Emergency Act commission

myata

10 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Tiananmen Square? Are you still living in  the past??The debacle is over and done with 9 months ago. Get current, stay withe times LOL

It was just a reference to what we are heading toward, as a nation. That is, the sinification of Canada.

Spearheaded by Dear Leader himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It was just a reference to what we are heading toward, as a nation. That is, the sinification of Canada.

Spearheaded by Dear Leader himself.

Naw, I don't think it is so dramatic. The February debacle is over.

Whether what he did was needed will be debated forever and, he will be remembered as the son of the only other man that did that.

The problem is Canadians themselves. This "leader" has screwed up so many times yet we forgive him and elect him back. If we are heading towards a "Tiananmen Square" situation, it is because we allow it and every 4 years, endorse it..

Canada was never a democracy. Democracy is not pretty words and colored picture. Democracy cannot exist without active, engaged citizens consciously exercising control over the governments; keeping them responsible in every act and every moment, and when necessary, to account. This simply doesn't exist in Canada and was never in the plan from Day 1. And now the thick paint is wearing thin with time, nothing unusual, regular entropy process and the essence begins to show through.

Edited by myata

9 hours ago, myata said:

Canada was never a democracy. Democracy is not pretty words and colored picture. Democracy cannot exist without active, engaged citizens consciously exercising control over the governments; keeping them responsible in every act and every moment, and when necessary, to account. This simply doesn't exist in Canada and was never in the plan from Day 1. And now the thick paint is wearing thin with time, nothing unusual, regular entropy process and the essence begins to show through.

Democracy was always been pretty words. Engaged citizens bought those pretty words and cast their one vote.

That is the way it has always been.

Democracy: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

Edited by ExFlyer

18 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Of course not.

"They came for the other guys, but they was deplorables anyway. So I said nothing."

As I said " I don't think it is so dramatic. The February debacle is over.

Whether what he did was needed will be debated forever and, he will be remembered as the son of the only other man that did that."

4 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

As I said " I don't think it is so dramatic. The February debacle is over.

Whether what he did was needed will be debated forever and, he will be remembered as the son of the only other man that did that."

And I say whenever these playboy politicians use their emergency powers flippantly it has serious consequences. It weakens our democracy.

Those who weaken our democracy should be ostracized and called traitors.

Ok, so that's a little dramatic and not gonna happen. But it still should. Better yet, we need to raise the bar on implementing emergency powers. We don't want some prettyboy who got in power to use them every time they get an anxiety attack.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, myata said:

The question is, does one try to fix it simply by slathering on another coat, and hoping for the best,

or get the grinder out... completely remove the old surface...

right down to the pure material...

then rebuild from there

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

And I say whenever these playboy politicians use their emergency powers flippantly it has serious consequences. It weakens our democracy.

Those who weaken our democracy should be ostracized and called traitors.

Ok, so that's a little dramatic and not gonna happen. But it still should. Better yet, we need to raise the bar on implementing emergency powers. We don't want some prettyboy who got in power to use them every time they get an anxiety attack.

I get your sentiment but we keep voting in these people.

All leaders of political parties will use whatever powers they can to remain and do what they deem best for the country.

Bottom line is we get what we deserve..... unfortunately or.... perhaps fortunately because we vote them in.

11 hours ago, myata said:

Canada was never a democracy.

Nor have we ever claimed to be. Like most of the nations with the highest quality of life, we are a Monarchy. We have democratic input to governance, but we are a Monarchy. Republics can have their Putins, Trumps, Bidens and Xi's, but we have a King.

Retired general's speech slamming Canada's climate change policies, cancel culture and weak leaders applauded by officers

Ret. Lt.-Gen. Michel Maisonneuvee made his speech as he accepted the Vimy Award, which honoured him for his life-long contributions in defence, at an Ottawa gala

Serving senior Canadian military officers gave a standing ovation to a speech by a retired general who criticized everything from the removal of historical statues and apologies to victims to government climate change policies.

Retired Lt.-Gen. Michel Maisonneuve, accepting a top defence award Nov. 9 in Ottawa, also took a swipe at leaders who he claimed divide rather than unite. While not specifically naming Prime Minister Justin Trudeau or Hillary Clinton, Maisonneuve said “can you imagine a military leader labelling half of his command as deplorables, fringe radicals and less-thans and then expect them to fight as one?”

https://nationalpost.com/news/national/defence-watch/speech-slamming-canadas-climate-change-policies-cancel-culture-and-weak-leaders-applauded-by-canadian-forces-officers/wcm/f9ff4f6a-2ac8-4efd-b828-cd186ecad1bd

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately only the retired and/or highly respected and powerful can criticize our governments’ adoption of absurd identity politics and woke-green extremism.  Anyone else who dares is canceled for their “unacceptable views.”  You will be treated to various forms of international rainbow sock puppet Trudeau from all political stripes for the rest of your natural life unless the population wakes up to the fact that a sledgehammer has been taken by this government to all of the institutions that made us strong and the identity of Canada itself.

We’re basically fed a daily dose of health/climate change fear and told that Canada and half the Canadian population are racist and misogynist in a morally bankrupt colonial Canada.

Well the morally bankrupt part is true, but it’s not because of the hard work wrought by generations of Canadians.  It’s because of the current political climate in Ottawa and many provincial governments.  Corporations are also doing their part with stakeholder capitalism.  Gross.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Unfortunately ......

Well the morally bankrupt part is true, but it’s not because of the hard work wrought by generations of Canadians.  It’s because of the current political climate in Ottawa and many provincial governments.  Corporations are also doing their part with stakeholder capitalism.  Gross.  

Current politics is anti everything the other party wants or would like to do.

Corporations mandate is to make profit for their shareholders. We, the consumers do just that, we make profits for the corporation by using their services or buying their products.

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Current politics is anti everything the other party wants or would like to do.

Corporations mandate is to make profit for their shareholders. We, the consumers do just that, we make profits for the corporation by using their services or buying their products.

There’s a whole segment of cultural stuff you seem to be missing, such as ESG’s and Sustainable Development Goals.  Net Zero is another mystical favourite.  Yeah the oil and gas sector is on track for Net Zero.  Lol.  I guess the trick is to keep postponing the target date.  What a farce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

There’s a whole segment of cultural stuff you seem to be missing, such as ESG’s and Sustainable Development Goals.  Net Zero is another mystical favourite.  Yeah the oil and gas sector is on track for Net Zero.  Lol.  I guess the trick is to keep postponing the target date.  What a farce.

Nope. i am not missing anything. I reduce it to it's basics.

I just don't play the blame game.

Political parties crap on each other and we, the consumers, are making the corporations rich.

On 11/15/2022 at 12:26 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Exactly.. now its about woke ideology and firing people or insulting people who don't buy in to their vileness

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

So weird. I coulda swore there was some kind of Emergency Act Commission or something happening. There may even be a thread about it here at Repolitics. 

Yup, sure is but the debacle is history.

Even if the commission says it was not needed, it matters not. It was done and it is history.

Yup, you can crap on the government for imposing it but hey, it is over and it is history and, we Canadians seem to like Trudeau no matter how many times he does something dubious.

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Even if the commission says it was not needed, it matters not. It was done and it is history.

Yup, you can crap on the government for imposing it but hey, it is over and it is history and, we Canadians seem to like Trudeau no matter how many times he does something dubious.

If they say it wasn't necessary, which is likely, those who had their accounts frozen will have every right to sue and those responsible should be held accountable. 

My guess is the far left judge will do his darnest to protect them from any sort of exposure tho. That's the way the system works

• Like 1

5 hours ago, West said:

those responsible should be held accountable.

They will not though. The taxpayer will take $$$ from one pocket and put into another; and those supposedly responsible"" will get their well deserved bonuses and benefits (earned in great service to the public making unnecessary mandates and emergencies) - from where, you think? That was the deal from day one and no, no change is possible but thanks for asking.

13 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

After someone is murdered do we just say "Well that guy's history, time to move on..." or does something else happen? 

Sure, you approved of that bit of fascism, but it wasn't actually ok. Your opinion is duly noted, but still worthless. 

The very fact of the commission arrangement is nothing short, in my view, of the demonstration of misplaced, almost caricature interpretation of democracy by Canada's ruling elites. The emphasis of laws, procedures and mechanisms is not on effective checks and controls detecting and preventing overreach and abuse of power by the governments; but on some token purported remedies made mostly of useless talk and posturing after the fact guaranteed to change nothing in essence. And it doesn't look to me at least as just a coincidence. No, that was the intent, design and the deal from day one.

On 11/12/2022 at 12:11 PM, ExFlyer said:

Like I said from the very beginning, the Ottawa Police screwed this up from the get go. The testimony has proven that. Other cities learned what not to do because Ottawa showed them how to screw things up.

Yes, Ottawa has protests every day but none have ever occupied the city or behaved so badly..

Tiananmen Square? Are you still living in  the past??The debacle is over and done with 9 months ago. Get current, stay withe times LOL

CSIS director: Convoy posed NO national security threat..

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/freedom-convoy-did-not-pose-181820219.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb&tsrc=fb&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9tLmZhY2Vib29rLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEXAVE-T49sKE5uvTk_g3E4kAdGAcroeIS2gaFEylhbGu1M1sA2n3PCIap03Caj7IitK9Too-MpMSQExmotDRcTg5PPEf5PECHpO5dhFjweKccX-z-L81sa2MaBnm3aYna2527f1d7JAAAAXVZURykv7xFOC1EeXdgN6IEVNSMBd

And you still support the government? Sad

On 11/18/2022 at 9:43 AM, West said:

If they say it wasn't necessary, which is likely, those who had their accounts frozen will have every right to sue and those responsible should be held accountable. 

My guess is the far left judge will do his darnest to protect them from any sort of exposure tho. That's the way the system works

Sue for what??

The "far left" are not the ones that voted him for Prime M=minster 3 times regardless of the scandals behind him, it was all Canadians.

On 11/18/2022 at 7:49 PM, WestCanMan said:

After someone is murdered do we just say "Well that guy's history, time to move on..." or does something else happen? 

Sure, you approved of that bit of fascism, but it wasn't actually ok. Your opinion is duly noted, but still worthless. 

Another stupid pointless and irrelevant analogy.

You have no idea of what I approve of and the only thing noted is your ridiculous analogies and comments.

On 11/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, West said:

I support the government?  Says you, not me.

Like I have said repeatedly, even if the inquisition says the EMA was unnecessary, it is Canadian like you that vote fools like Trudeau back in, regardless of how many scandals they cause or participate in. The evidence is the past 3 elections.