Emergency Act commission

myata

8 hours ago, myata said:

The problem is not that should or shouldn't have happened it's a baby talk. Two centuries of baby talk how's that work for a 21st century democracy? The problem is that there are no real, effective and functional mechanisms checking, arresting and preventing government overreach and abuse of power. Just none. If they existed could be seen in this reality. But no, nothing. Only baby talk and be happy.

Yeah yeah.  Everything is bad.  We get it.  

Your problem?  You complain about everything while offering solutions to nothing.  It's tedious, pointless baby talk.  

Show us some concrete ideas and alternatives.  Tell us specifically what needs to change in your mind.  FYI "Do the bad things less" doesn't count.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

Yeah yeah.  Everything is bad.  We get it.  

Your problem?  You complain about everything while offering solutions to nothing.  It's tedious, pointless baby talk.  

Show us some concrete ideas and alternatives.  Tell us specifically what needs to change in your mind.  FYI "Do the bad things less" doesn't count.  

You are a joke. Go troll somewhere else. ? ?

Edited by West
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 3

27 minutes ago, West said:

No. I'm saying the opposite.. the testimony given under oath by INTELLIGENCE states there was no reason to believe Trump, Russia or anyone else was funding the convoy AND there was no information of "extremists" overthrowing the government.. 

This testimony was from a top intelligence coordinator yesterday... link found above

Yeah and... it was immediately debunked.

46 minutes ago, West said:

No. I'm saying the opposite.. the testimony given under oath by INTELLIGENCE states there was no reason to believe Trump, Russia or anyone else was funding the convoy AND there was no information of "extremists" overthrowing the government.. 

This testimony was from a top intelligence coordinator yesterday... link found above

Which further erodes the rationale behind the EMA.  

Though I agree with this post, I do find it curious how the Toronto Star is suddenly a reliable source of evidence for you now that it's telling you something you wanted to hear.  

13 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Which further erodes the rationale behind the EMA.  

Though I agree with this post, I do find it curious how the Toronto Star is suddenly a reliable source of evidence for you now that it's telling you something you wanted to hear.  

Well if I don't use a pre-approved leftist source they call it "fake news"..

I suppose you could listen to his testimony online.. it delivered a major blow to the fake narrative that led to the violent breakup of the protest and shows that those people who were abused by the press were right all along..

Edited by West
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, West said:

I suppose you could listen to his testimony online.. it delivered a major blow to the fake narrative that led to the violent breakup of the protest and shows that those people who were abused by the press were right all along..

So far, the testimony is about how misinformed and unprepared and incompetent the Ottawa police service was able to cope with the protest after 2 days.

We in Ottawa were fully aware of this. As it dragged on, it was even more obvious and eventually led to the Police Chief quitting. He even told the head of the police board to cut him a cheque and he will leave as Dianne Deans testified.

The break up of the protest questions and testimony have not even been discussed yet.

Blaming press is way too premature and will be proven to be false news perpetrated by the protesters. Lots of questions and answers yet to come.  LOL

11 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

So far, the testimony is about how misinformed and unprepared and incompetent the Ottawa police service was able to cope with the protest after 2 days.

We in Ottawa were fully aware of this. As it dragged on, it was even more obvious and eventually led to the Police Chief quitting. He even told the head of the police board to cut him a cheque and he will leave as Dianne Deans testified.

The break up of the protest questions and testimony have not even been discussed yet.

Blaming press is way too premature and will be proven to be false news perpetrated by the protesters. Lots of questions and answers yet to come.  LOL

Uh no... the intelligence coordinator delivered a pretty devastating blow to the narrative that was used to justify violent breakups of the protest. 

Some guy who bought into media lies isn't really a reliable source when said narrative was debunked by counter intelligence coordinators

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

You fail to understand that the EMA was many weeks after the debacle began.

It was not just for Wellington street but for Windsor and Coutts border crossings.

The blockades were mostly cleared and the honking had mostly stopped when the EA was declared.  You need to stop. I’m starting to think you’re a fake here on behalf of the Liberals.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

And yet the media were the first to report it.

That's common.. 

They run a 24 hour news cycle of lies and deceit when the stakes are high they issue a minor retraction which they bury to avoid lawsuits and pretend they are impartial. 

Damage was already done and people were violently assaulted by the police/had their charter rights suspended over a lie. 

1 minute ago, West said:

That's common.. 

They run a 24 hour news cycle of lies and deceit when the stakes are high they issue a minor retraction which they bury to avoid lawsuits and pretend they are impartial. 

Damage was already done and people were violently assaulted by the police/had their charter rights suspended over a lie. 

Trudeau should resign over this.  He was an incompetent leader, unable to bring the right tools to bring the temperature down.  Instead of reaching out with empathy and meeting with protest leaders he insulted them, painted thousands of protesters with the extremist brush, hid, and brought in the maximum domestic emergency powers available.  The claims against the protesters were exaggerated or outright lies.  Charter rights were trounced.  The whole mess is on the Liberal government.  Freeland was no better.  She revelled in the freezing of bank accounts, removal of licenses, and seizure of vehicles.  

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trudeau should resign over this.  He was an incompetent leader, unable to bring the right tools to bring the temperature down.  Instead of reaching out with empathy and meeting with protest leaders he insulted them, painted thousands of protesters with the extremist brush, hid, and brought in the maximum domestic emergency powers available.  The claims against the protesters were exaggerated or outright lies.  Charter rights were trounced.  The whole mess is on the Liberal government.  Freeland was no better.  She revelled in the freezing of bank accounts, removal of licenses, and seizure of vehicles.  

Lefties love incompetence so I doubt he'll resign. 

Nothing will happen to him.. the ultimate example of "priviledge" is right before your eyes here. 

18 hours ago, Aristides said:

What is impartial? People are testifying under oath. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/convoy-protest-money-csis-1.6621944

I guess you guys don't believe this either because the fix is in. 

That is not what i asked, I asked do you think that the commissionaire being a member of the Liberal party makes for good optics? Well testifying under oath is everything, nobody would ever lie or misdirect the truth while under oath, and especially not from the liberal party, right. I mean we have seen this over and over during all the liberal scandals, lies and misdirection given as a course of doing business. So, it is not a big leap to question why now would be any different.

And nobody has said that the fix is in, what we are suggesting is it is possible, that is what every conservative is thinking, that seed was planted when a liberal party member is placed in the commissionaire seat. one would think that just that fact would have given them a little pause to ensure transparency. But transparency is not a liberal value is it.

Well would you say it was good optics, does it instill your full confidence? or does it leave a little doubt that it will be impartial? 

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

So, you are saying the testimony given under oath are lies?? Talk about being paranoid LOL. You fit that perfectly.

Besides, the commission has not even gotten to the point where the EMA was announced. They are still at the first weekend of the debacle. LOL

Here is what i know, testimony under oath is all about one person's account or viewpoint of the incident, several times already this testimony by some while under oath has been debunked by other testimony, it does not mean that person lied per say, it does mean however that one account by that person is not factually correct. 

you can interview 10 people who watched the same accident as everyone else and you'll get 10 different stories, so yes testimony under oath is not infallible. and some of it will be debunked as further testimony is heard. 

And to further add to this, the liberal government used plenty of here say to make their case such as NAZI flags, apartment fire, desecration of the unknown soldier's tomb, not to mention the liberals use of lies and deceit during other topics or issues, like gun control, SNC, etc etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The blockades were mostly cleared and the honking had mostly stopped when the EA was declared.  You need to stop. I’m starting to think you’re a fake here on behalf of the Liberals.  

Big time incorrect.

They started to clear out only when they were told that in the morning the tow trucks were coming on the last day.

Edited by ExFlyer

4 hours ago, West said:

but you regularly call the source you just used "fake".  Somehow I'm not surprised you can't see the irony and the contradiction.  It's always funny to see you goobers gleefully post something from the MSM when it's saying something you want to hear, as if this is somehow a strange and unusual exception that manages to pierce the veil of fakery you've deluded yourself into believing.  ? 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Here is what i know, testimony under oath is all about one person's account or viewpoint of the incident, several times already this testimony by some while under oath has been debunked by other testimony, it does not mean that person lied per say, it does mean however that one account by that person is not factually correct. 

you can interview 10 people who watched the same accident as everyone else and you'll get 10 different stories, so yes testimony under oath is not infallible. and some of it will be debunked as further testimony is heard. 

And to further add to this, the liberal government used plenty of here say to make their case such as NAZI flags, apartment fire, desecration of the unknown soldier's tomb, not to mention the liberals use of lies and deceit during other topics or issues, like gun control, SNC, etc etc. 

I tend to agree with you except, most of those providing testimony so far have come with transcripts, emails, recordings and other evidence.

The nazi flags were there, seen by even proponents of the protest. Apartment fire was debunked within 24 hours. Desecration of the unknown soldier tomb was videoed.

Gun control and SNC etc etcis not part of this commissions mandate. We need to remember those and WE and many others when it is time to vote again.

22 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

but you regularly call the source you just used "fake".  Somehow I'm not surprised you can't see the irony and the contradiction.  It's always funny to see you goobers gleefully post something from the MSM when it's saying something you want to hear, as if this is somehow a strange and unusual exception that manages to pierce the veil of fakery you've deluded yourself into believing.  ? 

I dont see the contradictions, no. Pretty sure I told you awhile ago this is how they operate.

They are backing away now that they have no choice. The fake story served the purpose to influence public perceptions... people will continue to believe the convoy was trying to burn down buildings as not as many will see the retraction as saw the fake story to begin with.

Oddly you cannot see it's actually the intelligence coordinator who is calling out MSM for fake stories...  you say absolutely nothing about the fake stories and the impact they have. yet you will still gleefully latch on to the next obviously fake hit piece they put out with no second thought. Anyone who points out the unusual amount of fake news stories against certain groups of people and clear bias is then insulted as a "conspiracy theorist" ?

Edited by West
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

I tend to agree with you except, most of those providing testimony so far have come with transcripts, emails, recordings and other evidence.

The nazi flags were there, seen by even proponents of the protest. Apartment fire was debunked within 24 hours. Desecration of the unknown soldier tomb was videoed.

Gun control and SNC etc etcis not part of this commissions mandate. We need to remember those and WE and many others when it is time to vote again.

One flag meaning what, that Trudeau is acting like Hitler?  You’re playing Trudeau’s manipulative game.  Seize on the flag and say the protesters “are walking with the Nazis”.  Pathetic 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, West said:

I dont see the contradictions, no.

As predicted ?

1 hour ago, West said:

They are backing away now that they have no choice. The fake story served the purpose to influence public perceptions... people will continue to believe the convoy was trying to burn down buildings as not as many will see the retraction as saw the fake story to begin with.

They still don't have to report it.  If they operated the way you've deluded yourself into believing, the story you cited in your link would have never been published on their website!  ?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

No, lying and pretending the extremists weren't even part of it is pathetic.

the OPP chief intelligence officer has testified to the otherwise

OPP saw no evidence Freedom Convoy posed direct threat to national security: intelligence officer

During cross-examinations by different parties’ lawyers, Supt. Pat Morris also agreed with the assertion that intelligence he saw never pointed to extremism

“Everybody was asking about extremism. We weren’t seeing much evidence of it,” Morris said.

Morris said during his testimony on Wednesday that OPP “found no credible intelligence of threats” in terms of producing intelligence and even said that “the lack of violent crime was shocking” in Ottawa with only a few charges laid for violent crimes, most of them against police officers.

Morris also said he found it “problematic” to hear certain unidentified politicians and members of the media claim the protests were being influenced by Russian or American sources or even former President Donald Trump when he never saw proof of that.

He confirmed that the OPP had warned Ottawa police well before the Freedom Convoy arrived that protesters would stay “long-term”, contradicting alleged statements by Ottawa Police Service (OPS) chief Peter Sloly saying he had no intelligence warning him the protest could extend past one weekend.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/opp-sent-ottawa-police-intelligence-warning-freedom-convoy-would-stay-long-term

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 3