myata

10 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

just to know who he is

he was Plot 8, Row E, Grave 7

at Caberet-Rouge in Souchez

which means he was Canadian Corps

killed upon Vimy Ridge

CanNational_Vimy_Mem-12-n698zjsnp1v4gsls

And as Army Guy sadly said "And really do you really think the majority of Canadians give a fiddlers f*** about the unknown soldier's tomb, "

In Ottawa, there is more reverence for the tomb and cenotaph than from the rest of the country I think.

Edited by ExFlyer

33 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

And as Army Guy sadly said "And really do you really think the majority of Canadians give a fiddlers f*** about the unknown soldier's tomb, "

I don't know

all I know is what matters to me

and for me, Vimy Ridge is religion

the unknown soldier, 8E7, is a sacred individual, a messianic figure

the story of my people

• Like 2

Brigadier General A.G. Young at the podium there

for my generation

our 48th Highlanders Officer Commanding

our 48th Highlanders Commanding Officer

worked his way up through the ranks, from Private Soldier to Sergeant Major

then took his Commission, from Captain to Brigadier General

he is a heroic figure to all of us, he leads us all still, even in his retirement

yet he is so down to earth

we of course all address him as "General, sir"

but he says he's just one of the boys now : "call me Greg"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Army Guy said:

So they are extremists now, like the Taliban or ISIS or other terrorists' groups. Or have we redefined that word as well. Maybe you could come up with a far more descriptive word to describe these people...

Dude you're smarter than this.  This is a poor argument.  If anyone has redefined that word it's you in this case, if extremists can only mean muslims or...something.  Come on.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

In Ottawa, there is more reverence for the tomb and cenotaph than from the rest of the country I think.

right downtown in the heart of Toronto at Moss Park Armoury

the 48th Highlanders of Canada remain ready to kill & die for regiment, colours

and their brother at the Tomb of Unknown Soldier

in every town & city across Canada

the citizens soldiers of the Militia infantry regiments,  will go over the top when the whistle blows

either by Augmentation or direct entry to the Regular Force

T11497829

Victoria Patricia

80001600_2.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

In the meanwhile, comrade Xi in China is cementing his hold on the party and power and going for unprecedented third term. All claims and projects rubberstamped. Politburo filled with loyalists. Titled Paramount Supreme Leader or something like. Self-imposed tradition of leader restraint lasted five or six decades.

Does it ring any bells to us? Should it?

5 hours ago, myata said:

In the meanwhile, comrade Xi in China is cementing his hold on the party and power and going for unprecedented third term. All claims and projects rubberstamped. Politburo filled with loyalists. Titled Paramount Supreme Leader or something like. Self-imposed tradition of leader restraint lasted five or six decades.

China and Russia never gave up the Tsar or Emperor.   

10 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Dude you're smarter than this.  This is a poor argument.  If anyone has redefined that word it's you in this case, if extremists can only mean muslims or...something.  Come on.  

No, it is not a poor augment, when we describe extremists like the media, government, us the people we think of terrorist groups, most recent the Taliban or the 14 other terrorist groups in Afghanistan, just for Clarity  i would also include IRA, Bader mien Hof gang, PLO, FLQ, proud boys... Just to be even clearer 90 % or more of the known terrorist groups are Muslim, even they come in many different colors white like Chechens, black as in boko haram, or brown as in the majority of the others like ISIS. 

List of designated terrorist groups - Wikipedia

What we do not think of is Canadian protestors... while they may be a little out there, they are Canadians not extremists as in the conventional terms used by the media to describe the fringe but describe by our government as extremists. whose only crime was keeping people up at night, clogging the downtown core, not following pandemic measures like masking... 

And we have read some of the posts from some of the liberal crowd here and one would think they hung people by the testies by the dozens... blown up a plane full of Canadians, my favorite skinned a old man alive then staked him out in the sun to cook... those would be actions by extremists 

My point is it would be like calling someone a Nazi. when we all know that they are in a separate group altogether, a group of vile and evil people, of which there are not many others that could compare. some use the term in dramatic fashion as they have with the word extremists.

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

China and Russia never gave up

Well there are subtleties. For about sixty years, after Culture Revolution and its grotesque outcomes, the leadership in China was supposed to be collective and balanced. Term limits on power were imposed. One problem though: no external, independent checks. And look. Here we come, again.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 3:17 PM, myata said:

Who gives a F what China does.

Get over it LOL

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 10:01 PM, Army Guy said:

So they are extremists now, like the Taliban or ISIS or other terrorists' groups. Or have we redefined that word as well. Maybe you could come up with a far more descriptive word to describe these people...

I was going to describe you as a liberal, but it lacked the dramatic flair you seem to have. maybe someone else can give it a go.

"Tweenkie"

Just now, Nationalist said:

Well...

The correct answer is...EVERYBODY SHOULD.

Well.....

Just some more of your paranoiac fear mongering.

Fact is, China already owns us. We cannot do without China. We cannot function without what China ships to us.There is no more need to warn about China because China has been here for decades and we (all parties) not only allowed it, they encouraged it.

23 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Well.....

Just some more of your paranoiac fear mongering.

Fact is, China already owns us. We cannot do without China. We cannot function without what China ships to us.There is no more need to warn about China because China has been here for decades and we (all parties) not only allowed it, they encouraged it.

Now our blind actions need to be undone. Unless you're OK with being owned by China?

53 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Now our blind actions need to be undone. Unless you're OK with being owned by China?

Yeah... and how do you even think that can be done.

You like the cheap prices China gives you too so don't be sanctimonious.

Complaining and whining, your forte, is easy but , do you have solutions or just like to complain? LOL

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yeah... and how do you even think that can be done.

You like the cheap prices China gives you too so don't be sanctimonious.

Complaining and whining, your forte, is easy but , do you have solutions or just like to complain? LOL

Actually...the wife and I inspect all "Made In" labels. If something says "Made In China" we find an alternative. Preferably "Made In Canada".

I like Canadian made products. I'm sorry you don't. Enjoy your cheap-assed Chinese Tshirts.

I just gave you a solution. There are many others. For one...dismantle that Gawd Damn Quebec Power Corp.

But you may just plug your Canadian fingers in your Canadian ears and go 'La La La...'

Good Canadian...

Edited by Nationalist

10 minutes ago, myata said:

And they are looking more and more like it too! All worship the Paramount Leader (no questions asked). Soon we may elect"" our first General Secretary!

Like what??

You just hate everybody and everything so, you are a wasted effort.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Actually...the wife and I inspect all "Made In" labels. If something says "Made In China" we find an alternative. Preferable "Made In Canada".

I like Canadian made products. I'm sorry you don't. Enjoy your cheap-assed Chinese Tshirts.

I just gave you a solution. There are many others. For one...dismantle that Gawd Damn Quebec Power Corp.

But you may just plug you Canadian fingers in your Canadian ears and go 'La La La...'

Good Canadian...

Not too much "made in Canada" stuff anymore.

Careful of labels, they are smart nowadays to be able to hide actual site of manufacture and you end up buying made in XX and only packaged or shipped to you or your store from Canadian warehouse.

You gave no solution. Stop buying made in China is not even reasonable.

I wake up and smell reality, not pretendland.

Oh and, the topic is the Emergency Act Commission.

Even today, the questioning is still on the prep and planning for the trucker debacle and the first weekend. The key is that all police forces were surprised at the extent and quantity of the truckers. They had not planned or foreseen the scope of the actual event.

The police forces did not anticipate or plan for what eventually happened.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Downvote 1