after him, while he’s standing in line a second turn. 

AND LETS BE CLEAR:  Russia vs the west have been fighting for control over Ukraine and its assets such as Burisma for over 20 years!!!  There were non-Ukrainian board members connected to prominent European leaders in addition to Hunter, for this same reason 

Yeah, I totally agree it's a disgusting practice done by both sides of the aisle. The most glaring difference is, the MSM blatantly ignores and/or covers up for Hunter Biden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 9:17 AM, ironstone said:

Yeah, I totally agree it's a disgusting practice done by both sides of the aisle. The most glaring difference is, the MSM blatantly ignores and/or covers up for Hunter Biden.

Indeed.

And when they're done with the Biden family, maybe they should go after the rest of 'em?

McConnell included.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 9:17 AM, ironstone said:

Except it doesn't.  

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/hunter-biden-s-business-bad-look-here-s-how-fix-n1294057

You just don't like that they don't spend all of their time talking about it 24/7.  

On 11/22/2022 at 10:46 AM, Moonbox said:

Except it doesn't.  

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/hunter-biden-s-business-bad-look-here-s-how-fix-n1294057

You just don't like that they don't spend all of their time talking about it 24/7.  

That's just not true. During the 2020 election, this story was downplayed by the MSM and very aggressively suppressed by big tech. And when I say downplayed, they lied and said it was Russian disinformation, nothing to see here. As we now know, that in itself was a lie. Fifty high ranking officials in the intelligence field either got it totally wrong, or they too lied. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

For the sake of comparison, the MSM did push Trump/Russia collusion for years almost nonstop when the entire story was clearly a nothingburger. 

The Hunter Biden story should be a big story when the drug addict son of the current sitting President rakes in millions of dollars from hostile foreign dictatorships. Evidence strongly indicates money does end up with "the big guy".

How does that not sound like being compromised?

Just now, ironstone said:

That's just not true. During the 2020 election, this story was downplayed by the MSM and very aggressively suppressed by big tech.

That story had been run by the MSM for years before 2020.  The fact that the MSM didn't push it to the forefront in the midst of the presidential election doesn't mean as much as you think, considering how many dumb things Donald Trump had been doing and saying.  

And when I say downplayed, they lied and said it was Russian disinformation, nothing to see here. As we now know, that in itself was a lie. Fifty high ranking officials in the intelligence field either got it totally wrong, or they too lied. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

50 high ranking intelligence officials indicated that something wasn't smelly about Hunter Biden and Burisma?  Show me that.  

For the sake of comparison, the MSM did push Trump/Russia collusion for years almost nonstop when the entire story was clearly a nothingburger. 

You're right, and it made them look dumb, but it's no different than the swings and misses from the talking heads on the other side, like the birther conspiracy, stolen elections or anything that guys like Tucker Carlson have to say.  

The Hunter Biden story should be a big story when the drug addict son of the current sitting President rakes in millions of dollars from hostile foreign dictatorships. Evidence strongly indicates money does end up with "the big guy".

Calling Ukraine a hostile foreign dictatorship is...weird.  

6 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

That story had been run by the MSM for years before 2020.  The fact that the MSM didn't push it to the forefront in the midst of the presidential election doesn't mean as much as you think, considering how many dumb things Donald Trump had been doing and saying.  

50 high ranking intelligence officials indicated that something wasn't smelly about Hunter Biden and Burisma?  Show me that.  

You're right, and it made them look dumb, but it's no different than the swings and misses from the talking heads on the other side, like the birther conspiracy, stolen elections or anything that guys like Tucker Carlson have to say.  

Calling Ukraine a hostile foreign dictatorship is...weird.  

'Intelligence' experts refuse to apologize for smearing Hunter Biden story (nypost.com)

Hunter Biden story is Russian disinfo, dozens of former intel officials say - POLITICO

Ex-intel officials silent over letter claiming Russian involvement in Hunter Biden laptop saga | Washington Examiner

I was primarily referring to China and Russia with regard to Hunter. Ukraine is not hostile to the US, but the government there has a very well-deserved reputation for corruption. Most business done with the Ukraine government will not be handled openly and honestly.

On 11/18/2022 at 11:43 PM, BeaverFever said:

Because he provided access to the the White House 

Yes, if I wanted access to the White House

And selling access to politicians like this happens to be ILLEGAL. 

So buckle up Beave. I foresee a very rocky Winter ahead for Democrats.

11 hours ago, Nationalist said:

And selling access to politicians like this happens to be ILLEGAL. 

So buckle up Beave. I foresee a very rocky Winter ahead for Democrats.

No it’s not.

Happy witch hunting!  PS probably won’t be until spring/summer these things take time, especially when Republicans will be fabricating all sorts of evidence   I expect they’ll take a page from Ken Starr investigation of Bill Clinton and just use the Hunter inquiry as a pretext to publicly expose all of the extramarital affairs of their political enemies. 

34 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

No it’s not.

Happy witch hunting!  PS probably won’t be until spring/summer these things take time, especially when Republicans will be fabricating all sorts of evidence   I expect they’ll take a page from Ken Starr investigation of Bill Clinton and just use the Hunter inquiry as a pretext to publicly expose all of the extramarital affairs of their political enemies. 

Gee...sounds like the Democrats.

Enjoy the show son.

I know Joe will...

The causes of Republican underperformance have been well described by rightwing pundits, e.g. abortion, Trump, crazy candidates and a refusal to move with the times on new ways of voting. Many sane Republicans did well e.g. DeWine, Sununu. Independents are more interested in competence than culture war:

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R) on Saturday urged the Republican Party to stop supporting “unelectable” candidates in primaries, following the GOP’s disappointing performance in the midterm elections.

“Candidate quality matters,” Sununu said at the Republican Jewish Coalition’s annual meeting, which began Friday and is continuing throughout the weekend. “Holy cow, have we learned that one the tough way.” 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3743167-sununu-says-gop-should-stop-supporting-crazy-unelectable-candidates-in-our-primaries/