Emergency Act commission

myata

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Not buying it.

because it was not a war

Section 1 of the Charter was invoked to suspend our rights as if this was World War levels of emergency

meanwhile it wasn't anything approaching that, not even close

for all intents & purposes the entire country was mobilized as if this was total war

when nothing like this has ever been done is the past for any pandemic

to include the Spanish Flu, the worst pandemic in human history

at first I complied with the mandates, I took the first two jabs in good faith

but after awhile it became more than clear, that these mandates were being exploited

to impose Chinese Communist style Social Credit totalitarian control upon us

notice how the decorated Canadian combat arms veterans reacted then

that is because we were indoctrinated to resist Communist infiltration of institutions,  dating back to the Cold War

Cold Warriors know the trace between East Germany & the Free World

and are thus incited to call "stand to" when the Commies have overrun the defences, running amok inside the wire

our freedom loving American brothers in arms saw it too, answering the stand to as well

Anglo-American Empire of Liberty, since 1917

Ducimus

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

except there are two poison pills written into the Canada Act 1982

Section 1 allows the Government of Canada to suspend your rights promiscuously

Section 33 allows the Government of Ontario to suspend your rights promiscuously

the replacement of the Common Law with a compromised Charter has resulted in the worst of both worlds

It may be Canada’s undoing if more people realize and start exclaiming that their rights aren’t protected in Canada. The US Bill of Rights is better.  Canada may have to go through painful constitutional reform if our governments keep exploiting loopholes in our constitution.  Countries have had civil wars over this and Canada could break up over it.  Instead there’s a lot of overlooking and pretending we’re fine going on right now.  People can’t handle more upheaval.  Denial is easier.  The best course is sensible strengthening of our constitution through reform.  Instead the government keeps chipping away further at our rights, especially on the ideas front.  Bill C-11 and the attempt to add more “Canadian” gatekeepers to internet searches is bad news.  The days of having to prop up Can Con at great expense can’t fly in the current context of so many Canadian success stories.  The “keeping us safe” from disinformation scheme is especially alarming, as though we’re babies.  We barely have a free press as it is.  I’d like to keep a semblance of free speech thanks.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It may be Canada’s undoing if more people realize and start exclaiming that their rights aren’t protected in Canada. The US Bill of Rights is better.  Canada may have to go through painful constitutional reform if our governments keep exploiting loopholes in our constitution.  Countries have had civil wars over this and Canada could break up over it.  Instead there’s a lot of overlooking and pretending we’re fine going on right now.  People can’t handle more upheaval.  

free all the slaves everywhere, or die trying

civil war may come

none the less, I will simply hold the cross high until the mob cut me down in my tracks

soul making machines, though crucible unto the promised land

every day is a gift, another day to prapare

a happy, prosperous, meaningful life unto itself

25 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Denial is easier.  The best course is sensible strengthening of our constitution through reform.  Instead the government keeps chipping away further at our rights, especially on the ideas front.  Bill C-11 and the attempt to add more “Canadian” gatekeepers to internet searches is bad news.  The days of having to prop up Can Con at great expense can’t fly in the current context of so many Canadian success stories.  The “keeping us safe” from disinformation scheme is especially alarming, as though we’re babies.  We barely have a free press as it is.  I’d like to keep a semblance of free speech thanks.  

Enlightenment 2.0

we are privileged to live in such an epoch contesting the fate of civilization itself

the greatest opportunity we could have to put our faith into practice

intelligent design

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Nobody is denying tragedies of the fog of war.

And trust me when I say we all got affected one way or another. Family stress, financially or other way. Not only you.

My issue is with the intent. You say it was intentional and planned. I say no. We can talk about incompetence at certain levels but crossing the line into conspiracy land that I won't do.

There was pushback from medical experts and ordinary people who paid attention in school. They were cancelled, threatened with losing their licence, and some were fined and imprisoned. That is not incompetence, or "we didn't know", but "we wilfully refused to listen, and we attacked those who dared to challenge it".

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I am not a right winger

so long as you throw down for the brothers to the left & right of you

win or lose, you show up

never too high, never too low, game face on

going into the corners, finishing your checks

jumping over the boards, shift after shift

taking the puck inside to the front of the net

happy warrior

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

On the contrary, anyone and everyone can question authority.

Of course they can. But anyone with any experience with gov't knows they're completely incapable of grand conspiracies because they're inherently inept.
They've eventually been exposed at every one they've ever attempted.

And by who? What's referred to these days as the MSM, legacy news organizations.

As if the dozy oaf at the Motor Vehicle branch or the secretaries for the Committee on Senatorial Nosepicking could keep secrets for 30 seconds. Or some ploughboy who made it through Regina couldn't blab plans to rioters.

45 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

We all do it when we get a bit hot and jump into tribalism. 

Please don't pretend your holier than the rest. If you had power in Canada from what I have read so far you would implement Steve Bannon's policies, your boss ? which all he does is paint groups with the same brush.

who are you supposed to be ?

Captain Canada ?

you don't even know us, stop pretending you do

6 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Please don't pretend your holier than the rest. If you had power in Canada from what I have read so far you would implement Steve Bannon's policies, your boss ? which all he does is paint groups with the same brush.

This is especially rich coming from you.  You pretend you’re holier than the rest regularly, and like I told you elsewhere, you need to change your schtick.  
Your act is getting old.  Try the truth instead.

10 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

because it was not a war

Section 1 of the Charter was invoked to suspend our rights as if this was World War levels of emergency

meanwhile it wasn't anything approaching that, not even close

But we've got something out of it, now there's no doubts because it's a fact of record. Yes, it can be done. Yes, they can do it. At any time, on a flick and for pretty much any reason, real or imaginary/desired that can be spun out of all measures and proportions by helpful/friendly propaganda.

And there's no checks or controls, just none now also a fact. And we never cared to even think about them, why think it's stressful and tiring. And there's only one conclusion: because that's who we are.

15 hours ago, herbie said:

Of course they can. But anyone with any experience with gov't knows they're completely incapable of grand conspiracies because they're inherently inept.
They've eventually been exposed at every one they've ever attempted.

And by who? What's referred to these days as the MSM, legacy news organizations.

As if the dozy oaf at the Motor Vehicle branch or the secretaries for the Committee on Senatorial Nosepicking could keep secrets for 30 seconds. Or some ploughboy who made it through Regina couldn't blab plans to rioters.

Huh???

I said anyone and everyone can question authority.

What is your post about??

13 hours ago, sharkman said:

This is especially rich coming from you.  You pretend you’re holier than the rest regularly, and like I told you elsewhere, you need to change your schtick.  
Your act is getting old.  Try the truth instead.

Your truth, your "alternative facts".   At least Contrarian isn't dogmatically following a brand like you.  Your positions are as predictable as they are lacking in nuance or objectivity.   

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Contrarian said:

There's a group of people here, for the sake of argument let's call them "you people", who believe everything they see on CNN and CBC and you'll never consider a word to the contrary. It's like religion for you. If that's not tribalism, I dunno what is.

A while ago you were all saying that "The vaccines prevent infection and stop the spread", and now that 10,000 multi-vaxed Canadians are dead from covid, and we know that covid deaths haven't slowed at all compared to when we were a nation of 100% unvaxed, you're still acting like all the covid mandates were justified.

Yes, I am in a tribe, we're called the "no vaccine passport tribe", and you put me there for no good reason.

Guess what... I like it here, and I don't like you. Never, ever will. F off contrarian.